ImageImageImage

Nemanja Bjelica

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Grits n Gravy
General Manager
And1: 1,800

Re: Nemanja Bjelica 

Post#561 » by Grits n Gravy » Thu May 21, 2015 7:55 am

I'll be pretty pissed if he's not on the roster next year, whether it's a trade or simply not signing. The trade return would have to be pretty dam good for me to be on board with it. With the addition of (assuming) Towns I think Nemanja is a glove fit for this team. We need more basketball smarts, iq and players that make the little plays to win games. Nemanja will provide some spacing, great ball movement and selflessness. The biggest knock on our current 4's is their basketball IQ's in Bennett and Payne - I think they are both promising but I'd like a guy who knows how to play and to win. I don't think he is going to be a star but I think he can be a very good player and have a Boris Diaw like impact on our team.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,792

Post#562 » by Klomp » Thu May 21, 2015 6:20 pm

One thing which, I think, works in his favor is that Flip mentioned in that KFAN interview about how we need to add more experience to our young core. While Bjelica may not have NBA experience, he's 27 years old and has a lot of international experience.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
funkatron101
General Manager
And1: 960

Post#563 » by funkatron101 » Thu May 21, 2015 7:40 pm

Grits n Gravy wrote:I'll be pretty pissed if he's not on the roster next year, whether it's a trade or simply not signing. The trade return would have to be pretty dam good for me to be on board with it. With the addition of (assuming) Towns I think Nemanja is a glove fit for this team.

I'm confused. Do we not own his rights? What kind of trade are you referring to?
Lattimer wrote:Cracks me up that people still think that Wiggins will be involved in the trade for Love. Wolves are out of their mind if they think they are getting Wiggins for Love.
MaxMN
Junior
And1: 95

Post#564 » by MaxMN » Thu May 21, 2015 8:11 pm

27 year old who hasn't played a game in the NBA. His trade value is not extremely high.
"Wiggins wasn't as good as our second best player Gay, and it's questionable if he even gets to that level. He isn't proven." -Kings2013 on 06/09/2015
ace625214
Bench Warmer
And1: 604

Post#565 » by ace625214 » Thu May 21, 2015 9:02 pm

funkatron101 wrote:
Grits n Gravy wrote:I'll be pretty pissed if he's not on the roster next year, whether it's a trade or simply not signing. The trade return would have to be pretty dam good for me to be on board with it. With the addition of (assuming) Towns I think Nemanja is a glove fit for this team.

I'm confused. Do we not own his rights? What kind of trade are you referring to?

He means trading Bjelica for a draft pick, something Flip has talked about.
Dleavitt24
Junior
And1: 61

Post#566 » by Dleavitt24 » Thu May 21, 2015 9:20 pm

His trade value not high? its going to be first round worthy. He is euro MVP. People might see a mirotic kind of player. thats worth something to an older team. maybe the spurs, they like unselfish players that can shoot. except i might question the shooting a bit.
Saltine
Lead Assistant
And1: 911

Post#567 » by Saltine » Mon May 25, 2015 4:44 am

Fenerbahce is trying to convince Nemanja Bjelica to remain in Turkey at least one more season.
The Serbian forward is drawing al lot of interest from the Timberwolves who would love to bring him overseas during the summer.

But Fenerbahce is trying to keep the MVP of the 2014-2015 Euroleague season and to convince him to play one more year under coach Zeljko Obradovic.

http://www.sportando.com/en/europe/turkey/161901/fenerbahce-is-trying-to-convince-bjelica-to-remain-next-season.html
FinnTheHuman
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,714

Post#568 » by FinnTheHuman » Mon May 25, 2015 4:25 pm

I don't think Bjelica has as much value to any other team as he has to the Wolves. Nobody wants to give up a valuable asset for such a risk, as it is obvious to everyone that it is a question mark whether his game would translate to the NBA.

While some here see him as an opportunity to get something of value in a trade, I don't think we can get anything that can be as valuable as he possibly could if he pans out.
cpfsf
General Manager
And1: 1,104
Location: sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell

Post#569 » by cpfsf » Tue May 26, 2015 4:52 pm

FinnTheHuman wrote:I don't think Bjelica has as much value to any other team as he has to the Wolves. Nobody wants to give up a valuable asset for such a risk, as it is obvious to everyone that it is a question mark whether his game would translate to the NBA.

While some here see him as an opportunity to get something of value in a trade, I don't think we can get anything that can be as valuable as he possibly could if he pans out.

i think he'd be more valuable on other teams. we're probably not a playoff team, and there's limited minutes for bjelica. he could at least be a complementary piece or an insurance policy for an eastern conference team with playoff aspirations.

hawks - millsap and carroll are FA
bobcats - virtually no depth at power forward
detroit - greg monroe situation. little depth
pacers - scola (FA) and west are old.

sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell
FinnTheHuman
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,714

Post#570 » by FinnTheHuman » Tue May 26, 2015 5:20 pm

cpfsf wrote:
FinnTheHuman wrote:I don't think Bjelica has as much value to any other team as he has to the Wolves. Nobody wants to give up a valuable asset for such a risk, as it is obvious to everyone that it is a question mark whether his game would translate to the NBA.

i think he'd be more valuable on other teams. we're probably not a playoff team, and there's limited minutes for bjelica. he could at least be a complementary piece or an insurance policy for an eastern conference team with playoff aspirations.

What can we get out of any of those teams in return? I don't see any of them giving up their lottery pick, they probably demand one additional piece in that scenario, and I don't think we give up Bjelica + Bazz/Dieng, especially if the pick is out of top 9.

And I don't think our PF position has any legit starter at the moment, Payne and Bennet are at best career bench players in my opinion and at least one of them should be traded before the season starts, so I see Bjelica starting.
cpfsf
General Manager
And1: 1,104
Location: sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell

Post#571 » by cpfsf » Wed May 27, 2015 1:29 am

FinnTheHuman wrote:
cpfsf wrote:

What can we get out of any of those teams in return? I don't see any of them giving up their lottery pick, they probably demand one additional piece in that scenario, and I don't think we give up Bjelica + Bazz/Dieng, especially if the pick is out of top 9.

And I don't think our PF position has any legit starter at the moment, Payne and Bennet are at best career bench players in my opinion and at least one of them should be traded before the season starts, so I see Bjelica starting.

everyone values bjelly differently on this board. i'm i don't want to ask the trade board since nobody would have any idea who he is.

simple trade
protected first round picks

trade i saw from trade board that i modified
bos in: martin
bos out: crash #16

min in: #9
min out: bjelica martin payne

cha in: #16 bjelica payne
cha out: #9

sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell
Gideon
Pro Prospect
And1: 178

Post#572 » by Gideon » Thu May 28, 2015 12:06 am

Seems like it makes WAY more sense to just keep him right now. Payne and Bennett may improve a bit, but it seems unlikely either will become a starter on a good team... Bjelica may still be an unknown as far as NBA-impact, but he also has a higher ceiling than our other 4s, so why not at least get him to Minny and see what he can do. Nobody's going to give us a great offer right now and Bjelica plays our position of greatest need, so we might as well at least find out what we have.

If we'd just taken that "find out what we have" attitude with Mirotic, 4 wouldn't be our position of greatest need -- not saying both guys are the same, obviously, but I think losing Mirotic the way we did should at least be a lesson to give unknown-quantity guys a shot if we're not going to get much in return.
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 28,543

Post#573 » by UcanUwill » Sat May 30, 2015 3:53 pm

http://www.eurohoops.net/2015/05/featured/98954

This is huge news. Fenerbache just got much much poorer. It was reported that Ulker formed two thirds of teams budget, nearly 20 million Euros.
jpatrick
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,598

Post#574 » by jpatrick » Sat May 30, 2015 4:07 pm

I'm looking squarely at Detroit. If Porzingis slips to 8, I could see Flip offering Bjelica and Bazz for the pick, especially if we take Okafor #1. Bjelica would be a nice fit next to a defensive presence like Drummond.

The problem is I don't think Porzingis slides that far and if he did, I'm not sure Detroit makes that deal.
Note30
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,526

Post#575 » by Note30 » Sat May 30, 2015 6:24 pm

cpfsf wrote:
FinnTheHuman wrote:
cpfsf wrote:

everyone values bjelly differently on this board. i'm i don't want to ask the trade board since nobody would have any idea who he is.

simple trade
protected first round picks

trade i saw from trade board that i modified
bos in: martin
bos out: crash #16

min in: #9
min out: bjelica martin payne

cha in: #16 bjelica payne
cha out: #9

If this happened, Flip would be immediately be saved from the Payne move he made midseason. If Stanley moves up even one spot it would mean we have a shot at one of (Winslow, Hezonja, Porzingis, Stein), which would be amazing. Any of them, but especially Porzingis/Stein
frankenwolf wrote:I hope you eat every one of these words next year when the Timberwolves are world champions

[*]-Mar 2023 in reference to the Gobert trade.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
MinneOOPalis
Analyst
And1: 1,415

Post#576 » by MinneOOPalis » Sat May 30, 2015 6:53 pm

jpatrick wrote:I'm looking squarely at Detroit. If Porzingis slips to 8, I could see Flip offering Bjelica and Bazz for the pick, especially if we take Okafor #1. Bjelica would be a nice fit next to a defensive presence like Drummond.

The problem is I don't think Porzingis slides that far and if he did, I'm not sure Detroit makes that deal.

This is what I'm thinking. The closer the draft gets, the more that GM's are going to fall in love with the 'safe prospects'.

Even in interviews post lottery Flip continues to gush about Porzingis. If he has an opportunity to get a **** blocking 4, he will likely take Okafor.
zauchary
Junior
And1: 28

Post#577 » by zauchary » Sat May 30, 2015 7:23 pm

So you guys think that if Pozingis is available at 8, which is doubtful, that the Pistons would give him up for Bjelica?

C'MON, MAN!!!!!
Note30
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,526

Post#578 » by Note30 » Sat May 30, 2015 8:12 pm

MinneOOPalis wrote:
jpatrick wrote:I'm looking squarely at Detroit. If Porzingis slips to 8, I could see Flip offering Bjelica and Bazz for the pick, especially if we take Okafor #1. Bjelica would be a nice fit next to a defensive presence like Drummond.

This is what I'm thinking. The closer the draft gets, the more that GM's are going to fall in love with the 'safe prospects'.

Even in interviews post lottery Flip continues to gush about Porzingis. If he has an opportunity to get a **** blocking 4, he will likely take Okafor.

Where are these interviews? Do you have a link, I really want to watch them.
frankenwolf wrote:I hope you eat every one of these words next year when the Timberwolves are world champions

[*]-Mar 2023 in reference to the Gobert trade.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
MinneOOPalis
Analyst
And1: 1,415

Post#579 » by MinneOOPalis » Sat May 30, 2015 8:22 pm

Note30 wrote:
MinneOOPalis wrote:

Where are these interviews? Do you have a link, I really want to watch them.

Go to the Timberwolves soundcloud page.
Foye
Club Captain- German Soccer
And1: 3,449

Post#580 » by Foye » Sat May 30, 2015 8:46 pm

Porzingis/Okafor would be a pretty bad defensive duo.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves