ImageImageImage

Derrick Williams: Time to Move On?

Moderators: C.lupus, Basti, Klomp

Derrick Williams: Stay or Go?

He didn't pan out and it's time to get value back while we can.
76
58%
Keep him! Only letting him go in the perfect deal.
55
42%
 
Total votes: 131

Dray-Z
Banned User
Posts: 65
And1: 1
Joined: Nov 10, 2012

Re: Derrick Williams: Time to Move On? 

Post#211 » by Dray-Z » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:45 pm

The J Rocka wrote:I'd rather us target a SG that can shoot.


MarShon Brooks! (And we'll even throw in the Minnesota native Kris Humphries!)
User avatar
Esohny
RealGM
Posts: 11,586
And1: 327
Joined: Apr 18, 2009
Location: Saint Paul
     

Re: Derrick Williams: Time to Move On? 

Post#212 » by Esohny » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:46 pm

I still think Redick is the right target. Try to get him, dump some salary to help with paying Pek/Bud, and/or get a pick back. This is assuming that Orlando can still be convinced that he's got untapped potential and he fits better with their rebuilding effort. The fact that their front office is a joke even without Otis Smith makes me somewhat hopeful.
SMAC-K wrote:Mayo>>>>Love and that 5th pick
OJ Mayo is one of the best defenders in the league, hes a two way player and hes a great passer and playmaker.
Tirion
Analyst
Posts: 3,312
And1: 132
Joined: Oct 27, 2005
Location: made it, ma! top of the world!

Re: Derrick Williams: Time to Move On? 

Post#213 » by Tirion » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:47 pm

Dray-Z wrote:
The J Rocka wrote:I'd rather us target a SG that can shoot.


MarShon Brooks! (And we'll even throw in the Minnesota native Kris Humphries!)


Humphries is an expiring next year, right?

But why would Brooklyn do that?

Nope, just remembered, need to re-sign PEK.
Tirion
Analyst
Posts: 3,312
And1: 132
Joined: Oct 27, 2005
Location: made it, ma! top of the world!

Re: Derrick Williams: Time to Move On? 

Post#214 » by Tirion » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:50 pm

Esohny wrote:I still think Redick is the right target. Try to get him, dump some salary to help with paying Pek/Bud, and/or get a pick back. This is assuming that Orlando can still be convinced that he's got untapped potential and he fits better with their rebuilding effort. The fact that their front office is a joke even without Otis Smith makes me somewhat hopeful.


There will be teams lining up after Redick. 3pt shooters who can play are a valuable commodity.
User avatar
Esohny
RealGM
Posts: 11,586
And1: 327
Joined: Apr 18, 2009
Location: Saint Paul
     

Re: Derrick Williams: Time to Move On? 

Post#215 » by Esohny » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:55 pm

Tirion wrote:
Esohny wrote:I still think Redick is the right target. Try to get him, dump some salary to help with paying Pek/Bud, and/or get a pick back. This is assuming that Orlando can still be convinced that he's got untapped potential and he fits better with their rebuilding effort. The fact that their front office is a joke even without Otis Smith makes me somewhat hopeful.


There will be teams lining up after Redick. 3pt shooters who can play are a valuable commodity.


Yes, but his age and salary make him a far better fit for a contender than a rebuilding team, and most contenders don't have the sort of assets that Orlando would be looking for. As I said, that's the appeal of Williams, assuming that Orlando still sees "potential."

What do you think they're going to get offered?
SMAC-K wrote:Mayo>>>>Love and that 5th pick
OJ Mayo is one of the best defenders in the league, hes a two way player and hes a great passer and playmaker.
Tirion
Analyst
Posts: 3,312
And1: 132
Joined: Oct 27, 2005
Location: made it, ma! top of the world!

Re: Derrick Williams: Time to Move On? 

Post#216 » by Tirion » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:07 pm

Esohny wrote:
Tirion wrote:
Esohny wrote:I still think Redick is the right target. Try to get him, dump some salary to help with paying Pek/Bud, and/or get a pick back. This is assuming that Orlando can still be convinced that he's got untapped potential and he fits better with their rebuilding effort. The fact that their front office is a joke even without Otis Smith makes me somewhat hopeful.


There will be teams lining up after Redick. 3pt shooters who can play are a valuable commodity.


Yes, but his age and salary make him a far better fit for a contender than a rebuilding team, and most contenders don't have the sort of assets that Orlando would be looking for. As I said, that's the appeal of Williams, assuming that Orlando still sees "potential."

What do you think they're going to get offered?


They can take on salary tho, something Wolves will be reluctant to do, with Pekovic free agency looming.

Orlando will probably try to unload either Harrington or Davis with Reddick, so they will be looking for expirings.

Spurs have Captain Jack's 10 milli coming off the books after this season, plus Blair or Green.
Busch Legion
Rookie
Posts: 1,038
And1: 14
Joined: Oct 08, 2007
Location: North Dakota

Re: Derrick Williams: Time to Move On? 

Post#217 » by Busch Legion » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:33 am

Tirion
Analyst
Posts: 3,312
And1: 132
Joined: Oct 27, 2005
Location: made it, ma! top of the world!

Re: Derrick Williams: Time to Move On? 

Post#218 » by Tirion » Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:08 am

lol at this article quoting posters from rubechat.
User avatar
Klomp
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Posts: 38,356
And1: 2,953
Joined: Jul 08, 2005
Contact:
   

Re: Derrick Williams: Time to Move On? 

Post#219 » by Klomp » Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:15 am

Tirion wrote:lol at this article quoting posters from rubechat.

That article is basically a BleacherReport article. Same type of open-source site.
Image
DusterBuster wrote:Klomp is like the ultimate troll mod.

Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.
Dewey
Analyst
Posts: 3,184
And1: 73
Joined: May 22, 2001

Re: Derrick Williams: Time to Move On? 

Post#220 » by Dewey » Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:10 pm

There is Zero doubt that DW will be traded prior to the deadline - and likey before X-mas ... he's just not consistent enough in any aspect of the game at the NBA level. Then, the fact is Cunningham has clearly outperformed DW and derserves the minutes. Good D and can hit the mid-range jumper with consistency - you know what your getting every night ... unlike the DW's, Beasleys, and Wes Johnsons of the world.

I totally agree with those who would like to land Reddic (yes, a baggage player included) ... I would be insanely happy.
Flip response to Love wanting out, "He has no reason to be upset, you're either a part of the problem or a part of the solution"
popper
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,603
And1: 53
Joined: Jun 19, 2010

Re: Derrick Williams: Time to Move On? 

Post#221 » by popper » Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:14 pm

What about the Wizard's 7'0 Vesely and Booker for DW?
NewWolvesOrder
Analyst
Posts: 3,158
And1: 196
Joined: Dec 20, 2008

Re: Derrick Williams: Time to Move On? 

Post#222 » by NewWolvesOrder » Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:18 pm

I would never take a baggage player along with Redick. He's a free agent the coming summer and is not guaranteed to resign. If it's just JJ for DW then it's fine.
Dewey
Analyst
Posts: 3,184
And1: 73
Joined: May 22, 2001

Re: Derrick Williams: Time to Move On? 

Post#223 » by Dewey » Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:22 pm

Turnover_21 wrote:I would never take a baggage player along with Redick. He's a free agent the coming summer and is not guaranteed to resign. If it's just JJ for DW then it's fine.


:jawdrop: ... if management agrees with you, DW will never be traded and we'll let him walk.
Flip response to Love wanting out, "He has no reason to be upset, you're either a part of the problem or a part of the solution"
Rondo2Hondo
Banned User
Posts: 2,094
And1: 40
Joined: Dec 02, 2010

Re: Derrick Williams: Time to Move On? 

Post#224 » by Rondo2Hondo » Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:22 pm

There don't seem to be many teams that could actually use this guy. That really sums him up, horrible player.

Kahn has had a pretty poor time drafting....
Williams over Kanter, Valanciunas, Walker, Klay Thompson, etc
Let Motiejunas, Parsons, and Mirotic all slip through his hands
Drafted Wes Johnson
Drafted Johnny Flynn and Ty Lawson, and traded the wrong one.

I like his free agency decisions though.
NewWolvesOrder
Analyst
Posts: 3,158
And1: 196
Joined: Dec 20, 2008

Re: Derrick Williams: Time to Move On? 

Post#225 » by NewWolvesOrder » Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:24 pm

popper wrote:What about the Wizard's 7'0 Vesely and Booker for DW?


How about Seraphin and Vesely?
NewWolvesOrder
Analyst
Posts: 3,158
And1: 196
Joined: Dec 20, 2008

Re: Derrick Williams: Time to Move On? 

Post#226 » by NewWolvesOrder » Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:32 pm

Rondo2Hondo wrote:There don't seem to be many teams that could actually use this guy. That really sums him up, horrible player.

Kahn has had a pretty poor time drafting....
Williams over Kanter, Valanciunas, Walker, Klay Thompson, etc
Let Motiejunas, Parsons, and Mirotic all slip through his hands
Drafted Wes Johnson
Drafted Johnny Flynn and Ty Lawson, and traded the wrong one.

I like his free agency decisions though.



He's not nearly as horrible as you make him out to be. But he's a horrible fit here for sure.
Dewey
Analyst
Posts: 3,184
And1: 73
Joined: May 22, 2001

Re: Derrick Williams: Time to Move On? 

Post#227 » by Dewey » Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:38 pm

Turnover_21 wrote:
Rondo2Hondo wrote:There don't seem to be many teams that could actually use this guy. That really sums him up, horrible player.

Kahn has had a pretty poor time drafting....
Williams over Kanter, Valanciunas, Walker, Klay Thompson, etc
Let Motiejunas, Parsons, and Mirotic all slip through his hands
Drafted Wes Johnson
Drafted Johnny Flynn and Ty Lawson, and traded the wrong one.

I like his free agency decisions though.


He's not nearly as horrible as you make him out to be. But he's a horrible fit here for sure.


Yeh ... agree. I dooo think there is something said for Loves early return and the likelihood that DWS is close to being on the move. The guy just does not have a fit nor does his style fit Adelman.
Flip response to Love wanting out, "He has no reason to be upset, you're either a part of the problem or a part of the solution"
Rondo2Hondo
Banned User
Posts: 2,094
And1: 40
Joined: Dec 02, 2010

Re: Derrick Williams: Time to Move On? 

Post#228 » by Rondo2Hondo » Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:07 pm

Turnover_21 wrote:
Rondo2Hondo wrote:There don't seem to be many teams that could actually use this guy. That really sums him up, horrible player.

Kahn has had a pretty poor time drafting....
Williams over Kanter, Valanciunas, Walker, Klay Thompson, etc
Let Motiejunas, Parsons, and Mirotic all slip through his hands
Drafted Wes Johnson
Drafted Johnny Flynn and Ty Lawson, and traded the wrong one.

I like his free agency decisions though.



He's not nearly as horrible as you make him out to be. But he's a horrible fit here for sure.


What NBA teams do you think he could start for and play 30+ mpg? I bet it's less than a handful.
NewWolvesOrder
Analyst
Posts: 3,158
And1: 196
Joined: Dec 20, 2008

Re: Derrick Williams: Time to Move On? 

Post#229 » by NewWolvesOrder » Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:41 pm

I would say he makes sense for bad team that don't have much going for them at the moment. Wizzards come to mind, they just started freaking Vesely yesterday.
Rondo2Hondo
Banned User
Posts: 2,094
And1: 40
Joined: Dec 02, 2010

Re: Derrick Williams: Time to Move On? 

Post#230 » by Rondo2Hondo » Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:02 pm

Turnover_21 wrote:I would say he makes sense for bad team that don't have much going for them at the moment. Wizzards come to mind, they just started freaking Vesely yesterday.


That's one team in the league. He couldn't even start for Orlando.

Maybe Dallas would like another reclamation project.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves