yardbarker

NCAA Wiretap Headlines

Rubio Thread Seis (VI)

Moderators: Basti, C.lupus, Klomp

Post#661 Re: Rubio Thread Seis (VI)
Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:18 pm by kmgarnett21

I thought this was hilarious. After the Cavs/Wolves game, SportsCenter did a segment on Rubio, but all Legler talked about was Rubio's turnovers and how he needs to cut down on them and shoot at a higher percentage. He didn't mention one second that 1) Rubio's coming off major surgery or 2) that Rubio's been playing at a decent level the past 2 weeks. All the ESPN moron talked about was criticizing him for the turnovers and poor shooting. What a tool.
kmgarnett21

Analyst
And1: 173

Post#662 Re: Rubio Thread Seis (VI)
Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:31 pm by Elendur

Hi everybody!

and "'Taluego" :wave:
Supporting Minnesota teams from Spain since Ricky Rubio was "impressive" at the airport.
Elendur

Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#663 Re: Rubio Thread Seis (VI)
Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:43 pm by Mattya

Ricky gave him the sexy eyes.
Mattya

Head Coach
And1: 878

Post#664 Rubio is back
Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:38 am by nbanflguy

After tearing his acl late last season, Ricky Rubio worked hard to rehab and get back to playing the game he loves. He came back around the time you would expect someone to return from acl surgey, buthe was not the same player from last year, not even close. Through 15 games he was shooting only 23% from the field and looked tentative and scared. There was flashes of his former self, but thats all it was, just flashes. Now he finally looks to have shook off the rust and tentative mindset and he is back to the Ricky we saw last year.

Last 10 games:
13.1 ppg
8.6 apg
3.2 rpg
2.4 spg
42% from the field
33% from 3

This is while missing most of the team. He looks like the Rubio of old and hopefully he continues to improves.
nbanflguy
Ballboy
And1: 2

Post#665 Re: Rubio Thread Seis (VI)
Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:01 am by Malato

Pek... You are an awesome player but... just listen to Rubio, please:

Malato
Junior
And1: 4

Post#666 Re: Rubio Thread Seis (VI)
Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:41 am by Murphs56

Malato wrote:Pek... You are an awesome player but... just listen to Rubio, please:

He'll never listen
Murphs56
Bench Warmer
And1: 138

Post#667 Re: Rubio Thread Seis (VI)
Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:43 am by NikolaPekovic

no other point guard i would want on my team :D
NikolaPekovic
Senior
And1: 56

Post#668 Re: Rubio Thread Seis (VI)
Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:28 am by Whateva

last 6 games :

15ppg
3.5 rpg
10.0 apg
2.33 spg
Whateva
Pro Prospect
And1: 1

Post#669 Re: Rubio Thread Seis (VI)
Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:42 am by kmgarnett21

All of the Pek hate is getting a little too much for me.

Also, I think it takes a large amount of energy for him to dunk it. Yes, he's 6'10 or whatever, but he's also 300 freakin pounds and he's not very athletic. He showed to start the 3rd qtr last night he can dunk, and he probably should as often as possible, but he's not going to be dunking on people like a prime Shaq used to.
kmgarnett21

Analyst
And1: 173

Post#670 Re: Rubio Thread Seis (VI)
Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:06 am by C.lupus

I think Pek is really missing Love's presence.

Back to Rubio...nice game last night. It would have been nice to get the triple dub but oh well. I think the ten boards was initially a mistake. It seemed like Benz was saying he had 8 then next thing he said he had ten, then a couple minutes later he said they dropped it to nine.

Ricky really seems to ramp up his intensity in the fourth, trying to will his team to the victory. It's just too bad he doesn't have enough help. Guys are trying, they are just out-manned.
C.lupus

Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 3,917

Post#671 Re: Rubio Thread Seis (VI)
Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:56 pm by AttackTheRack

Way way outmanned.Thats an NBA team in name only.RR should get a cut of ticket sales.He's the only cat worth watching out there.
AttackTheRack
Sophomore
And1: 19

Post#672 Re: Rubio Thread Seis (VI)
Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:24 am by Malato

Malato
Junior
And1: 4

Post#673 Re: Rubio Thread Seis (VI)
Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:12 pm by Klomp

Malato wrote:Image

Faked the camera guy out
DusterBuster wrote:Klomp is like the ultimate troll mod.

Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.
Klomp

Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 1,840

Post#674 Re: Rubio Thread Seis (VI)
Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:21 pm by Klomp

Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.
Klomp

Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#675 Re: Rubio Thread Seis (VI)
Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:59 am by Basti

Klomp wrote:http://hoopshype.com/videos/hoopshype/r ... st-amazing

Ricky is an awesome and very likable dude. The joy in his eyes when he talks about Rick was impressive to see. He also misses Love badly.

I wish I could have watched more games recently to see Ricky balling again. I guess I won't be able to watch many games in the next few weeks either. Too much work ahead :(
Basti

Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 1,480

Post#676 Re: Rubio Thread Seis (VI)
Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:54 am by lobishome

Klomp wrote:
Malato wrote:Image

Faked the camera guy out

Nah, the Rubio's face was funner to watch than the dunk.

Basti wrote:
Klomp wrote:http://hoopshype.com/videos/hoopshype/r ... st-amazing

Ricky is an awesome and very likable dude. The joy in his eyes when he talks about Rick was impressive to see. He also misses Love badly.

I wish I could have watched more games recently to see Ricky balling again. I guess I won't be able to watch many games in the next few weeks either. Too much work ahead :(

I think Ricky could never speak bad words about Adelman and Kahn, except in a unexpected scenario (Kahn finds Rubio with his wife or something like that). Also, the Adelman's personal situation requires love and understanding, not bad words.

But the fact is this season is almost done and we must talk about the next. I Think Adelman will continue with team, but I don't if Love and Kahn will do it. And after watch the video I have some questions about this :

Who will be the GM at next season?

Will Kevin Love be with us next season? and if the answer is NO, What kind of players must we sign, young players, veterans or a mix?

When the team will do a contract extension offer to Rubio? Was he willing to sign?

What kind of project we'll have? Long term, medium term, short term, no term? Until Taylor can find interested investors?

Who ... Will be ... When ... What :dontknow:
Ricky / Lavine / Wiggins / Bennett / Dieng :pray:
lobishome
Analyst
And1: 162

Post#677 Re: Rubio Thread Seis (VI)
Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:39 pm by Klomp

Klomp

Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#678 Re: Rubio Thread Seis (VI)
Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:49 pm by Klomp

“@APkrawczynski: Rubio was asked how he saw Beal for the baseline between legs pass in rising stars game: "I have eyes in my back."”

Klomp

Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#679 Re: Rubio Thread Seis (VI)
Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:24 pm by Devilzsidewalk

Klomp wrote:http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/bdl-interview-ricky-rubio-being-fancy-becoming-leader-220828836--nba.html

Try to run the team as a point guard, as a man. - Ricky Rubio

I love that quote.
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 1,694

Post#680 Re: Rubio Thread Seis (VI)
Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:01 pm by sisibilio

http://nba.si.com/2013/02/25/ricky-rubi ... berwolves/
Great article about Ricky's renaissance :)

Players who capture the NBA world’s imagination have the misfortune of bearing the highest of public hopes, and it was under that burden that Ricky Rubio’s season seemed buried.

The point guard’s return from the ACL tear that he sustained in March was highly anticipated after his exhilarating rookie season. That the injury-plagued Timberwolves badly needed the spark he provided as a first-year player and the promise that his very presence might provide only added to the expectations.

But when Rubio finally did make his season debut on Dec. 15, he looked to be a completely different player. Some rust was to be expected after nine months without game action, but as the weeks wore on, Rubio only seemed to grow more tentative. The charms of his game were unsettled by worry and likely by lingering soreness, and the Wolves did their best to compete alongside a poor imitation of their franchise-changing floor leader.

I couldn’t tell you what happened to Rubio on Feb. 3 (a cosmic event? A particularly focused meditation session? An especially fulfilling meal?), but in a single off-day he reverted to wonderfully spirited form. Rubio had shown glimpses of his fuller game on rare occasions, but it was in a close loss to the Trail Blazers that the Spaniard finally rediscovered his basketball self. He finished with 15 points and 14 assists, and the 22-year-old hasn’t looked back since. In the last nine games, Rubio has averaged 15 points, 9.9 assists, 3.8 turnovers and 3.2 steals per 36 minutes while playing far more aggressively with the ball.

The fact that his scoring has jumped so significantly isn’t a coincidence of hot shooting, but a product of Rubio’s will. The tentativeness that defined his first 19 games is mostly absent of late, as Rubio has consistently made it a point to probe and attack defenses off the dribble. That’s quite an adjustment for a player whose lack of confidence around the rim has occasionally deterred him from driving, but the payoff has been profound. Here are a series of half-court plays showing Rubio’s assertiveness in getting into the paint and drawing fouls:
If you want to try to measure the elements of basketball that are supposedly unmeasurable, spend a game just watching Marc Gasol.
@MikePradaSBN
sisibilio
Lead Assistant
And1: 335

PreviousNext

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves