The Newest Video Game Thread

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,100

Re: The Newest Video Game Thread 

Post#901 » by Calinks » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:16 am

Here is a half assed thrown together Shved I made in 10 minutes. I'll work on him more later but he already looks better than the trash the "2K Insider" gave us IMO.

http://via.me/-6wi10ts
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
southern wolf
General Manager
And1: 2,163

Post#902 » by southern wolf » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:35 am

Has anyone played Modern Warfare 2 yet?

I just finished Assassin's Creed 3 and loved it. Good variety of missions.
cpfsf
General Manager
And1: 1,104
Location: sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell

Post#903 » by cpfsf » Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:06 pm

southern wolf wrote:Has anyone played Modern Warfare 2 yet?

mw2=mw3

it has pretty fun missions w/ a good enough story line. multiplayer kind of sucks b/c of camping.

sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell
AQuintus
RealGM
And1: 2,458

Post#904 » by AQuintus » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:50 pm

If anyone is interested, there are a few people that have worked out equations that directly link player ratings to their actual stats.

Here: http://www.operationsports.com/forums/n ... -read.html

And Here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pWs ... asic?pli=1

I made an Excel file that directly pulls the relevant stats from Hoopsdata.com and Basketball-Reference.com an put those numbers into the equations to calculate what should be accurate ratings. The numbers aren't especially useful right now due to small sample sizes, but I'm hoping that after 20-30 games, I'll be able to make a decent roster using those ratings.

Unfortunately, even doing it this way, there are a few problems: 1) The shot inside rating is broken, as it is, the league average at the rim is something like 66%. In the game, that equates to around 108 rating, so most FG% will never be as high as they should be. 2) Way to many ratings are based on subjective evaluations. I'm going to try to take some subjectivity out of it by using DraftExpress's combine ratings for athletic ratings, etc, but it will never be perfectly accurate. 3) A lot of the shot locations, etc will be really tedious to put in off of online shot charts, so I might not do so.

The Excel file for anyone interested: https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B-Qvv_ ... ENkOUpQdUE
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#905 » by Calinks » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:53 am

Other people's thoughts on 2K rosters.

It makes you wonder if these guys just do it to **** us all off every year with there pathetic roster updates. I guess we are the real fools as we buy this game every year hoping for the best with this worthless 2k insider. They probably all set around every day laughing at all of us for all our complaints. At least this year they actually made a descent game, but the lack of roster updates and the lack of knowledge from the 2k insider on ratings really ruins it. What we all need to do is just boycott buying the game and maybe when sales drop off they will step up and get the 2k insider off his lazy *** or fire him and get someone who actually watches and understands the game.

It's a travesty these guys are still getting paid. Talk about stealing money.....

Its like this every year man. The so called 2k insider is as worthless as they come. This game is a great game but the roster updates really ruin the experience. I think I am going to go on 2k share and hopefully find all missing players and put them in the game. I really hate doing this cause I have better things to do than make my own dam rosters, but unfortunately it looks like I am going to have to do it. I usually fix players that are way overrated or underated but even that I hate doing as it takes time. I wish I was not so OCD and could just pick up the game and play it for what it is. I almost did not buy it this year and thought about just sticking with playing MLB The Show all winter but I needed a basketball fix and NBA2k12 was so pathetic with all the stat glitches that I just could not play it any longer. If EA ever get their heads out their asses and make a basketball game that is descent 2k could be in trouble cause 1 thing EA did do was get all players in the game when they made a game.

They updated the Blazers court but they still have two players missing

This is getting ridiculous.

2k insider needs FIRED ASAP. This guy is a fool. Why dont they hire someone who actually watches basketball games to do this job.

:lol: At least 2K is hearing from people.
southern wolf
General Manager

Post#906 » by southern wolf » Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:36 am

cpfsf wrote:
southern wolf wrote:Has anyone played Modern Warfare 2 yet?

mw2=mw3

it has pretty fun missions w/ a good enough story line. multiplayer kind of sucks b/c of camping.

I don't know why I said MW2, I meant the latest one, Black ops 2.
Tekkenlaw
Starter
And1: 39

Post#907 » by Tekkenlaw » Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:34 pm

So glad I got 2k13 for PC, I''ve had Shved in the game with a legit cyber face for weeks, there was even a shorter hair version after he cut his. But I hope they include an update where the announcers actually say his name instead of calling him number one.

Traded Love for Kidd-Gilchrist straight up and won a title in 2015, but Williams has a potential rating of like 90 in this game :/

PG. Rubio/DJ Augustine
SG. Shved/Roy
SF. MKG/AK47
PF. Williams/Cunningham
C. Pekovic/Biyombo

Sick.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#908 » by Calinks » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:14 pm

They say Shved on Xbox now.

Just saw the new GTA trailer. I LOVE those games. Can't wait to play it!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vzue74y7A84[/youtube]
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,503

Post#909 » by Klomp » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:57 pm

I don't think I can afford to restart MyCareer just for Shved. Midway through the season, Klomp and the Minnesota Timberwolves are 35-6.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Grits n Gravy
General Manager
And1: 1,800

Post#910 » by Grits n Gravy » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:09 am

Calinks wrote:They say Shved on Xbox now.

Just saw the new GTA trailer. I LOVE those games. Can't wait to play it!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vzue74y7A84[/youtube]

HELL YEAH!!, can't wait. just finally updated the roster on 2k12 and dear god their shved is absolutely downright pathetic, looks absolutely NOTHING like him....**** sake 2k.
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#911 » by Devilzsidewalk » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:54 am

*YAWN!*

I don't want to watch the greatest collection of stars ever to voice act a cutscene, i want to play a sandbox game with depth and replayability. The more time they spend on their supposedly fantastic storyline means less freedom the player has to explore a supposedly sandbox game. That was the whole revolutionary concept of the original GTA - there was no story even, you just have the freedom to do what you want basically. Now they think they're filming a blockbuster movie or some **** and you spend 20% of your time seeing what kind of new cars they, 20% of the time seeing how much crime you can commit before the cops off you, 55% of the time watching cutscenes, and the remaining 5% of the time angrily returning that piece of **** to game stop for 10 cents on the dollar

GTA 4 sucked and GTA 5 looks like a worthy sequel judging by that vid
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#912 » by Calinks » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:44 am

Although I really enjoyed GTA IV I think with V, they have learned their mistakes and are pumping it full of content. The Ballad of Gat Tony is probably a fair indication of their direction. That was geared a lot more towards fun than the vanilla IV.
Reckless
Analyst
And1: 564

Post#913 » by Reckless » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:31 am

Calinks wrote:Although I really enjoyed GTA IV I think with V, they have learned their mistakes and are pumping it full of content. The Ballad of Gat Tony is probably a fair indication of their direction. That was geared a lot more towards fun than the vanilla IV.

I would say GTA IV was fun but not memorable. This new game looks like it will be pretty memorable.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#914 » by Klomp » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:13 am

Somehow, Josh Howard is a 70.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#915 » by Calinks » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:59 am

11-14 Roster update!

Looks like another worthless job by the 2k insider once again. Amazing how pathetic the guy is. Seems to me they 2k could be sued for false advertising the NBA today mode is just that and means rosters should be accurate as of today. EA never seemed to have a problem updating Live when they made a game, sure their gameplay sucked but atleast they made a effort to make sure all players were in the game. I understand it being hard to keep up with accessories and not being able to give ratings updates every day, but there is really no excuse for not making more effort to putting players in the game especially when the players have been in games already.

:lol: Fans are getting more and more vocal.
southern wolf
General Manager

Post#916 » by southern wolf » Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:47 am

southern wolf
General Manager

Post#917 » by southern wolf » Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:40 pm

You can't go wrong with Kevin Love in 2K13. Last game I hit 5/6 threes with him and the next game 5/8 including the game winner. I moved him to point guard for the final play and launched a shot over Lowry ftw. I can't say we would get away with that in a real game though.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#918 » by Klomp » Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:44 pm

southern wolf wrote:You can't go wrong with Kevin Love in 2K13. Last game I hit 5/6 threes with him and the next game 5/8 including the game winner. I moved him to point guard for the final play and launched a shot over Lowry ftw. I can't say we would get away with that in a real game though.

Its a thing of beauty! Good idea on the last second lineup if its just a catch and shoot.

Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#919 » by Calinks » Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:25 am

Sony 3D 1080 HD TV for 100 bucks! I'm getting it. That's a great deal for a 1080 tv.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Sony+Comput ... 8360683860

Heads up though it on;y has HDMI ports so you will need to hook a game/pc up to it or HD cable that uses HDMI
southern wolf
General Manager

Post#920 » by southern wolf » Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:59 am

Klomp wrote:
southern wolf wrote:You can't go wrong with Kevin Love in 2K13. Last game I hit 5/6 threes with him and the next game 5/8 including the game winner. I moved him to point guard for the final play and launched a shot over Lowry ftw. I can't say we would get away with that in a real game though.

Its a thing of beauty! Good idea on the last second lineup if its just a catch and shoot.

Yeah it was just a catch and shoot. I figured the computer wouldn't react and he'd be shooting over a 6 footer.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves