The Newest Video Game Thread

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,098

Re: The Newest Video Game Thread 

Post#921 » by Calinks » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:33 am

Just had the most badass playoffs. NBA Finals. My rookie has done it all.

Rookie of the Year
Rising Start MVP
1st Year All-Star
3pt contest winner
Leading three point scorer
Laague MVP

In the finals I we were up against the Heat. I just edged Lebron out for MVP so this was going to be an epic matchup of SF''s. Game one was phenomenal. Lebron was just no the whole time and I was right behind him. I'm more of a shooter he's the better athlete. We traded blows but I won.

Games 2 and 3 were surprising blowouts. I dominated Scoring 40 and 43 points respectively. Dished out 10+ assist each time as well. I was telling the media we were going to sweep/. Game 4 came and I got cocky, decided I want to get 20 assist if possible/.

Started out great but I slowly began to rack up fouls and my team was missing my offense. After being forced to sit the Heat got up. The 4th came and we were down 4. Refs called a BS fould and I had hit 5. Terrible timing as my team needed me to score and Lebron went psycho mode again and was unstoppable.

Now I couldn't even defend him properly for gear of fouling out. Lebron went off for probably 12 points in a row, just crazy play. /I finally said screw it and started to D him up close/. I started to go off like never before. Hitting everything. Like 5 three's, jumpers, layups. Everybody was going nuts. /Lebron and I were at war. In the end I'm driving and Lebron is all over me. Game tied. I pass to Royce White who hits the layup and puts us up by two.

Wade finds a way to get to the line and hits both FT's. I hit a long jumper and put us back up by two with 50 seconds left. /Wade makes a sloppy pass and I pick it off, run on the break but dribble it too wildly and Lebron takes the ball away from me, gets it back to Wade and they get the easy layup.

Tie game, 20 seconds left. The Heat fans are going nuts, I get the ball and march up to Lebron. I run clock, he gets in his defensive stand, it all comes down to this last play. When I say I as on fire, I mean it/. Up too here I had 22 points in the 4th to Lebron's 14. I had brought us back from being down double figures. 6 seconds to go I make my move, hesitation dribble right, Lebron follows, cross left, Lebron sticks. Half dribble give me an ounce of daylight but I have to step back beyond the arch. Put the shot up and BANG! 3 point game winner.

25 points on the 4th quarter playing off of 5 fouls. Crowed is stunned, Rockers are new NBA champs and I can add Finals MVP to my resume. What a season!

When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
southern wolf
General Manager
And1: 2,163

Post#922 » by southern wolf » Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:39 am

^ Sounds like a movie script! How many games did you sim during the season? I always run out of patience with myplayer.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#923 » by Calinks » Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:22 am

I only simmed maybe 8 or so but after the 3pt contest I ran into some glitch that simmed the rest of the season. First round I played my first game and then simmed to next key game. All the sudden we were down 3-1 so I had to battle like crazy. Then I simmed most of the second round, played all the games in the WCF and Finals which were sweeps.

It was really fun matching up with Lebron though, there were times I could stop him but not for long. They really had the crowed and atmosphere going too. Never done a My player before as anything but a center but it was cool coming off of screens, and trying to break ankles to get buckets. Also love dishing the ball. Lebron and I were very similar mulch-faceted players. Lebron was more well rounded because he was a much better rebounder. I was always getting more assist though. I see the first game of the season is against he Heat. Too bad they don't have ring ceremonies XD
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,503

Post#924 » by Klomp » Sun Dec 9, 2012 4:20 am

Shved now rated 71
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Dual
Veteran
And1: 1,494

Post#925 » by Dual » Sun Dec 9, 2012 12:24 pm

Klomp wrote:Shved now rated 71

and Gasol had 87 at the begining and now 81...
his speed is at 49 and his rebounding skills -20 or so.
Is nice that 2k keep ratings updated, Shved now can ball :D
moss_is_1
RealGM
And1: 1,992

Post#926 » by moss_is_1 » Sun Dec 9, 2012 12:28 pm

Halo 4 is AMAZING. that is all.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#927 » by Klomp » Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:46 pm

I might be the only person who does the Create a Legend mode, but whatever. I started mine with Shved, but had to start over 10 games in. With Shved's current position as a SG/PG, when he finally moves to the starting lineup he replaces Rubio (78) instead of Roy (80). I had to quit, edit Shved to have no secondary position, and start another one. I replaced Roy as a starter three games in.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

southern wolf
General Manager

Post#928 » by southern wolf » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:59 pm

I just broke the 3 pt record with Love. :lol:

Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#929 » by Calinks » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:44 pm

How do you guys shoot so well with Love?
southern wolf
General Manager

Post#930 » by southern wolf » Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:40 am

Calinks wrote:How do you guys shoot so well with Love?

I find it really easy to release right at the highest point of his shot, but I have a lot of trouble shooting threes with AK and George (traded for him) so I usually just stick with Love. I always shoot about 50% from three with Love and this game I made my first five or six and wanted to see how far I could take it.
Nitroglycerin
Starter
And1: 528

Post#931 » by Nitroglycerin » Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:16 pm

southern wolf wrote:
Calinks wrote:How do you guys shoot so well with Love?

I find it really easy to release right at the highest point of his shot, but I have a lot of trouble shooting threes with AK and George (traded for him) so I usually just stick with Love. I always shoot about 50% from three with Love and this game I made my first five or six and wanted to see how far I could take it.

probably because bigs that can shoot threes are very rare.
So bigs in 2K dont usually extend their defense beyond the three point line
which results to wide open shots for bigs that can shoot threes like Kevin Love thus high percentage of making the shot.
Trust the PRosas!
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#932 » by Calinks » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:37 pm

I am having what I consider a big issue with 2K. Love does not rebound well. In my last 6 games he's probably averaging around 7 boards. It's really starting to annoy me as I like to have my players getting their numbers. Is he rebounding for you guys?
southern wolf
General Manager

Post#933 » by southern wolf » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:51 pm

Calinks wrote:I am having what I consider a big issue with 2K. Love does not rebound well. In my last 6 games he's probably averaging around 7 boards. It's really starting to annoy me as I like to have my players getting their numbers. Is he rebounding for you guys?

He rebounds well only when I jack the rebounding sliders up. I've had this trouble with most big men in 2K, it does get annoying.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#934 » by Calinks » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:57 pm

Seems they still haven't found a way to make dominant rebounders work properly. IF you got 99's and the hustle ability your guy should be in the paint all the time boxing out for boards. It should be really noticeable that someone is a monster in that regard.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#935 » by Klomp » Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:17 am

Shved is pretty good though!

Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#936 » by Calinks » Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:58 am

Their half assed Shved upset me so much I never used him and created my own. Still fine tuning him.
AQuintus
RealGM
And1: 2,458

Post#937 » by AQuintus » Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:09 am

Calinks wrote:Seems they still haven't found a way to make dominant rebounders work properly. IF you got 99's and the hustle ability your guy should be in the paint all the time boxing out for boards. It should be really noticeable that someone is a monster in that regard.

I've been updating my roster recently using this: http://www.operationsports.com/forums/nba-2k-rosters/530243-comprehensive-simulations-stat-mechanics-guide-all-roster-makers-should-read.html as a guide, and this specifically for rebounds:

REBOUNDS

OffenseReboundRating = 6 * (OffReb% - 2) + 25

Scale:
99 14.3%
85 12.0%
70 9.5%
55 7.0%
40 4.5%
25 2.0%

Sample Ratings: (Official 2k Rating on the Right)
89 Howard 93
27 Nowitzki 60
33 James 44
34 Bryant 40
25 Paul 36

DefenseReboundRaging = 5 * (DefReb% - 4) / 2 + 25

Actual rebounding numbers will depend on minutes played and rebounding ability of teammates. The reason you see Love getting only 10 RPG in the official roster is Beasley and Darko being hugely overrated rebounders.

Scale:
99 34.0%
85 28.0%
70 22.0%
55 16.0%
40 10.0%
25 4.0%

Sample Ratings: (Official 2k Rating on the Right)
92 Howard 96
67 Nowitzki 86
62 James 70
50 Bryant 50
46 Paul 56

And based on that, the vast majority of players in this game are rated way too high in rebounds. So if you're willing to go in and adjust everyone's ratings individually, that will probably be the only way to fix the rebounding problem.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#938 » by Calinks » Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:27 am

LOL eff that. I might adjust the wolf players though. Problem with adjusting everybody is that it destroys simulation rebounding numbers too.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#939 » by Calinks » Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:34 am

Love has hit back to back game winning buzzer beaaters for me. XD
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#940 » by Calinks » Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:34 pm

Man.... they took out D-League. I can't send Lee down and develop him.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves