2013 Draft Targets (#9, #26, #52, #59)

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

cpfsf
General Manager
And1: 1,104
Location: sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell

Re: NCAA Basketball Thread / 2013 Draft Targets 

Post#361 » by cpfsf » Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:34 am

Tirion wrote:Right now our guard rotation consists of Rubio, Barea, Ridnour and Shved.

One of them is a midget and the other three are in the top-10 of the weakest players in the NBA.

Wolves need some physicality in their backcourt stat.

Also please lift some weights.

stronger than brandon roy, malcolm lee, and josh howard. :banghead:

sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell
andyhop
Analyst
And1: 1,274

Post#362 » by andyhop » Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:05 am

[RCG] wrote:
I wish swearing wasn't filtered. Oladipo can't shoot. Yet he hits 48% of 3s this year and 67.6% of 2s, leads the Big 10 and is 4th in the country in TS%, 2nd in the country in eFG% (as a guard nevertheless). I'm sorry but you don't hit 24 out of 50 threes in games in you "can't shoot."

Do you know how big variance can be for 3 pt shooting over such small samples?

Here's OJ Mayo's 3 pt shooting in 50(ish) shot blocks this season.

0-50 64%
50-102 42%
103-152 38%
153-204 30%
205-254 36%

His 2pt% doesn't make him a shooter,he is a finisher who will be most effective when given space to work in something he is unlikely to have playing with Rubio and AK47.
"Football is not a matter of life and death...it's much more important than that."- Bill Shankley
[RCG]
Head Coach
And1: 135

Post#363 » by [RCG] » Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:27 am

You're right. We have absolutely no space. Every team packs the paint against us and that is our problem.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt
Krapinsky
RealGM
And1: 1,929

Post#364 » by Krapinsky » Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:37 pm

I like how Oladipo is agressive and keeps attacking. I think Adelman would like him. He's not a pure shooter, and I get that is what people want, but he's certainly not a bad shooter. For our needs, Mclemore might be the better fit, but Oladipo wouldn't be a bad get either. I think the center prospects are superior in this draft class though, and we should be looking at those guys, and figure out how to get a wing some other way, be it trading Williams, or free agency.
FinnTheHuman wrote: Your post is just garbage.

NewWolvesOrder wrote:Garbage post, indeed.
[RCG]
Head Coach

Post#365 » by [RCG] » Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:54 pm

I love how Chad Ford's lottery machine keeps giving us Anthony Bennett. As if we don't already have Kevin Love and Derrick Williams at PF :roll:
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,474

Post#366 » by Worm Guts » Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:56 pm

Krapinsky wrote:I like how Oladipo is agressive and keeps attacking. I think Adelman would like him. He's not a pure shooter, and I get that is what people want, but he's certainly not a bad shooter. For our needs, Mclemore might be the better fit, but Oladipo wouldn't be a bad get either. I think the center prospects are superior in this draft class though, and we should be looking at those guys, and figure out how to get a wing some other way, be it trading Williams, or free agency.

I'd definitely take Noel, but I'd probably look for a wing over Zeller or Len.
Krapinsky
RealGM

Post#367 » by Krapinsky » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:09 pm

Worm Guts wrote:
Krapinsky wrote:I like how Oladipo is agressive and keeps attacking. I think Adelman would like him. He's not a pure shooter, and I get that is what people want, but he's certainly not a bad shooter. For our needs, Mclemore might be the better fit, but Oladipo wouldn't be a bad get either. I think the center prospects are superior in this draft class though, and we should be looking at those guys, and figure out how to get a wing some other way, be it trading Williams, or free agency.

I'm not a big Zeller fan. Len I haven't seen play, but he sounds athletic enough. I was mainly talking about Noel, Cauley-Stein, and Austin. I also like the Gonzaga dude a lot.

Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,595

Post#368 » by Klomp » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:09 pm

[RCG] wrote:I love how Chad Ford's lottery machine keeps giving us Anthony Bennett. As if we don't already have Kevin Love and Derrick Williams at PF :roll:

We won the lottery the second time I ran it, McLemore was the pick.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Krapinsky
RealGM

Post#369 » by Krapinsky » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:14 pm

Klomp wrote:
[RCG] wrote:I love how Chad Ford's lottery machine keeps giving us Anthony Bennett. As if we don't already have Kevin Love and Derrick Williams at PF :roll:

We won the lottery the second time I ran it, McLemore was the pick.

I'm sure in Ford's mind Kevin Love wants out of MN badly, and MN looks for his replacement.

Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#370 » by Worm Guts » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:16 pm

Krapinsky wrote:
Worm Guts wrote:

I'm not a big Zeller fan. Len I haven't seen play, but he sounds athletic enough. I was mainly talking about Noel, Cauley-Stein, and Austin. I also like the Gonzaga dude a lot.

Don't like Austin, he's too perimeter oriented. He doesn't shoot a high percentage from anywhere and doesn't seem very physical.

I'm undecided on Cauley-Stein.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,595

Post#371 » by Klomp » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:19 pm

Austin would fit next to both Love and Pek though. That intrigues me.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
The J Rocka
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,730

Post#372 » by The J Rocka » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:21 pm

Worm Guts wrote:

Noel & WCS are the only bigs I would take. Otherwise, McLemore, Oladipo, Porter, Smart, and Shabazz should all be considered.
[RCG]
Head Coach

Post#373 » by [RCG] » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:38 pm

I think Austin becomes the 3/4/5 version of Derrick Williams is at the 3/4.
Krapinsky
RealGM

Post#374 » by Krapinsky » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:55 pm

Worm Guts wrote:
Krapinsky wrote:
Worm Guts wrote:

Don't like Austin, he's too perimeter oriented. He doesn't shoot a high percentage from anywhere and doesn't seem very physical.

I'm undecided on Cauley-Stein.

He's raw sure, but he's an athletic 7'1 with a 7'4" wingspan and averages almost 14 and 9 as a freshman. He needs to get stronger to be more effective inside and one would think that would come eventually.

Krapinsky
RealGM

Post#375 » by Krapinsky » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:56 pm

[RCG] wrote:I think Austin becomes the 3/4/5 version of Derrick Williams is at the 3/4.

Austin is going to guard 3's?

Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#376 » by Worm Guts » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:00 pm

I'm just scared that he shoots more 3 pointers than FT's and he's not really good at either. He's young so he could change, but I'd rather take a wing than take that risk.
The J Rocka
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,730

Post#377 » by The J Rocka » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:06 pm

As for WCS, he could even add another inch in the next couple years since he's only 19 years old going on 20 in August.

Even if he stays at 7/7'1, adding some bulk is going to do wonders. He already has the size, athleticism, defensive tools, and a good BBIQ. Just needs to polish his offensive skills (which will come) and add some bulk.
Krapinsky
RealGM

Post#378 » by Krapinsky » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:09 pm

Worm Guts wrote:I'm just scared that he shoots more 3 pointers than FT's and he's not really good at either. He's young so he could change, but I'd rather take a wing than take that risk.

Aside from maybe Mclemore, the wings have risks too and none seem like a sure fire all star. Shabazz, and Oladipo seem like solid starters to me, but without the upside to become stars.

[RCG]
Head Coach

Post#379 » by [RCG] » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:10 pm

Krapinsky wrote:
[RCG] wrote:I think Austin becomes the 3/4/5 version of Derrick Williams is at the 3/4.

No but he plays like a wing on offense.
Krapinsky
RealGM

Post#380 » by Krapinsky » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:36 pm

[RCG] wrote:
Krapinsky wrote:

No but he plays like a wing on offense.

I can't really fathom that either. Stretch 4, sure.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves