Official OT Thread pt. II

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Basti
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,678

Re: Official OT Thread pt. II 

Post#1301 » by Basti » Fri Jan 4, 2013 1:02 am

Varejao17 wrote:I need help from someone who dominates the english language, I wrote an e-mail in portuguese and I translated it at google-translate but i need someone to correct it, it's not big... My was was at hotel in miami and they didn't sent the paper they send to the customer, the paper that proofs that the customer paid for all their services... I know my english is bad but could someone help me?

I'm not a native speaker but I can at least have a look at it. So unless you find someone else (with English as his/her mother tongue) feel free to hit me up with a PM.
Varejao17
Rookie
And1: 165

Post#1302 » by Varejao17 » Fri Jan 4, 2013 1:19 am

Basti wrote:I'm not a native speaker but I can at least have a look at it. So unless you find someone else (with English as his/her mother tongue) feel free to hit me up with a PM.

Thank you very much sir, already sent you a PM... :)
props to C.lupus
Basti
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1303 » by Basti » Fri Jan 4, 2013 1:24 am

And I just replied to you.
cpfsf
General Manager
And1: 1,104
Location: sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell

Post#1304 » by cpfsf » Fri Jan 4, 2013 2:15 am

Basti wrote:Your laptop is going crazy if it gets those kinda stripes on the screen for no apparent reason at all. My old one just had one vertical yellow stripe roughly in the middle of the screen and it just popped up one fine day. I kinda got used to it after a few days, though. Not sure for how long I still used that laptop but it must have been at least 18 months until it finally gave up. Or I gave up because technically it's still working but I'd lose many braincells and my blood pressure would rise every time I'd use it.

there's definitely a reason. i hit it in frustration once, dropped it, dropped it again, and my dog ran over it while playing fetch (i still don't know where my "7" key is). the good news is i found an old monitor that works perfectly. it beats buying a new laptop.

i'm impressed you managed to live that long with a problem like that. i mean that's pretty hard to miss a line in the center of the screen. hell, i get frustrated when i lose my internet connection for a minute.

sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell
Basti
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1305 » by Basti » Fri Jan 4, 2013 4:31 am

Oh, not having Internet connection for a minute pisses me off just as much as it does to you but after a few days I got used to it. It wasn't really wide either. It was just there and I managed to ignore it mainly.
Varejao17
Rookie
And1: 165

Post#1306 » by Varejao17 » Fri Jan 4, 2013 11:05 pm

i restored my iphone without backup and now i want to know if there`s any way to get my photos back? :/
props to C.lupus
southern wolf
General Manager
And1: 2,163

Post#1307 » by southern wolf » Sat Jan 5, 2013 1:42 am

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1223983&p=34197023#p34197023

LOL. Maybe we could finally beat a team like Memphis with our old neighbours in Milwaukee helping us out.
MrTwister
Sixth Man
And1: 1,081

Post#1308 » by MrTwister » Mon Jan 7, 2013 10:45 pm

I am not quite sure how and where i can introduce myself,but i guess i'll start it this way and on this thread.I hope my english is good enough for you to understand what i am talking about and this wall-of-text won't make your eyes bleed.

My name is Eddie and i live and work in Montenegro(used to play basketball 194cm tall,but abandoned it from 2 reasons:not being good enough to start and i got my shoulder dislocated from nasty fall on one stupid dunk attempt).I've been following NBA for quite some time, but more often since Pek joined Timberwolves.At first i started following team shyly. but after few games i saw, seeing Pek playing poorly and being foul machine and not getting minutes kinda drove me off watching other games.After his breakthrough season last year and my mancrush i had in Rubio (Euroleague huge Barca fan) were 2 reasons that made me watch every single Wolves game including this year preseason games,which made me like Wolves and their players(Keep in mind those games start usually @ 1-3 am GMT+1 time zone).

As u can see from my nick, the other reason i've been lurking on these forums is the other Nikola, Nikola Vucevic from Orlando Magic,which had monster game vs last year champions Miami Heat.I've been surprised how much praise he got for that game despite playing vs average rebounding team like Miami and it was nice too see that his effort is appreciated.I am not quite familiar with bandwagon fan term but i know its a bad thing, so i would like to get clearer explanation about that term,I see myself as casual fan which likes to watch NBA.

Anyway this Timberwolves team remind me a lot on our NT,probably top 3 frontcourt in Europe(Pekovic,Vucevic,Dubljevic(our KLove though only 20 y old), few veterans which can bring some hustle and easy buckets and ballhog and good defensive SF with DMC mentality and talent.Our backcourt is horrible and those players are either average or they are just streaky.There is some talent and athletic ability but its mostly wasted.Even with those flaws and w/o both Nikola's our team managed to qualify on Eurobasket 2013 undefeated in group with Israel and Serbia which got manhandled by our defense and outplayed generally speaking.Which was big success for country with population of 650k.

Since this is first time for me to register on foreign forums,i am not familiar with some sub-forum rules so if there is something i am missing and i have to know, i am open for any feedback and suggestion,because i want to be able to share my impressions about this team on game threads and become part of this community.
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

Post#1309 » by C.lupus » Tue Jan 8, 2013 12:29 am

Welcome Eddie!
shrink
RealGM
And1: 13,960

Post#1310 » by shrink » Tue Jan 8, 2013 12:21 pm

This made me chuckle.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCNUZnFcycQ&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
cpfsf
General Manager

Post#1311 » by cpfsf » Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:38 pm

i forgot my email password for the fantasy league. just my luck i forgot it before granger and wall were set to return :lol:

sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell
southern wolf
General Manager
And1: 2,163

Post#1312 » by southern wolf » Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:43 pm

Tr3
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#1313 » by Tr3 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:13 am

Vuc N Pek wrote:I am not quite sure how and where i can introduce myself,but i guess i'll start it this way and on this thread.I hope my english is good enough for you to understand what i am talking about and this wall-of-text won't make your eyes bleed.

Since this is first time for me to register on foreign forums,i am not familiar with some sub-forum rules so if there is something i am missing and i have to know, i am open for any feedback and suggestion,because i want to be able to share my impressions about this team on game threads and become part of this community.

My name is Luca and i live and work in Italy.I apologize for my bad english but this is first time for me to register on foreign forums and i have the same problems mentioned by Eddie.I hope to become part of this community!
go wolves
Basti
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1314 » by Basti » Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:40 am

Welcome to the growing club of European Wolves fans :nod:

Not too long until we're the majority 8-)
GopherIt!
RealGM
And1: 24,122

Post#1315 » by GopherIt! » Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:24 am

Welcome Eddie and Luca!

Please be advised that our moderator Basti, as a German, is deeply infatuated with the actor David Hasselhoff. Any images of Mr. Hasselhoff a/k/a/ "the Hoff" presented on this message board do not necessarily reflect the values and/or opinions of other Wolves fans/posters on this forum.

Thank you,

MGMT
The J Rocka
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,730

Post#1316 » by The J Rocka » Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:10 am

Anybody else here with season tix go to the town hall event they held with Porter & Dunn?

Was pretty decent, got most of the autographs from the team besides the Russians & Love. Was pretty cool to see Pek standing up close in person. Definitely a guy you don't **** with.
zubinho
Freshman
And1: 35

Post#1317 » by zubinho » Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:40 pm

Basti wrote:Welcome to the growing club of European Wolves fans :nod:

Not too long until we're the majority 8-)

Here's another fan from Croatia!
Cheers to my neighbor Vuc N Pek and all of you!
cpfsf
General Manager

Post#1318 » by cpfsf » Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:45 am

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/falcons-fan-stabbed-throat-49ers-fan-loss-005424158--nfl.html

TL:DR -
Just in case you live in Europe, the San Francisco 49ers defeated the Atlanta Falcons. Witnesses claim that a Falcons fan punched a 49ers fan. The same 49ers fan than stabbed the Falcons fan.

Now I don't know the whole story, but why do people get so butt hurt over sports teams? It's not like the Twins performance is a reflection of my own abilities.

Jukeness
Analyst
And1: 326

Post#1319 » by Jukeness » Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:50 am

Because it's different with football, people are way more passionate about that sport, I am. I get pissed off when people say dumb **** about them in school.
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

Post#1320 » by C.lupus » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:33 am

Atlanta football fans have a history of starting **** after games then getting stabbed.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves