Official OT Thread pt. II

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,467

Re: Official OT Thread pt. II 

Post#1381 » by Worm Guts » Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:24 pm

Jukeness wrote:What did the Vikings do wrong? Nothing wrong with the Harvin trade, couldnt and didnt want to keep him anyway and got a first round pick this year and a third round pick next year out of it.

The Vikings have lost 2 of their best players and haven't done anything to replace them yet. There's still time, but unless we sign a FA receiver we're probably going to take a step back as a team.
cpfsf
General Manager
And1: 1,104
Location: sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell

Post#1382 » by cpfsf » Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:46 am

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zQopY8wWzQ[/youtube]

j2j is stilll baiting

sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell
Grits n Gravy
General Manager
And1: 1,800

Post#1383 » by Grits n Gravy » Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:57 am

cpfsf wrote:[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zQopY8wWzQ[/youtube]

j2j is stilll baiting

:lol: :lol:
john2jer
RealGM
And1: 452

Post#1384 » by john2jer » Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:22 pm

cpfsf wrote:[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zQopY8wWzQ[/youtube]

j2j is stilll baiting

Lol!

Yeah, apparently I got suspended for 12 hours on a Friday night. Dohkay!

And really? The guy suggested his mom was a better shooter than Rubio, and I just suggested that Rubio was a better defender and that's one of the reasons he's in the NBA and she's not. But I suppose the General Board has turned into the Heat/Laker hairline/girlfriend RealTMZ forum. My bad. ;-)
basketball royalty wrote:Is Miami considered a big city in the States? I thought guys just went there because of the weather and the bitches?
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

Post#1385 » by C.lupus » Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:32 pm

john2jer wrote: But I suppose the General Board has turned into the Heat/Laker hairline/girlfriend RealTMZ forum.

Pretty much.
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,467

Post#1386 » by Worm Guts » Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:07 am

Today I watched the girls state title game for 2A because my hometown was playing (Braham). It was completely absurd. Each team had 1 high level D-I recruit and everybody else struggled to dribble without turning the ball over or make open layups. The offense for each team consisted giving the ball to their star player and letting them speed dribble up the court as fast they could. Carli Wagner scored 50 of her teams 60 points.
john2jer
RealGM

Post#1387 » by john2jer » Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:08 am

Worm Guts wrote:Today I watched the girls state title game for 2A because my hometown was playing (Braham). It was completely absurd. Each team had 1 high level D-I recruit and everybody else struggled to dribble without turning the ball over or make open layups. The offense for each team consisted giving the ball to their star player and letting them speed dribble up the court as fast they could. Carli Wagner scored 50 of her teams 60 points.

Wagner and Dahlman are phenomenal, but yeah, the rest were brutal.

Not overly impressed with how Dahlman didn't seem to make an effort to fit in with her team after the game. Stood alone, doing her own thing.
basketball royalty wrote:Is Miami considered a big city in the States? I thought guys just went there because of the weather and the bitches?
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1388 » by C.lupus » Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:15 pm

I just got this in an email:
The annual NCAA Tournament is upon us which usually brings about the March Madness of office pools. Predicting which teams will advance to the next level for even a few measly bucks is absolutely prohibited in the Federal workplace.

Federal rules prohibit employees from gambling while on duty, or while on government-owned or leased property. These restrictions apply not only to Federal employees, but also to members of the public at large, contractors, vendors, and exhibitors when on GSA-controlled property. Federal rules on gambling are found at sections 5 CFR 735.201 and 41 CFR 102-74.395. Additionally, employees are required to use official time in an honest effort to perform official duties.

Gambling in the Federal workplace may be cause for disciplinary action.
john2jer
RealGM

Post#1389 » by john2jer » Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:17 pm

What did the email say about posting on RealGM while on federal property?

My boss pulled me into a conference room and chewed me out yesterday for allegedly spending all day Monday watching basketball. I wish I'd know basketball was on during the day Monday or I would have.
eyeteeth
Starter
And1: 147

Post#1390 » by eyeteeth » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:46 pm

Apropos of nothing, but for some reason, I thought y'all should know this exists:

There's a lot more, and even weirder, here:
http://sharpwriter.deviantart.com/
cpfsf
General Manager
And1: 1,104
Location: sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell

Post#1391 » by cpfsf » Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:18 am

cpfsf haiku

i just volunteered
i managed to make it worse
i should have stayed home

sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell
Grits n Gravy
General Manager
And1: 1,800

Post#1392 » by Grits n Gravy » Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:51 am

C.lupus wrote:I just got this in an email:
The annual NCAA Tournament is upon us which usually brings about the March Madness of office pools. Predicting which teams will advance to the next level for even a few measly bucks is absolutely prohibited in the Federal workplace.

Federal rules prohibit employees from gambling while on duty, or while on government-owned or leased property. These restrictions apply not only to Federal employees, but also to members of the public at large, contractors, vendors, and exhibitors when on GSA-controlled property. Federal rules on gambling are found at sections 5 CFR 735.201 and 41 CFR 102-74.395. Additionally, employees are required to use official time in an honest effort to perform official duties.

Gambling in the Federal workplace may be cause for disciplinary action.

Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#1393 » by Devilzsidewalk » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:31 pm

speaking of hitler, when the hell are stores around here going to start carrying the Chicken and Waffles flavor of Lays? **** racists!
ThatClockWork
Veteran
And1: 1,853

Post#1394 » by ThatClockWork » Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:22 am

Random question: Can anyone here tell me about Dwane Casey's relationship with Sam Cassell & his other point guards during his tenure as head coach here??? Thanks
Barack Obama wrote:You can’t lose heart, or grow cynical if there are twists and turns on your journey. The cynics may be the loudest voices — but I promise you, they will accomplish the least.
GopherIt!
RealGM
And1: 24,122

Post#1395 » by GopherIt! » Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:27 am

It was strictly platonic.
GopherIt!
RealGM
And1: 24,122

Post#1396 » by GopherIt! » Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:28 am

It was strictly platonic.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,567

Post#1397 » by Klomp » Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:35 pm

djgordon wrote:Random question: Can anyone here tell me about Dwane Casey's relationship with Sam Cassell & his other point guards during his tenure as head coach here??? Thanks

He never coached Sam Cassell.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Basti
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,678

Post#1398 » by Basti » Mon Apr 1, 2013 8:02 am

Because I, and the rest of the folks from this very remote old fishing village, have been stuck in here since several avalanches blocked the only road out here yesterday, I will leave this place with style - on a boat. Paid by the Norwegian government, obviously. There are worse ways to be stuck in a place somewhere.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7yfISlGLNU[/youtube]
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1399 » by C.lupus » Mon Apr 1, 2013 4:56 pm

Basti's govt. boat coming to get him:

Basti
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,678

Post#1400 » by Basti » Mon Apr 1, 2013 6:28 pm

It was this one actually

Usually I don't get seasick but a small boat like this can have a huge effect, even with relatively small waves. I was glad the trip took only about 20 minutes.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves