ImageImageImage

Nemanja Bjelica

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Peezo
Rookie
And1: 79

Re: Nemanja Bjelica 

Post#241 » by Peezo » Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:02 pm

With AK opting out, is there any chance Nemanja coming over? I haven't heard Flip mention anything about Euros or even a player like Hummel.

Who has the word on this?
Turnover_21 wrote:So who do we get? Capspace? Is Capspace white?
sisibilio
Head Coach
And1: 1,070

Post#242 » by sisibilio » Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:43 pm

I doubt it.
Rumour is his team (Baskonia) is shopping him BTW.
If you want to try to measure the elements of basketball that are supposedly unmeasurable, spend a game just watching Marc Gasol.
@MikePradaSBN

Wembanyama was created to end all LeBron vs Jordan debates
HitmanCapone
Pro Prospect
And1: 130

Post#243 » by HitmanCapone » Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:53 pm

sisibilio wrote:I doubt it.

He signed with another team? Last I heard like a month ago is that he was waiting to sign with a Euro team because he wanted(wants) to come over this year. Now I have no idea if anything will amount with him coming over but the last I heard was that he's coming over this year. I have however been looking for someone to confirm or deny that.
sisibilio
Head Coach

Post#244 » by sisibilio » Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:08 pm

HitmanCapone wrote:

He signed with another team? Last I heard like a month ago is that he was waiting to sign with a Euro team because he wanted(wants) to come over this year. Now I have no idea if anything will amount with him coming over but the last I heard was that he's coming over this year. I have however been looking for someone to confirm or deny that.

No, his contract in Vitoria didn't finish this summer.
http://www.acb.com/mercado.php

Incorporaciones > additions
Continúan > under contract
Sin resolver > impending FA
Se especula > rumoured interest

IDK what's his buyout clause.
If you want to try to measure the elements of basketball that are supposedly unmeasurable, spend a game just watching Marc Gasol.
@MikePradaSBN

HitmanCapone
Pro Prospect

Post#245 » by HitmanCapone » Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:15 pm

sisibilio wrote:
HitmanCapone wrote:

No, his contract in Vitoria didn't finish this summer.
http://www.acb.com/mercado.php

Incorporaciones > additions
Continúan > under contract
Sin resolver > impending FA
Se especula > rumoured interest

IDK what's his buyout clause.

Not saying you're wrong but this is what I read:

» Sunday, June 9 2013

Nemanja Bjelica wants to explore every option in order to play with the Minnesota Timberwolves before looking for a new team in Europe. El Correo

» Monday, June 3 2013

Jerry Zgoda: Re: Russian report Wolves are offering Bjelica...I've heard nothing to indicate Flip thinks he or any Euro prospect is NBA ready next season Twitter @JerryZgoda
Rumors tagsMinnesota Timberwolves, Nemanja Bjelica, Transactions | share Share on FacebookShare on TwitterSubscribe to HoopsHype rumors

Jon de la Presa: Nemanja Bjelica has offers from CSKA, Barça and the Wolves. Baskonia paid for him 800.000, now asking more than a million. Twitter @jondelapresa
[RCG]
Head Coach
And1: 135

Post#246 » by [RCG] » Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:52 pm

do not want.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt
sisibilio
Head Coach

Post#247 » by sisibilio » Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:46 pm

HitmanCapone wrote:Jon de la Presa: Nemanja Bjelica has offers from CSKA, Barça and the Wolves. Baskonia paid for him 800.000, now asking more than a million. Twitter @jondelapresa

If his contract expired Baskonia couldn't ask for anything, he'd be free to sign for whichever team he wished.
@MikePradaSBN

HitmanCapone
Pro Prospect

Post#248 » by HitmanCapone » Mon Jul 1, 2013 4:12 am

sisibilio wrote:
HitmanCapone wrote:Jon de la Presa: Nemanja Bjelica has offers from CSKA, Barça and the Wolves. Baskonia paid for him 800.000, now asking more than a million. Twitter @jondelapresa

If his contract expired Baskonia couldn't ask for anything, he'd be free to sign for whichever team he wished.

That was the report 6 days before the one that says he's trying to play with the Wolves before he picks another Euro Team, which most likely means something happened. Again I could be wrong but I'm just going by what makes sense from reading both of those tidbits.
Grits n Gravy
General Manager
And1: 1,800

Post#249 » by Grits n Gravy » Mon Jul 1, 2013 11:50 am

Would have been cool if he could have come over for summer league each year. Tomas Satoransky played last year and will probably play again for the Wizards while still under contract in Spain, must have something written into his contract. I'd love to bring him over but we have a glut and a likely shortage of roster spots.
sisibilio
Head Coach

Post#250 » by sisibilio » Mon Jul 1, 2013 9:24 pm

HitmanCapone wrote:
sisibilio wrote:

That was the report 6 days before the one that says he's trying to play with the Wolves before he picks another Euro Team, which most likely means something happened. Again I could be wrong but I'm just going by what makes sense from reading both of those tidbits.

I trust Jon de la Presa more than any other of those reports, he's a guy from Vitoria and very close to Baskonia.
@MikePradaSBN

interbasket
Banned User
And1: 24

Spanish Media: Nemanja Bjelica To Fenerbahce 

Post#251 » by interbasket » Tue Jul 9, 2013 9:08 pm

http://elcontraataque.es/2013/07/09/la- ... gociadora/

I just thought you guys would like to know. It is probably a big contract, because Fener has an enormous budget, as it is a hugely rich European club.

Just for clarification though, they are saying that "the deal will be done within hours", so it is not yet official.
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Re: Spanish Media: Nemanja Bjelica To Fenerbahce 

Post#252 » by Devilzsidewalk » Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:54 am

interbasket wrote:http://elcontraataque.es/2013/07/09/la-marcha-de-nemanja-bjelica-al-fenerbahce-obliga-al-barca-a-cambiar-su-estrategia-negociadora/

I just thought you guys would like to know. It is probably a big contract, because Fener has an enormous budget, as it is a hugely rich European club.

Just for clarification though, they are saying that "the deal will be done within hours", so it is not yet official.

I wonder if he'll try to get the one mil annual buyout options again
mourvedre
Freshman
And1: 11

Post#253 » by mourvedre » Fri Jan 2, 2015 8:23 pm

Just watching CSK and Fenerbache game(two euroleague giants) and boy our guy, Bjelica, is good. It's overtime and he is the only one who have played every second of the game. He would be starting pf this season(better than current Young), but could be our stretch four with high basketball IQ off the bench. He will be our Ryan Anderson with better contract.

Some of you have talked about Teodosic as our backup pg here as well. He would struggle with faster pg's on 1-1 defense, but is a great team defender. He is better scorer by a mile and almost as great of a wizard at creating for others compared to Rubio. He would be a pipedream though.

These euroguys would compliment our younger athletic guys very well.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,830

Post#254 » by Klomp » Fri Jan 2, 2015 8:26 pm

[tweet]https://twitter.com/DarrenWolfson/status/551106389787959296[/tweet]
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
wildvikeswolves
Starter
And1: 577

Post#255 » by wildvikeswolves » Fri Jan 2, 2015 8:34 pm

Klomp wrote:[tweet]https://twitter.com/DarrenWolfson/status/551106389787959296[/tweet]

I think i would be fine with giving him Mirotic money despite him being older. I think he would be worth giving a shot to at least
Foye
Club Captain- German Soccer
And1: 3,456

Post#256 » by Foye » Fri Jan 2, 2015 9:43 pm

mourvedre wrote:Just watching CSK and Fenerbache game(two euroleague giants) and boy our guy, Bjelica, is good. It's overtime and he is the only one who have played every second of the game. He would be starting pf this season(better than current Young), but could be our stretch four with high basketball IQ off the bench. He will be our Ryan Anderson with better contract.

Some of you have talked about Teodosic as our backup pg here as well. He would struggle with faster pg's on 1-1 defense, but is a great team defender. He is better scorer by a mile and almost as great of a wizard at creating for others compared to Rubio. He would be a pipedream though.

These euroguys would compliment our younger athletic guys very well.

Teodosic would be a dream. He is a great playmaker.
PG rotation would instantly be set for years. And we could fully focus on getting bigs.
cartermaxim13
Junior
And1: 69

Post#257 » by cartermaxim13 » Fri Jan 2, 2015 9:56 pm

Teodosic would be pretty awesome. However, I doubt that he would come over in order to be Ricky's backup. He's a superstar in Europe and there have been a lot of rumors dealing with his unwillingness to join a NBA team, especially without getting starter minutes and $$.
Macho
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,422

Post#258 » by Macho » Sat Jan 3, 2015 2:30 am

Bjelica is going to get paid, guy has been superb for Serbia at the FIBA World Cup and for Fener. Such a smart player.
Macho
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,422

Post#259 » by Macho » Sat Feb 7, 2015 3:12 am

14pts, 15rbs, 2blks and the game winning free throws against Laboral in the Euro League today, guys just beasting.
wildvikeswolves
Starter
And1: 577

Post#260 » by wildvikeswolves » Sat Feb 7, 2015 4:04 am

We'll see you next year Nemanja

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves