ImageImageImage

Nemanja Bjelica

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Jukeness
Analyst
And1: 326

Re: Nemanja Bjelica 

Post#201 » by Jukeness » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:45 am

Best 6th man of all time is Detlef Shrempf.
PZiv
Veteran
And1: 828

Post#202 » by PZiv » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:38 am

Jukeness wrote:Best 6th man of all time is Detlef Shrempf.

for some it might be even Bill Walton with Celtics in 1986. But I guess everyone has his favourite.
Macho
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,422

Post#203 » by Macho » Wed Mar 6, 2013 6:13 am

Vuc N Pek wrote:
PZiv wrote:Bjelica is player who could inherit Toni Kukoc.
He can play (in EU atleast) on PG to PF.

Its pure blasphemy to even mention Bjelica in same sentence with Kukoc.Kukoc was legit 6th man in one of the best NBA teams in that time.

Bjelica inherited Teletovic position and role in Caja Laboral and now he is still behind him.Not to mention Teletovic was more psychical and better shooter in Europe(though very streaky) and even won few awards in Spain(Spanish cup MVP and 1st ACB team).Same guy now struggles in NBA, airballs open 3's and collecting DNP-CD in Nets.

I just wanna say, don't get your hopes high about him, he might surprise but its more likely he wont.

You wouldn't be saying this if he was Montenegrin :roll: Bjelica is a work in progress and has things to work on but to write him off is really ridiculous.

Teletovic is just in a bad situation, he'd be doing a lot better if he was on another team and given proper minutes to adapt to the NBA.
lobishome
Analyst
And1: 632

Post#204 » by lobishome » Wed Mar 6, 2013 8:48 am

Vuc N Pek wrote:[Its pure blasphemy to even mention Bjelica in same sentence with Kukoc.

Basically, YEAH

Bjelica is nearer of Victor Claver than Kukoc. I think Bjelica will be better, a good role player for a good team around 20 minutes per game, hopefully even more.

IMO Bjelica should come here last summer, obviously he didn't know our future injure plague but this season could be a good rookie season for him with minutes, shots, etc ...

Lets see what will be the opinion of the new General Manager and the Nemanja desires about come here or stay in Europe.

BTW, Robbie Hummel was the best player of his team last weekend, with a awesome last quarter. He won the match.
MrTwister
Sixth Man
And1: 1,081

Post#205 » by MrTwister » Wed Mar 6, 2013 4:52 pm

Macho wrote:
Vuc N Pek wrote:

Its pure blasphemy to even mention Bjelica in same sentence with Kukoc.Kukoc was legit 6th man in one of the best NBA teams in that time.

Bjelica inherited Teletovic position and role in Caja Laboral and now he is still behind him.Not to mention Teletovic was more psychical and better shooter in Europe(though very streaky) and even won few awards in Spain(Spanish cup MVP and 1st ACB team).Same guy now struggles in NBA, airballs open 3's and collecting DNP-CD in Nets.

I just wanna say, don't get your hopes high about him, he might surprise but its more likely he wont.

You wouldn't be saying this if he was Montenegrin :roll: Bjelica is a work in progress and has things to work on but to write him off is really ridiculous.

Teletovic is just in a bad situation, he'd be doing a lot better if he was on another team and given proper minutes to adapt to the NBA.

Being Montenegrin has nothing to do with Bjelica and my opinion about him.Serbians are our neighbours and I would probably praise few of them if i had someone worthy of that just think there is no room for Bjelica on PF position in Wolves, and if he comes over this summer he will probably play 3 on which he struggles in both Caja Laboral and NT, and with healthy Chase and AK i doubt he will get chance to play and develop.Beside Vucevic and Pekovic we really dont have NBA caliber players except few young guys like Ivanovic averaged 22pts 6 reb 6 assists on under 16 EC 3 years ago( u might saw this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYm5h_7-aIw) and Dubljevic(day i mentioned him on this board he injured his nose and reinjured it 2 times after that this season so i'll refrain from posting his name on this board because he might get injured again :lol: ), hell our NT wing player which was predicted as NBA material and went early in team like Real Madrid is now without club because he is headcase which has no respect for coaches (he used to fight few of them) or good work-ethic, but he is athletic beast all-around shooting threat when he has his day(which doesn't happen really often).

I am saying that Bjelica is better than any MNE player we currently have beside Vucevic and Pekovic, but IMO Bjelica ain't NBA caliber yet.It's not writing him off just being real about his skills and limitations,If he comes over and proves me wrong i will suck every word of criticism u toss on me :D
sisibilio
Head Coach
And1: 1,068

Post#206 » by sisibilio » Thu Mar 7, 2013 1:46 am

He could do it in Red Star, playing in a minor league and in a team where winning wasn't a primary concern at the time.
Unlike Bjelica Kukoc not only could play as a SG at the top level but actually did it most of his minutes in Jugoplastika.

Bjelica has ball handling that is impressive for a big man

Yes
he can play minutes as SG.

No
If you want to try to measure the elements of basketball that are supposedly unmeasurable, spend a game just watching Marc Gasol.
@MikePradaSBN

Wembanyama was created to end all LeBron vs Jordan debates
MinneOOPalis
Analyst
And1: 1,415

Post#207 » by MinneOOPalis » Sat Mar 9, 2013 5:20 am

He seems too slow and soft.
lobishome
Analyst

Post#208 » by lobishome » Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:11 pm

Today :

Bjelica : 21 min, 12 pts 7 rebs

and

Robbie Hummel : 23 min, 11 pts, 8 rebs

Henk Norel : 30 min, 25 pts, 3 rebs
[RCG]
Head Coach
And1: 135

Post#209 » by [RCG] » Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:37 pm

Sakuragi_ wrote:He seems too slow and soft.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt
LaViggins
Senior
And1: 140

Post#210 » by LaViggins » Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:00 pm

lobishome wrote:Today :

Bjelica : 21 min, 12 pts 7 rebs

and

Robbie Hummel : 23 min, 11 pts, 8 rebs

Henk Norel : 30 min, 25 pts, 3 rebs

If we decide to get Bjelica next season I would like to drop Stiemsma and pick up Norel too then ship dwill for a SG or higher pick in the draft.
lobishome
Analyst

Post#211 » by lobishome » Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:05 pm

A league source told Darren Wolfson of ESPN 1500 Twin Cities that “it’ll be a shock if Wolves European prospect Nemanja Bjelica, a 6-foot-9 small forward, isn’t in the NBA next year

Nemanja Bjelica, Caja Laboral (Minnesota Timberwolves): A league source told Darren Wolfson of ESPN 1500 Twin Cities that “it’ll be a shock if Wolves European prospect Nemanja Bjelica, a 6-foot-9 small forward, isn’t in the NBA next year.” Bjelica signed a five-year deal with Baskonia this offseason, but it included an NBA opt-out. Bjelica, despite coming off of his worst game of the Top 16 (1-of-5 for two points, one assist, one rebound in an 87-67 beatdown of Fenerbahce Ulker), has made steady improvements in each of his three Euroleague seasons so far.

2010-11: 13 games, 9 minutes, 1.2 points, 1.7 rebounds, 0.5 assists, 0.2 steals
2011-12: 10 games, 14 minutes, 4.8 points, 2.1 rebounds, 1 assist, 1.4 steals
2012-13: 19 games, 23 minutes, 10.3 points, 4.9 rebounds, 1.2 assists, 1.1 steals

Bjelica has stepped into a similar role as the one Mirza Teletovic had perfected under Coach Dusko Ivanovic as a stretch four who can pull from anywhere. However, while Mirza still has the shooting edge, the Brooklyn role player can’t drive against the closeout like Nemanja can–it’s not even close–nor is Mirza’s vision near as honed as the 6-foot-10 Serb’s, who can do far more damage out of the triple threat than he can with his back to the basket at this point.

(Teletovic’s maturation process took about six years and 4,327 ill-advised jumpers with Baskonia before he bulked up and felt comfortable hunkered down in the post, only joining the all-around Euroleague elite in his 2011-12 season.)

Unlike Teletovic, Bjelica likely projects as an NBA small forward until he adds a little more muscle, but he enjoys his biggest mismatches when playing against slower fours that have half his range and a fraction of his ball skills. Nemanja warms up many of the same spots on the floor as Andrei Kirilenko and Derrick Williams, so if he comes to Minny with the current roster intact then it might be hard to find playing time immediately.

Also, Bjelica likely won’t have the luxury of wowing coaches in the Summer League, either, as Serbia is counting on him to play a semi-starring role this summer during EuroBasket 2013 in Slovenia. But taking a summer off to play for the national team worked out all right for Nemanja’s potential teammate, rookie Alexey Shved, who won the bronze with Russia in London before playing his way into Rick Adelman’s starting line-up by mid-December.

One note on Shved before we say our goodbyes: some think Alexey’s hit a ‘rookie wall’ of late, dropping from 10.5 points before the All Star break to just 6.8 afterwards. Even if the stats have dipped, the ‘wall’ theory doesn’t stick for European prospects that played dozens of games between several leagues like Alexey: 21 Euroleague games, 23 games in the Russian PBL, and another 18 in the VTB United League add up to 62 from last season, and that’s before counting Europe’s notorious two-a-days in the midst of that grueling schedule and Olympics almost immediately thereafter.

It’s possible Shved might be wearing down physically and his numbers certainly are, but likening his stamina and experience to a draftee in his first professional season is a fruitless venture. Shved is no stranger to a full plate.
lobishome
Analyst

Post#212 » by lobishome » Mon Apr 1, 2013 7:33 pm

No, I don't want to talk about Bjlelica. I want talk about the two most important Wolves's players in Europe : Norel and Hummel.

This week, Adelman's son and some international scouting personnel on the Organization (¿) will be in my town, Santiago De Compostela, for watch Robbie Hummel. Lately he is playing really well. I know his injuries history but trust me : He is a classy player and he would be a interesting piece for the team if the injuries respect him. Time to time. He is playing all the games since four months ago and he is improving game to game.

And now I want to talk about the most FIBA important prospect for the Wolwes ... Henk Norel. He is the leader of his team, CAI Zaragoza, and he could be the perfect second center. He is the best player of his team and they could play the ACB playoffs.

Finally, I want to talk about Bjelica : I'm loosing the spectatives about him ... sometimes seems he has Sprite on his vains. You know, big talent and small character. He must show more for be a NBA player.
Saltine
Lead Assistant
And1: 911

Post#213 » by Saltine » Tue Apr 2, 2013 7:07 pm

Joan Niesen ‏@JoanNiesen

R.J. Adelman and international scout Zarko Durisic currently in Europe watching Hummel, Norel, Bjelica. Wolves hold rights to all three.

https://twitter.com/JoanNiesen
thinktank
Analyst
And1: 1,702

Post#214 » by thinktank » Tue Apr 2, 2013 8:25 pm

lobishome wrote:Finally, I want to talk about Bjelica : I'm loosing the spectatives about him ... sometimes seems he has Sprite on his vains. You know, big talent and small character. He must show more for be a NBA player.

I couldn't agree with you more on Bjelica. Very soft player.

A little off topic: Zaragoza is a great town. I was there for a Saturday night last fall and it was a blast. Not to mention a beautiful city.
"a poor addition to the board"
sisibilio
Head Coach
And1: 1,068

Post#215 » by sisibilio » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:14 pm

Another dissapointing game from Nemanja.
Quite frankly i don't see it.
If you want to try to measure the elements of basketball that are supposedly unmeasurable, spend a game just watching Marc Gasol.
@MikePradaSBN

Wembanyama was created to end all LeBron vs Jordan debates
obradorista
Freshman
And1: 4

Post#216 » by obradorista » Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:45 pm

Hummel plays for my hometown team (Obradoiro CAB from Santiago de Compostela, because of sponsorship issues aka Blu:sens Monbus).

He basically gave us the win today vs the mighty Real Madrid (truth be told, they are in the middle of their quarterfinals series in the Euroleague, but still), against their crowd, putting up 19 points (6/9 FG, 2/3 3PT), 14 4th quarter points, 7 rebounds, clutch shots and the final free throws. 19 points in a 61 - 64 game, just to be clear.

Boxscore:
http://www.acb.com/fichas/LACB57254.php
Video:
http://acbtv.acb.com/video/5936-lacb-20 ... ens_monbus

He also put up a similar performance last week against the other big club here in Spain, FC Barcelona, mostly in the clutch time letting us to go to overtime only to fall short at the end by 4 points.

Boxscore:
http://www.acb.com/fichas/LACB57245.php
Video:
http://acbtv.acb.com/video/5913-lacb-20 ... a_prorroga

He is playing A LOT better each game, started the season with a serious injury which is totally behind him now, making clutch shots, taking responsability, guarding much bigger guys (he has to play the 4 here). He had to guard extensive minutes Nathan Jawai from FC Barcelona last week and did allright - just google the guy. He makes huge advantages in pick & pop situations, baseline shots getting off screens and facing the bigger and slower 4 guys on opposite teams.

My point being, let him stay here another year please 8-)
eyeteeth
Starter
And1: 147

Post#217 » by eyeteeth » Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:49 pm

That's interesting about Hummel. I would've thought he was all but done. I guess we'll see him in summer league.
LaViggins
Senior
And1: 140

Post#218 » by LaViggins » Mon Jun 3, 2013 11:49 am

Wow tbh I didnt expect to see him get an offer after Kahn was dropped.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/report-wolves-make-offer-to-bjelica
Grits n Gravy
General Manager
And1: 1,800

Post#219 » by Grits n Gravy » Mon Jun 3, 2013 1:02 pm

Twolves_42 wrote:Wow tbh I didnt expect to see him get an offer after Kahn was dropped.

Awesome! Hope it's true - Still think he can be a helpful rotation player in time. Sooner you get him over here the better. We sure are gonna be squeezed for roster spots if he comes over and we keep our picks.
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

Post#220 » by C.lupus » Mon Jun 3, 2013 1:23 pm

Twolves_42 wrote:Wow tbh I didnt expect to see him get an offer after Kahn was dropped.

Does that source have any credibility? I have no idea who he is.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves