ImageImageImage

Derrick Williams: Time to Move On?

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Derrick Williams: Stay or Go?

He didn't pan out and it's time to get value back while we can.
58%
Keep him! Only letting him go in the perfect deal.
42%

Total votes: 132

C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

Re: Derrick Williams: Time to Move On? 

Post#321 » by C.lupus » Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:10 pm

Turnover_21 wrote:Use Cunningham as AK's backup. He can defend SFs and has a jumper. Use Williams as Love's backup. Use Love as Pek's backup. Use Steamer only if we have injury or foul trouble.

Yep. With all the injuries, there are plenty of minutes for Date and Derrick. Until Love is back in game shape (both physically and mentally) he doesn't need to be playing 36 mpg anyway.

AK/Dante
Love/Derrick/Dante
Pek/Love/Steamer
Araxen
Junior
And1: 91

Post#322 » by Araxen » Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:16 am

If we can get a 3 point shooter for Williams I say we trade him. Unless we can get one for Luke or JJ(which I doubt). We really need an outside threat on this team. Dante can pick up Derrick's minutes. Dante fits this team better anyway and has a nice shot from the top of key that always makes me think of KG when he shots it. Derrick has no shot at all usually.
[RCG]
Head Coach
And1: 135

Post#323 » by [RCG] » Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:19 am

Araxen wrote:If we can get a 3 point shooter for Williams I say we trade him. Unless we can get one for Luke or JJ(which I doubt). We really need an outside threat on this team. Dante can pick up Derrick's minutes. Dante fits this team better anyway and has a nice shot from the top of key that always makes me think of KG when he shots it. Derrick has no shot at all usually.

We should look into Williams/Memphis 1st/+ for Klay Thompson
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt
Nitroglycerin
Starter
And1: 528

Post#324 » by Nitroglycerin » Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:31 am

[RCG] wrote:
Araxen wrote:If we can get a 3 point shooter for Williams I say we trade him. Unless we can get one for Luke or JJ(which I doubt). We really need an outside threat on this team. Dante can pick up Derrick's minutes. Dante fits this team better anyway and has a nice shot from the top of key that always makes me think of KG when he shots it. Derrick has no shot at all usually.

with the warrior's success right now,i dont think they want to tinker their lineup especially with klay thompson playing very well for them
Trust the PRosas!
cube
Freshman
And1: 21

Post#325 » by cube » Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:15 pm

[RCG] wrote:

Warriors already have Lee and Landry at PF, both playing very well.
I have tought about trades for SG-s and there really is no fair option at the moment to trade Derrick. Gerald Henderson is propably the best we could get, but I'm not too sure about his fit here.
I think we should keep Derrick unless we get a solid offer both fit and value wise.
Esohny
RealGM
And1: 339

Post#326 » by Esohny » Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:40 pm

[RCG] wrote:

Thompson is fast becoming hugely overrated. I'd rather have Redick; he's a better player and would cost less to acquire.
SMAC-K wrote:Mayo>>>>Love and that 5th pick
OJ Mayo is one of the best defenders in the league, hes a two way player and hes a great passer and playmaker.
tranjSAIC
Banned User
And1: 527

Post#327 » by tranjSAIC » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:14 pm

Esohny wrote:
Thompson is fast becoming hugely overrated. I'd rather have Redick; he's a better player and would cost less to acquire.

I think Redick plays better too, BUT you have to have a coach that is willing to run alot of ball screens for him. While he has added a ton to his game since he came into the league, he is still best of the screen.

I think Thompson is more of a low maintence type guy who doesn't need plays run, he's got good size can get his shot of in tighter spaces.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,519

Post#328 » by shrink » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:11 pm

Is a Derrick Williams for a shooter trade likely to happen? I.e. Redick, Korver, or even Morrow.
by Ben 2:25 PM

I'm sure David Kahn hopes to get more for Derrick Williams than a spot-up shooter. Not saying he can, but that's one of those deals that could come back and haunt a GM. Derrick is awfully young and talented.
by Ric Bucher 2:26 PM
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
Adenusi
Bench Warmer
And1: 361

Post#329 » by Adenusi » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:40 pm

Make a move or give D-Will more minutes. No in between.
Esohny
RealGM
And1: 339

Post#330 » by Esohny » Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:15 am

shrink wrote:
Is a Derrick Williams for a shooter trade likely to happen? I.e. Redick, Korver, or even Morrow.
by Ben 2:25 PM

I'm sure David Kahn hopes to get more for Derrick Williams than a spot-up shooter. Not saying he can, but that's one of those deals that could come back and haunt a GM. Derrick is awfully young and talented.
by Ric Bucher 2:26 PM

Considering that Bucher is a complete dolt, I still feel totally fine with trading Williams for Redick + pick.
SMAC-K wrote:Mayo>>>>Love and that 5th pick
OJ Mayo is one of the best defenders in the league, hes a two way player and hes a great passer and playmaker.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,519

Post#331 » by shrink » Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:18 am

From the Trade Board:

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1220316&start=30

Geaux_Hawks wrote:Morrow and Houston first for D Will. Morrow gives you a shooter at the 2, and Houston pick is potentially a mid first. D Will gives the Hawk a high potential prospect that could really complement their 2 big talented forwards. Williams reminds me kind of what Granger is. Grangers better as a 3, but he can get on the block and operate as a 4. Williams is better as a 4, but he can play on the perimeter, and attack the rim. Plus the Hawks as a team can get out and run in transition. Atlanta would be great for Williams. The small ball lineup has mismatches everywhere with a guy like Williams. If we're committed to playing small, might as well upgrade at the 3 or 4 and let Smith play either or.
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,852

Post#332 » by Klomp » Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:25 am

Adenusi wrote:Make a move or give D-Will more minutes. No in between.

Why not?
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#333 » by Devilzsidewalk » Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:22 am

shrink wrote:From the Trade Board:

Geaux_Hawks wrote:Morrow and Houston first for D Will. Morrow gives you a shooter at the 2, and Houston pick is potentially a mid first. D Will gives the Hawk a high potential prospect that could really complement their 2 big talented forwards. Williams reminds me kind of what Granger is. Grangers better as a 3, but he can get on the block and operate as a 4. Williams is better as a 4, but he can play on the perimeter, and attack the rim. Plus the Hawks as a team can get out and run in transition. Atlanta would be great for Williams. The small ball lineup has mismatches everywhere with a guy like Williams. If we're committed to playing small, might as well upgrade at the 3 or 4 and let Smith play either or.

I'd do Williams and Stiemsma for Korver and Pachulia. Rather have Reddick, but if not then I'd like this and upgrade backup center
theGreatRC
RealGM
And1: 4,887

Post#334 » by theGreatRC » Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:41 am

Gross...
Dysfunctional Wolves fan
The J Rocka
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,730

Post#335 » by The J Rocka » Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:54 am

Devilzsidewalk wrote:

I'd do Williams and Stiemsma for Korver and Pachulia. Rather have Reddick, but if not then I'd like this and upgrade backup center

Gross.
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM

Post#336 » by Devilzsidewalk » Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:00 am

The J Rocka wrote:
Devilzsidewalk wrote:I'd do Williams and Stiemsma for Korver and Pachulia. Rather have Reddick, but if not then I'd like this and upgrade backup center

Gross.

43% 3 point shooter and a backup big that can do something besides block a couple shots, and both expirings?
Thats PERFECTO
The J Rocka
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,730

Post#337 » by The J Rocka » Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:41 am

Devilzsidewalk wrote:
The J Rocka wrote:
Devilzsidewalk wrote:I'd do Williams and Stiemsma for Korver and Pachulia. Rather have Reddick, but if not then I'd like this and upgrade backup center

Gross.

43% 3 point shooter and a backup big that can do something besides block a couple shots, and both expirings?
Thats PERFECTO

Talk about selling Williams short. Korver has had a solid year thus far from deep but he's pretty much the Luke Ridnour of SFs. When that guys goes cold, he contributes nothing. Zaza is solid but not worth the cost of Williams.

This smells like a dump Williams' contract trade.
[RCG]
Head Coach
And1: 135

Post#338 » by [RCG] » Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:44 am

I wouldn't mind doing this trade:
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=d83wcfg

Rubio/Ridnour
Morrow/Shved
Kirilenko/Korver
Love/Cunningham
Pekovic/Pachulia
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt
youngthegiant
Head Coach
And1: 5,603

Post#339 » by youngthegiant » Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:39 am

Mozgov, Brewer, and 13 1st for D-will. Rubio and brewer would make one hell of a combination, brewer moves so well without the ball.
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM

Post#340 » by Devilzsidewalk » Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:23 am

Andre Miller/Mozgov for D Will/Ridnour?

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves