Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Grits n Gravy
General Manager
And1: 1,800

Re: The Newest Video Game Thread 

Post#981 » by Grits n Gravy » Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:20 am

Calinks wrote:
Grits n Gravy wrote:
Calinks wrote:Thats smart thinking but I am pretty sure you can't lower your attributes anymore :(

oh dam...i haven't played 2k13 in so long i couldn't remember. maybe you should go back go back before you demanded the trade and wait out until free agency.

Tried it, the game auto saves everything and you can't go back, I even saved a back up from the cloud to try and load it if something went wrong and the game auto syncs all your save files, it's messed up.

yeah that's bs. i hate that it's so online dependant why can't we just have the offline simplicity.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,230

Post#982 » by Calinks » Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:17 am

I agree.

Well GM's hate me now. I finally got back to the wolves and then tried again to go to the Hornets but they wouldn't trade for me. Wound up on the Kings. Demand a trade again and he lit me up. Hopefully they send me back to the wolves for Cousins again lol. Once I get there I think I will ride it out until next season.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#983 » by Calinks » Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:26 pm

So after forcing my way off of half the teams in the league, signing a big contract with the Spurs, and then immediately demanding a trade 5 games into the season, I have finally wound back on the wolves.

My career has suffered considerably as I had to foul out of many games and I purposely threw games 6 and 7 of the first round and screwed the Thunder. I don't know if I will ever be able to get Love back on this team. The wolves would never trade me for him when I asked over 3 times.

Besides the Love stuff it actually all worked out for the best. My rival is no longer playing behind Dwight Howard as I was traded for him in one of the many random trades I forced. Now he is starting and the rivalry can continue. Pekovic is no longer playing behind Hibbert and the wolves are freaking awesome!

Seriously this is a dream videogame wolves team now. Check this out, keep in mind this is 2-3 years down the line and the young players have gotten better.

PG: Rubio (93) Rookie George Hill
SG: Eric Gordon (92) Jared Dudley
SF: Alonzo Gee
PF: D-Will (83)
C: Myself Perkins

Our bench is full of athletes and 3 point shooters. We got this PF who dunks everything. Alonzo Gee breaks people down and dunks on defenders. Rubio is throwing alley's all over the place, assist come so easy. It's way funner playing with these guys than AK and Roy who couldn't do crap with speed.

Oh, and for some reason the wolves got the number one pick so the rookie PG behind Rubio is amazing too. D-Will is playing well but if we had Love this would be a super team.
southern wolf
General Manager
And1: 2,163

Post#984 » by southern wolf » Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:45 am

Wow I couldn't be bothered going to all that trouble Calinks!

I did start a CAL with Demarcus Cousins. First thing I did was request a trade to either the Heat or the Thunder lol. I ended up getting him traded to the Thunder for Martin!

Westbrook
Brewer
Durant
Ibaka
Cousins

Beastly. I wish you could get techs in 2k though. I'd like to keep some of Cousins craziness alive.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#985 » by Calinks » Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:21 am

Haha.

And yea, I am crazy about playing for the wolves with my center. All I wanted was the Love, Rubio, Myself core with some wings. The team I have now is so good though, I just wish we could swap D-Will out for Love.

My rivals Blazers team is ungodly though.

PG: Liilard
SG: Some average SG
PF: Aldridge
C: My defensive GOAT center Rival

And who do they have at small forward? Lebron FREAKING JAMES

Everyone is two years better. Lebron is firmly in his prime.

This is going to be a hellish division rivalry. Throw the Thunder into the mix and we got to be the best three teams in the NBA.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#986 » by Calinks » Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:41 pm

Alright played some more games. I really do love this team. Just two problems.

Eric Gordon's height is a big problem. For some reason he struggles to get open and he is always getting his shot blocked or changed. I def wish we still had Love instead because he was cash money. Gordon is very hit or miss, nothing like he should be in this game. D-Will has a similar problem but not as bad.

Rubio is also pissing me off. It is 2016 and Rubio has developed some very good jump shot ratings. As a center there are many times I get doubled in the post and Rubio is usually the guy left open. He has a 90-something 3 pt rating yet he refuses to take the open three and opts to drive 80 percent of the time.

Whenever he drives, the defense just collapses on him and he usually puts up a bad shot or has to pass. It's really annoying.

This team is athletic as hell. My favorite teammate is Alonzo Gee. The guy is pretty much Lebron light but a better shooter. When I get him the ball and he has any space, he puts the three up. Other times he somehow manages to continually blow by defenders and throw down a dunk. He's just ridiculously lethal.

We also have this rookie PG who backs up Rubio. He's aggressive as hell, always attacking the basket with authority. He has some nice handles too and breaks down defenders fairly often. Truth be told, I wouldn't mind Rubio getting traded and him starting if it ever happened.
bestintheworld
Ballboy
And1: 2

Post#987 » by bestintheworld » Sat Apr 6, 2013 7:57 am

Just started association mode with minnesota in NBA 2k11 lol. Starters are JJ, AK, Dham, Love and Pec. Also i have Luke and Chase. We are doing pretty well, 3 games 3 wins. Love and AK are stars. Would have been cool to have Ricky, Shved, Steamer though.

I made Pec a beast, he scores 20+ every game(he has 60 raiting in nba 2k11)

Luke looks weird. Like old granny.
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#988 » by Devilzsidewalk » Tue Apr 9, 2013 4:03 pm

i havent bought 2k the past 2 yrs...almost started missing it until i read your 2k11 post and i was reminded that they pull all online support for the games soon as the next title gets within earshot to try and force your hand in buying the new game.

Screw those guys, all I care about is Bethesda and Bioware action RPGs. They do me right.
jade_hippo
Starter
And1: 135

Post#989 » by jade_hippo » Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:53 am

I caved and bought a 2 pack of MLB and NBA 2k13 when it was $20 off, I have to say I'm enjoying baseball more than the basketball.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,829

Post#990 » by Klomp » Sun May 5, 2013 1:52 am

Played 2k13 for the first time in months. Started with the offseason, turning us into

Paul/Ridnour
Rubio/Afflalo
George/Budinger
Love/Cunningham
Drummond/Stiemsma

as my main rotation. Frontcourt depth is obviously weak, but I'm figuring out how to proceed and who to trade for an upgrade there.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
AQuintus
RealGM
And1: 2,458

Post#991 » by AQuintus » Sun May 5, 2013 4:14 am

Right now I'm 20 games into a MyCareer with a SG. I got drafted by Portland, and for some reason, despite being the second highest rated player on the team, Batum got benched so I could start at SF with Matthews at SG. This game would be so much better if they allowed more control with sliders and rosters to avoid goofy crap like that.
Nitroglycerin
Starter
And1: 528

Post#992 » by Nitroglycerin » Sun May 5, 2013 5:12 am

Started an association in 2k13 with the twolves.

Im using albys realistic roster 5 with 2014 draft class and modified settings

i simmed year 1 and started with offseason (twolves won 50 games, 3rd seed only to be eliminated by clippers)

fired terry porter and hired budonholzer

(during the nba draft where teams have lots of cap space)
traded roy,ridnour 1st round pick(#25) to cle for cap space
(no way i can draft oladipo,and i hate this draft.)

traded dwill,barea to por for matthews and maynor

(free agency)
signed gelly
signed steamer
signed cj

signed pek for 6mil+ for 4 years
ak opt out but signed for 4mil+ for 2 years
signed bud 4mil+ for 3 years

signed reddick 7mil for 3 years
signed brandon wright 4mil+ for 3 years

rubio/shved/maynor
matthews/reddick/lee
ak/bud/gelly
love/dham
pek/wright/steamer/cj

championship baby!
Trust the PRosas!
Nitroglycerin
Starter

Post#993 » by Nitroglycerin » Sun May 5, 2013 12:49 pm

Also tried an association with spurs.

Simmed every season game and started with the playoffs.

We're 3rd seed facing 6th seed twolves.

I put Diaw in the inactive list

game 1

I was killing them at the start. Parker penetrations lead to 2 early fouls to Love and Rubio and i started to pull away.

Love never got his rythm because of foul trouble and because of Duncan's goat defense. Leonard just does everything blocking shots,steals,assists,dunks.
Parker even though not shooting well is still getting his points in free throws.
Bonner doing his Love impersonation

the only bright for the wolves is bud and shved with 20+ points between them. But we're up by 20 points.

then the wolves came back to life in the 2nd half. They torched us in the 3rd quarter outscoring us by 14! Love found his rythym and hitting threes. Shved going ham going for 30 points!
I really struggled making shots and refs wont call on Parker's penetrations anymore

in the 4th, Parker and Duncan played like it was 03. Killing them with pick and rolls. Parker finished with 32 and 12 and Duncan with 12 and 13. But then Shved still is hot and making threes. Love is killing it. I struggled to penetrate the paint coz of their defense. And really force things because i want Parker's 10th assist always passing it out

last 2 minutes or so. Wolves ball. Small lineup with AK playing 4,Love in the 5 with Bud and Shved at wing. 7th point lead Spurs.

Ricky with the ball. Lots and picks. Really struggled staying in front of him. Then he penetrates,hesitates,looked like he will go outside but then and over the shoulder no look pass to slashing bud with a layup!
5 point lead!!!

I said to myself "its okay i have a 5 point lead.
Their defense really tightened up and forced me to take a contested jumpshot.
Airball.shot clock violation.

Wolves ball. Rubio with the ball. Clock is ticking. 5 point lead for Spurs.
I was denying Rubio's entry pass to Love so i was sagging off him and giving lots of space(i did it the whole not really defending him)

then the unbelievable!
3 point shot by Rubio! Going going going..booommm! Rubio for 3!!!! His first made jumpshot! Crowd dead silent! Rubio with the pump fist! 2 point lead Spurs

Spurs ball. I want to end this. Less than a minute. Parker and Duncan pick and roll.
Parker to Duncan inside the paint! Duncan was dunking it! But damn! Love with big block to Duncan!

Love immediately took the ball and called for a timeout.

24+ seconds left. Wolves ball
2 point lead. Crowd is loud

Rubio dribbling the ball burning time.
Rubio and Love pick and roll! I left Rubio open midrange to help Splitter deny the entry pass.
Shot clock.. 5..4...3..2..
Damn! Rubio took the midrange shot! Ball in the air....kaboooommmm!
Rubio with the buzzer beater and for the tie!
Crowd is very tense! I called for a timeout
1.3 seconds left

tie game. Spurs ball. With the time left only a catch and shoot is possible. Sideline inbound.

I said to myself " arghh 5 more minutes"

i used Parker going tru multiple screens.
After a misdirection, Parker escaped Rubio with a Duncan screen and was open in the top of the key ala Reggie Miller against the Bulls

Parker got the pass. 1.3 seconds only! Parker turned around and took a turnaround fadeaway.
It was a forced shot. A desperation shot.
Ball in air.. Going...going...kabooooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!
It went in!!!!!!
Parker beat the clock! Parker with the game winner!!!! The crowd goes wild! Wolves cant believe it! Spurs bench in a frenzy! Parker rejoicing! Spurs take game 1!

Wolves really brought it. I was lucky that shot went in (it really look liked it wasnt going in). 1-0 lead.

Shved, Love and Bud finished with 20 plus points each.

Parker,Duncan and Leonard with big double double games ftw!
Trust the PRosas!
jade_hippo
Starter

Post#994 » by jade_hippo » Wed May 8, 2013 11:08 am

anyone else get Injustice? Pretty similar to MK9, Lobo just dropped as first DLC, Batgirl is next up apparently.
Mattya
RealGM
And1: 6,314

Post#995 » by Mattya » Wed May 8, 2013 2:27 pm

jade_hippo wrote:anyone else get Injustice? Pretty similar to MK9, Lobo just dropped as first DLC, Batgirl is next up apparently.

Yea, I really enjoyed it. The story was really good, and had some fun mini games to break up the regular fighting. I'm pretty terrible at fighting games and this was really fun for me.
jade_hippo
Starter

Post#996 » by jade_hippo » Wed May 8, 2013 11:39 pm

Mattya wrote:
jade_hippo wrote:anyone else get Injustice? Pretty similar to MK9, Lobo just dropped as first DLC, Batgirl is next up apparently.

Yea, I really enjoyed it. The story was really good, and had some fun mini games to break up the regular fighting. I'm pretty terrible at fighting games and this was really fun for me.

I've tried to play online, played maybe 10 games and still have only made contact on a hit maybe once or twice in all the games combined. Was wondering if there is something I don't know that explains why I'm so terrible.
Mattya
RealGM
And1: 6,314

Post#997 » by Mattya » Thu May 9, 2013 1:34 pm

jade_hippo wrote:
Mattya wrote:

I've tried to play online, played maybe 10 games and still have only made contact on a hit maybe once or twice in all the games combined. Was wondering if there is something I don't know that explains why I'm so terrible.

I have probably the slowest internet possible, so I don't even try going online with this game.
southern wolf
General Manager
And1: 2,163

Post#998 » by southern wolf » Thu May 9, 2013 1:55 pm

I think I've made my favourite, funnest 2k association team yet with the Rockets. Signed Howard this summer and built a dunk contest starting line-up.

Bledsoe/rookie pg
Harden/Redick
Igoudala/Parsons
Faried/K-Mart
Howard/Splitter
Nitroglycerin
Starter

Post#999 » by Nitroglycerin » Fri May 10, 2013 4:58 pm

Are there anyone here legit cyberface makers for 2k13?
Or has a account in nba-live.com(NLSC) or other 2k modding sites?

I forgot my NLSC (2k modding site) account.
I tried to make another account but i cant access my yahoo mail to activate it because i only use mobile internet

can someone make/ request for pekovic cyberface update with his new bear tattoo?
and/or chris johnsons'? (he has an oversized head in 2k13 which is very distracting)
Trust the PRosas!
Nitroglycerin
Starter

Post#1000 » by Nitroglycerin » Wed May 15, 2013 7:15 pm

2k14 and probabably live14 will be released on october 1st

said both are "next gen" games

i dont even know what that means but im pumped! I hope they still release a PC version
Trust the PRosas!

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves