ImageImageImage

Derrick Williams: Time to Move On?

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Derrick Williams: Stay or Go?

He didn't pan out and it's time to get value back while we can.
58%
Keep him! Only letting him go in the perfect deal.
42%

Total votes: 132

younggunsmn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,359

Re: Derrick Williams: Time to Move On? 

Post#161 » by younggunsmn » Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:47 am

He is just all over the place. He needs to learn to do the simple things, like Cunningham and his elbow jump shot. And take the ball hard into contact in traffic. If I see one more awful scoop layup miss i'm going to scream. You are not a tiny Rdnour-like guard, you are supposed to be a lion.
BrooklynBulls
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,652

Post#162 » by BrooklynBulls » Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:08 am

The guy's awful. There's really no way around it. It's not what he played like in college. He's monstrously frightened to go inside, and there's a good reason, because this guy eats his own shot more than any PF I can remember. I was such a fan in college, sure that he'd at LEAST be an efficient offensive player with a solid rebounding game.
Cyborg21
General Manager
And1: 368

Post#163 » by Cyborg21 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:43 am

BrooklynBulls wrote:The guy's awful. There's really no way around it. It's not what he played like in college. He's monstrously frightened to go inside, and there's a good reason, because this guy eats his own shot more than any PF I can remember. I was such a fan in college, sure that he'd at LEAST be an efficient offensive player with a solid rebounding game.

everyone got fooled, sadly the Wolves are the ones that drafted him and are stuck with him. Just like a lot of other draft picks.
Train
Senior
And1: 9

Post#164 » by Train » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:10 am

Smh son, smh.
LordBaldric
General Manager
And1: 1,970

Post#165 » by LordBaldric » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:21 am

Adenusi wrote:D-Will. Son, I am dissapoint.
NYKBaller
General Manager
And1: 241

Post#166 » by NYKBaller » Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:48 pm

just curious, how did he go 0 for 10? just bad shots or really good defense on him
Follow me at @CTthatdude & watch www.youtube.com/CTthatdude
Tirion
Assistant Coach
And1: 290

Post#167 » by Tirion » Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:34 pm

he can't finish around the rim at all and his outside shot is wack.
funfactor
Junior
And1: 76

Post#168 » by funfactor » Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:48 pm

I know his offence right now is freeze-cold but the thing that worried me most yesterday was his defense and his lack of energy/spirit. It's like he's feeling like a sinking boat. Let's hope he catch up with AK and Dante's influence. This week with Chase down we need him.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,807

Post#169 » by Klomp » Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:24 pm

“@AschNBA: MIN's Derrick Williams made a little Timberwolves history Sat. in loss at CHI: http://t.co/Y93pxX8Q
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Jukeness
Analyst
And1: 326

Post#170 » by Jukeness » Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:27 pm

Googs at #1 going 0-13? He was 5 times as good as Williams.
[RCG]
Head Coach
And1: 135

Post#171 » by [RCG] » Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:10 pm

He needs to start putting it together. Watching the game, yes he had a bad game, but it wasn't that noticeable. We didn't have a good shooting night overall and the Bulls did - pretty simple.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt
NewWolvesOrder
Head Coach
And1: 1,262

Post#172 » by NewWolvesOrder » Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:23 pm

Would anyone support Williams and Shved for Afflalo trade? I know that Shved is a fan favourite but Afflalo is a much better fit next to Rubio and is ready now plus UCLA/Love connection.
Grits n Gravy
General Manager
And1: 1,800

Post#173 » by Grits n Gravy » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:12 am

Turnover_21 wrote:Would anyone support Williams and Shved for Afflalo trade? I know that Shved is a fan favourite but Afflalo is a much better fit next to Rubio and is ready now plus UCLA/Love connection.

shved's definitely a deal breaker for me. his contract could be a real bargain over the next 2 1/2 years.
NewWolvesOrder
Head Coach

Post#174 » by NewWolvesOrder » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:59 am

Grits n Gravy wrote:
Turnover_21 wrote:Would anyone support Williams and Shved for Afflalo trade? I know that Shved is a fan favourite but Afflalo is a much better fit next to Rubio and is ready now plus UCLA/Love connection.

shved's definitely a deal breaker for me. his contract could be a real bargain over the next 2 1/2 years.

Yeah, but I think he is a piece that would attract Orlando more so than Williams. I would ask for a pick coming our way. But i think Afflalo is a great fit here while I'm not as sure about how Shved can fit next to Rubio seeing how he's at his best with th ball in his hands as opposed to playing off the ball.
Tirion
Assistant Coach

Post#175 » by Tirion » Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:21 am

I'd rather have JJ Redick. And he can be had for less too.
NewWolvesOrder
Head Coach

Post#176 » by NewWolvesOrder » Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:23 am

Tirion wrote:

I like Reddick too but he's not a serious starter in this league. He's great off the bench though.
Tirion
Assistant Coach

Post#177 » by Tirion » Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:30 am

Turnover_21 wrote:
Tirion wrote:

I like Reddick too but he's not a serious starter in this league. He's great off the bench though.

I think you're wrong and he would be an ideal starter in Adelman's system next to Rubio. Great shooter, smart defender, okay size, can handle the ball and generally a high IQ guard who can do a little of everything, while not hurting the team anywhere.

He obviously outgrown his bench role in Orlando (they started him today).
NewWolvesOrder
Head Coach

Post#178 » by NewWolvesOrder » Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:53 am

Tirion wrote:
I think you're wrong and he would be an ideal starter in Adelman's system next to Rubio. Great shooter, smart defender, okay size, can handle the ball and generally a high IQ guard who can do a little of everything, while not hurting the team anywhere.

He doesn't have the size, poor wingspan and athleticism.
He came off the bench all his career in Orlando. They started him today only because Afflalo has to start at SF with Turkeyglu out injured.
Tirion
Assistant Coach

Post#179 » by Tirion » Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:10 am

Turnover_21 wrote:
Tirion wrote:

He doesn't have the size, poor wingspan and athleticism.
He came off the bench all his career in Orlando. They started him today only because Afflalo has to start at SF with Turkeyglu out injured.

I don't care about wingspan, we're talking about a guard. 6'5 is okay for a shooting guard. And I don't really care about athleticism as long as he can defend his position (and he can).

He long deserved to start in Orlando. He was their third best player (after Howard and Anderson) last season according to winshares and PER.
Tirion
Assistant Coach

Post#180 » by Tirion » Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:11 am

And they are not giving Afflalo for Williams, he was their main get from Howard trade.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves