ImageImageImage

Official OT Thread pt. II

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Varejao17
Rookie
And1: 165

Re: Official OT Thread pt. II 

Post#1141 » by Varejao17 » Sun Sep 9, 2012 4:31 am

Hello mates, I'm going to travel to USA and I need an information, is there any kind of website to check for hotels? Thank you very much
props to C.lupus
Basti
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,678

Post#1142 » by Basti » Sun Sep 9, 2012 5:17 pm

Winter is coming strong and soon, I think and hope. The air has a cold and fresh chill in it and the highest mountain tops are covered in a fresh layer of snow already. :nod:
Basti
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1143 » by Basti » Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:56 pm

Now that I was expecting winter to show up at any given moment I woke up today to see the temperature being 25°C/75°F. Which in turn gave me most likely the last day of the year to wear shorts. Oh Norway, you never cease to amaze me.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,917

Post#1144 » by Klomp » Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:10 pm

Basti wrote:Now that I was expecting winter to show up at any given moment I woke up today to see the temperature being 25°C/75°F. Which in turn gave me most likely the last day of the year to wear shorts. Oh Norway, you never cease to amaze me.

I'd take that! High of 96 F in Minnesota today
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Basti
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1145 » by Basti » Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:08 pm

Man, it's so beautiful outside. The sun is shining with only randomly bypassing clouds. In the shadows it's rather cold but the sunshine makes it feel quite cozy. That's why I love late summer/early autumn. The trees are changing their colors, too. It's beautiful.

Sucks that I gotta work in about an hour :(
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,917

Post#1146 » by Klomp » Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:11 pm

PA just used Klomping as a verb on his show. Love it!
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
cpfsf
General Manager
And1: 1,104
Location: sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell

Post#1147 » by cpfsf » Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:25 pm

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505143_162-57474678/why-sitting-all-day-is-killing-you/

According to the BBC, scientists say that reducing your sitting time to three hours a day can add two years to your life expectancy. And it's not just sitting that's a problem, apparently -- any position that you adopt for long periods of time can have risks

It's kind of obvious that sitting down all day is bad, but this really shows the impact. That's why I made a standing desk by putting a useless desk on top of my computer desk. My high school diploma is currently being used as a mousepad.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcGQpjCztgA[/youtube]

sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell
tsherkin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,188

Post#1148 » by tsherkin » Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:10 pm

Should point out:

Who really cares if they lose a year or two off of their eighties? You're boogly and immobile, unable to do any of the active stuff you could do even in your early senior years... Bleh.

Shoot me when I'm 70, ratcheted-up Logan's Run style.

Blech.

"Golden Years" my pantaloon seat...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

Post#1149 » by C.lupus » Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:30 am

The golden years are those one or two years after retirement and before your body starts falling apart.
Basti
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1150 » by Basti » Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:04 am

I find it amazing how much not having a routine (which is mostly mental) one had for decades can have a physical effect of this size. I've heard of so many cases where old folks break down quickly after retirement.
On the other side, I've heard of many cases were (mostly) farmers go to work on the fields or taking care of the animals up until they drop dead way after they were supposed to retire. So, having the physical routine until you literally just fall over must help a lot, I guess.

My pseudo-scientific theory makes me just as smart as cpfsf. :nod:
tsherkin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1151 » by tsherkin » Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:25 pm

Keeping busy is critical, for sure. I wanna get hit with death really fast, and going out quick in the middle of doing something I enjoy sound much better than wasting away in a hospital (or worse, a nursing home).

cpfsf
General Manager

Post#1152 » by cpfsf » Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:22 pm

tsherkin wrote:Keeping busy is critical, for sure. I wanna get hit with death really fast, and going out quick in the middle of doing something I enjoy sound much better than wasting away in a hospital (or worse, a nursing home).

Didn't think my stand up desk comment would lead to this. I'm only 25 and I'm thinking about death. When I was 7, I remember thinking how the day would never end and that death wouldn't affect me :(

edit: geez, that sounded like something you'd see in a facebook update. I'm not going to worry about it anymore. That's a problem for future cpfsf. Future cpfsf is a freeloader who benefits from my hard work. **** you future cpfsf, I'm drinking a beer.

sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1153 » by C.lupus » Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:04 pm

My dad died a year and a half ago. Both of my in-laws died 2 months ago. Tommy Udo 6 died a couple weeks ago. A coworker's brother died last Thursday. And my boss's dad just died yesterday. Yeesh. I feel like death is stalking me or something. He's everywhere I turn these days.
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#1154 » by Devilzsidewalk » Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:07 pm

tsherkin wrote:Should point out:

Who really cares if they lose a year or two off of their eighties? You're boogly and immobile, unable to do any of the active stuff you could do even in your early senior years... Bleh.

Blech.

ah but you're assuming its 2 years off the backside of life, but maybe everything condensed 2 years closer; ie you start going gray and/or bald and your boners start getting al dente in the supposed prime of your life?
cpfsf
General Manager

Post#1155 » by cpfsf » Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:26 pm

Devilzsidewalk wrote:
tsherkin wrote:Should point out:

Blech.

ah but you're assuming its 2 years off the backside of life, but maybe everything condensed 2 years closer; ie you start going gray and/or bald and your boners start getting al dente in the supposed prime of your life?

I'm not a jock or anything, but basic activities like walking up a few flight of stairs has become easier for me after doing some moderate exercise and standing more frequently.

edit: aaaaand you successfully ruined a good cooking term.

tsherkin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1156 » by tsherkin » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:40 pm

Hahaha, well played, sir!

C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1157 » by C.lupus » Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:16 am

Basti
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1158 » by Basti » Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:32 am

Crazy. Just two hours ago I thought of him and his abstinence from RGM. And it's not like I think of him every other day. Crazy.
cpfsf
General Manager

Post#1159 » by cpfsf » Tue Oct 2, 2012 3:08 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxO-ks2dtGw[/youtube]

worst security team ever.

Basti
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1160 » by Basti » Tue Oct 2, 2012 12:03 pm

28 k 8-)

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves