yardbarker

2013 Draft Targets (#9, #26, #52, #59)

Moderators: Klomp, C.lupus, Basti

Post#286 Re: NCAA Basketball Thread / 2013 Draft Targe
Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:05 pm by Klomp

The thing that scares me about Shabazz is that he plays too much hero ball, and isn't always a willing passer. That won't fly with Rick.
DusterBuster wrote:Klomp is like the ultimate troll mod.

Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.
Klomp

Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 2,200

Post#287 Re: NCAA Basketball Thread / 2013 Draft Targe
Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:32 pm by Devilzsidewalk

yea, but its better than being too passive. Plus that UCLA connection might win some small points for keeping both guys happy in MN
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 2,001

Post#288 Re: NCAA Basketball Thread / 2013 Draft Targe
Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:18 pm by [RCG]

I'd throw McCollum in there as well. He's a guy we could potential trade back a couple of spots for if we see a lot of those guys taken already. He shoots lights out and has since he was a freshman. Capable ball-handler too.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt
[RCG]
Head Coach
And1: 135

Post#289 Re: NCAA Basketball Thread / 2013 Draft Targe
Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:34 pm by jfg

I just want every player who's scouting report says "Motor and athleticism makes up for limited skill set" crossed off the Wolves big board right now. 1st one to cross off is Oladipo.
jfg
Junior
And1: 29

Post#290 Re: NCAA Basketball Thread / 2013 Draft Targe
Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:57 pm by Klomp

jfg wrote:I just want every player who's scouting report says "Motor and athleticism makes up for limited skill set" crossed off the Wolves big board right now. 1st one to cross off is Oladipo.

So I take it you want to trade Ricky then? Because other than the passing, that's EXACTLY the type of player Oladipo is.

(No, I'm not saying Oladipo is as good as Rubio, I'm comparing their skillsets)

Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.
Klomp

Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#291 Re: NCAA Basketball Thread / 2013 Draft Targe
Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:08 pm by moss_is_1

Ricky is extremely skilled though.
moss_is_1
Head Coach
And1: 342

Post#292 Re: NCAA Basketball Thread / 2013 Draft Targe
Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:09 pm by moss_is_1

I think McLemore is going to drop a little bit. He's really passive in games, I know that I wouldn't take him unless I had a player on my team that is the #1 guy. Unless he improves his handle(or he has one and we don't see it at KU), then he's not going to be a star.
moss_is_1
Head Coach
And1: 342

Post#293 Re: NCAA Basketball Thread / 2013 Draft Targe
Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:13 pm by Klomp

moss_is_1 wrote:I think McLemore is going to drop a little bit. He's really passive in games, I know that I wouldn't take him unless I had a player on my team that is the #1 guy. Unless he improves his handle(or he has one and we don't see it at KU), then he's not going to be a star.

He's a shooter. He's not some iso scorer that a lot of people seem to think. I'd take Oladipo over him.

Klomp

Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#294 Re: NCAA Basketball Thread / 2013 Draft Targe
Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:36 pm by NikolaPekovic

Klomp wrote:The thing that scares me about Shabazz is that he plays too much hero ball, and isn't always a willing passer. That won't fly with Rick.

We kind of need someone like that. Someone who we can give the ball to in bad situations and let them create.
NikolaPekovic
Senior
And1: 56

Post#295 Re: NCAA Basketball Thread / 2013 Draft Targe
Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:39 pm by NikolaPekovic

Klomp wrote:
moss_is_1 wrote:I think McLemore is going to drop a little bit. He's really passive in games, I know that I wouldn't take him unless I had a player on my team that is the #1 guy. Unless he improves his handle(or he has one and we don't see it at KU), then he's not going to be a star.

He's a shooter. He's not some iso scorer that a lot of people seem to think. I'd take Oladipo over him.

Mcelmore is alot more skilled tho. And he is almost as athletic as oladipo.

Mcelmore definitely fits our team composition alot more than Oladipo.

I would be very happy with Mcelmore, Shabazz, Noel, Austin, or Oladipo.
NikolaPekovic
Senior

Post#296 Re: NCAA Basketball Thread / 2013 Draft Targe
Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:46 pm by Devilzsidewalk

McLemore is okay, but Oladipo's motor and athleticism makes up for his limited skill set, so I think we can all agree that's the way to go
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 2,001

Post#297 Re: NCAA Basketball Thread / 2013 Draft Targe
Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:57 pm by jfg

Devilzsidewalk wrote:McLemore is okay, but Oladipo's motor and athleticism makes up for his limited skill set, so I think we can all agree that's the way to go

:lol:

The comparison to Rubio was a little crazy because Ricky's skills are what got him noticed and what makes him a star. The motor is complimentary to the skills. I'm trying to think of one player who had that scouting report out of college and became a star in the NBA. I can't, probably because the Wolves keep drafting them. NBA stars are skilled, role players are athletes with heart. I guess you could say superstars are both.
jfg
Junior
And1: 29

Post#298 Re: NCAA Basketball Thread / 2013 Draft Targe
Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:59 pm by NikolaPekovic

Devilzsidewalk wrote:McLemore is okay, but Oladipo's motor and athleticism makes up for his limited skill set, so I think we can all agree that's the way to go

Motor cant make 3 points for us :/
NikolaPekovic
Senior

Post#299 Re: NCAA Basketball Thread / 2013 Draft Targe
Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:08 pm by AQuintus

Klomp wrote:He's a shooter. He's not some iso scorer that a lot of people seem to think. I'd take Oladipo over him.

:-?

Why? A shooter is the team's biggest need, by far.
AQuintus

General Manager
And1: 1,787

Post#300 Re: NCAA Basketball Thread / 2013 Draft Targe
Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:16 pm by shangrila

The other thing about Oladipo...he can't drive left, at all. Which is a pretty significant weakness IMO.
shangrila

Head Coach
And1: 247

Post#301 Re: NCAA Basketball Thread / 2013 Draft Targe
Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:38 pm by The J Rocka

The way to go is to get a guy that can make shots. McLemore does it from everywhere.
Sig by C.lupus
The J Rocka

Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 1,463

Post#302 Re: NCAA Basketball Thread / 2013 Draft Targe
Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:20 am by Klomp

The J Rocka wrote:

The way to go is to get a guy that can make shots. McLemore does it from everywhere.

We scored 111 points tonight. We have guys who can make shots.

Klomp

Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#303 Re: NCAA Basketball Thread / 2013 Draft Targe
Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:43 am by karch34

But we don't score 111 every night and they don't make shots consistently. I really wouldn't have an issue with any of Muhammed, McLemore, Smart, or Oladipo with our pick.
karch34

Assistant Coach
And1: 141

Post#304 Re: NCAA Basketball Thread / 2013 Draft Targe
Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:41 am by The J Rocka

Klomp wrote:
The J Rocka wrote:

We scored 111 points tonight. We have guys who can make shots.

Not consistently we don't. Our outside shooting has been pretty poor. Budinger & Love are only going to lift us to be average at best. We're obviously going to be better with McLemore's offensive game or Oladipo's defensive game but I'm taking the shooter to put next to Rubio & AK. He doesn't need to be a no. 1 option either because chances are he's going to be your 2nd/3rd best player. I don't think he's ever going to be a superstar, face of the franchise player (hence the overrated draft) but that's no problem having Love & Rubio here.
Sig by C.lupus
The J Rocka

Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 1,463

Post#305 Re: NCAA Basketball Thread / 2013 Draft Targe
Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:51 am by Tirion

The J Rocka wrote:

You can find shooters elsewhere. McLemore is just too damn passive. He's Jeremy Lamb 2.0, which is nice, but why settle for that, when you can do better? If you're drafting in the top 10, you need to pick the most talented guy, providing you can identify him.
Tirion
Analyst
And1: 125

PreviousNext

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves