Official OT Thread pt. II

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

The Rant, Vent, Cry, Whine, Let-It-Out Thread 

Post#1 » by C.lupus » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:07 pm

Alright. Here it is, the only thread with special therapeutic properties to absorb all your negative emotions. So let it out. Rant. Vent. Wallow in self pity. Whatever makes you feel better. Nobody will judge you (except Basti, who might rant on your rant). Just keep the language clean.
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Re: The Rant, Vent, Cry, Whine, Let-It-Out Thread 

Post#2 » by C.lupus » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:09 pm

I'll start us off. The Allstar game always used to be right around the half-way point of the season. We are at 56 games now. WTF? *** schedule!! that's just not right.
Basti
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,678

Post#3 » by Basti » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:09 pm

This deserves a sticky???????? :nonono:

hehehehehe
Basti
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,678

Post#4 » by Basti » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:11 pm

C.lupus wrote:I'll start us off. The Allstar game always used to be right around the half-way point of the season. We are at 56 games now. WTF? *** schedule!! that's just not right.

They always say it's around the half-way point of the season but ever since I started reading/hearing that phrase I thought that technically it's not true. Basically every team has played 50 games at that point of the season.
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#5 » by C.lupus » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:14 pm

Maybe it's my mind playing tricks on me but it seems like it used to be around game 45. It's always been this weekend (I know because it's my birthday weekend) but there seem to be more games crammed in this year.
fmi-agent
Ballboy
And1: 2

Post#6 » by fmi-agent » Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:58 pm

The graph for the Timberwolves in this Wages of Wins blog post is really depressing. It says that Kevin Love provides league-leading value, but ALL of his teammates offset that with zero or negative value. Say what you want about statheads (I suspect they undervalue guard play myself), but there's at least a grain of truth.

http://dberri.wordpress.com/2011/02/12/ ... ng-pareto/

WHINE WHINE WHINE
Not really an agent. Not really affiliated with any organization named FMI.
fmi-agent
Ballboy
And1: 2

Post#7 » by fmi-agent » Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:00 pm

(All except for Ridnour, they like Ridnour)
Not really an agent. Not really affiliated with any organization named FMI.
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#8 » by C.lupus » Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:05 pm

Wow. I hadn't seen that. That's, umm, impressive.?.
TMo519
Bench Warmer
And1: 25

Post#9 » by TMo519 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:41 pm

fmi-agent wrote:The graph for the Timberwolves in this Wages of Wins blog post is really depressing. It says that Kevin Love provides league-leading value, but ALL of his teammates offset that with zero or negative value. Say what you want about statheads (I suspect they undervalue guard play myself), but there's at least a grain of truth.

WHINE WHINE WHINE

That is amazingly sad.
funkatron101
General Manager
And1: 960

Post#10 » by funkatron101 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:00 pm

They have lost me as a season ticket holder. I can sum it all up with one simple sentence.

"I'm not having fun."
Lattimer wrote:Cracks me up that people still think that Wiggins will be involved in the trade for Love. Wolves are out of their mind if they think they are getting Wiggins for Love.
Vindicater
General Manager
And1: 423

Post#11 » by Vindicater » Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:01 pm

Three things I am certain of

1).The Timberwolves will not improve as a basketball club untill Kurt Rambis is gone.

2). Rubio will come next season but will take at least a season to get used to the pace/strength of the athletes here. People on this forum will call for his head around the ASG.

3). We will be giving the Clippers a pick around the 3-6 range in next seasons draft :(
"That's why the last two years weren't guaranteed," Walsh said. "Either way, he knew it could have happened either way."
eyeteeth
Starter
And1: 147

Post#12 » by eyeteeth » Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:26 pm

fmi-agent wrote:The graph for the Timberwolves in this Wages of Wins blog post is really depressing. It says that Kevin Love provides league-leading value, but ALL of his teammates offset that with zero or negative value. Say what you want about statheads (I suspect they undervalue guard play myself), but there's at least a grain of truth.

WHINE WHINE WHINE

Junior
And1: 112

Post#13 » by ... » Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:40 pm

I accidentally stubbed (and broke) my second to smallest toe. F CHAIRS!

There. That felt good. Thanks for starting this thread.
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#14 » by Devilzsidewalk » Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:40 pm

I don't think these guys know they can't have it all yet. They want to win, but they don't fully understand how they have to go beyond what their competition is doing to achieve that. That's a lot to ask of, but that's how it is. Go to practice, lift weights, play a game, then go drink, repeat - that's not going to accelerate the learning process. The team is young - they'll need time - but they have the power to make that happen. I don't think they understand that if they want to be a good team, they need to go make it happen as a team. If they want to be the best team then they need to set the standard for team preparation. You can't copy or imitate being the best, you create that yourselves by breaking that ground. Maybe they'd rather **** hot girls (or guys?) and get their drink on...that's fine, but accept that and don't complain about losses. No more interviews about how outraged you are after a loss. No blaming everybody else, it's on you so decide what you want to do.

Do or do not. There is no try. ~Yoda. Greatest Jedi Master in history
CoffeeJanitor
Rookie
And1: 1

Post#15 » by CoffeeJanitor » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:06 am

Kahn is done rebuilding apparently.

Disgusting.
*Kebo 4 MVP*
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#16 » by C.lupus » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:22 am

Great, I can see the trolls lining up outside the door already. Thanks a bunch Kahn!
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#17 » by Devilzsidewalk » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:56 am

if Rubio comes over and he's as good a fit as I think he could be, I like the longterm prospect of Rubio/Wes/Beasley/Love, but I'm still skeptical about Darko or Pekovic.

I think we need to take a flier and free up assets so we can pony up for a center in free agency - maybe thats Perkins or Chandler or Oden or M Gasol, or maybe even Dalembert or Turiaf, but Darko/Pekovic isn't going to get it done.
sofakingbad
Freshman
And1: 1

Post#18 » by sofakingbad » Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:37 am

I would rather be a Sonic's fan at this point in the year.
eyeteeth
Starter
And1: 147

Post#19 » by eyeteeth » Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:43 am

Devilzsidewalk wrote:if Rubio comes over and he's as good a fit as I think he could be, I like the longterm prospect of Rubio/Wes/Beasley/Love, but I'm still skeptical about Darko or Pekovic.

I think we need to take a flier and free up assets so we can pony up for a center in free agency - maybe thats Perkins or Chandler or Oden or M Gasol, or maybe even Dalembert or Turiaf, but Darko/Pekovic isn't going to get it done.

I would be willing to trade Wes but his value has got to be low right now. The fact that even Rubio is going down the toilet in Europe has me thinking we should contact a witch doctor or something.

Darko and Pek are both second team centers. Getting a real center out of somebody else's trade would be huge. I really don't see any good players coming here in free agency, especially this summer.
moss_is_1
RealGM
And1: 2,007

Post#20 » by moss_is_1 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:47 am

Devilzsidewalk wrote:if Rubio comes over and he's as good a fit as I think he could be, I like the longterm prospect of Rubio/Wes/Beasley/Love, but I'm still skeptical about Darko or Pekovic.

Oden would be a great risk for us to take. He's so good when he's healthy, all he needs to work on really is his fouling.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves