ImageImageImage

Wolves In The News

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Lucky Striker
Banned User
And1: 8

Re: Wolves In The News 

Post#321 » by Lucky Striker » Tue Oct 2, 2012 12:15 pm

I think its imperative to try to get a SG that can create his own shot. Jordan Crawford from the Wizards might be a great pick-up for cheap if Bradley Beal steps up.

Perhaps Shved will fill the role well, or of course Roy could be healthy. I'd be concerned with Adelman saying what he did though.
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

Post#322 » by C.lupus » Tue Oct 2, 2012 12:44 pm

lobishome wrote:
Lucky Striker wrote:AAdelman's comments on Roy were discussed already? I missed it.

Sorry, the discussion not was about Adelman's comments, only about the Roy's signing and his health. At the end, some people here was thinking the same of Adelman and Taylor, but most of the people said "Roy in wheelchair is better than Wes Johnson" or something like that. The fact is now we haven't Wes nor (probably) Roy, and we need a new SG. I've read Kahn was talking with Redd, even Bell.

That's a fact? News to me.
Yes We Kahn
Bench Warmer
And1: 18

Post#323 » by Yes We Kahn » Tue Oct 2, 2012 1:13 pm

Wes isn't a SG anyways.. even if you want to convince yourself he contributed positively to the team
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#324 » by C.lupus » Tue Oct 2, 2012 1:24 pm

Yes We Kahn wrote:Wes isn't a SG anyways.. even if you want to convince yourself he contributed positively to the team

Exactly. Luke Ridnour was the starting SG last year. Wes played SF.
lobishome
Analyst
And1: 632

Post#325 » by lobishome » Tue Oct 2, 2012 2:47 pm

C.lupus wrote:
lobishome wrote:
Lucky Striker wrote:AAdelman's comments on Roy were discussed already? I missed it.

Sorry, the discussion not was about Adelman's comments, only about the Roy's signing and his health. At the end, some people here was thinking the same of Adelman and Taylor, but most of the people said "Roy in wheelchair is better than Wes Johnson" or something like that. The fact is now we haven't Wes nor (probably) Roy, and we need a new SG. I've read Kahn was talking with Redd, even Bell.

That's a fact? News to me.

Roy was hired Jul 6, and Sep 30 Taylor says that he and Adelman still don't know if he can play. At the same time, rumours say wolves are talking with another Sgs.

WTH should I think? :dontknow:
theGreatRC
RealGM
And1: 4,882

Post#326 » by theGreatRC » Tue Oct 2, 2012 3:39 pm

lobishome wrote:
Roy was hired Jul 6, and Sep 30 Taylor says that he and Adelman still don't know if he can play. At the same time, rumours say wolves are talking with another Sgs.

You think too much

Direct quote from yesterday's media day:

On can Brandon Roy still play...
"Yeah. There's no doubt that he can. When a guy has an injury like that the whole thing is wondering
where his health is going to be. He really hasn't had any setbacks at all and he's been playing here since
September. I've been watching him play to see if he can still get a shot, to see if he can still score. That's
going to be huge. When you get the game on the line, I think it gives us more flexibility as far as going
against somebody else on the floor. He can handle it. To me, he says he feels great. Like I said, everyone
says he has had no setbacks at all. We're going to have to monitor him during camp, but I'm looking
forward to trying to fit him in to what we do.
He just knows how to play, he knows how to score. He
gets a shot off every time he wants, and he can still do that."

http://i.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/.elemen ... delman.pdf

Roy says he feels great and the people monitoring him says he hasn't had any setbacks. We'll see what news may come out during camp.
Dysfunctional Wolves fan
dunkonu21
Lead Assistant
And1: 40

Post#327 » by dunkonu21 » Wed Oct 3, 2012 6:24 am

It won't be hard to bring in another player if Roy goes down. We have tons of flexibility to make moves.

I think Shved is going to be a major piece here and is being underrated on this board regarding how many minutes he can play. If Roy went down short term we could easily cover his gap.

If Roy goes down long-term we're still in a better situation than last year. Ridnour was excellent on offense at SG and now with AK47 picking up his slack on D..we're fine. I think if Roy can stay healthy at least til Rubio comes back then we have nothing to worry about. If both Rubio and Roy are out for a very long time then I'll get worried.
Basti
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,678

Post#328 » by Basti » Wed Oct 3, 2012 11:43 am

dunkonu21 wrote:It won't be hard to bring in another player if Roy goes down. We have tons of flexibility to make moves.

I think Shved is going to be a major piece here and is being underrated on this board regarding how many minutes he can play. If Roy went down short term we could easily cover his gap.

If Roy goes down long-term we're still in a better situation than last year. Ridnour was excellent on offense at SG and now with AK47 picking up his slack on D..we're fine. I think if Roy can stay healthy at least til Rubio comes back then we have nothing to worry about. If both Rubio and Roy are out for a very long time then I'll get worried.

Bigger guards posting up on Luke and/or shooting over him will still happen, regardless of AK47 being able to provide better help-defense. So, I really hope we're not forced to play Luke against bigger starting guards again. Or only in stretches.

The comments on Roy's health are promising but I remain somewhat skeptical until we're at least 6 weeks into the season.
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#329 » by C.lupus » Wed Oct 3, 2012 1:01 pm

Budinger, Shved, and Lee can play SG if Roy can't. There really isn't any reason for Luke to be playing out of position this year.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,830

Post#330 » by Klomp » Wed Oct 3, 2012 1:08 pm

C.lupus wrote:Budinger, Shved, and Lee can play SG if Roy can't. There really isn't any reason for Luke to be playing out of position this year.

Except for when Adelman wants to play his patented two PG lineups
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
EddyCool
Rookie
And1: 16

Post#331 » by EddyCool » Wed Oct 3, 2012 2:21 pm

C.lupus wrote:Budinger, Shved, and Lee can play SG if Roy can't. There really isn't any reason for Luke to be playing out of position this year.

I think we'll still see it, even when Ricky is healthy (JJ, too). Luke can bring things that aren't available in all three of those guys, whether it's over Chase due to ball-handling or facing a backcourt with 2 quicker/smaller guards, or over Alexey/Malcolm because of experience and reliability/shooting (as a caution, I'm not counting on Shved to be consistent with any of the things we know he can until we see him for at least a few months).

If everyone is healthy (like that ever happens), it's probably something you only see circumstantially, but I don't think it will be that unusual to see him out at the same time as Ricky.
Nikola Pekovic wrote:I'd like to go back to the time they used swords. I think I'd be good with a sword.
lobishome
Analyst

Post#332 » by lobishome » Wed Oct 3, 2012 2:39 pm

theGreatRC wrote:
lobishome wrote:

You think too much

Direct quote from yesterday's media day:

On can Brandon Roy still play...
"Yeah. There's no doubt that he can. When a guy has an injury like that the whole thing is wondering
where his health is going to be. He really hasn't had any setbacks at all and he's been playing here since
September. I've been watching him play to see if he can still get a shot, to see if he can still score. That's
going to be huge. When you get the game on the line, I think it gives us more flexibility as far as going
against somebody else on the floor. He can handle it. To me, he says he feels great. Like I said, everyone
says he has had no setbacks at all. We're going to have to monitor him during camp, but I'm looking
forward to trying to fit him in to what we do.
He just knows how to play, he knows how to score. He
gets a shot off every time he wants, and he can still do that."

http://i.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/.elemen ... delman.pdf

Roy says he feels great and the people monitoring him says he hasn't had any setbacks. We'll see what news may come out during camp.

I'm tired of read a thing about Roy and the opposite thing the next day. I'm gonna wait until the first preseason game and emulate Saint Thomas :

dunkonu21 wrote:I think Shved is going to be a major piece here and is being underrated on this board regarding how many minutes he can play. If Roy went down short term we could easily cover his gap.

Shved is not Rubio and you can't find everyday a European player who can adapt quickly to the NBA. Better be patient or we gonna have a Rudy Fernandez 2.0.
Yes We Kahn
Bench Warmer

Post#333 » by Yes We Kahn » Wed Oct 3, 2012 11:52 pm

lobishome wrote:I'm tired of read a thing about Roy and the opposite thing the next day.

Where have you read anything that says he hasn't looked good so far?
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#334 » by Klomp » Wed Oct 3, 2012 11:57 pm

Yes We Kahn wrote:
lobishome wrote:I'm tired of read a thing about Roy and the opposite thing the next day.

I think hes talking about the Taylor interview
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

dunkonu21
Lead Assistant

Post#335 » by dunkonu21 » Thu Oct 4, 2012 4:20 am

I'm so sick of all the Roy coverage. He hasn't proved anything yet and as far as I'm concerned is still a Blazer til he scores 20 points, two games in a row.
dunkonu21
Lead Assistant

Post#336 » by dunkonu21 » Thu Oct 4, 2012 4:21 am

Adelman will play the best players as many minutes as he can which means we will be seeing Ridnour at the two just to supplement him and get him on the court. I'm totally fine with it too.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#337 » by Klomp » Thu Oct 4, 2012 4:33 am

dunkonu21 wrote:Adelman will play the best players as many minutes as he can which means we will be seeing Ridnour at the two just to supplement him and get him on the court. I'm totally fine with it too.

Ridnour is a PG until Rubio returns.

lobishome
Analyst

Post#338 » by lobishome » Thu Oct 4, 2012 7:43 am

Klomp wrote:
Yes We Kahn wrote:

You think well
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,517

Post#339 » by Worm Guts » Thu Oct 4, 2012 12:15 pm

I don't think anyone has said Roy looks like he can't play, there are just question marks. The same questions we knew about when we signed him. I don't think there has been any negative news since then.
Yes We Kahn
Bench Warmer

Post#340 » by Yes We Kahn » Thu Oct 4, 2012 1:05 pm

Klomp wrote:
Yes We Kahn wrote:

Basically all he was saying was that it is a risk. We already knew that.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves