ImageImageImage

Around the League: 2012-2013

Moderators: C.lupus, Klomp, Worm Guts

User avatar
FinnTheHuman
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,677
And1: 560
Joined: Nov 22, 2012
   

Re: Around the League: 2012-2013 

Post#341 » by FinnTheHuman » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:45 pm

C.lupus wrote:I've never bought into the ring argument as much as most people. Stockton and Malone, for example, were great players. Their teams won 74% of their games over a five year period and those teams were not that deep. Stockton, Malone, Hornacek, Russell, Ostertag, bunch of scrubs basically. They went to the finals two years in a row and lost to Jordan/Pippen/Kukoc/Rodman. All that tells me is Jordan is greater than them. Well, yeah, he was. Doesn't mean Malone wasn't great himself.


Amen.
User avatar
LordBaldric
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,717
And1: 474
Joined: Jul 14, 2006
Location: Too Hot Too Humid
     

Re: Around the League: 2012-2013 

Post#342 » by LordBaldric » Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:43 pm

Adelman would have a ring right now if not for the blatant game 6 fix for the Lakers that one year. And I intend no hyperbole here. That game was as fixed by the refs as a crooked boxing match.
You don't know the power of the Dark Side!
User avatar
C.lupus
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Posts: 26,714
And1: 5,662
Joined: Nov 02, 2007
Location: Nobody knows where you are, how near or how far.
   

Re: Around the League: 2012-2013 

Post#343 » by C.lupus » Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:15 am

Hollinger to the Grizzlies. Interesting.
Image
User avatar
Krapinsky
RealGM
Posts: 18,651
And1: 826
Joined: May 13, 2007
Location: Los Angeles

Re: Around the League: 2012-2013 

Post#344 » by Krapinsky » Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:39 am

LordBaldric wrote:Adelman would have a ring right now if not for the blatant game 6 fix for the Lakers that one year. And I intend no hyperbole here. That game was as fixed by the refs as a crooked boxing match.


So true it's not even funny
Image
Sig by C.lupus
User avatar
Basti
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 34,980
And1: 1,644
Joined: Sep 07, 2005
Location: Æ har en ståkukk!
 

Re: Around the League: 2012-2013 

Post#345 » by Basti » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:17 am

Couldn't help myself but to root for the Knicks tonight. I feel so dirty now.
Dewey
Analyst
Posts: 3,219
And1: 82
Joined: May 22, 2001

Re: Around the League: 2012-2013 

Post#346 » by Dewey » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:28 am

LordBaldric wrote:Adelman would have a ring right now if not for the blatant game 6 fix for the Lakers that one year. And I intend no hyperbole here. That game was as fixed by the refs as a crooked boxing match.


I remember it like it was yesterday ... biggest hose-job I've ever saw in the NBA. Someone should have been arrested.
Flip response to Love wanting out, "He has no reason to be upset, you're either a part of the problem or a part of the solution"
User avatar
Klomp
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Posts: 39,449
And1: 3,308
Joined: Jul 08, 2005
Contact:
   

Re: Around the League: 2012-2013 

Post#347 » by Klomp » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:00 am

Oh great, Chris Webber calling the game next Thursday at Target Center (with Kevin Harlan and Reggie Miller). Get ready for some "manna" jokes!
Image
DusterBuster wrote:Klomp is like the ultimate troll mod.

Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.
User avatar
Calinks
RealGM
Posts: 29,130
And1: 2,297
Joined: Mar 29, 2006
   

Re: Around the League: 2012-2013 

Post#348 » by Calinks » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:45 am

Klomp wrote:Oh great, Chris Webber calling the game next Thursday at Target Center (with Kevin Harlan and Reggie Miller). Get ready for some "manna" jokes!

I saw that too and was like "Oh crap." Webber vs Kahn part two. Also, he now has a lot of fire with Love's recent comments. Combine that with a blowout game and wolves looking bad... The perfect storm :lol:
Image
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
User avatar
southern wolf
General Manager
Posts: 7,754
And1: 1,041
Joined: Aug 02, 2008
Location: Gettin' Wiggy with it
     

Re: Around the League: 2012-2013 

Post#349 » by southern wolf » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:18 am

Klomp wrote:Oh great, Chris Webber calling the game next Thursday at Target Center (with Kevin Harlan and Reggie Miller). Get ready for some "manna" jokes!


Damn, no Chuck calling?
User avatar
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
Posts: 28,281
And1: 3,311
Joined: Oct 09, 2005

Re: Around the League: 2012-2013 

Post#350 » by Devilzsidewalk » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:59 pm

we matchup well; OKC has the size and defense to handle our frontcourt, and we have AK and Rubio for Durant and Westbrook...in theory this will be a BARN BURNER
Image
User avatar
theGreatRC
RealGM
Posts: 14,400
And1: 1,235
Joined: Oct 12, 2006
Location: California
 

Re: Around the League: 2012-2013 

Post#351 » by theGreatRC » Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:00 pm

Devilzsidewalk wrote:we matchup well; OKC has the size and defense to handle our frontcourt, and we have AK and Rubio for Durant and Westbrook...in theory this will be a BARN BURNER


Hopefully a couple of games give Rubio his legs back. I know he won't be 100%, but we can at least hope he can trust his knee enough to play defense like he wants.
Timberwolves 2015-2016 Playoff bandwagon list:
TheGreatRC
note30
User avatar
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
Posts: 28,281
And1: 3,311
Joined: Oct 09, 2005

Re: Around the League: 2012-2013 

Post#352 » by Devilzsidewalk » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:49 pm

theGreatRC wrote:
Devilzsidewalk wrote:we matchup well; OKC has the size and defense to handle our frontcourt, and we have AK and Rubio for Durant and Westbrook...in theory this will be a BARN BURNER


Hopefully a couple of games give Rubio his legs back. I know he won't be 100%, but we can at least hope he can trust his knee enough to play defense like he wants.


hopefully he doesn't take anymore charges with his knees
Image
User avatar
Calinks
RealGM
Posts: 29,130
And1: 2,297
Joined: Mar 29, 2006
   

Re: Around the League: 2012-2013 

Post#353 » by Calinks » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:15 am

Emotional exchange between KG and McHale. McHale devastated with recent events and I'm sure today's tragedy in CT, didn't help either.

Image
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
User avatar
Klomp
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Posts: 39,449
And1: 3,308
Joined: Jul 08, 2005
Contact:
   

Re: Around the League: 2012-2013 

Post#354 » by Klomp » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:37 am

Calinks wrote:Emotional exchange between KG and McHale. McHale devastated with recent events and I'm sure today's tragedy in CT, didn't help either.


Wow. I really repect Kevin (G.) for that.
Image
DusterBuster wrote:Klomp is like the ultimate troll mod.

Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.
User avatar
southern wolf
General Manager
Posts: 7,754
And1: 1,041
Joined: Aug 02, 2008
Location: Gettin' Wiggy with it
     

Re: Around the League: 2012-2013 

Post#355 » by southern wolf » Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:12 am

Like one of our posters said on the GB, KG might come across as a douche on the court, but he's a great guy off it.
User avatar
NikolaPekovic
Pro Prospect
Posts: 784
And1: 138
Joined: Jun 27, 2012
 

Re: Around the League: 2012-2013 

Post#356 » by NikolaPekovic » Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:51 pm

Klomp wrote:
Calinks wrote:Emotional exchange between KG and McHale. McHale devastated with recent events and I'm sure today's tragedy in CT, didn't help either.


Wow. I really repect Kevin (G.) for that.


and u didnt respect him before this? :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
User avatar
C.lupus
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Posts: 26,714
And1: 5,662
Joined: Nov 02, 2007
Location: Nobody knows where you are, how near or how far.
   

Re: Around the League: 2012-2013 

Post#357 » by C.lupus » Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:03 pm

Props to KG for that. As for the cameraman who followed McHale to the lockerroom... :nonono:
Image
User avatar
Calinks
RealGM
Posts: 29,130
And1: 2,297
Joined: Mar 29, 2006
   

Re: Around the League: 2012-2013 

Post#358 » by Calinks » Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:21 am

You guys see Flip in ESPN just now talking about the wolves half court offense!?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Image
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
User avatar
Klomp
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Posts: 39,449
And1: 3,308
Joined: Jul 08, 2005
Contact:
   

Re: Around the League: 2012-2013 

Post#359 » by Klomp » Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:41 am

Calinks wrote:You guys see Flip in ESPN just now talking about the wolves half court offense!?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Well the last part he said was right, that us and SA have the best-executed half-court offenses.
Image
DusterBuster wrote:Klomp is like the ultimate troll mod.

Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.
User avatar
Klomp
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Posts: 39,449
And1: 3,308
Joined: Jul 08, 2005
Contact:
   

Re: Around the League: 2012-2013 

Post#360 » by Klomp » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:06 pm

“@MrMichaelLee: Randy Wittman on the #wizards run of injuries: "If anybody knows an exorcist that can come into this building..."”
Image
DusterBuster wrote:Klomp is like the ultimate troll mod.

Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves