The Newest Video Game Thread

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,225

Re: The Newest Video Game Thread 

Post#1661 » by Calinks » Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:46 pm

Devilzsidewalk wrote:I'll say this for PS4 vs XB1 - for the Fallout 4 community, PS4 has been an absolute **** show. Consistently last in getting updates and DLC. Frame-rate issues exclusive to the PS4. Now XB1 has had mods for awhile now, while PS4 users are perpetually delayed with no ETA.

So I don't know what that's a symptom of as FO4 itself has been quite glitchy, but I'd research around other multi-platform games to see if there's a track-record of developers having a harder time working with the PS4.

Good point. As far as I know that's only an issue with Fallout, generally PC has the slightly better looking third party games but it does make you pause a bit.

I would just sum it up as this. If you are looking for a console, look the the exclusive games. If you have any interest in either consoles offering, go with that. If you don't care for them and only want to play games you can play on both, then its probably best to go with the majority and get the slightly more powerful PS4.

PS4 has games like: Uncharted, Ratchet and Clank, BAseball, God of War, and more

Xbox has games like: Halo, Forza, Gears of war, Crackdown

If you want to get a gaming PC, most of xbox's game will be available on windows 10.

Look up the exclusives for both consoles on youtube, see what appeals to you more and make your choice from that.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
YourBuddy
Bench Warmer
And1: 657

Post#1662 » by YourBuddy » Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:02 pm

Calinks wrote:
Devilzsidewalk wrote:I'll say this for PS4 vs XB1 - for the Fallout 4 community, PS4 has been an absolute **** show. Consistently last in getting updates and DLC. Frame-rate issues exclusive to the PS4. Now XB1 has had mods for awhile now, while PS4 users are perpetually delayed with no ETA.

So I don't know what that's a symptom of as FO4 itself has been quite glitchy, but I'd research around other multi-platform games to see if there's a track-record of developers having a harder time working with the PS4.

Good point. As far as I know that's only an issue with Fallout, generally PC has the slightly better looking third party games but it does make you pause a bit.

I would just sum it up as this. If you are looking for a console, look the the exclusive games. If you have any interest in either consoles offering, go with that. If you don't care for them and only want to play games you can play on both, then its probably best to go with the majority and get the slightly more powerful PS4.

PS4 has games like: Uncharted, Ratchet and Clank, BAseball, God of War, and more

If you want to get a gaming PC, most of xbox's game will be available on windows 10.

Look up the exclusives for both consoles on youtube, see what appeals to you more and make your choice from that.

Spiderman will also be exclusive as well
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#1663 » by Devilzsidewalk » Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:07 pm

Calinks wrote:

there's an xbox exclusive crackdown? I've made a terrible mistake...
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM

Post#1664 » by Devilzsidewalk » Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:09 pm

Devilzsidewalk wrote:
Calinks wrote:

there's an xbox exclusive crackdown? I've made a terrible mistake...

is it back to crackdown 1 style, or something weird? they kinda went off the rails with the zombies in crackdown 2. Saints Row and Crackdown: 2 of my favorite franchises that completely crapped the bed with an unneeded left turn.
King Malta
Starter
And1: 1,547

Post#1665 » by King Malta » Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:52 pm

Don't forget Last of Us, I know it was originally on PS3, but if you haven't played it, getting a PS4 is worth it for that alone, easily one of the best games I've ever played.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#1666 » by Calinks » Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:05 pm

Yea, sony is killing it with the AAA single player exclusive games right now. As I said do some research and go from there. I am sure that if you type in Plsation 4 exclusive or Xbox one exclusives into youtue someone will have a video put together showing them off.

Devilz, I am with you on Crackdown and Saints Row both went in bad directions. Saints Row 2 was one of my favorite games. The games were always goofy but after 2, they just went full goffball status and for me it lost a lot of what made the first two games great.

As for Crackdown 3, not a ton of info is out yet but it seems to be going back more to the old Crackdown route.

Early footage but apparently if you are connected to online, the entire city will be destructible.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ge3PQ2nQM4Q[/youtube]
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM

Post#1667 » by Devilzsidewalk » Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:37 am

King Malta wrote:Don't forget Last of Us, I know it was originally on PS3, but if you haven't played it, getting a PS4 is worth it for that alone, easily one of the best games I've ever played.

last of us and uncharted - 2 classics that people really love, but i just can't get into for some reason. My PS4 came w/ the Nathan Drake collection I think it's called and I think that's the first 3 games or something, and I was determined to go through it all, but I just got bored like 10% through the first game and haven't been back. Last of Us I never played, but it looks along the same lines as Uncharted - too many damn cutscenes. I was never a guy that had patience for dialog, I'm always skipping through asap trying to get back to the game.
King Malta
Starter
And1: 1,547

Post#1668 » by King Malta » Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:42 am

Devilzsidewalk wrote:
King Malta wrote:Don't forget Last of Us, I know it was originally on PS3, but if you haven't played it, getting a PS4 is worth it for that alone, easily one of the best games I've ever played.

last of us and uncharted - 2 classics that people really love, but i just can't get into for some reason. My PS4 came w/ the Nathan Drake collection I think it's called and I think that's the first 3 games or something, and I was determined to go through it all, but I just got bored like 10% through the first game and haven't been back. Last of Us I never played, but it looks along the same lines as Uncharted - too many damn cutscenes. I was never a guy that had patience for dialog, I'm always skipping through asap trying to get back to the game.

Haha I'm the opposite, I pretty much stick to Open World RPGs or heavily story driven games with a couple of sports games sprinkled in. Saying that though, I've never actually played any of the Nathan Drake games at all, they're on my list though.
cpfsf
General Manager
And1: 1,104
Location: sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell

Post#1669 » by cpfsf » Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:15 pm

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/best-pc-builds,4390.html#p3

i thought this was interesting for pc building newbies like myself. it lists a PC build based on what you're willing to pay. i was eyeballing the $500 build (doesn't include OS/monitor/peripherals). though i think i'd survive on a little less storage (i don't buy a lot of games).

i also suspect windows 7/8 pcs/laptops might be clearanced since they aren't upgraded to 10 yet. i haven't researched it yet though cuz i'm not in the market just yet.

sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#1670 » by Calinks » Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:18 am

For a while you can upgrade to windows 10 for free if you have 7 or 8. I suggest doing it cause nearly all the Xbox one games for the forseable future will be on Windows 10. Some really good games are coming out.
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 28,568

Post#1671 » by UcanUwill » Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:12 pm

I am yet to upgrade to Windows 10. When is the deadline tho? I get notifications everyday, but I just so comfortable with Windows 7.

Anyway, I still trying to beat X com 2 commander Ironman, yet to beat the game, but I just refuse to play and lower difficulty level. Had a very good campaign, put a lot of hours, I usually rage quit after a few missions and do it all over. This time everything went fantastic, my soldiers were OP as hell, and a fantastic roster, but avatar project got to me. Man this game is hard.

Speaking about hard games, has anyone beat Divinity Original sin on hard. I never finished it, I quit after I reached this part (video), but I am eager to try it again, I dont have a huge roster of games, and I just loved combat mechanics.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9j8ZgAeQjYM[/youtube]

I am also exited for Injustice 2. I am huge DC fan, f*** Zack Snyder by the way. Cant wait to beast people with Wonder woman :D
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#1672 » by Calinks » Wed Aug 3, 2016 9:46 pm

Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#1673 » by Calinks » Mon Aug 8, 2016 5:31 pm

Devilzsidewalk
RealGM

Post#1674 » by Devilzsidewalk » Mon Aug 8, 2016 6:03 pm

UcanUwill wrote:I am yet to upgrade to Windows 10. When is the deadline tho? I get notifications everyday, but I just so comfortable with Windows 7.

I had Windows 10 for literally less than 5 minutes - I was so horrified I immediately went back to 8 and turned off that update. I can't even remember what the problem was now. Probably something they made "easier" that just ended up getting in my way.
Mattya
RealGM
And1: 6,313

Post#1675 » by Mattya » Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:38 pm

KAT has an overall rating of 88 in 2K. Which is apparently the highest rating ever for a second year player?
theGreatRC
RealGM
And1: 4,882

Post#1676 » by theGreatRC » Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:08 am

Mattya wrote:KAT has an overall rating of 88 in 2K. Which is apparently the highest rating ever for a second year player?

Two recent players that came to mind was Davis & Lillard, so I checked out their ratings

Davis was an 80 in 2k13

Then he went down to 79 in 2k14. Guess it was because he was injured? Weird

Then he went up to an 88 in 2K15.

Lillard was 75 in 2k13

Bumped up to 84 in 2k14

Damn. Karl was 78 in 2k16, now an 88 in 2k17. What a beast
Dysfunctional Wolves fan
urinesane
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,882

Post#1677 » by urinesane » Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:50 pm

Devilzsidewalk wrote:
UcanUwill wrote:I am yet to upgrade to Windows 10. When is the deadline tho? I get notifications everyday, but I just so comfortable with Windows 7.

I had Windows 10 for literally less than 5 minutes - I was so horrified I immediately went back to 8 and turned off that update. I can't even remember what the problem was now. Probably something they made "easier" that just ended up getting in my way.

You went back to Windows 8?

That's like the computer version of Stockholm Syndrome.

Also, anyone playing Overwatch? I play it way too much.
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM

Post#1678 » by Devilzsidewalk » Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:48 pm

urinesane wrote:
Devilzsidewalk wrote:

You went back to Windows 8?

That's like the computer version of Stockholm Syndrome.

Yea, I don't remember why. All I use my laptop for is watching online streams, so other than adding videos and music and occasionally updating the code on a livestreamer plugin, I literally never change anything. But every version of Windows makes things "easier" and usually adds extra walls between me and the setting and navigation paths I'm used to, so I try to upgrade as little as possible. I remember Windows 8 was completely unusable for me until I put the classic shell on it.
Movics
Pro Prospect
And1: 667

Post#1679 » by Movics » Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:30 pm

5th overall, let's go!!!!! 8-)
all I ever needed was somebody with some reason who can keep me sane
Ever since I can remember, I've been keepin' it together, but I'm feelin' strange
Minnesota Power
Pro Prospect
And1: 207

Post#1680 » by Minnesota Power » Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:11 pm

Movics wrote:[instagram]BJvvyMXAjC4
5th overall, let's go!!!!! 8-)

Just came here to post this.

Looks like someone edited the Lakers and improved them :P
I want to move back to Minnesota, I miss it sooooo much! :cry:

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves