ImageImageImage

The Newest Video Game Thread

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

jade_hippo
Starter
And1: 135

Re: The Newest Video Game Thread 

Post#1261 » by jade_hippo » Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:15 am

I'm at work and actual video game websites are blocked, what's the difference between Dragon Dogma and Dark Arisien? is it like an expansion or a makeover, I'm unclear on this.
Jukeness
Analyst
And1: 326

Post#1262 » by Jukeness » Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:19 am

jade_hippo wrote:I'm at work and actual video game websites are blocked, what's the difference between Dragon Dogma and Dark Arisien? is it like an expansion or a makeover, I'm unclear on this.

It's a re-release expansion that includes all of the original game and a lot of new content, plus makes the game harder. It's an expansion, but it's its own game, which is kind of weird.

Read this on Dragon Dogma wiki.
jade_hippo
Starter
And1: 135

Post#1263 » by jade_hippo » Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:34 am

Jukeness wrote:
jade_hippo wrote:I'm at work and actual video game websites are blocked, what's the difference between Dragon Dogma and Dark Arisien? is it like an expansion or a makeover, I'm unclear on this.

It's a re-release expansion that includes all of the original game and a lot of new content, plus makes the game harder. It's an expansion, but it's its own game, which is kind of weird.

Read this on Dragon Dogma wiki.

my work has a ban on anything that flags as "video games" on the interweb... strangely Facebook, Twitter, and most adult websites don't have bans. Thats why I asked.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,917

Post#1264 » by Klomp » Sun May 18, 2014 8:38 pm

In my latest MyCareer, I'm a 6'4" athletic PG who was drafted by New Orleans. After requesting a trade to either LAL, NY, or DET, I have the Lakers 4th in the West in my rookie year coming up on the All-Star break.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
AQuintus
RealGM
And1: 2,458

Post#1265 » by AQuintus » Sun May 18, 2014 8:55 pm

Klomp wrote:In my latest MyCareer, I'm a 6'4" athletic PG who was drafted by New Orleans. After requesting a trade to either LAL, NY, or DET, I have the Lakers 4th in the West in my rookie year coming up on the All-Star break.

I absolutely hate the trade and draft system in 2k. I've had a few different PGs (one 6'0" that I deleted in favor of a 6'6" PG since you always end up playing 50+% of your minutes at SG anyway) get drafted by the Pelicans, and there's no good reason for it since they already have a young All-star PG and a few solid backups. With my second PG (6'6") guy, I forced myself to play to the point that I could demand a trade, hoping to get to either Orlando or Indiana, but the top interest was from Phoenix, another team stuffed full of PGs.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1266 » by Klomp » Sun May 18, 2014 10:30 pm

They'll only trade you to a team on your list. Don't list Phoenix if you don't want to play there.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,327

Post#1267 » by Calinks » Mon May 19, 2014 6:51 am

I still haven't gotten 2K14. Wont get another 2K game until they add a bunch of new features or I get a new gen system.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
AQuintus
RealGM

Post#1268 » by AQuintus » Mon May 19, 2014 6:31 pm

Klomp wrote:They'll only trade you to a team on your list. Don't list Phoenix if you don't want to play there.

I'm playing on PS4, so I don't get to make a list.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1269 » by Klomp » Mon May 19, 2014 6:37 pm

AQuintus wrote:
Klomp wrote:They'll only trade you to a team on your list. Don't list Phoenix if you don't want to play there.

I'm playing on PS4, so I don't get to make a list.

Interesting. I'm on 360.

Do you demand a trade or only request one? When I request one, they let me choose three teams I'd want to go to, and I always end up on one of those teams.

AQuintus
RealGM

Post#1270 » by AQuintus » Mon May 19, 2014 6:42 pm

Klomp wrote:Interesting. I'm on 360.

Do you demand a trade or only request one? When I request one, they let me choose three teams I'd want to go to, and I always end up on one of those teams.

After about 20 games in the next gen storyline, your agent will talk about possibly asking about a trade and will say that he'll start to make a list of interested teams. A few games later, you can look at that list which lists every team in the league by order of interest, with most teams not being interested. Then, every once in a while, you get called into the GMs office (you have zero control when) and you can request a trade, which will send you to a team that has interest (not always the one with the most interest).

Before the draft, your agent will ask which team you'd like to play for. As far as I can tell, it pretty much guarantees that that team WON'T draft you but will have higher interest in a trade. Overall, the system sucks compared to the way that thy used to do it - especially with the crap trade and draft interest system.

Edit:

So, I made a PG and got drafted by NOH where I played way too much SG since they have Jrue Holiday and Brian Roberts, and where the spacing was terrible with Evans at SF, Ryan Anderson never open and refusing to shoot when he was open (due to crappy big man shooter AI), and no one ever getting open in the mid-range (again due to crappy AI). Then I forced myself to play until I could ask for a trade (since if I remember correctly, my favorite team was the Pacers - good shooters and bigs), but the top interested team was Phoenix (Bledsoe, Dragic, and Ish Smith), and the Pacers had zero interest. Then I deleted that PG.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#1271 » by Calinks » Mon May 19, 2014 6:45 pm

AQuintus wrote:
Klomp wrote:Interesting. I'm on 360.

After about 20 games in the next gen storyline, your agent will talk about possibly asking about a trade and will say that he'll start to make a list of interested teams. A few games later, you can look at that list which lists every team in the league by order of interest, with most teams not being interested. Then, every once in a while, you get called into the GMs office (you have zero control when) and you can request a trade, which will send you to a team that has interest (not always the one with the most interest).

Before the draft, your agent will ask which team you'd like to play for. As far as I can tell, it pretty much guarantees that that team WON'T draft you but will have higher interest in a trade. Overall, the system sucks compared to the way that thy used to do it - especially with the crap trade and draft interest system.

Honestly, they should just give you the option to get drafted by whatever team you want. If you want to still be realistic you can opt out of that but if you just want to go to your team, they should give you the choice. Hell ,they can even through together a quick scenes that just says the other team traded up for you to fit the narrative. Its not that hard and it will save the gamers a lot of grief.
AQuintus
RealGM

Post#1272 » by AQuintus » Mon May 19, 2014 6:49 pm

Calinks wrote:Honestly, they should just give you the option to get drafted by whatever team you want. If you want to still be realistic you can opt out of that but if you just want to go to your team, they should give you the choice. Hell ,they can even through together a quick scenes that just says the other team traded up for you to fit the narrative. Its not that hard and it will save the gamers a lot of grief.

They really should, but unfortunately, the game took a huge step back in player control in next gen.

Honestly, the inability to get to the team you want/ getting stuck on a team that's stacked at your position doesn't bother me any where near as much as the fact that you're stuck using the default/2k roster in MyCareer. In past games we could use custom rosters, and they're sooooo much better.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#1273 » by Calinks » Mon May 19, 2014 7:08 pm

AQuintus wrote:
Calinks wrote:Honestly, they should just give you the option to get drafted by whatever team you want. If you want to still be realistic you can opt out of that but if you just want to go to your team, they should give you the choice. Hell ,they can even through together a quick scenes that just says the other team traded up for you to fit the narrative. Its not that hard and it will save the gamers a lot of grief.

They really should, but unfortunately, the game took a huge step back in player control in next gen.

Honestly, the inability to get to the team you want/ getting stuck on a team that's stacked at your position doesn't bother me any where near as much as the fact that you're stuck using the default/2k roster in MyCareer. In past games we could use custom rosters, and they're sooooo much better.

Weak.

2k15 better step up.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1274 » by Klomp » Mon May 19, 2014 9:06 pm

AQuintus wrote:Honestly, the inability to get to the team you want/ getting stuck on a team that's stacked at your position doesn't bother me any where near as much as the fact that you're stuck using the default/2k roster in MyCareer. In past games we could use custom rosters, and they're sooooo much better.

Not only that, but some of the CPU trades are terrible.

Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#1275 » by Calinks » Wed May 21, 2014 5:57 am

I guarantee Kevin Love gets the cover on a 2K game within 2 years of being traded
AQuintus
RealGM

Post#1276 » by AQuintus » Wed May 21, 2014 6:06 am

Trying a PG again (this time 6'7"), and I lucked out and got drafted by the Wolves. Hopefully I'll be happier here than in New Orleans (although Love is completely broken - doesn't rebound (nobody does, rebounding is broken) and just stands around the three point line on O where his defender blankets him the entire possession).

Edit:

Found out that as the PG you can change the offense from 4-out 1-in (the default for every team) to 3-out 2-in, and that Love is MUCH more effective in the 3-out 2-in. Really, every PF, even the 3-point shooters are more effective in the 3-out 2-in. I have no idea why 2k made the 4-out 1-in the default (which you can't change unless you're the PG or have the Floor General sig skill).
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1277 » by Klomp » Wed May 21, 2014 6:15 am

AQuintus wrote:Trying a PG again (this time 6'7"), and I lucked out and got drafted by the Wolves. Hopefully I'll be happier here than in New Orleans (although Love is completely broken - doesn't rebound (nobody does, rebounding is broken) and just stands around the three point line on O where his defender blankets him the entire possession).

In my first MyCareer when I was a 6'9" SF, I forced a trade here and he did the same thing. Plus, my ball-dominance didn't really work with Ricky. Thought about forcing a trade with my rookie since I wasn't drafted by them (got an interview though), but decided against it.

Sick of my Laker teammates not helping me though. I'm hoping that we are active in free agency once the offseason gets here.

Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1278 » by Klomp » Tue May 27, 2014 3:37 am

Positive: I have the Lakers in the running for home court advantage in the West.
Negative: Its still the Lakers. If they don't help me out in free agency, I'm gone.

Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#1279 » by Calinks » Wed Jun 4, 2014 6:39 pm

Just got NBA 2K14 for free on PS+ question, is there anyway to play exhibition without the injured rosters? If not that's incredibly stupid they hamper you with injuries in a damn exhibition single player mode. Game is way too integrated with online.
Streakers33
Sixth Man
And1: 202

Post#1280 » by Streakers33 » Thu Jun 5, 2014 7:07 am

Haha. I'm glad I isn't only one addicted to 2k14. Even the gm mode I find myself lost for way too many hours. I think I was in year 2075 before I started over and back into 2025 now. And let's just say the twolves win. Haha

In the my player. An Athletic sf at 6'9". And I have a few games left in rookie year. Traded to twolves and enjoying being the fourth seed and almost to playoffs. Averaging 17/7/6/3/3. So not a superstar. But a blast doing everything. Rubio and I enjoy fighting for the assist leader of the night. And pek is averaging almost 33 ppg. We make him look good. Haha. Game has me sucked in.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves