The J Rocka
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,730

Re: NCAA Basketball Thread / 2013 Draft Targets 

Post#181 » by The J Rocka » Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:25 am

[RCG] wrote:
The J Rocka wrote:
[RCG] wrote:I think Shabazz may have dropped himself to #3 at best.

I've pretty much kept him at 3. If we were to get the 2nd pick and McLemore goes 1st, we have to take Noel.

Nice thing about Noel is that he fits with both Love & Pek.

Love/Noel
Noel/Pek

We definitely could use a defensive minded big that's also long/athletic. You couldn't ask for better insurance if Pek were to go elsewhere next season. Noel & Love fit.
NikolaPekovic
Rookie
And1: 344

Post#182 » by NikolaPekovic » Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:51 am

big3_8_19_21 wrote:So bottom line is if we miss the playoffs and MEM makes the playoffs, we get both picks? So in all likelihood we get 2 1st rounders?

Assuming we don't get a top 3 pick and looking more towards the middle of the 1st, what's the story on Mason Plumlee this season? DX only has scouting stuff from his junior year and statistically it seems like he's made some major strides offensively this year, including raising his FT% by 12%.

Also, Victor Oladipo is pretty interesting.

who cares about mason plumlee. dont we have enough power forwards?
[RCG]
Head Coach
And1: 135

Post#183 » by [RCG] » Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:00 am

No more PFs please.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,825

Post#184 » by Klomp » Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:02 am

big3_8_19_21 wrote:So bottom line is if we miss the playoffs and MEM makes the playoffs, we get both picks? So in all likelihood we get 2 1st rounders?

That was my interpretation, but Darren Wolfson still says PHX would get our pick.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
big3_8_19_21
RealGM
And1: 421

Post#185 » by big3_8_19_21 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:31 am

NikolaPekovic wrote:

Assuming we don't get a top 3 pick and looking more towards the middle of the 1st, what's the story on Mason Plumlee this season? DX only has scouting stuff from his junior year and statistically it seems like he's made some major strides offensively this year, including raising his FT% by 12%.

Really? **** me for asking what the scouting report is on a national player of the year candidate. Did I say, "Hey, I'm backing Mason Plumlee 100% and we're stupid if we don't take him"? Or did I ask "what's the story" on someone putting up big stats on a good team that's projected to go around where our pick currently is?
Thriving on mediocrity since '89.
[RCG]
Head Coach
And1: 135

Post#186 » by [RCG] » Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:41 am

Klomp wrote:

That was my interpretation, but Darren Wolfson still says PHX would get our pick.

Yeah. If we have our pick and are owed Memphis' as well we transfer Memphis' to Phoenix.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt
WallabyPie
Senior
And1: 13

Post#187 » by WallabyPie » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:22 am

Klomp wrote:

Darren Wolfson is wrong.

Complicated draft pick protections held up completion of Lopez deal

[...] Babby (Suns PBO) described the issue involving the pick “legally complicated and legally challenging.” Here’s the result:

- Minnesota’s own first-rounder will be top-13 protected in 2013 and 2014 and top-12 protected in 2015 and 2016.
- Memphis owes Minnesota a lottery-protected first-rounder sometime in the next four years.
- If the Memphis and Minnesota picks convey in the same season, the Suns get the worse of the two choices.
- If the Memphis pick conveys but the Minnesota pick doesn’t, then the pick will roll over to the next season and thus only future Minnesota picks will be in play.
- If the pick doesn’t convey in four years, then the Suns will receive two second-rounders going forward.

“That’s the essence of it,” Babby said. “We’re pretty confident that one way or another by hook or by crook we’ll end up with a first-round pick sometime relatively soon.”

KTAR’s John Gambadoro reported that the deal became so complicated because the aforementioned first-rounder could turn into $3 million in an earlier iteration and the Suns have already received the maximum amount of cash they can in a season in the Nash deal ($3.1 mil). [...]
NikolaPekovic
Rookie

Post#188 » by NikolaPekovic » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:32 am

big3_8_19_21 wrote:
NikolaPekovic wrote:

Really? **** me for asking what the scouting report is on a national player of the year candidate. Did I say, "Hey, I'm backing Mason Plumlee 100% and we're stupid if we don't take him"? Or did I ask "what's the story" on someone putting up big stats on a good team that's projected to go around where our pick currently is?

this same thought process wound up us with derrick williams. our team would be much better if we drafted jonas/biyombo/klay
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,512

Post#189 » by Worm Guts » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:35 am

[RCG] wrote:No more PFs please.

I would consider Plumlee a center.
moss_is_1
RealGM
And1: 2,011

Post#190 » by moss_is_1 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:35 am

Sorry, no way in hell we are better by drafting **** Biyombo.
NikolaPekovic
Rookie

Post#191 » by NikolaPekovic » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:15 am

moss_is_1 wrote:Sorry, no way in hell we are better by drafting **** Biyombo.

biyombo is still better than steamer as a backup center.
big3_8_19_21
RealGM

Post#192 » by big3_8_19_21 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:56 am

NikolaPekovic wrote:
big3_8_19_21 wrote:
NikolaPekovic wrote:

this same thought process wound up us with derrick williams. our team would be much better if we drafted jonas/biyombo/klay

Either you didn't read my post or you're just belligerently stupid.
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,512

Post#193 » by Worm Guts » Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:41 pm

NikolaPekovic wrote:
big3_8_19_21 wrote:
NikolaPekovic wrote:who cares about mason plumlee. dont we have enough power forwards?

The funny thing about this is that Williams has had plenty of opportunity to play PF. Our mistake wasn't picking a PF, we tried to pick the BPA but he turned out not to be the BPA.
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#194 » by Devilzsidewalk » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:31 pm

big3_8_19_21 wrote:

stop trying to push your biased mason plumlee agenda on us
Mattya
RealGM
And1: 6,314

Post#195 » by Mattya » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:05 pm

My dream scenario is Noel/Len, Oladipo with our picks. My hope is that Taylor will try to sign or trade for a guy like Korver or Reddick this offseason and still pay Pek and Bud.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#196 » by Klomp » Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:16 pm

I would love this to be our MEM pick, but considering our current positional balance, it probably won't happen.

HOWEVER...
Nate Wolters WILL BE a first rounder. Mark it down.

If you think its a reach because he's currently at 54 on DX, consider this: George Hill (Pacers/IUPUI) didn't appear in any DX mock until 11 days before the NBA Draft, and was never mocked higher than 41. He was drafted 26th.

--

Now, if by chance we keep this pick, I'd expect us to go international. Guys I'd be monitoring include Gorgui Dieng, Sergey Karasev, and Dario Saric.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#197 » by Klomp » Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:17 pm

Mattya wrote:My dream scenario is Noel/Len, Oladipo with our picks. My hope is that Taylor will try to sign or trade for a guy like Korver or Reddick this offseason and still pay Pek and Bud.

DX has Oladipo to us at 9 right now.

Mattya
RealGM
And1: 6,314

Post#198 » by Mattya » Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:27 pm

Klomp wrote:
Mattya wrote:My dream scenario is Noel/Len, Oladipo with our picks. My hope is that Taylor will try to sign or trade for a guy like Korver or Reddick this offseason and still pay Pek and Bud.

Well then hopefully we can package Williams and the Memphis pick to move up.
big3_8_19_21
RealGM

Post#199 » by big3_8_19_21 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:32 am

Klomp wrote:

That's my dream scenario too, however unlikely. But the number of steals we could rack up with Rubio, Oladipo, Kirilenko and Noel on the court would be :o
NikolaPekovic
Rookie

Post#200 » by NikolaPekovic » Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:29 am

outisde of noel,shabazz, mcelmore, iisaih, oladipo i dont think anyone else in the draft is worth keeping the pick for.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves