Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,857

Re: Rubio Thread Seis (VI) 

Post#571 » by Klomp » Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:48 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6uhz15sBWw[/youtube]
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
TMo519
Bench Warmer
And1: 25

Post#572 » by TMo519 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:17 pm

Ricky for slam dunk comp?
lobishome
Analyst
And1: 632

Post#573 » by lobishome » Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:40 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQmLSxj-Nis[/youtube]
kmgarnett21
Assistant Coach
And1: 398

Post#574 » by kmgarnett21 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:16 pm

Question:

Why does Rubio always have to be on the court with Barea? That seems to diminish Rubio's abilities, having a 5'9 chucker out there. I'd rather Rubio play with Ridnour or Shved in the backcourt, but it seems like when Rubio's out there, it's always with Barea.
phonzadellika
Rookie
And1: 178

Post#575 » by phonzadellika » Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:32 pm

kmgarnett21 wrote:Question:

Why does Rubio always have to be on the court with Barea? That seems to diminish Rubio's abilities, having a 5'9 chucker out there. I'd rather Rubio play with Ridnour or Shved in the backcourt, but it seems like when Rubio's out there, it's always with Barea.

I like the Rubio/Barea pairing. Rubio's D overcomes Barea's weaknesses, Rubio has 3 other guys that he can try to set up and if it doesn't take then he just dumps it to JJ and lets him play hero-ball.

Although JJ can get a little obnxious when he brings the ball up himself and ignores everyone else on the court. It's almost shocking to me that someone who is 5'9" can make it in the NBA without even pretending to pass the ball every once and awhile.
kmgarnett21
Assistant Coach
And1: 398

Post#576 » by kmgarnett21 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:42 pm

phonzadellika wrote:

I like the Rubio/Barea pairing. Rubio's D overcomes Barea's weaknesses, Rubio has 3 other guys that he can try to set up and if it doesn't take then he just dumps it to JJ and lets him play hero-ball.

Although JJ can get a little obnxious when he brings the ball up himself and ignores everyone else on the court. It's almost shocking to me that someone who is 5'9" can make it in the NBA without even pretending to pass the ball every once and awhile.

I just get tired of his Kobe mentality. Barea can be a GREAT asset to this team, if he plays right. Now, when we're struggling to get anything going, I'm fine with him going Kobe-mode and jacking up shots left and right. But there have been several times where we're making a run and he jacks up an ill-advised shot or turns it over and kills momentum.

If he made as many good plays as he does bad, then I can live with that. But, to me, it seems like he forces it more often than we need him to. In the past 10 games, he's shooting 39% from the field. For all the crap Love took for shooting so much and having a poor FG%, Barea is doing the same damn thing right now.
lobishome
Analyst

Post#577 » by lobishome » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:50 pm

http://www.startribune.com/sports/wolves/187391971.html?refer=y

Ricky wrote:"It's tough, I'm not going to hide it... It's tough when you're playing and there are no more bodies there, but that's no excuse. We are professionals. We're going to be here and I think the players who are healthy have to step up and do a better job".

"And [I'm] still not 100 percent. It's tough, like I said, but we have two ways to do it: One: Complaining because of all the injuries and all this stuff. I don't think that is the way. And the way is, be a man. I think we have to step up. Everybody has to know his new role. Every game it's changing and that's hard to do, but we are here and we are going to do it. We have to win. That is why we are here, and to have fun. I don't think we are having fun..."

"Everybody going to change it. I'm going to try to change it, too. I'm going to work hard and try to do whatever I need to do. I'm really frustrated right now, especially with me. Well, we're going to change it".

Grits n Gravy
General Manager
And1: 1,800

Post#578 » by Grits n Gravy » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:23 pm

you can read klove?
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#579 » by Klomp » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:46 pm

Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Basti
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,678

Post#580 » by Basti » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:21 pm

:clap: Now that's a leader!

(No shot at Love intended, though.)
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#581 » by Klomp » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:22 am

“@APkrawczynski: Rubio 7 pts, 6 assists in season-high 30 mins. Porter said he was trying to get him out at the end but thought Rubio was stalling to stay in”

Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#582 » by Klomp » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:52 pm

“@JerryZgoda: File this in case it becomes important someday: Ricky said he'lll go straight home today. "It's too cold," said -5 "can't be real"”

C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

Post#583 » by C.lupus » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:02 pm

Klomp wrote:
“@JerryZgoda: File this in case it becomes important someday: Ricky said he'lll go straight home today. "It's too cold," said -5 "can't be real"”

Why would that be file-worthy Mr. Zgoda?

And pfft @ -5. It was -37 here this morning.
NewWolves
Sophomore
And1: 4

Post#584 » by NewWolves » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:18 pm

Because Ricky cannot seem to make a shot to safe his life....for me (and this is something we spaniards have criticize always of Ricky) is not that he misses the shots - but instead that HE NEVER take them. Wolves brought Barea here to be aggressive and take shots, so it shouldn't be surprising that he does just that. As a previous posters stated...I like when they pair up, because one fill each other weakness.
Bittertown
Sophomore
And1: 11

Post#585 » by Bittertown » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:36 pm

NewWolves wrote:

Because Ricky cannot seem to make a shot to safe his life....for me (and this is something we spaniards have criticize always of Ricky) is not that he misses the shots - but instead that HE NEVER take them. Wolves brought Barea here to be aggressive and take shots, so it shouldn't be surprising that he does just that. As a previous posters stated...I like when they pair up, because one fill each other weakness.

So why have Rubio on the floor on offense ? If Barea is dribbling around for 20 seconds Rubio is just useless because he is a terrible shooter. Ricky's strength is to create. You say Barea fills Rubio's weakness but what I see is that Barea takes away of his best strengths.
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

Post#586 » by C.lupus » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:48 pm

I actually like the Rubio/Ridnour combo with Ricky setting up Luke for jumpers. Then bring in JJ and Shved off the bench for that extra energy.
Bittertown
Sophomore
And1: 11

Post#587 » by Bittertown » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:54 pm

Yeah, I think to play alongside Rubio at the 2, Ridnour Shved and Gelabale are better options, but Adelman and TP seem to think otherwise for some reason...
NewWolves
Sophomore
And1: 4

Post#588 » by NewWolves » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:13 pm

Bittertown wrote:Yeah, I think to play alongside Rubio at the 2, Ridnour Shved and Gelabale are better options, but Adelman and TP seem to think otherwise for some reason...

Yes..and we definitely know better than those guys, but for some reason....

Also, in the last games when we pair Ricky with JJ - its Ricky who handles the ball. JJ is being use more as a last 8/second option, if the play doesn't run as planned. He's not dribbling the ball 20 seconds, neither is Ricky. I personally prefer paring JJ with Shved, but hes not available.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#589 » by Klomp » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:53 pm

Bittertown wrote:Yeah, I think to play alongside Rubio at the 2, Ridnour Shved and Gelabale are better options, but Adelman and TP seem to think otherwise for some reason...

When you have so many injuries, there aren't many combos you can put out there.

Gelabale needs to be saved to be Kirilenko's backup and we haven't had Shved the past two games. That leaves the three PGs to rotate between PG and SG. That means a lot of Rubio and Barea together.

lobishome
Analyst

Post#590 » by lobishome » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:37 am

I think the solution for all this is Ricky shooting 15 times per game ... at least. The defenders are floating him too much, and this isn't a option. Ricky has 0/11 3 pts (I think) and he isn't so bad shooter. His obsession about the shot selection produces the opposite effect : He is shooting bad and under preassure.

I can't understand why nobody of the staff can't force him to do it.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves