Official OT Thread pt. II

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

Re: The Rant, Vent, Cry, Whine, Let-It-Out Thread 

Post#41 » by C.lupus » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:54 pm

Ah forgot about Opera. I had issues with Opera a while back. I've since switched to Chrome and it works fine.
Tha Juice
Sixth Man
And1: 13

Post#42 » by Tha Juice » Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:14 am

basti wrote:Turns out I finally managed to log in. For some reason iTunes doesn't work well with the Opera browser and at some point iTunes automatically opens a tab in your browser. So I switched to Firefox (god I hate that browser now after upgrading to Opera). Also my girlfriend told me she had similar issues so she gave me some instructions on how to log in. I bought the two songs but I've yet to download them as I have no credit card. There's another option that you can use (similar to paypal) but it takes about two days until my account is verified.

So is it legal now to download stuff from Napster?

Edit: thanks for helping me out.

:lol: I run Opera too. That explains why we couldn't get the blasted thing to work.

Yeah, its legal. It will only let you download a song if you have money or credit on your account. The only reason I was using Napster was because the store was out of iTunes prepaid cards and I wasn't about to run to another store so I just went with the Napster one. Had every song I was looking for but iTunes is far easier to use.

@C.lup- The only problems I have with Opera is when I restart my computer and try to open up the browser again it will say something like I have one already opened or already in use. Also, It wont let me sign in my YouTube account for some reason but I think thats a Google/YouTube problem. I tried switching over to Chrome for a few days but I can't stand not having the Speed Dial.
Basti
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,678

Post#43 » by Basti » Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:25 am

Tha Juice wrote:
basti wrote:Turns out I finally managed to log in. For some reason iTunes doesn't work well with the Opera browser and at some point iTunes automatically opens a tab in your browser. So I switched to Firefox (god I hate that browser now after upgrading to Opera). Also my girlfriend told me she had similar issues so she gave me some instructions on how to log in. I bought the two songs but I've yet to download them as I have no credit card. There's another option that you can use (similar to paypal) but it takes about two days until my account is verified.

So is it legal now to download stuff from Napster?

Edit: thanks for helping me out.

:lol: I run Opera too. That explains why we couldn't get the blasted thing to work.

Yeah, its legal. It will only let you download a song if you have money or credit on your account. The only reason I was using Napster was because the store was out of iTunes prepaid cards and I wasn't about to run to another store so I just went with the Napster one. Had every song I was looking for but iTunes is far easier to use.

@C.lup- The only problems I have with Opera is when I restart my computer and try to open up the browser again it will say something like I have one already opened or already in use. Also, It wont let me sign in my YouTube account for some reason but I think thats a Google/YouTube problem. I tried switching over to Chrome for a few days but I can't stand not having the Speed Dial.

Is it possible to buy off Napster without a credit card? If so it'll probably the place where I'm going to download the songs from. Even if I already bought them at the iTunes store. I mean, it's only 1 dollar each so at maximum I spend 4 dollars and I'm sure my friends will like it if they can sell as many songs as possible.

How'd you like the song btw? On behalf of my friends I say thank you for buying it.

About Opera I can say it's the best browser that I've used. I've never really had any problems with it. Sometimes I get the same message as you get but I just press "Ok" and it'll open instantly.
Tha Juice
Sixth Man
And1: 13

Post#44 » by Tha Juice » Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:14 am

basti wrote:Is it possible to buy off Napster without a credit card? If so it'll probably the place where I'm going to download the songs from. Even if I already bought them at the iTunes store. I mean, it's only 1 dollar each so at maximum I spend 4 dollars and I'm sure my friends will like it if they can sell as many songs as possible.

How'd you like the song btw? On behalf of my friends I say thank you for buying it.

About Opera I can say it's the best browser that I've used. I've never really had any problems with it. Sometimes I get the same message as you get but I just press "Ok" and it'll open instantly.

Yeah, you don't need a credit card but you would need to go buy the prepaid card and your local electronics store or they sometimes sell them in the grocery store here in America. Just scratch off the little thing on the back that will give you a code to enter on your Napster account and you should be golden. Once you run out of credits you can just get another card and refill your account. This is what mine looked like:

I really like the song. The music video is also very well done. The "More of Less" song is really good too. I'll have to buy it once I get another card.
Basti
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#45 » by Basti » Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:48 am

Awesome. That's great to read. Their album will be released in one month, FYI. ;)
Basti
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#46 » by Basti » Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:26 am

Great. I just got a malware alert. This is first time that I've gotten one in all my years browsing the Internet. YAY!
Piecake
Assistant Coach
And1: 264

Post#47 » by Piecake » Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:17 am

basti wrote:Great. I just got a malware alert. This is first time that I've gotten one in all my years browsing the Internet. YAY!

pervert
Breakdown777
Veteran
And1: 47

Post#48 » by Breakdown777 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:35 am

I hate that itunes likes to get it's tracklisting/song info from some crappy database that is akin to wikipedia...anyone can edit stuff. Everytime I need to update or re-transfer my music, i have about 50+ songs that get all inncorrect. how hard is it to NOT mess with song titles, or start your own dam database that communicates with labels and bands in order to keep things accurate. I'm pretty sure artists don't appreciate iTunes messing with their song titles...I sure as hell don't.

That's Mac though (and Microsoft for that matter). They don't have a monopolies exactly, but they know people will continue to buy their crap just because they are "cutting edge", and they are perfectly fine with putting out crappy/faulty/glitchy crap just to make a buck. XBOX's shouldn't have a 20% of getting a death-light within the first 18 months...but they do. FIX UR CRAP. stupid corp. society.

I don't understand why people are so forgiving of technology. Sure the FIRST MODEL should have some bugs/glitches, but WTF...don't send me constant updates/upgrades that do essentially nothing but bog down my old machines....guess I should upgrade the old machines and computers as well....you'd like that wouldn't you technology?

How hard is it to build stuff that works? Just make it simple, for pete sake. And we all know they could easily make stuff work by testing it more, but that costs money. I'm pretty sure space shuttles don't get a green-light if they have a 20% chance of being crap.....why should my mp3 players and gaming consoles be any different?

Twitter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sure it's cool when used correctly, but I'm willing to bet less than 1% of Twitter/Tweets are actually beneficial for anything more than keeping celebrity/entertainment ogling new generation drones occupied....

Ke$ha!!!!!!!! ARG :banghead:

Yeah........I think I'm in love with this thread. :D
"Llevaré mi talento a Minnesota".
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

Post#49 » by C.lupus » Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:10 pm

^ this guy knows how to rant.
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#50 » by Devilzsidewalk » Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:52 pm

I feel like the General OT thread got short changed in all of this. What if people start making alliances and it becomes an east coast / west coast type thing
Esohny
RealGM
And1: 339

Post#51 » by Esohny » Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:37 pm

Devilzsidewalk wrote:I feel like the General OT thread got short changed in all of this. What if people start making alliances and it becomes an east coast / west coast type thing

Then we'd have something interesting to follow, unlike the remainder of our season.
SMAC-K wrote:Mayo>>>>Love and that 5th pick
OJ Mayo is one of the best defenders in the league, hes a two way player and hes a great passer and playmaker.
Basti
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#52 » by Basti » Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:48 pm

Devilzsidewalk wrote:I feel like the General OT thread got short changed in all of this. What if people start making alliances and it becomes an east coast / west coast type thing

Even though I was born in East Germany I'll represent the West here. I call dibs on that.
Basti
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#53 » by Basti » Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:50 pm

Tha Juice wrote:
basti wrote:Is it possible to buy off Napster without a credit card? If so it'll probably the place where I'm going to download the songs from. Even if I already bought them at the iTunes store. I mean, it's only 1 dollar each so at maximum I spend 4 dollars and I'm sure my friends will like it if they can sell as many songs as possible.

Yeah, you don't need a credit card but you would need to go buy the prepaid card and your local electronics store or they sometimes sell them in the grocery store here in America. Just scratch off the little thing on the back that will give you a code to enter on your Napster account and you should be golden. Once you run out of credits you can just get another card and refill your account. This is what mine looked like:

I really like the song. The music video is also very well done. The "More of Less" song is really good too. I'll have to buy it once I get another card.

Btw. turns out I actually could have avoided all the stuff with iCrap if I had just checked amazon. :oops:
The J Rocka
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,730

Post#54 » by The J Rocka » Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:29 am

****in stupid NBA Fan Voting bull****. Griffin hype makes me sick. Great show, poor ending. Car dunk was one of the worst dunks in history.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,916

Post#55 » by Klomp » Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:55 am

J_Era_3 wrote:Car dunk was one of the worst dunks in history.

Right up there with Superman's non-dunk
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#56 » by Devilzsidewalk » Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:44 pm

car dunk gets cred from me because he didnt need 98 tries to hammer it home. I dont care how awesome the idea is, when you dont get it on the first, or maybe 2nd try, I'm no longer interested. I'd rather watch good dunks on the first try than great dunks on the 9th try.
Esohny
RealGM
And1: 339

Post#57 » by Esohny » Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:06 pm

Devilzsidewalk wrote:car dunk gets cred from me because he didnt need 98 tries to hammer it home. I dont care how awesome the idea is, when you dont get it on the first, or maybe 2nd try, I'm no longer interested. I'd rather watch good dunks on the first try than great dunks on the 9th try.

SMAC-K wrote:Mayo>>>>Love and that 5th pick
OJ Mayo is one of the best defenders in the league, hes a two way player and hes a great passer and playmaker.
younggunsmn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,383

Post#58 » by younggunsmn » Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:51 pm

Breakdown777 wrote:How hard is it to build stuff that works? Just make it simple, for pete sake. And we all know they could easily make stuff work by testing it more, but that costs money. I'm pretty sure space shuttles don't get a green-light if they have a 20% chance of being crap.....why should my mp3 players and gaming consoles be any different?

Twitter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sure it's cool when used correctly, but I'm willing to bet less than 1% of Twitter/Tweets are actually beneficial for anything more than keeping celebrity/entertainment ogling new generation drones occupied....

Ke$ha!!!!!!!! ARG :banghead:

Yeah........I think I'm in love with this thread. :D

:lol:

I love the irony of using technology to rant about technology. So I'll have a go at it....

Microsoft can keep pumping out crappy xbox's because people still buy them even though the word is out they have a 20% + failure rate. Would you buy a car or install a furnace with a 20% failure rate in the first 18 months? They can do this because their product is aimed at teenagers who haven't developed the consumer savvy to comparison shop. When my wife and I decided we we going to get a videogame console (for resident evil 5) we went online and did the due diligence and found out that PS3's were built like tanks and xbox's are put together like Greg Oden's knees. So we got a PS3 and haven't had a problem with it. But then we're not teenagers (I did my "comparision shopping" on her before I married her too and that's working out ok). I know people who are on their 4th or 5th XBOX. As long as they keep replacing them for free they aren't legally doing anything wrong, but you would think with all the money they are bleeding they would fix the problem on their own. I think a big part of the problem is that they were so hell-bent on making the 360 cheaper than the PS3. Sony understood how much a quality console was supposed to cost and that putting a better product out would trump the price difference in the long run.

The crappy thing is they suck people in by making games console exclusive and make people buy a particular console to play a particular game. Or when a company negotiates exclusive liscensing rights for a game. That sucks. Like when the NFL went exclusive to EA (Madden) and MLB went exclusive and killed the MVP baseball franchise (although MLB The Show is pretty awesome).

I-Tunes.... Ugh I hate Apple. They are the original hardcore monopoly. I still remember the old Apple-II's that booted up with a floppy from when I was little. Apple was a start-to-finish monopoly (and still is). Hardware and Software. While microsoft isn't as open-sourced and easy to write programs for as something like linux, it at least lets you customize your own hardware and build your own machine instead of bundling it together and charging twice as much. I know a lot of people prefer macs, but a lot of that is because of software exclusive to Apple. If their OS market shares were switched around people would be complaining a lot more about Apple being a big bad monopoly than microsoft.

I-tunes is another example of monopoly. Apple is nothing but a middleman, and they have sold a ton of hardware to make them tons of money being just a middleman. All becaue "I-pod" is a catchy brand. It's a smart business strategy.
My MP3 player works the same, it just takes a tiny bit more savvy to rip my cd's or transer my downloads onto it. And I don't have to worry about any DRM BS.

Steve Jobs decided to dry-hump the dead corpse of the music industry by declaring a song only should cost 99 cents. So no more buying a 12-15 $ album for 3 or 4 songs. Any thief can google and steal any song they want in about in about 15 mins with no problem anyway. It's just music coming full circle. Technology originally allowed artists to sell recorded music to people, first through records or royalties from radio play. Better technology allowed people to easily make their own copy. Artists originally had to earn a living by playing live. They had to be good enough every night to keep getting paid. And music has returned to that.

Digital music has killed sound quality because mastering engineers compress everything to make it as loud as possible, and then MP3's compress that even further. It causes all the instruments to run together and sound at too close to the same volume, killing any nuance in the original recording. What's the point of mixing a record if the mastering is going to crush the mix anyway? And don't even get me started on auto-tune..... ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Even auto-tune couldn't save fergie from mangling sweet child o mine at the super bowl. None of the my favorite bands from my teenage years could have existed in the auto-tune and american idol era.

Maybe genetics one day will allow us to clone our own favorite basketball player, making pro sports obsolete. We could even splice Fred Hoiberg's brain and KG's Heart into Darko's body and have our ultimate center.
Foye
Club Captain- German Soccer
And1: 3,457

Post#59 » by Foye » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:18 pm

eyeteeth wrote:Image

GopherIt!
RealGM
And1: 24,140

Post#60 » by GopherIt! » Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:10 am

Aniston is waaaay overrated.

Fergie's Superbowl "performance" was this-is-so-embarrassingly-bad-I-have-to-get-up-and-leave-the-room cringe worthy.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves