ImageImageImage

Rubio Thread Seis (VI)

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

cojayar
Junior
And1: 106

Re: AW: Rubio Thread Seis (VI) 

Post#601 » by cojayar » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:15 pm

I see exactly de same way. Ask him at least 10 shots per game. 10 to 15.

I think this and sending JJ to anyone who wants him would solve many problems.
Mefisto
Banned User
And1: 2

Re: Rubio Thread Seis (VI) 

Post#602 » by Mefisto » Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:55 am

Most overated player in the league, now everybody sees that he is garbage.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,830

Post#603 » by Klomp » Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:20 am

Mefisto wrote:Most overated player in the league, now everybody sees that he is garbage.

Or maybe everybody sees that he's coming back from major surgery
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
NikolaPekovic
Rookie
And1: 344

Post#604 » by NikolaPekovic » Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:31 am

Mefisto wrote:Most overated player in the league, now everybody sees that he is garbage.

the first game derrick rose gets back im sure he will be "garbage" too. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 28,612

Post#605 » by UcanUwill » Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:24 pm

Mefisto wrote: ...

Most if not all of his guys comments has been trolling hate posts. Why he is still allowed to post?
Mattya
RealGM
And1: 6,314

Post#606 » by Mattya » Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:10 pm

Mefisto wrote:I'm a idiot.

We know you are. You didn't have to come all the way over here to let us know. Thanks for stopping by though.
Kironte
Senior
And1: 9

Post#607 » by Kironte » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:55 am

kmgarnett21
Assistant Coach
And1: 398

Post#608 » by kmgarnett21 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:36 pm

Let me guess...you're from Puerto Rico?

So many JJ fans hate Rubio. It's (Please Use More Appropriate Word).
NewWolves
Sophomore
And1: 4

Post#609 » by NewWolves » Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:46 pm

kmgarnett21 wrote:

He he - Does JJ really have a fan base? In any case, I have to add that so many of Rubio fans hate JJ (not particularly myself...I kind of like Barea). So it goes both ways.
NikolaPekovic
Rookie
And1: 344

Post#610 » by NikolaPekovic » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:26 am

We would all like barea if he didnt get as much minutes as he does. Hes meant for quick spurts like the mavs used him.
theGreatRC
RealGM
And1: 4,882

Post#611 » by theGreatRC » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:32 am

I would have honestly given the last possession of the Cats game to AK and let him figure out what he wanted to do with it. I know he has had a couple of turnovers late in ball games, but I still trust his decision making than just giving it to JJ.
Dysfunctional Wolves fan
urinesane
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,882

Post#612 » by urinesane » Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:37 am

That's why it's great that Adelman is back. He brings stability and is great at helping his players succeed.

Rubio has been improving, but I think Adelman will help him get back to his normal play quicker.
lobishome
Analyst
And1: 632

Post#613 » by lobishome » Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:06 am

kmgarnett21 wrote:

I don't know if Mefisto is really from Puerto Rico, but the fans are wrong many times, JJ and Ricky have a great relationship.

Perhaps has Zuleika a sister? :tooth
lobishome
Analyst
And1: 632

Post#614 » by lobishome » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:01 pm

1. Which NBA point guard is the best passer?

Kevin Arnovitz, ESPN.com: Steve Nash, Rajon Rondo, Chris Paul would get no arguments from me, but I'll still vote for Andre Miller. It's not difficult to distinguish when a player is offering an idle compliment and when he's sincerely complimenting a guy. To that effect, know what makes LaMarcus Aldridge's face light up? A discussion about what it's like to be a big man with Miller at the point. Marcus Camby and Kenyon Martin will say the same thing about Miller's capacity to deliver the ball precisely where they wanted it. Among his peers, Miller is an all-time great.

D.J. Foster, ClipperBlog: Ricky Rubio. Similar to how the loss of a sense can heighten others, Rubio's court vision is enhanced simply because he has nothing else to use offensively. If he could hit a jumper or regularly break his man down off the dribble, the openings for Rubio's incredible passes would only multiply.

David Hopkins, The Two Man Game: Is there anybody in the NBA who loves to pass more than Rajon Rondo? He is the quintessential passer -- in that he doesn't only give his teammate the ball, he also gives his teammate an easy shot once it's in his hands. But with Rondo out for the rest of the season, I might say Ricky Rubio instead. Rubio hasn't been very efficient this season, but those passes sure are pretty.

Brett Koremenos, HoopSpeak: Ricky Rubio. It's hard not to pick Steve Nash or Chris Paul, especially with Rubio struggling coming back from an ACL, but Rubio is just in a class by himself.

Jeremy Schmidt, Bucksketball: He hasn't been around long and he's pretty flawed as a shooter and finisher, but Ricky Rubio is in a class by himself as a passer. Even in the short time he's been back on the court since tearing his ACL he's completed passes few other point guards in the league would even have the courage to try.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/page/5-on-5-130129/nba-best-passer-shooter-defender-point-guard
NewWolves
Sophomore
And1: 4

Post#615 » by NewWolves » Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:16 pm

theGreatRC wrote:I would have honestly given the last possession of the Cats game to AK and let him figure out what he wanted to do with it. I know he has had a couple of turnovers late in ball games, but I still trust his decision making than just giving it to JJ.

That last play was made for Luke in the timeout (who was hot all night), but Cats close on him very well - and there was nothing else to do, but to drop it to JJ.
kmgarnett21
Assistant Coach
And1: 398

Post#616 » by kmgarnett21 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:25 pm

lobishome wrote:
kmgarnett21 wrote:

I don't know if Mefisto is really from Puerto Rico, but the fans are wrong many times, JJ and Ricky have a great relationship.

Perhaps has Zuleika a sister? :tooth

I'm not talking about Ricky vs JJ personally. I'm talking about JJ fans. They are obnoxious. They worship the guy like he's Michael freakin' Jordan. And they despise Rubio.

I, too, wish we'd use Barea the way the Mavs did. Someone in the coaching staff needs to tell Barea to change his game. He's great for us when he's attacking but finding others. When he goes into hero mode and attacks only to score, taking on 3 defenders who are all taller than him is when he does nothing but kills the team.

I'll admit, Barea has probably been the primary reason for at least 3 or 4 wins this season, but he's also been the primary reason for at least 3 or 4 losses himself.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#617 » by Klomp » Sun Feb 3, 2013 7:30 am

I missed this

Enough time has passed that Wolves coach Rick Adelman no longer has to deal with Rubio's playing-time limit.

"They say he can play 32 and that's about what he's going to play anyway," Adelman said, "so I don't really think about it."
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#618 » by Klomp » Sun Feb 3, 2013 7:34 am

Because of the one-sided nature of Saturday's 115-86 victory over New Orleans, Rubio did not play in the fourth quarter and wound up with just 22 minutes. Still, he finished with nine points on 3-for-5 shooting, seven assists and a steal. Over his last four games, Rubio is averaging 10.3 points on 46.9 percent shooting, 6.5 assists and 2.5 steals.

"I've been afraid for my knee since Day 1," said Rubio of his surgically repaired left knee. "But now I'm starting to not think about it at all. I'm more comfortable, I can attack more the rim. Sometimes I feel a little slow, but I'm getting better."

http://www.startribune.com/sports/wolves/189531861.html

Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#619 » by Klomp » Sun Feb 3, 2013 7:42 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhx1y9jxUpw[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBcM5Ua56Xo[/youtube]

southern wolf
General Manager
And1: 2,163

Post#620 » by southern wolf » Sun Feb 3, 2013 8:52 am

You forget when you're not playing basketball yourself how much general fatigue hurts your game. Obviously the knee is his major concern, but when you've been out for as long as Ricky has it would take a long time to get back in 'game shape' and be able to run out games. His knee has probably been fine recently, but he could still be struggling to get that aerobic fitness back.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves