yardbarker

Minnesota Timberwolves Future Draft Pick Summary

Year First Round Second Round
20141-13 Own; 14-30 to PHXOwn; GOS; NOP
20151-12 Own; 13-30 to PHX if not already settledMore favorable of MIN and DEN then other to HOU (via MIN to POR)
20161-12 Own; 13-30 to PHX if not already settledOwn (via NOP) or to PHX if MIN has not conveyed 1st round pick to PHX by 2016
2017OwnOwn or to PHX if MIN has not conveyed 1st round pick to PHX by 2016; NOP 56-60
2018OwnOwn

See complete Minnesota Timberwolves future draft pick summary

Official OT Thread pt. II

Moderators: Basti, Klomp, C.lupus

Post#1321 Re: Official OT Thread pt. II
Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:11 am by [RCG]

So...

Josh Harding has multiple sclerosis and posts a shutout at Goalie for the Minnesota Wild.
Royce White is afraid of airplanes, refuses to show up for work and says:

White’s message to HBO was that his approach to his dispute with the Rockets should be perceived on human terms, rather than basketball terms.

“Why does my worth need to be measured by how many rebounds I’ve clocked? I’m saying something true, why does it need a rebound accompanying it?”

Because you’re a basketball player, Goldberg says, supplying the obvious counterargument.

“I’m a human being,” White replies immediately. “That’s it.”
http://nba.si.com/2013/01/19/rockets-royce-white-mental-health-protocol-hbo/

Someone should tell White that a little effort goes a long way. His act is so old and beyond frustrating. The only reason Rockets are holding onto him is because of the guaranteed money. Let him waste away for two years then decline his third year option. It's what he deserves. For his sake I hope he takes a lesson from Harding, be thankful to the organization for the chance to play professionally while getting paid handsomely and work at earning the money.

Either that or return the money he didn't earn and walk away. I don't think he ever intended to play for them and now makes it harder for any collegiate player with a mental health issue to get drafted in the first round.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt
[RCG]
Head Coach
And1: 133

Post#1322 Re: Official OT Thread pt. II
Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:51 am by Devilzsidewalk

seems like they can't get over the flying issue. I thought there was more to it, but that article seems like it's still just about the flying. Rox thought it wouldn't be a big deal b/c White lied and said it wouldn't so he could get a 1st round contract, then he pulled all this out after the fact.

You know who's really to blame in all this? The US government. All this could've been avoided with a proper Shinkansen train network, but while Japan has been bullet training around the joint since the 60s, we're still talking about friggin buses when it comes to land travel. Preposterous! Next presidential candidate that promises a high speed train network gets my valuable vote.
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 761

Post#1323 Re: Official OT Thread pt. II
Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:34 am by Grits n Gravy

Devilzsidewalk wrote:seems like they can't get over the flying issue. I thought there was more to it, but that article seems like it's still just about the flying. Rox thought it wouldn't be a big deal b/c White lied and said it wouldn't so he could get a 1st round contract, then he pulled all this out after the fact.

You know who's really to blame in all this? The US government. All this could've been avoided with a proper Shinkansen train network, but while Japan has been bullet training around the joint since the 60s, we're still talking about friggin buses when it comes to land travel. Preposterous! Next presidential candidate that promises a high speed train network gets my valuable vote.

Get the scientists working on the tube technology, immediately.
Grits n Gravy

Head Coach
And1: 102

Post#1324 Re: Official OT Thread pt. II
Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:06 pm by [RCG]

Why not teleportation?
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt
[RCG]
Head Coach

Post#1325 Re: Official OT Thread pt. II
Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:36 pm by Klomp

Everyone, I really hope that if there's just one article you read online today, it's this one:

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketb ... on-tragedy
DusterBuster wrote:Klomp is like the ultimate troll mod.

Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.
Klomp

Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 752

Post#1326 Re: Official OT Thread pt. II
Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:41 am by Klomp

A bunch of "sober" college students singing along to the National Anthem at SMSU Hawaiian Night

Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.
Klomp

Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#1327 Re: Official OT Thread pt. II
Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:53 am by Basti

Now I know why Joan Niesen started to write about the Wolves when she didn't really have any local connections prior to her arrival at FSN North.

Her twitter profile says "Facial hair enthusiast". Although, if I remember correctly, last year's team rocked a few more beards than this year's team.
Thanks to my man Loopers for the great signature
Basti

Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 1,075

Post#1328 Re: Official OT Thread pt. II
Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:28 am by cpfsf

i don't understand why people write poetry or inspirational messages as twitter/facebook updates. when was the last time your sibling said "dare to dream" or a coworker told you "pain is fear leaving your body?"
cpfsf
General Manager
And1: 293

Post#1329 Re: Official OT Thread pt. II
Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:55 pm by Devilzsidewalk

cpfsf wrote:i don't understand why people write poetry or inspirational messages as twitter/facebook updates. when was the last time your sibling said "dare to dream" or a coworker told you "pain is fear leaving your body?"

dare to dream

Devilzsidewalk
RealGM

Post#1330 Re: Official OT Thread pt. II
Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:25 pm by patryk7754

Can someone tell me when Love is suppose to come back?
patryk7754
Analyst
And1: 249

Post#1331 Re: Official OT Thread pt. II
Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:49 pm by [RCG]

March sometime.
[RCG]
Head Coach

Post#1332 Re: Official OT Thread pt. II
Mon Feb 4, 2013 8:32 am by southern wolf

Tonight I was playing basketball for my local league and we were up by about 20 in the second half so we thought we would have a bit of fun and do our own little version of showtime. I tried to channel my inner Rubio with behind the back passes and an around the back lay up. Lets just say I looked more like Javale McGee than Rubio.
southern wolf

Head Coach
And1: 409

Post#1333 Re: Official OT Thread pt. II
Wed Feb 6, 2013 12:02 am by Devilzsidewalk

yea you say you looked like javale mcgee, but i read a story where javale mcgee flew in a groupie to his hotel, bangs'd her multiple times, then didn't buy her any chipotle. Checkmate.
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM

Post#1334 Re: Official OT Thread pt. II
Wed Feb 6, 2013 12:16 am by southern wolf

Devilzsidewalk wrote:yea you say you looked like javale mcgee, but i read a story where javale mcgee flew in a groupie to his hotel, bangs'd her multiple times, then didn't buy her any chipotle. Checkmate.

That's my post-game routine.
southern wolf

Head Coach
And1: 409

Post#1335 Re: Official OT Thread pt. II
Thu Feb 7, 2013 1:09 am by cpfsf

it's becoming harder for me to get time to watch games. one of these days i'm going to check the boxscore and i'll see a totally different roster.
cpfsf
General Manager

Post#1336 Re: Official OT Thread pt. II
Thu Feb 7, 2013 1:26 am by Klomp

Need some help.

Thinking of dropping cable. Currently paying over 100/mo for cable/Internet. Internet alone is only 40/mo. Trying to figure out all the main subscription sites I would want if I dropped, to see if it would be wise financially.

Right now, the subscriptions I've included in my list are Netflix, Hulu Plus, and full season subscriptions for NBA League Pass (I forget, are archives blacked out too?) and NFL.com Game Rewind. I still come out 35/mo ahead.

Am I missing anything?!

Klomp

Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#1337 Re: Official OT Thread pt. II
Fri Feb 8, 2013 8:24 am by bluethunder0005

This is offtopic as far as the Wolves are concerned but last night I got to see Andrew Wiggins play in person. I live in a small town in West Virginia and last night he played a game where I went to high school. The kid is unbelievable. He scored 57 points on 24-28 shooting and he made it look so natural and easy. He had some dunks in traffic, drained a few 3's from both high school distance and from about where nba 3 is at, and was able to finish through contact very well. It honestly was one of my favorite nights watching a basketball game.
bluethunder0005
Senior
And1: 11

Post#1338 Re: Official OT Thread pt. II
Fri Feb 8, 2013 9:25 am by Grits n Gravy

Klomp wrote:Need some help.

Thinking of dropping cable. Currently paying over 100/mo for cable/Internet. Internet alone is only 40/mo. Trying to figure out all the main subscription sites I would want if I dropped, to see if it would be wise financially.

Right now, the subscriptions I've included in my list are Netflix, Hulu Plus, and full season subscriptions for NBA League Pass (I forget, are archives blacked out too?) and NFL.com Game Rewind. I still come out 35/mo ahead.

Am I missing anything?!

blacked out games are available as soon as the game finishes(slight delay sometimes).
Grits n Gravy

Head Coach
And1: 102

Post#1339 Re: Official OT Thread pt. II
Fri Feb 8, 2013 1:46 pm by cpfsf

the epitome of brilliance
cpfsf
General Manager

Post#1340 Re: Official OT Thread pt. II
Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:43 am by Grits n Gravy

this is pretty incredible :lol: