Wolves In The News

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,221

Re: Wolves In The News 

Post#391 » by Calinks » Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:11 pm

Roy is on NBA TV right now being interviewed in a special with Ahmad Rashad.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,792

Post#392 » by Klomp » Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:45 pm

Alex Conover ‏@alex_cono

Coach Adelman, when asked if he will watch tonight's NBA games: "I don't know, it's Tuesday, NCIS is on." #twolves
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#393 » by Klomp » Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:55 pm

Calinks wrote:Roy is on NBA TV right now being interviewed in a special with Ahmad Rashad.

Not sure if this is the whole thing, but still good

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQwpy5l6c-Q[/youtube]
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#394 » by Klomp » Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:24 pm

Heres the link to Chad Hartman interviewing the St Paul AA "civil rights" guy in the news

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/cha ... d403228636

(First one, just press the play button)

urinesane
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,882

Post#395 » by urinesane » Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:18 pm

Klomp wrote:Heres the link to Chad Hartman interviewing the St Paul AA "civil rights" guy in the news

Wow, that guy is a moron.
cpfsf
General Manager
And1: 1,104
Location: sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell

Post#396 » by cpfsf » Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:33 pm

Klomp wrote:Heres the link to Chad Hartman interviewing the St Paul AA "civil rights" guy in the news

sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#397 » by Klomp » Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:36 pm

:lol: Just in case...

Esohny
RealGM
And1: 339

Post#398 » by Esohny » Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:50 pm

cpfsf wrote:

Yup. I don't need to listen to it to know how stupid it will be.
SMAC-K wrote:Mayo>>>>Love and that 5th pick
OJ Mayo is one of the best defenders in the league, hes a two way player and hes a great passer and playmaker.
urinesane
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,882

Post#399 » by urinesane » Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:23 am

Esohny wrote:
cpfsf wrote:

Yup. I don't need to listen to it to know how stupid it will be.

The guy actually argues that the team doesn't have talented players. He says AK has never been more than an average player and Love is an OK player. It's really stupid.
Saltine
Lead Assistant
And1: 911

Post#400 » by Saltine » Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:21 pm

http://www.nba.com/timberwolves/news/ke ... transcript

Kevin Love addressed the media for the first time since breaking his right hand during a morning workout routine earlier this preseason. Below is a full transcript of his interview with the media.

Tell us where your mind is at with the recovery?

My mind is obviously not happy having a broken hand, but it’s good to be back today after rehabbing and being with my family for a week. I’m looking forward to getting back on the court as soon as possible. We’ll know more next week on where my hand is at, and I plan on being back sooner rather than later. I’m excited to be back, keep up on my conditioning, and it’s going to be a time for others to step up so I’m excited to see that. And still be a leader, still be as vocal as possible and be with the guys whether we’re on the road, whether we’re at home or we’re in practice. In that regard I’m excited I’m still with the team 100 percent. It’s bittersweet, but you have to find a way to prevail from this.

Did you know right away?

Yeah, I mean it was pretty much a freak accident. This happened working down on the fifth floor of my apartment complex. It was just a weird thing, it just happened and I told my trainer Rob McClanahan something is wrong, and then I tried to do another weight bearing exercise on it and I just said we’ve got to go over to the Target Center right away. We talked to Gregg Farnam, he sent me over to the hospital and low and behold I broke two bones.

Are knuckle pushups a normal part of your workout?

[Not so much] knuckle pushups but ball pushups and kettle ball pushups have been. It’s weird how it happened, the same thing kind of same thing goes for my left hand in Chicago after I guess it was one of the first preseason games. I looked at my hand and saying something is wrong. It was very much the same with my right hand as well.

Have you done them regularly before?

Yeah, I do different series of pushups all the time. My hand just gave on me, and it just broke.

Can you understand how people might be skeptical?

Of course, I’ve heard everything. But this isn’t TMZ, this isn’t People Magazine. I think most people are just looking for a story. For me, I know what happened. I’m not trying to get around it, I’m not trying to lie. That’s just what happened.

Do you have a date in mind?

Just as soon as possible. I’d just like to get out there as soon as possible.

How disappointed were you when you found out 6-8 weeks?

It was very disappointing. Like I mentioned I’m going to stay in shape as best I can, and I’m going to continue being with the team and keep being a leader.

Did you suspect instantly it was broken?

Yeah I did, because I had broken my left hand as I mentioned. I saw the swelling that came about, because I broke it probably about 9:45-10:00 in the morning. I got over to Target Center around 10:30-10:45 or maybe an hour later and it was already very swollen so it was either extremely aggravated or broken. And when I got to the doctor and he started pressing on my hand, that’s when I figured it probably is broken.

How have you thought the team has responded without you and Ricky?

I think in years past we probably would be in trouble, but I think with Pek and Luke and JJ and Brandon and AK and Derrick and, I mean, Shved, all the different guys that we have on this team that we’re going to be OK. If we play good basketball and we continue the defense we’ve been playing throughout the preseason that we’re going to win some ballgames. And the sooner we get Ricky and myself back and get to a full roster, I think we’re going to have a major breakthrough and continue to play better.

Are you looking at the positives out of this? That the team has helped its depth?

Yeah, I definitely think so. I think guys stepping up and getting a chance to play significant minutes. For instance Derrick Williams and Chase Budinger have played extremely well in the preseason. And I think those guys getting a chance to come out and play, and Lou Amundson and [Dante Cunningham], I think those guys have really had a chance to break through and help us win games early on.

You and Larry Fitzgerald have become YouTube sensations. Can you tell us about that?

I came to Larry with the idea that we should do a video for breast cancer because a lady…who is kind of my LA mom when I go back to LA in the offseason, she was diagnosed with breast cancer in February and went through different stages. And obviously Larry’s mom nine years ago lost her life to breast cancer. So I called him up, and we had been in touch over the last few years, and I said we should do a video. He was all for it, and it all came about organically. This is where it’s at, and we’re happy with the product we put out and the money it’s raised for breast cancer awareness.

How big of a challenge will it be to get your shot back?

I was actually mentioning it today to coach. I don’t think, obviously it’s not like it was my second year in the league when I was able to shoot with my right hand. But I think the touch will come back pretty easily, and I think as long as I keep my weight down, keep in shape and keep my legs ready, if all that is intact and I stay mentally prepared it’s going to come back pretty easily. And the good thing about it is when my hand heels and I’m cleared to go, whether or not my touch is back the first day, I’m going to be out there and ready to go.

Are you working on your left hand?

A little bit. I haven’t really touched a basketball in the last week. But I’m looking forward to getting back into it and working on my left hand. Maybe in some ways it was a blessing in disguise.

Did you talk to your teammates about it?

Yeah, a lot of them texted me and the majority of the coaching staff texted me about the hand and how it was feeling throughout the week and when it happened. I’ve been keeping in touch with them and I addressed them in the locker room today, told them where I was, kept me up to date. They couldn’t empathize but they had sympathy for me and they just want me to get back and get with the team, so I’m here now.

When did you shave your head?

I got it two Saturdays ago when I shaved it the first time. Larry shaved it, and then I shaved it again this past Saturday. This will be it for me. This will be the last you’ll see it until next year or who knows?
Mattya
RealGM
And1: 6,313

Post#401 » by Mattya » Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:19 pm

LordBaldric
General Manager
And1: 1,970

Post#402 » by LordBaldric » Thu Nov 1, 2012 12:13 am

Kevin Love is in the new Uncle Drew video. :D
Basti
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,678

Post#403 » by Basti » Thu Nov 1, 2012 1:26 pm

It was. Quite interesting to (finally) read about the treatment, too.
Piecake
Assistant Coach
And1: 264

Post#404 » by Piecake » Tue Nov 6, 2012 6:25 pm

QUINCYJ
Ballboy
And1: 0

rj adelman wants Pietrus 

Post#405 » by QUINCYJ » Wed Nov 7, 2012 10:42 pm

Might be hyperbole from Pietrus' camp, but they think he'll have a team in 7-10 days. Doubtful #Twolves. RJ Adelman w/ some interest though.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#406 » by Klomp » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:55 am

C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

Post#407 » by C.lupus » Mon Dec 3, 2012 9:18 pm

Bumping this thread for this:

Timberwolves forward Kevin Love, slowed by a "weird bug" the past four days, said Monday, Dec. 3, that he is feeling better and will play in Tuesday night's game at Philadelphia.

However, forward Andrei Kirilenko, who missed his second consecutive day of practice with back spasms, is not expected to accompany the Wolves on their two-game road trip to Philadelphia and Boston.

Also, LOL at this picture. Reminds me of the car commercial with the guy's confidence showing.
[RCG]
Head Coach
And1: 135

Post#408 » by [RCG] » Mon Dec 3, 2012 9:52 pm

How long do back spasms take to recover from? Is this a recurring injury?
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#409 » by Klomp » Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:54 pm

“@Twolves_PR: #Twolves injury update: Lee not practicing (sore right knee ); Howard limited activity (illness); Roy went through non-contact practice.”

“@BloodStrib: Howard (ill) will travel but is questionable.”

cpfsf
General Manager
And1: 1,104
Location: sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell

Post#410 » by cpfsf » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:17 pm

Klomp wrote:
“@Twolves_PR: #Twolves injury update: Lee not practicing (sore right knee ); Howard limited activity (illness); Roy went through non-contact practice.”

“@BloodStrib: Howard (ill) will travel but is questionable.”

so the injury bug is now just attacking the role players?

sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves