ImageImageImage

Nemanja Bjelica

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Raptor_Claw
Banned User
And1: 0

Re: Nemanja Bjelica 

Post#101 » by Raptor_Claw » Sat Jun 2, 2012 7:16 pm

Grits n Gravy wrote:well thats your opinion and i think that is completely wrong.

tie game at half time 37-37

I disagree with your opinion.
Esohny
RealGM
And1: 339

Post#102 » by Esohny » Sat Jun 2, 2012 7:22 pm

Raptor_Claw wrote:
Grits n Gravy wrote:well thats your opinion and i think that is completely wrong.

He disagrees with your disagreement.
SMAC-K wrote:Mayo>>>>Love and that 5th pick
OJ Mayo is one of the best defenders in the league, hes a two way player and hes a great passer and playmaker.
Grits n Gravy
General Manager
And1: 1,800

Post#103 » by Grits n Gravy » Sat Jun 2, 2012 7:24 pm

Esohny wrote:
Raptor_Claw wrote:

:lol:
lobishome
Analyst
And1: 632

Post#104 » by lobishome » Sat Jun 2, 2012 7:29 pm

Esohny wrote:
Raptor_Claw wrote:

I agree

BTW Nemanja is playing bad tonight
Grits n Gravy
General Manager

Post#105 » by Grits n Gravy » Sat Jun 2, 2012 7:37 pm

4 fouls and will sit for a long time

he's certainly not playing good but he's also not really playing bad imo lobishome, he's just not really involved in the offense becase 90% of the time the offense is going through lampe or teletovic, or prigioni is holding too long...the only real shots nemanja has got have been bail out jumpers with shot clock running down. besides fouling to much, he has defended well. that jab step and drive from the elbow was really nice and highly translatable to the nba.
Grits n Gravy
General Manager

Post#106 » by Grits n Gravy » Sat Jun 2, 2012 8:03 pm

caja laboral are going fishing, poor game from nemanja but hopefully he has played his last game in spain
Fire Mchale
Junior
And1: 9

Post#107 » by Fire Mchale » Sun Jun 3, 2012 4:11 am

Grits n Gravy wrote:caja laboral are going fishing, poor game from nemanja but hopefully he has played his last game in spain

I've seen so very little of Bjelica play - other than clips of him on youtube - can his game translate to the NBA? More importantly, has anyone in Europe every heard of P90X? Why do these guys all look like they drink a dozen beers with a pack of smokes after every game? It's called lifting weights.....get to know it.

I vividly remember the telecast they had of the Wolves draftees the year he was drafted - I so badly want to see him on the Wolves and see him contribute. From what I've seen, he's maybe a 9th or 10th man in a rotation, but with his size and ability to put it on the floor I think he would be a difficult matchup off the bench if he added some strength.
Raptor_Claw
Banned User

Post#108 » by Raptor_Claw » Sun Jun 3, 2012 12:53 pm

Fire Mchale wrote:
Grits n Gravy wrote:caja laboral are going fishing, poor game from nemanja but hopefully he has played his last game in spain

I've seen so very little of Bjelica play - other than clips of him on youtube - can his game translate to the NBA? More importantly, has anyone in Europe every heard of P90X? Why do these guys all look like they drink a dozen beers with a pack of smokes after every game? It's called lifting weights.....get to know it.

I vividly remember the telecast they had of the Wolves draftees the year he was drafted - I so badly want to see him on the Wolves and see him contribute. From what I've seen, he's maybe a 9th or 10th man in a rotation, but with his size and ability to put it on the floor I think he would be a difficult matchup off the bench if he added some strength.

Every high level European team has mandatory weight training for all of their players. For example, just about every Euroleague team has a full scale weight room right in their own arena or training facility.
Grits n Gravy
General Manager

Post#109 » by Grits n Gravy » Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:49 am

nemanja article from a few months ago:
http://www.fibaeurope.com/cid_KNce8jInH ... de_on.html

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjszXBStMVg[/youtube]
Fire Mchale
Junior

Post#110 » by Fire Mchale » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:27 am

Raptor_Claw wrote:
Fire Mchale wrote:

Every high level European team has mandatory weight training for all of their players. For example, just about every Euroleague team has a full scale weight room right in their own arena or training facility.

This is all well and good- do they have anyone there who knows how to use it?
Raptor_Claw
Banned User

Post#111 » by Raptor_Claw » Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:46 pm

Fire Mchale wrote:This is all well and good- do they have anyone there who knows how to use it?

Every team has certified trainers and required training. Not only that, they actually spend more money on developing training methods than NBA teams do. For instance, the NBA is usually 5 years behind in the training methods.

The big soccer clubs spend tons of money on the training, and the training advancements are then used in the basketball clubs.

So I'm not sure what you are trying to say here.
Fire Mchale
Junior

Post#112 » by Fire Mchale » Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:04 pm

Raptor_Claw wrote:
Fire Mchale wrote:This is all well and good- do they have anyone there who knows how to use it?

Every team has certified trainers and required training. Not only that, they actually spend more money on developing training methods than NBA teams do. For instance, the NBA is usually 5 years behind in the training methods.

The big soccer clubs spend tons of money on the training, and the training advancements are then used in the basketball clubs.

What I'm saying is that Bjelica badly needs to work on his body to make an impact in the NBA - the same can be said of many of the Euro players coming over. I was being sarcastic regarding European training methods. I get that they have gyms, they just seldom send ripped athletes to the NBA.
Raptor_Claw
Banned User

Post#113 » by Raptor_Claw » Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:43 pm

Fire Mchale wrote:
Raptor_Claw wrote:

What I'm saying is that Bjelica badly needs to work on his body to make an impact in the NBA - the same can be said of many of the Euro players coming over. I was being sarcastic regarding European training methods. I get that they have gyms, they just seldom send ripped athletes to the NBA.

European players are not allowed to take all the enhancements and "supplements" that NBA players take. They are on the banned lists of substances that they get tested for. If you test positive one time, you get a 1-2 year ban. Many of those banned substances are not even on the list of what the NBA tests for.

Also, teams in Europe require practice two times a day. So they have to spend a lot more time playing basketball and working on their games, than NBA teams do. If an NBA player wants to spend all day in the gym working out, then he can.

How is a European player going to do that when he is practicing with the team 8 hours a day? And the European players can't just load up on "supplements", like the NBA players can.

Besides that, the most ripped player in the entire NBA, came from playing and training in the European system. So it's also stereotyping.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,792

Post#114 » by Klomp » Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:44 am

Raptor_Claw wrote:
Besides that, the most ripped player in the entire NBA, came from playing and training in the European system. So it's also stereotyping.

Dwight Howard?
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Yes We Kahn
Bench Warmer
And1: 18

Post#115 » by Yes We Kahn » Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:06 am

Klomp wrote:
Raptor_Claw wrote:

Dwight Howard?

Haha I was thinking the same thing
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,792

Post#116 » by Klomp » Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:14 am

Yes We Kahn wrote:Haha I was thinking the same thing

I'm seriously struggling to figure out who he's referring to. I guess Pekovic, but I would consider him more thick than ripped.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Yes We Kahn
Bench Warmer
And1: 18

Post#117 » by Yes We Kahn » Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:41 am

Klomp wrote:

I'm seriously struggling to figure out who he's referring to. I guess Pekovic, but I would consider him more thick than ripped.

Ibaka?
But he's no comparison to Dwight.
Dewey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,019

Post#118 » by Dewey » Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:05 pm

Fire Mchale wrote:
Raptor_Claw wrote:

geez ... that's a pretty arrogant stance
Flip response to Love wanting out, "He has no reason to be upset, you're either a part of the problem or a part of the solution"
Raptor_Claw
Banned User

Post#119 » by Raptor_Claw » Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:54 pm

Yes We Kahn wrote:
Klomp wrote:

Ibaka?
But he's no comparison to Dwight.

Ibaka is more ripped than Howard is.
Veselyfan
Sophomore
And1: 107

Post#120 » by Veselyfan » Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:22 pm

Bjelica will workout with the Timberwovles.Kahn called him to come and meet Rick Adelman and have workouts and talk about his future. I think that he is already in USA...

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves