Post#682 » by Gargantua » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:20 pm

yeah thanks! good stuff.
Basti
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,678

Re: Rubio Thread Seis (VI) 

Post#683 » by Basti » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:10 am

Thanks sisibilio. Great read and watching Rubio gets fouled is something I like to see because I find it funny how he yells "EY" every time he gets fouled.
Gargantua
Freshman
And1: 12

Post#684 » by Gargantua » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:29 am

Basti wrote:Thanks sisibilio. Great read and watching Rubio gets fouled is something I like to see because I find it funny how he yells "EY" every time he gets fouled.

damn, I didn't even notice that yell until a friend told me about it some weeks ago.
Now it's all I hear, funny but really annoying :x
NikolaPekovic
Rookie
And1: 344

Post#685 » by NikolaPekovic » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:33 am

Basti wrote:Thanks sisibilio. Great read and watching Rubio gets fouled is something I like to see because I find it funny how he yells "EY" every time he gets fouled.

Haha alot of players in the NBA say "AYEEEEEE" when they get hit.

But rubios voice makes it sound so funny.
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

Post#686 » by C.lupus » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:59 am

Is that Jason Kidd or Bruce Willis?
kmgarnett21
Assistant Coach
And1: 398

Post#687 » by kmgarnett21 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:42 pm

One thing I've noticed about Ricky lately is, when he wants to get to the basket, he can. He can penetrate and get a layup off or get a foul nearly every time. Especially the past few games, when the shot clock is running down, he's driving to get off a shot or draw a foul, and he's done a fine job at doing so.

I wish he'd do it more often. Just put his head down and draw contact, finish a layup or kick it out. I don't remember him being able to penetrate at will and just get to the foul line last season like he has the past 10 games but I love it.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,571

Post#688 » by Klomp » Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:47 pm

kmgarnett21 wrote: I don't remember him being able to penetrate at will and just get to the foul line last season like he has the past 10 games but I love it.

To that point, has attempted at least 8 FTs in 6 of his last 9 games.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#689 » by Klomp » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:18 pm

In his rookie season Rubio never got to the free-throw line 10 times in one game. This season he's done it in three of his past four games. That has allowed Rubio to score consistently even with his shot still inconsistent. The fact that he is able to get to the basket and get to the line even with teams sagging off him is a testament to the quickness Rubio has regained, as is his 15.1-point average over his past seven games.

"It is a sign of his aggressiveness," Adelman said. "He is picking and choosing the right time, when he has a chance to get [to the basket] and get bumped. He is going to get to the line."

Said Rubio: "It's just that we have to be more aggressive. We have to attack more, get to the line. And, maybe, last year, I was a rookie, and they didn't call those fouls. But because we don't have Kevin [Love], who had like 20 attempts a game, we have to get those free throws."

By any measure Rubio's game has ramped up. After not scoring in double figures in his first 19 games back, he has done so in eight of his past nine, including seven straight. He has nine or more assists in seven of nine games and he has even rebounded well of late. Sunday Rubio had his second consecutive game with at least 10 points and five assists, rebounds and steals, becoming the third player in Wolves history to do that and the first since Terrell Brandon in 2001.

But the Wolves struggles have continued even as Rubio has returned to form, which has frustrated him.

"I was talking to my dad [Sunday] night," Rubio said. "And I was like, 'I never lost so many games in a season.' I lost more games in the last month than all my life, I think. I'm not going to get used to it, and I'm never going to get used to it.''

http://www.startribune.com/sports/wolves/193143151.html
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#690 » by Klomp » Fri Mar 1, 2013 5:47 am

Ricky to Shved: "Change your face. Enjoy it!" That needs to be sigged ASAP!

bestintheworld
Ballboy
And1: 2

Post#691 » by bestintheworld » Fri Mar 1, 2013 6:44 am

Klomp wrote:Ricky to Shved: "Change your face. Enjoy it!" That needs to be sigged ASAP!

That was so stupid of Rubio. Alexey has 1 of his worstest games, team is losing and he slaps his backhead and tells to enjoy it. Rubio is stupid :lol:

I want Alexey have 20+ points game and rubio 1/20 shooting game and Alexey slap his backhead and tell to enjoy it lol. They are both good players though. Alexey just have to get his shooting back to normal and Rubio learn how to shoot.
cojayar
Junior
And1: 106

Post#692 » by cojayar » Fri Mar 1, 2013 11:29 am

I think you are reading too much into this.

Ricky knows what does for an elite european player means to lose again and again. If you do not enjoy the game you will not play well. You must be angry but enjoy. Be positive. Change the face.

Where is the problem? Should he advice him to shot himself? Or to start crying? C'mon.
Grits n Gravy
General Manager
And1: 1,800

Post#693 » by Grits n Gravy » Fri Mar 1, 2013 11:44 am

ha that was a great quote was laughing my ass off when i saw it. ricky's voice is so distinctive out on the court..you can always hear him calling peoples names "ak, d will, pek" and huddling the guys up. truly a top 10 competitor in the league, love his attitude.
[RCG]
Head Coach
And1: 135

Post#694 » by [RCG] » Fri Mar 1, 2013 1:49 pm

The video:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Po5faPzrGTY[/youtube]
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt
bestintheworld
Ballboy
And1: 2

Post#695 » by bestintheworld » Fri Mar 1, 2013 2:09 pm

cojayar wrote:I think you are reading too much into this.

Ricky knows what does for an elite european player means to lose again and again. If you do not enjoy the game you will not play well. You must be angry but enjoy. Be positive. Change the face.

Where is the problem? Should he advice him to shot himself? Or to start crying? C'mon.

Maybe you are right. Just when it happened i thought it wasn't very classy. Shved had 0 points and very little minutes. He must have been very disappoined in his game. I mean everyone wants to success especially in rookie season. Maybe Rubio should just say '' Come on man just shoot you''ll be ok'' IDK. For me Rubio is anyway top 3 passer in NBA and a great player, i just want to Shved to succeed. It was just a little moment and now when i think about it, it's ok.
TMo519
Bench Warmer
And1: 25

Post#696 » by TMo519 » Fri Mar 1, 2013 3:03 pm

Man I want to win big and I want to win big with this kid. He's just a breath of fresh air out there :lol:
Gargantua
Freshman
And1: 12

Post#697 » by Gargantua » Fri Mar 1, 2013 3:04 pm

Great attitude from Ricky. Now that's a leader.
TMo519
Bench Warmer
And1: 25

Post#698 » by TMo519 » Fri Mar 1, 2013 3:06 pm

And I think the best part is when Shved actually does smile at the end, I can think that only helped his mental frame of mind at that point.
[RCG]
Head Coach
And1: 135

Post#699 » by [RCG] » Fri Mar 1, 2013 7:35 pm

TMo519 wrote:And I think the best part is when Shved actually does smile at the end, I can think that only helped his mental frame of mind at that point.

Is this before he hit his three? :wink:
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt
cynskeptical
Ballboy
And1: 5

Post#700 » by cynskeptical » Fri Mar 1, 2013 7:59 pm

http://deadspin.com/5987824/change-this ... lexy-shved
Man, why can't we live in a world where Ricky Rubio magically appears whenever we're having a bad day and tells us to turn our frowns upside down? Spilled coffee on your new shirt? Poof! There's Ricky reminding you that sea otters hold hands when they sleep next to each other so they don't float away. Totally blew that job interview? Pow! There's Ricky to tousle your hair and teach you how to say "I love you" in Spanish.

Alexey Shved finished last night's game with five points on 1-8 shooting, but he probably feels like he can take on the world this morning.
Tom Ley

:)
I hope it's Flanders

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves