ImageImageImage

Nemanja Bjelica

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Killboard
Analyst
And1: 943

Re: Nemanja Bjelica 

Post#1121 » by Killboard » Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:06 pm

cartermaxim13 wrote:Teague comes away with punching Belli in the face without getting a suspension. That's just ridiculous, even that they did not call it in the first place.

Euro traetment in his more pure form.
Sothron
Head Coach
And1: 3,262

Post#1122 » by Sothron » Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:18 pm

I'm shocked he did not get a suspension or at least a fine. I'm a Hawks fan too but this is flat out crap. You hit a guy in the face then you get no punishment afterwards? Wow.
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#1123 » by Devilzsidewalk » Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:22 pm

Killboard wrote:
cartermaxim13 wrote:Teague comes away with punching Belli in the face without getting a suspension. That's just ridiculous, even that they did not call it in the first place.

Euro traetment in his more pure form.

when does Bjelica get to go to the line to shoot the flagrant 2 free throws?
Vindicater
General Manager
And1: 423

Post#1124 » by Vindicater » Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:30 pm

Has been really good. Very surprised at how quickly he has adapated. (although lots of people in the know on here were telling us he was going to be good)
"That's why the last two years weren't guaranteed," Walsh said. "Either way, he knew it could have happened either way."
RocketsHero
Pro Prospect
And1: 121

Post#1125 » by RocketsHero » Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:38 am

[tweet]https://twitter.com/CVivlamoreAJC/status/664480435724906496[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/CVivlamoreAJC/status/664481729176928256[/tweet]
One Win at a Time
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

Post#1126 » by C.lupus » Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:59 am

"I didn't mean to hit him in the face. I was aiming for the throat."
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,721

Post#1127 » by minimus » Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:55 am

Just watched ATL. The biggest thing about Bjelica in that game was his hard foul on Horford. Basically Nemanja was the only one who fought through 3rd quarter. That hard foul was clear message that he is not a joke. He defended the rim in that possession. Last two seasons I was angry when our bigs didn't deliver any foul or they just committed a weak foul. Nemanja did right thing, he defended our rim, when ATL had run and our team was a mess and nobody cared about winning. That foul didn't change the flow of the game, but it started a good sequence on the floor. Bjelica hit big 3s, Wiggins took responsibility and hit clutch jumpers, Towns defended the rim, Rubio was smart enough to catch Bazemore with a key charge.
I couldn't be more happier about our young players. But Bjelica is a real Knight in the Shadow. He has been doing all dirty work, he doesn't complain, doesn't force things.
Popovich
Pro Prospect
And1: 293

Post#1128 » by Popovich » Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:55 am

Lets face it and be honest, Bjelica sucks. I was wrong about him, It seems that coach banned him handling the ball completely. He never had any post moves, every classic PF is killing him down low as he is too little for them, every F is faster than him. His 3pt shoots look disgusting. NBA is not for him. He said for local Serbian newspaper few weeks ago "This is some another planet for me" and "Games on two days(he meant every second day in average), from plane to plane, no time for thinking"

I guess his 3 years contract is not to expensive (I'm not aware of it) for the Wolves since he wanted to come and because he had a good money in Turkey's league Fenerbahce team. Bjelica is huge disappointment. He deserves to be released.
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,721

Post#1129 » by minimus » Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:12 am

Please do not overreact. Bjelica is a good player.
packforfreedom
Analyst
And1: 4,020

Post#1130 » by packforfreedom » Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:51 am

I think Shved had more potential than Bjelica and he failed badly. If you're a top-player in europe and realize that your ceiling the nba is a rotation player, while getting outplayed by almost everybody in the NBA, this is gonna shake your confidence. I hope he bounces back though. I think he can bring 15-20 valuable minutes off the bench.
Tukkerwolf
Starter
And1: 2,178

Post#1131 » by Tukkerwolf » Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:06 am

Let him adjust to the NBA grind. His first games were pretty good, the tough schedule probably exhausts him at this point.
Mirotic12
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,482

Post#1132 » by Mirotic12 » Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:23 am

UcanUwill wrote:Nice game yesterday, I am rooting for this guy, he was Euroleague MVP for a reason.

He was Euroleague MVP because Fenerbache fans voted for him online for the award (Euroleague MVP takes the fan vote) with a huge ballot stuffing.

You might not believe it, but you can go to any European basketball forum and ask, and they will confirm it.

packforfreedom wrote:I think Shved had more potential than Bjelica and he failed badly. If you're a top-player in europe and realize that your ceiling the nba is a rotation player, while getting outplayed by almost everybody in the NBA, this is gonna shake your confidence. I hope he bounces back though. I think he can bring 15-20 valuable minutes off the bench.

Bjelica it is fair to say was a top let's say 3-5 power forward in Euroleague. Shved was not even remotely close to being a top level player in Europe though. He was at best a middling role player on his team.
Mirotic12
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,482

Post#1133 » by Mirotic12 » Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:26 am

double post
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 28,785

Post#1134 » by UcanUwill » Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:12 pm

Mirotic12 wrote:
UcanUwill wrote:Nice game yesterday, I am rooting for this guy, he was Euroleague MVP for a reason.

He was Euroleague MVP because Fenerbache fans voted for him online for the award (Euroleague MVP takes the fan vote) with a huge ballot stuffing.

You might not believe it, but you can go to any European basketball forum and ask, and they will confirm it.

Actually, fan voting accounts 25% of total vote, and media impacts the other 75%. I am aware of that. Anyway, he was deserving, his team reached final 4, and he had a PIR of 18.3, highest among all Final 4 players.
Domejandro
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 26,965

Post#1135 » by Domejandro » Tue Dec 29, 2015 3:06 pm

Popovich wrote:Lets face it and be honest, Bjelica sucks. I was wrong about him, It seems that coach banned him handling the ball completely. He never had any post moves, every classic PF is killing him down low as he is too little for them, every F is faster than him. His 3pt shoots look disgusting. NBA is not for him. He said for local Serbian newspaper few weeks ago "This is some another planet for me" and "Games on two days(he meant every second day in average), from plane to plane, no time for thinking"

I guess his 3 years contract is not to expensive (I'm not aware of it) for the Wolves since he wanted to come and because he had a good money in Turkey's league Fenerbahce team. Bjelica is huge disappointment. He deserves to be released.

I feel that is really unfair to Nemanja, I mean... look at the position he is in currently. He was playing well, got injured, came back mediocre and got completely benched for the worst player on Minnesota (Adreian Payne)! He cannot handle the ball any more, he is unable to look for his own shot, and whenever we play him he plays against a player that is massive! Bjelica does not even have a chance to really succeed; if you put him on a team that was not dysfunctional, he would be terrific.

As a side-note, Damjan getting no-dressed over Adreian Payne is kind of mind-boggling to me, he is better at every facet of the game except for rebounding, even his defense is way, way better. Payne sucks and is getting the nod over these guys.
Foye
Club Captain- German Soccer
And1: 3,457

Post#1136 » by Foye » Tue Dec 29, 2015 3:56 pm

Domejandro wrote:
Popovich wrote:Lets face it and be honest, Bjelica sucks. I was wrong about him, It seems that coach banned him handling the ball completely. He never had any post moves, every classic PF is killing him down low as he is too little for them, every F is faster than him. His 3pt shoots look disgusting. NBA is not for him. He said for local Serbian newspaper few weeks ago "This is some another planet for me" and "Games on two days(he meant every second day in average), from plane to plane, no time for thinking"

I feel that is really unfair to Nemanja, I mean... look at the position he is in currently. He was playing well, got injured, came back mediocre and got completely benched for the worst player on Minnesota (Adreian Payne)! He cannot handle the ball any more, he is unable to look for his own shot, and whenever we play him he plays against a player that is massive! Bjelica does not even have a chance to really succeed; if you put him on a team that was not dysfunctional, he would be terrific.

As a side-note, Damjan getting no-dressed over Adreian Payne is kind of mind-boggling to me, he is better at every facet of the game except for rebounding, even his defense is way, way better. Payne sucks and is getting the nod over these guys.

This is pretty much my take on this as well. We don't know how healthy Bjelica is and why Smitch just randomly decided to cut his minutes to below Payne level. I think Bjelica already showed pre-injury that there are a few things he can do on NBA level. No reason to give up on him so soon.
LesGrossman
Head Coach
And1: 4,114

Post#1137 » by LesGrossman » Tue Dec 29, 2015 4:30 pm

Foye wrote:
Domejandro wrote:

This is pretty much my take on this as well. We don't know how healthy Bjelica is and why Smitch just randomly decided to cut his minutes to below Payne level. I think Bjelica already showed pre-injury that there are a few things he can do on NBA level. No reason to give up on him so soon.

I cant see a rational explanation for his patterns either. But i just read an article about his toronto time and it really seems to be consistent, he enjoys being hard on european players. Not saying its a concious decision but something must be going wrong in his head to pick Payne and Dieng over Bjelica and a chucking torero defender like Martin over Rudez. I guarantee 100% that Bjelica will have a huge coming out (in the sports sense ;) ) as soon as he is unleashed from Mitchell. What Sam does there is the exact opposite of player development and encouragement; you take a guy who comes with confidence and skill to play his first year in the league, but who is also 27 years old, seasoned euroleague vet and MVP and treat him worse than a 19 year old kid. You sit him for stretches of games just to burn him against the best goddamn bigs the league has to offer; just to promptly sit him again when he fails to hit cold 3's and stop Tim Duncan. That is not coincidence, nor is it a fair way to treat all his players the same. And of course many here follow suit and declare that he is trash. So easy.
Pray for Israel
Peace in Jerusalem

Fan of the game of Basketball, no matter the team, league or players. Opposed to all sorts of person cult and show/entertainment/marketing over substance.
Nitroglycerin
Starter
And1: 528

Post#1138 » by Nitroglycerin » Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:00 pm

Well Bjelica was playing 30 minutes and was the unofficiall PF starter until he got injured. I doubt it's Mitchell putting him in the doghouse. He's probably bothered by something. He looked decent tho with his brief play against the Spurs
Trust the PRosas!
Popovich
Pro Prospect
And1: 293

Post#1139 » by Popovich » Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:43 pm

So far I noticed Mitchell really likes Lavine , Wolves staff in fact was pushing Lavine to play on his unnatural position (PG). They are even giving him clutch situations. In the last game I knew that play will go to him when Wolves were -4 less than a minute in the 4th. Spurs staff knew it too of-course and he was easily blocked. Now when Martin out you have Prince, KG, Rubio starting line-up where for the opposite team its easy to conclude in whose hands the ball will go.

I did not say Nemanja is trash, I said he sucks in this role. He likes to create for others and for himself . He prefers to run open court after collecting rebound with ball in HIS hands and seems that Sam strictly banned him that. He does not want to be just spot up corner guy.

His shooting decisions were not good, when alone hesitates and later shoots over opponent hands. Just how many air balls I saw from him, there is where I got angry. I don't like watching him embarrassing himself, his team and Serbian basketball in general. Did not even noticed him in the last game, but I wanted to write some harsh critic on his account for some time.

I still have little faith left for him but not in the role his playing right now. I said earlier, cant stand watching him taking more than few 3pts shots per game.
NewWolvesOrder
Head Coach
And1: 1,262

Post#1140 » by NewWolvesOrder » Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:57 pm

Popovich wrote:So far I noticed Mitchell really likes Lavine , Wolves staff in fact was pushing Lavine to play on his unnatural position (PG). They are even giving him clutch situations. In the last game I knew that play will go to him when Wolves were -4 less than a minute in the 4th. Spurs staff knew it too of-course and he was easily blocked. Now when Martin out you have Prince, KG, Rubio starting line-up where for the opposite team its easy to conclude in whose hands the ball will go.

I did not say Nemanja is trash, I said he sucks in this role. He likes to create for others and for himself . He prefers to run open court after collecting rebound with ball in HIS hands and seems that Sam strictly banned him that. He does not want to be just spot up corner guy.

His shooting decisions were not good, when alone hesitates and later shoots over opponent hands. Just how many air balls I saw from him, there is where I got angry. I don't like watching him embarrassing himself, his team and Serbian basketball in general. Did not even noticed him in the last game, but I wanted to write some harsh critic on his account for some time.

I still have little faith left for him but not in the role his playing right now. I said earlier, cant stand watching him taking more than few 3pts shots per game.

LaVine was actually fouled on that shot, but of course no call was made.

And yes, Bjelica should be a ball handler & a decision maker on the second unit. I wouldn't mind if LaVine was a nominal PG ala Mario Chambers and Bjelica was a Lebron for that second unit.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves