yardbarker

NCAA Wiretap Headlines

Derrick Williams: Time to Move On?

Moderators: Klomp, C.lupus, Basti

Derrick Williams: Stay or Go?

He didn't pan out and it's time to get value back while we can.
58%
Keep him! Only letting him go in the perfect deal.
42%

Total votes : 131

Post#271 Re: Derrick Williams: Time to Move On?
Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:18 pm by Krapinsky

I'm definitely not to the point where I would dump D-Will for a garbage contract. i would want an asset or someone that would help us this year.

I want to see what happens when Rubio gets back. It might open up a lot of things for a lot of players.
Sig by C.lupus
Krapinsky
RealGM
And1: 758

Post#272 Re: Derrick Williams: Time to Move On?
Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:59 pm by shrink

Here's a copy of the sketchy rumor:

RTM wrote:I saw this on the Detroit Board. This is coming from (wait for it) a bilingual Sports TV and radio host out of LA named Erika Garza's twitter account, and then picked up by a Swedish site:

https://twitter.com/MsErikaGarza

Lakers would get: Trevor Ariza, Derrick Williams, J Jerebko, & JJ Barea, Minn. would get Gasol & Kim English, Wizards would get Duhon &...

N. Pekovic from Minn. & C Villanueva from Pistons, Pistons would get Emeka Okafor... #TradeRumors

http://basketsverige.se/article/1376354 ... a-i-lakers (not in English)

DET Sends: Charlie Villanueva, Jonas Jerebko, Kim English
DET Gets: Emeka Okafor

LA Sends: Pau Gasol, Chris Duhon
LA Gets: Trevor Ariza, Derrick Williams, Jonas Jerebko, J.J. Barea

MIN Sends: Nikola Pekovic, Derrick Williams, J.J. Barea
MIN Gets: Pau Gasol, Kim English

WAS Sends: Emeka Okafor, Trevor Ariza
WAS Gets: Nikola Pekovic, Charlie Villanueva, Chris Duhon

Works financially, but this is BS. It doesn't really make sense, particularly for the Lakers. Slow news day - figured I'd post.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 304

Post#273 Re: Derrick Williams: Time to Move On?
Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:02 pm by Krapinsky

^^Honestly, that wouldn't surprise me at all. There's just been too much Pau smoke since Adelman got here.
Sig by C.lupus
Krapinsky
RealGM

Post#274 Re: Derrick Williams: Time to Move On?
Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:29 pm by AQuintus

Krapinsky wrote:^^Honestly, that wouldn't surprise me at all. There's just been too much Pau smoke since Adelman got here.

It would surprise me quite a bit, since, you know, it's really awful for Minnesota.
AQuintus

General Manager
And1: 1,782

Post#275 Re: Derrick Williams: Time to Move On?
Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:35 pm by shrink

I find it very surprising for three of the four teams.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 304

Post#276 Re: Derrick Williams: Time to Move On?
Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:37 pm by Krapinsky

AQuintus wrote:
Krapinsky wrote:^^Honestly, that wouldn't surprise me at all. There's just been too much Pau smoke since Adelman got here.

It would surprise me quite a bit, since, you know, it's really awful for Minnesota.

Pau gets a bad rap. He's a center asked to play PF and guard perimeter players. He's much better than he's shown the last two seasons playing out of position and I think front office execs recognize that.

He's also a better fit in Adelman's offense than probably any big man in the entire league.
Sig by C.lupus
Krapinsky
RealGM

Post#277 Re: Derrick Williams: Time to Move On?
Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:42 pm by C.lupus

What part of "we don't have a starting quality shooting guard" gets addressed in this trade? We don't need a slight upgrade at center. When your car is missing four wheels you don't spend your money on a new paint job.
C.lupus

Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 4,389

Post#278 Re: Derrick Williams: Time to Move On?
Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:50 pm by Esohny

SMAC-K wrote:Mayo>>>>Love and that 5th pick
OJ Mayo is one of the best defenders in the league, hes a two way player and hes a great passer and playmaker.
Esohny

RealGM
And1: 312

Post#279 Re: Derrick Williams: Time to Move On?
Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:13 pm by Krapinsky

C.lupus wrote:What part of "we don't have a starting quality shooting guard" gets addressed in this trade? We don't need a slight upgrade at center. When your car is missing four wheels you don't spend your money on a new paint job.

Maybe we get Jordan Crawford somehow? He's got a 15 + PER this year. Not too bad.
Sig by C.lupus
Krapinsky
RealGM

Post#280 Re: Derrick Williams: Time to Move On?
Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:32 pm by AQuintus

Krapinsky wrote:
Pau gets a bad rap. He's a center asked to play PF and guard perimeter players. He's much better than he's shown the last two seasons playing out of position and I think front office execs recognize that.

The same things could be said about Derrick Williams very easily, and yet people, rightfully, realize that his underwhelming, non-hypothetical, on court performances do drop his trade value. And Williams isn't even being paid 19 million dollars a year.
AQuintus

General Manager

Post#281 Re: Derrick Williams: Time to Move On?
Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:33 pm by AQuintus

Krapinsky wrote:
Maybe we get Jordan Crawford somehow? He's got a 15 + PER this year. Not too bad.

Maybe we get Bradley Beal. That's the only way that this trade is salvaged for the Wolves.
AQuintus

General Manager

Post#282 Re: Derrick Williams: Time to Move On?
Mon Dec 3, 2012 3:55 pm by moss_is_1

Is Derrick finally starting to figure out how to play? Before you would always see him try to make the big plays instead of just moving the ball, or letting the game come to him. The last few games he's looked better, IMO. Also, the form on his jumper looked way better in that Milwaukee game then we saw last season.

I really hope he can turn the corner and develop into at least an Antawn Jamison in his prime type of player. Hopefully once Rubio comes back he will make things easier on Williams.
moss_is_1
Head Coach
And1: 341

Post#283 Re: Derrick Williams: Time to Move On?
Mon Dec 3, 2012 4:05 pm by moss_is_1

Just looking at his shooting numbers....it shows that he just can't finish at the rim yet. This is why I'd like to be patient with him. If he can learn to finish better(just like Love did) he would be a very dangerous player.

Derrick Williams - 9.5 points - 5.5 rebounds - 1 block - 38 / 33(2attempts) / 74(3 attempts) - 21 minutes per game

shooting locations

at rim: 3.8 attempts / 47% VS his rookie year 3 attempts at 63%
16-23 feet: 2.6 attempts / 35% VS rookie year 1.3 attempts at 29%

He really needs to shoot more in the short to mid-range area...combined from 3-9 feet and 10-15 feet he only shoots .6 times a game.

FWIW Love's first 3 years at the rim he shot 55 / 56 and then 60.1 / 59.8, and he shoots around the same % from mid-range is Derrick.
moss_is_1
Head Coach
And1: 341

Post#284 Re: Derrick Williams: Time to Move On?
Tue Dec 4, 2012 12:48 am by BrooklynBulls

Krapinsky wrote:
C.lupus wrote:What part of "we don't have a starting quality shooting guard" gets addressed in this trade? We don't need a slight upgrade at center. When your car is missing four wheels you don't spend your money on a new paint job.

Jordan Crawford is the Crawford with the worst shot selection in the NBA. Think about that.

This guy is such a tremendous loser that I don't think his next contract will be in the NBA. He's on court poison.
BrooklynBulls
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,402

Post#285 Re: Derrick Williams: Time to Move On?
Tue Dec 4, 2012 12:51 am by BrooklynBulls

Derrick Williams for Wes Matthews?

Matthews is 2 way SG who can shoot and plays a great floor game.

Williams gives the rebuilding Blazers a bench 3/4 that can actually score, unlike the rest of their bench, and is a young prospect compared to the established but peaked player Matthews is.

Edit: you think there's still bad blood regarding Portland and the Wolves? Or is it bygones be bygones?
BrooklynBulls
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,402

Post#286 Re: Derrick Williams: Time to Move On?
Tue Dec 4, 2012 1:47 am by younggunsmn

If we could have Wes Matthews for Derrick Williams Kahn would do it and run away giggling like a little girl.
Aint going to happen.

And yes there is still a ton of bad blood with Portland. They tried to F Batum financially by limiting his PT/shots the year before and we helped him call them on it. Damn he would look great here right now.
younggunsmn
Analyst
And1: 21

Post#287 Re: Derrick Williams: Time to Move On?
Tue Dec 4, 2012 4:58 am by southern wolf

younggunsmn wrote:If we could have Wes Matthews for Derrick Williams Kahn would do it and run away giggling like a little girl.
Aint going to happen.

And yes there is still a ton of bad blood with Portland. They tried to F Batum financially by limiting his PT/shots the year before and we helped him call them on it. Damn he would look great here right now.

I agree Portland wouldn't trade Matthews for Williams, but I'm not too upset we missed out on Batum. Partly because of the cash we would have had to pay him and partly because of AK's great play.
southern wolf

Head Coach
And1: 814

Post#288 Re: Derrick Williams: Time to Move On?
Tue Dec 4, 2012 2:12 pm by cpfsf

BrooklynBulls wrote:Derrick Williams for Wes Matthews?

Matthews is 2 way SG who can shoot and plays a great floor game.

Williams gives the rebuilding Blazers a bench 3/4 that can actually score, unlike the rest of their bench, and is a young prospect compared to the established but peaked player Matthews is.

Edit: you think there's still bad blood regarding Portland and the Wolves? Or is it bygones be bygones?

if there is bad blood, it's because the wolves are still mad about webster affair while the blazers are are mad with the contract offered to batum.

this is speculation, but the blazers might be annoyed with the timberwolves after they offered contracts to brandon roy, tom penn, and bill bayno.

i'd rank it as being unlikely
cpfsf
General Manager
And1: 459

Post#289 Re: Derrick Williams: Time to Move On?
Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:21 pm by Klomp

“@APkrawczynski: I'll say this for Derrick Williams: he's handled this situation about 100 times more professionally than most high draft picks would.”

“@APkrawczynski: Derrick Williams: "I just have to do with what I have. If I get 10 minutes, I get 10 minutes and I just try and do what I can with that."”
DusterBuster wrote:Klomp is like the ultimate troll mod.

Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.
Klomp

Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 2,199

Post#290 Re: Derrick Williams: Time to Move On?
Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:48 pm by Calinks

Happy someone has brought this up. A lot of number two's wouldn't act like this. Look at Royce White, I know he g=has other issues but he is vocal as hell.If this was happening to people in 2k12, they would be cussing 2K and their virtual coach out lol.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
Calinks

RealGM
And1: 1,508

PreviousNext

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves