Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

lobishome
Analyst
And1: 632

Re: Rubio Thread Seis (VI) 

Post#461 » by lobishome » Mon Dec 3, 2012 10:22 am

Basti wrote:Looked like he was about his average %

:clown:

But yeah I'm not really surprised (neither negatively nor positively) about the comments by the staff and Ricky. He still needs a lot time to get fully back but everyone knows it anyway.

Yep, he needs more than 5 days for recover his aerobic capacity, and without it you can't shoot nor think.

I know dudes, not pros, who can do 100 km on his bicycle, averaging 35 km/h after six months injured, with only two weeks practicing. Ricky plays professional basket since 8 years, surely he has a good aerobic recovery capacity. Perhaps he could play vs Oklakoma (20) or Houston (26).
Foye
Club Captain- German Soccer
And1: 3,456

Post#462 » by Foye » Mon Dec 3, 2012 11:17 am

lobishome wrote:

But yeah I'm not really surprised (neither negatively nor positively) about the comments by the staff and Ricky. He still needs a lot time to get fully back but everyone knows it anyway.

Yep, he needs more than 5 days for recover his aerobic capacity, and without it you can't shoot nor think.

I know dudes, not pros, who can do 100 km on his bicycle, averaging 35 km/h after six months injured, with only two weeks practicing. Ricky plays professional basket since 8 years, surely he has a good aerobic recovery capacity. Perhaps he could play vs Oklakoma (20) or Houston (26).

35 km/h aren't that high of a speed...unless there are mountains included.
Actually, I'm not a well trained person but I guess I could do 100km at 35 km/h on a medium difficulty on my hometrainer, too, if I wanted to.

I usually stop after 1 hour, knowing that I could easily ride at least another hour at this pace but it's getting boring quite fast...and my back hates riding bicycle. :lol:

Obviously, it's a different story when you just had a knee surgery but I think you can get to this point relatively fast.
lobishome
Analyst

Post#463 » by lobishome » Mon Dec 3, 2012 12:01 pm

Foye wrote:
lobishome wrote:

Actually, I'm not a well trained person but I guess I could do 100km at 35 km/h on a medium difficulty on my hometrainer, too, if I wanted to.

I usually stop after 1 hour, knowing that I could easily ride at least another hour at this pace but it's getting boring quite fast...and my back hates riding bicycle. :lol:

Obviously, it's a different story when you just had a knee surgery but I think you can get to this point relatively fast.

35 km/h (3 hours), along 100 km, alone against the wind, in Galicia (you can't find 1 km plain) is a really good average for an amateur. I doubt you can find 10 NBA players who can do it without training.

I only say a dude like Ricky (young and pro since 8 years) can recover a good aerobic level with only 2/3 weeks.
BamBam9
Junior
And1: 11

Post#464 » by BamBam9 » Mon Dec 3, 2012 12:23 pm

lobishome wrote:

Perhaps he could play vs Oklakoma (20) or Houston (26).

At the latest, I would say (23) vs NY in the MSG, he has already said that it is his dream play there, so...

But I think the (12)-(15) could have a few minutes...
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,428

Post#465 » by shrink » Mon Dec 3, 2012 12:56 pm

lobishome wrote:
Foye wrote:
lobishome wrote: I know dudes, not pros, who can do 100 km on his bicycle, averaging 35 km/h after six months injured, with only two weeks practicing. Ricky plays professional basket since 8 years, surely he has a good aerobic recovery capacity. Perhaps he could play vs Oklakoma (20) or Houston (26).

35 km/h (3 hours), along 100 km, alone against the wind, in Galicia (you can't find 1 km plain) is a really good average for an amateur. I doubt you can find 10 NBA players who can do it without training.

I only say a dude like Ricky (young and pro since 8 years) can recover a good aerobic level with only 2/3 weeks.

I believe Foye can do this on his trainer but it's different out on the bike. I cycle, and 35 km/h for three hours is really tough on the open road because the faster you go, the more wind resistance is pushing you back. I can only stay there (21.7 mph for us Americans) if I've got a tailwind, or I'm drafting. You also never get perfectly flat roads either and of course, you'd need to find 65 miles of open road without stoplights to maintain an average like that.
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
lobishome
Analyst

Post#466 » by lobishome » Mon Dec 3, 2012 1:24 pm

Foye wrote:I usually stop after 1 hour, knowing that I could easily ride at least another hour at this pace but it's getting boring quite fast...and my back hates riding bicycle. :lol:

BTW, I know something of this and if you stop after 1 hour then you aren't a good biker and probably you must find a 100 km long downhill for average 35km/h.

A good rider still hasn't warmed after 1 hour on the bicycle.

:D
Foye

Post#467 » by Foye » Mon Dec 3, 2012 4:50 pm

lobishome wrote:
Foye wrote:I usually stop after 1 hour, knowing that I could easily ride at least another hour at this pace but it's getting boring quite fast...and my back hates riding bicycle. :lol:

BTW, I know something of this and if you stop after 1 hour then you aren't a good biker and probably you must find a 100 km long downhill for average 35km/h.

its not like i'm done.after 1 hour...its more like my.mind tells me its to.boring.to continue lob. i kind of expected you meant the dude rides on his hometrainer. my fault then. with wind its obviously a much harder thing to.do....
i think even an untrained person would probably be able to ride 100km on a medium difficulty on a home trainer pretty fast...unless of course said person is heavily overweight.

riding bicycle along with running are the most boring types of sportsi can think of though. different story is swimming. i have no trouble doing that for three hours in a row because for whatever reason it doesnt bore me as much as riding bicycle or running.
Foye

Post#468 » by Foye » Mon Dec 3, 2012 4:52 pm

and swimming is much better for your back than riding bicycle is obviously. sry my post is a bit confusing. posted from my phone.
Varejao17
Rookie
And1: 165

Post#469 » by Varejao17 » Mon Dec 3, 2012 6:14 pm

What about Rubio?
props to C.lupus
sisibilio
Head Coach
And1: 1,070

Post#470 » by sisibilio » Mon Dec 3, 2012 6:30 pm

Foye wrote:
lobishome wrote:

its not like i'm done.after 1 hour...its more like my.mind tells me its to.boring.to continue lob. i kind of expected you meant the dude rides on his hometrainer. my fault then. with wind its obviously a much harder thing to.do....
i think even an untrained person would probably be able to ride 100km on a medium difficulty on a home trainer pretty fast...unless of course said person is heavily overweight.

100 km? That'd be nearly 4 hours. An untrained person wouldn't be able to walk for days after that.
If you want to try to measure the elements of basketball that are supposedly unmeasurable, spend a game just watching Marc Gasol.
@MikePradaSBN

Wembanyama was created to end all LeBron vs Jordan debates
Foye

Post#471 » by Foye » Mon Dec 3, 2012 8:36 pm

with pretty fast i meant within a couple of weeks...not right at the.first day :D
sisibilio
Head Coach
And1: 1,070

Post#472 » by sisibilio » Mon Dec 3, 2012 9:11 pm

A couple months maybe, and even that seems excessive.
If by untrained person we understand someone who hasn't done any excercise for years but walking 1 or 2 miles a day.
If you want to try to measure the elements of basketball that are supposedly unmeasurable, spend a game just watching Marc Gasol.
@MikePradaSBN

Wembanyama was created to end all LeBron vs Jordan debates
LaViggins
Senior
And1: 140

Post#473 » by LaViggins » Mon Dec 3, 2012 9:45 pm

Joe Schmit ‏@joe_schmit
We've got video of Ricky Rubio workout today at 6. Source tells me he wants 1st game to be at home against Dallas on Dec. 15th.
Foye

Post#474 » by Foye » Mon Dec 3, 2012 9:56 pm

sisibilio wrote:A couple months maybe, and even that seems excessive.
If by untrained person we understand someone who hasn't done any excercise for years but walking 1 or 2 miles a day.

Maybe if we are talking about a person in the high 30's or older or something. Younger people certainly can do it much faster if we are actually talking about doing it just once in a while, not on a regular basis.
BamBam9
Junior

Post#475 » by BamBam9 » Mon Dec 3, 2012 10:27 pm

Varejao17 wrote:What about Rubio?

10-15 days.
cojayar
Junior
And1: 106

Post#476 » by cojayar » Tue Dec 4, 2012 11:11 am

lobishome wrote:I know dudes, not pros, who can do 100 km on his bicycle, averaging 35 km/h after six months injured, with only two weeks practicing. Ricky plays professional basket since 8 years, surely he has a good aerobic recovery capacity. Perhaps he could play vs Oklakoma (20) or Houston (26).

Yes, and I know people who can sleep 20 hours or drink 4 liters of beer. Does it help to you or to the discussion?

You already said it. They are not pros. They are not delivering the pros speed (ie. cycling at 45 km/h during 200 km). The same can be said about Ricky. He does not have "to play" 30 min. He has to play at the higher level (the NBA) 30 min. Not on his neighborhood.
lobishome
Analyst

Post#477 » by lobishome » Tue Dec 4, 2012 11:43 am

cojayar wrote:They are not delivering the pros speed (ie. cycling at 45 km/h during 200 km). The same can be said about Ricky. He does not have "to play" 30 min. He has to play at the higher level (the NBA) 30 min. Not on his neighborhood.

45 km/h in a 200 km individual time trial? Yep .... with a rocket into the ass.
southern wolf
General Manager
And1: 2,163

Post#478 » by southern wolf » Tue Dec 4, 2012 1:08 pm

The Wolves need to get Adrian Peterson to coach Rubio through the rest of his recovery. Peterson has made the perfect return from an ACL injury. I don't follow the NFL that closely, but the guy is incredible.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,830

Post#479 » by Klomp » Tue Dec 4, 2012 1:16 pm

southern wolf wrote:The Wolves need to get Adrian Peterson to coach Rubio through the rest of his recovery. Peterson has made the perfect return from an ACL injury. I don't follow the NFL that closely, but the guy is incredible.

Adrian Peterson is far from the norm though. We shouldn't be placing those expectations n Ricky.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
BamBam9
Junior

Post#480 » by BamBam9 » Tue Dec 4, 2012 6:38 pm

Play football is not the same that play basketball, the body moves are different, and the rehab exercises may also be different ...

Soccer players can also be recovered in 5-6 months.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves