ImageImageImage

Derrick Williams: Time to Move On?

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Derrick Williams: Stay or Go?

He didn't pan out and it's time to get value back while we can.
58%
Keep him! Only letting him go in the perfect deal.
42%

Total votes: 132

[RCG]
Head Coach
And1: 135

Re: Derrick Williams: Time to Move On? 

Post#421 » by [RCG] » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:00 pm

Derrick Williams can shoot and he can drive he has a ton of potential but he has never been consistent, even within the same game. He'll flash and then disappear. He is being developed though. According to the Wolves announcers and other sources he has been going through extra drills with the assistant coaches before the games as well as on his own. So he's putting in the work, hopefully it starts to pay off. I really like the kid, who is only 21 after all, and hope he succeeds.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt
Mattya
RealGM
And1: 6,282

Post#422 » by Mattya » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:10 pm

mmmdk wrote:Derrick Williams is a tweener, granted, but so is Thaddeus Young and Thad's doing really well. But why does Adelman want to turn Williams into a shooter? Williams may be a tweener but is athletic & stronger than coaching staff acknowledges and hence Williams himself. Williams was draftes a wee bit too high but he's not being developped AT ALL by Adelman; I've lost all respect for Adelman - he's the truely overrated one!

I hate this train of thought so much. Adelman has won us games by himself with how good of a coach he is, but you have lost all respect for him because of how he handled Williams. I would love to know what you would have done in Adelman's position. Cost your team wins when you are trying to stay in the playoffs by playing a struggling player, while also making that player look even worse. Or sit the player try to stay in the hunt and hope that that player works through his slump. Sometimes coaches are just in a no win situations with fans like this.
mmmdk
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#423 » by mmmdk » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:30 pm

This just out...T-Wolves are not contenders, not last season, now or next season. Alas, injuries has crippled the chances of even an 8th seed! So what's the plan Ad-Man? More wins for the CV and the next job? Ok, so "all respect lost" for Adelman was a bit harsh, he's trying to build a winning culture but maybe Williams is just the wrong fit yet it's well known that Adelman deconstructs young players to mold them into his ways of BB and that I don't respect. Derrick Williams will be his own player but he's just as talented as a Thad Young and T-Wolves should trade Williams instead of turning sour on him. I've read about the extra work the coaching staff and Williams is putting effort into - good - 'cos Derrick Williams was a late bloomer as a college player. I'm not selling Williams as a true # 2 pick but more like the worth of a 1st round pick in the 10th-17th pick range.
Mattya
RealGM

Post#424 » by Mattya » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:49 pm

mmmdk wrote:This just out...T-Wolves are not contenders, not last season, now or next season. Alas, injuries has crippled the chances of even an 8th seed! So what's the plan Ad-Man? More wins for the CV and the next job?

Whatever. Lets just tank since we aren't contenders........................................ :roll:

mmmdk wrote:Ok, so "all respect lost" for Adelman was a bit harsh, he's trying to build a winning culture but maybe Williams is just the wrong fit yet it's well known that Adelman deconstructs young players to mold them into his ways of BB and that I don't respect.

I would love to know how Adelman deconstructed Williams. If anything he has done whatever it took to make him fit and look good. He has never wanted to play him at small forward because he isn't good playing there. He still lets him shoot threes. He finds ways to get Williams to the rim. What is Adelman supposed to do at the beginning of the season when Williams couldn't make a shot. He was truly awful. So enlighten me on what should have been done. People always think lots of playing time helps develop players. What happens a lot is that when you give young players too much playing time, they end up struggling even more. Sometimes players have to find a way out of their struggles on their own. How does Adelman help Williams improve his free throw shooting? Derrick Williams was the consensus number 2 pick.
Cashin out
Banned User
And1: 12

Post#425 » by Cashin out » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:08 pm

Dwill/Peke for Cousins/Evans?

You guys should cash out while their value is high.

pg:Rubio
sg:Evans
sf:Kirlenko
pf:Love
c:Cousins
[RCG]
Head Coach
And1: 135

Post#426 » by [RCG] » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:14 pm

Cousins is a major headache. Evans is a half-season rental who doesn't fit next to Rubio at all.

I would do it if Evans is flipped for Dudley and our pick back.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt
Mattya
RealGM

Post#427 » by Mattya » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:17 pm

I actually like Evans fit on this team better than Cousins, which says something. I think Cousins-Love is way too perimeter orientated.
GopherIt!
RealGM
And1: 24,122

Post#428 » by GopherIt! » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:07 am

pad300 wrote:For those looking for a spurs DWilliams trade. Free info, you can forget about Kawhi. Unless you are willing to include a first, you can forget about Green - he's in their starting line up for a reason, and they think they have a shot this year. Start thinking about Bonner, Blair, Gary Neal (maybe), Curtis Joseph, and other prospects (Nando de Colo maybe)...Sjax maybe (but at $10 million of expiring, they will want more for the salary cap space than just DWilliams).

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves