ImageImageImage

Nemanja Bjelica

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Dewey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,019

Re: Nemanja Bjelica 

Post#61 » by Dewey » Tue May 29, 2012 3:44 pm

dunkonu21 wrote:If we're talking about the floor of players potential and making our overall roster more talented, then no doubt this kid should be offered a roster spot. His floor is much higher than Anthony Randolph's (who I think is Barea's target for the "some people on this team will never win a championship" comment). He can compete for Tolliver's minutes as they have very similar games at their core. Worst case scenario he sits on the bench and slowly learns how to be a rotation player in the NBA. Best case, he'll give us minutes at the SF as a playmaker. He is literally as big as Rudy Gay (who is much bigger than his listed height) and we know how he has turned out in the NBA (over-blown contract aside).

Yes, if Wes, Web, Wayne, AR, AT, Darko, and Beas are given opportunity, then I see no reason this kid should not get a fair shot as well.

Seriously, I assume this is not a debate on wther he should get a chance or not...???
Flip response to Love wanting out, "He has no reason to be upset, you're either a part of the problem or a part of the solution"
Grits n Gravy
General Manager
And1: 1,800

Post#62 » by Grits n Gravy » Tue May 29, 2012 8:36 pm

pablo prigioni hits a clutch lay up with 0.9 left!...might begoing OT! lets go caja!
Grits n Gravy
General Manager

Post#63 » by Grits n Gravy » Tue May 29, 2012 8:37 pm

we're going OT
Jonelo
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#64 » by Jonelo » Tue May 29, 2012 8:40 pm

Grits n Gravy
General Manager

Post#65 » by Grits n Gravy » Tue May 29, 2012 8:45 pm

NEMANJA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The J Rocka
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,730

Post#66 » by The J Rocka » Tue May 29, 2012 8:46 pm

That was nice
Grits n Gravy
General Manager

Post#67 » by Grits n Gravy » Tue May 29, 2012 8:55 pm

good **** caja laboral, going to the finals...nemanja has 6 points 3 boards 1 assist in OT and game sealing block on a last second 3 attempt to tie.

edit: my mistake, thought it was only 3 game series, turns out its 5.
The J Rocka
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,730

Post#68 » by The J Rocka » Tue May 29, 2012 8:57 pm

I like this guy the more I watch him play. Great PF/SF to have off the bench for us.
re49gb_2gho32fp
Banned User
And1: 14

Post#69 » by re49gb_2gho32fp » Tue May 29, 2012 9:06 pm

That was a rather impressive performance towards the ends. Never thought Bjelica possessed the audacity to perform that ferocious and-one put-back.
Very much is mental with him. Great fundamentals, moves quite well, shoots decent enough. He needs complete freedom offensively to excel and display his abilities.
lobishome
Analyst
And1: 632

Post#70 » by lobishome » Tue May 29, 2012 9:30 pm

rick_21
Sophomore
And1: 26

Post#71 » by rick_21 » Tue May 29, 2012 10:31 pm

Finally he has come up to the expectations. I'm very surprised with his play lately :o
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,583

Post#72 » by Klomp » Wed May 30, 2012 2:07 am

If I had the choice of paying a 2 yr, 10 mil contrabt to Bjelica or Beasley, I'd give it to Bjelica.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Viljanen
Junior
And1: 81

Post#73 » by Viljanen » Wed May 30, 2012 6:19 am

I was wrong with this guy. Last year I thought he wasn´t nothing special but he´s got huge talent. He embodies to perfection the triple threat. He can play the SF, he´s tall and not slow at all (at least he looked faster in the dribble than his pairings). Yesterday showed that he can come up and be important during the crunch time.

If he can be taken for cheap as a reserve SF/PF and wait to see how many minutes he earns... I´d do it.
Los de Valladolid somos de los Timberwolves Jazz de toda la vida.
Grits n Gravy
General Manager

Post#74 » by Grits n Gravy » Wed May 30, 2012 8:57 am

game two on youtube:

first half
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDXaY8Ga_dg&list=FL5tWSQAWeyKgX5uo9maWvYA&index=1&feature=plpp_video[/youtube]

if you don't want to/have time to watch whole game - some highlight points for nemanja by time if interested:
1.53 - hits a spot up 3 out of short corner
2.17 - hits a nice little baseline fade away on semi break
2.43 - moves his feet well to stay in front of and bother llull shot
6.52 - grabs rebound and does well leading fast break, just loses control as passing at end but this is where a large & important part of his natural game is and should be encouraged
8.27 - BEAUTIFUL sequence you would swear was gallinari....catches in post, dribbles out to 3 point line at about 45 degree, faces man up and crosses him over going left into the lane finishing with right hand through contest and contact
10.05 - nice post entry pass(not to be undervalued with pek and klove on team) leading to circus shot make from teletovic :lol:
23.36 - gets steal and leads fast break, passes to what should have been a lay up
39.50 - misses shot with half time clock winding down but puts in his own miss with 1 second left on clock.

plays every second of first half...defends very well - contest and alters several shots very well forcing misses.

2nd half
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcCYa2cfKpg&feature=relmfu[/youtube]

8.33 - nemanja doesn't start second half and checks in with only 4 minutes to go in 3rd quarter? interesting sub pattern?....tied at halftime, now down 4.
10.45 - makes a nice but little dangerous post entry pass(not from correct/ideal angle) but leads to assist
13.50 - hits a corner, leaning back, catch and shoot 3
20.55 - great hedge on screen and uses good footwork and quick hands to get a steal.
24.48 - hits spot up 3 from the top off great guard penetration and find
30.45 - defends the post well and anticipates leading to a block
33.07 - runs in from 3 point line crashing glass on a miss lay up for tip in...gets tangled with felipe reyes, gets a little chippy.

great defense and rebounding throughout game contesting shots very well and rebounding tough on the boards

also a nice block on nikola mirotic from a regular season game last month.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjEkGTZakYA[/youtube]
Veselyfan
Sophomore
And1: 107

Post#75 » by Veselyfan » Wed May 30, 2012 10:56 am

Bjelica ranks first in the MVP rankings of the spanish playoffs,3rd best scorer,4th best rebounder... He will definitely be a Timberwovles player one day...
lobishome
Analyst

Post#76 » by lobishome » Wed May 30, 2012 11:18 am

He signed a five years contract with Baskonia, with buyout clause after the third year. This means he can end his contract this summer. I don't know the amount.
Veselyfan
Sophomore

Post#77 » by Veselyfan » Wed May 30, 2012 11:33 am

lobishome wrote:He signed a five years contract with Baskonia, with buyout clause after the third year. This means he can end his contract this summer. I don't know the amount.

The buyout clause for NBA teams is 500 000 dollars... The rest is for the player and the team(Baskonia) to discuss how much money should the player pay himself to go to the NBA...
lobishome
Analyst

Post#78 » by lobishome » Wed May 30, 2012 11:52 am

Veselyfan wrote:
lobishome wrote:He signed a five years contract with Baskonia, with buyout clause after the third year. This means he can end his contract this summer. I don't know the amount.

The buyout clause for NBA teams is 500 000 dollars... The rest is for the player and the team(Baskonia) to discuss how much money should the player pay himself to go to the NBA...

Yep, I said I don't know the buyout clause complete amount. I've read it's lower than his annual salary, $ 1.875k net income , but anyway we aren't talking about similar amounts to Ricky's buyout with Joventut. If Kahn pays $ 500k the rest is a rational amount for a rookie salary.
Veselyfan
Sophomore

Post#79 » by Veselyfan » Wed May 30, 2012 1:05 pm

I know for example that Jan Vesely paid one million dollars from his salary to Partizan for his buyout,so the total amount was 1.5 million dollars... I expect Bjelica to pay less than that...
lobishome
Analyst

Post#80 » by lobishome » Wed May 30, 2012 1:39 pm

Many international young players are interested in play for this team because is a good way for arrive to the NBA. They are experienced about players who wants play in the NBA like Calderon, Scola, Splitter, Nocioni, and this team has a good reputation in this cases. In other words, they aren't Joventut and if the Wolves wants him for 2012-13, another neverending Rubio's saga is discarded.

I think Kahn is considering him and I hope he will be working this summer with the Wolves. If the bet goes well he could be the desired wing at the next two/three years. We musn't forget the Wolves are a very young team.

[ironic on]
The problem is the team would be too much whitey : Rubio, Bjelica, Love, Pekovic ... Harden would fit perfectly for avoid it.
[ironic off]

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves