ImageImageImage

Official OT Thread pt. II

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Yes We Kahn
Bench Warmer
And1: 18

Re: The Rant, Vent, Cry, Whine, Let-It-Out Thread 

Post#61 » by Yes We Kahn » Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:37 am

GopherIt! wrote:Fergie's Superbowl "performance" was this-is-so-embarrassingly-bad-I-have-to-get-up-and-leave-the-room cringe worthy.

Her "singing" was bad, but the worst part was her grinding on Slash.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,852

Post#62 » by Klomp » Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:32 am

Why do these trades always happen at night??? Now I won't sleep at all.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
eyeteeth
Starter
And1: 147

Post#63 » by eyeteeth » Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:23 pm

NBA business hours are a curious thing indeed. :lol:
moss_is_1
RealGM
And1: 2,013

Post#64 » by moss_is_1 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:59 am

I'm tired of Darko's dumb passes and soft layup attempts. Somebody needs to punch him in the **** face before every game.
The J Rocka
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,730

Post#65 » by The J Rocka » Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:11 am

moss_is_1 wrote:I'm tired of Darko's dumb passes and soft layup attempts. Somebody needs to punch him in the **** face before every game.

I hear you. I like Darko but at times it just doesn't seem to click for him & it gets frustrating. Not sure what it is exactly.
Esohny
RealGM
And1: 339

Post#66 » by Esohny » Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:08 pm

Why aren't people more excited about Magic Randolph?! Come on, he's like KG and Amare crossed with Captain Marvel.

That's right.

SHAZZAM!!!
SMAC-K wrote:Mayo>>>>Love and that 5th pick
OJ Mayo is one of the best defenders in the league, hes a two way player and hes a great passer and playmaker.
Grits n Gravy
General Manager
And1: 1,800

Post#67 » by Grits n Gravy » Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:38 am

**** this team
moss_is_1
RealGM
And1: 2,013

Post#68 » by moss_is_1 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:53 am

kiwi_adam wrote:**** this team

*thumbs up*
Breakdown777
Veteran
And1: 47

Post#69 » by Breakdown777 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:21 am

moss_is_1 wrote:I'm tired of Darko's dumb passes and soft layup attempts. Somebody needs to punch him in the **** face before every game.

Instead of punching him....someone should write something anti-Serbia on the opponents jerseys. He might end up putting someone in a coma......but we'd see some fire. :onfire: <-since this is the rant thread...I've got to say that this stupid thing makes me laugh every time I "view more smilies".

I'd also like to mention Diva players and how they are ruining the game for me on a personal level. I don't mean fake tough guy "its personal"...I just personally feel a little dead inside when my favorite sport gets reduced to all the stars on 6 teams on the professional level. Stockton and Malone never whined about playing for the Small Market Jazz.....They just picked and rolled every other team to oblivion (except the Jordan era Bulls and Shaq/Kobe era Lakers). I sort of like it when every team has 1 or 2 good players and the TEAM wins.....not when 6 teams have 2 superstars + a few Allstars, 8-10 teams can barely win any games, and the rest are hovering around .500.
"Llevaré mi talento a Minnesota".
Letsbereality
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#70 » by Letsbereality » Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:44 pm

I have a question for Wolves fans. I've always wondered why would a coach implement such a intricate system with so many young players? Why not change systems or simplify the triangle? I'm not even sure if you guys run the triangle because I really don't see much Wolves games. I'm assuming you do because of the coach.
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

Post#71 » by C.lupus » Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:48 pm

I don't know what the heck offense we run. I think it's called crap.
funkatron101
General Manager
And1: 960

Post#72 » by funkatron101 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:56 pm

Letsbereality wrote:I have a question for Wolves fans. I've always wondered why would a coach implement such a intricate system with so many young players? Why not change systems or simplify the triangle? I'm not even sure if you guys run the triangle because I really don't see much Wolves games. I'm assuming you do because of the coach.

Neither do the players. Every damn player on this team talks about the triangle offense, all the while Rambis says "We don't run the triangle."

Nobody knows. It's become this catch-all excuse for when things go bad, and yet some sort of beacon of hope for the future. Because Phil F**kin Jackson is the Triangle Basketball god.

I see parts of it here and there, but not really that often. Most of the time I see a complete offensive breakdown, Ridnour jacking up and early three, or give the ball to Beasley and hope for the best. When all that fails, cross your fingers and hope that Love gets the put-back.
Lattimer wrote:Cracks me up that people still think that Wiggins will be involved in the trade for Love. Wolves are out of their mind if they think they are getting Wiggins for Love.
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#73 » by C.lupus » Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:02 pm

Don't forget the patented pass-it-to-Darko-so-he-can-turn-it-over play. That's about 30% of the offense right there.
funkatron101
General Manager

Post#74 » by funkatron101 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:22 pm

C.lupus wrote:Don't forget the patented pass-it-to-Darko-so-he-can-turn-it-over play. That's about 30% of the offense right there.

I can't believe I forgot that!
Lattimer wrote:Cracks me up that people still think that Wiggins will be involved in the trade for Love. Wolves are out of their mind if they think they are getting Wiggins for Love.
The J Rocka
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#75 » by The J Rocka » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:33 pm

Anybody pissed that we didn't make a bigger trade at the deadline? Was hoping in the back of my mind that we could've got a trade worked out to get Mayo.
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#76 » by C.lupus » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:43 pm

I was pissed for about 20 minutes but a lot of that was due to RealGM crashing right at the deadline. I was hoping for a big trade but wasn't really expecting one.
The J Rocka
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#77 » by The J Rocka » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:53 pm

Yeah I didn't like that it crashed on here. Was definitely pissed about that, maybe the word disappointed is better suited for not getting another deal done. I'm sure Kahn was talking with everyone but at least go out and get a vet SG or just a SG in general. Maybe Kahn has something up his sleeve in the offseason?
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#78 » by Devilzsidewalk » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:07 pm

J_Era_3 wrote:Anybody pissed that we didn't make a bigger trade at the deadline? Was hoping in the back of my mind that we could've got a trade worked out to get Mayo.

slightly because I doubt they're keeping all these first round picks and I'm nervous as to where they're going w/ them in the end.
funkatron101
General Manager

Post#79 » by funkatron101 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:57 pm

It's official - I'm not renewing my season tickets.
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#80 » by Devilzsidewalk » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:44 pm

If I would've known we'd be getting this for the money spent on Pekovic/Darko/Webster, I wouldve rather just spent all the cap on 1 year deals for Shaq/Iverson/McGrady and gone on a **** and giggles comedy tour.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves