ImageImageImage

Around the League: 2012-2013

Moderators: C.lupus, Basti, Klomp

User avatar
Basti
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 34,686
And1: 1,573
Joined: Sep 07, 2005
Location: Æ har en ståkukk!
 

Re: Around the League: 2012-2013 

Post#511 » by Basti » Tue Jan 8, 2013 11:39 pm

Calinks wrote:Image

:rofl:


Well, in Melo's case it didn't help his cholesterol and it certainly didn't lower the risk of an heart attack.
User avatar
Calinks
RealGM
Posts: 27,902
And1: 1,675
Joined: Mar 29, 2006
   

Re: Around the League: 2012-2013 

Post#512 » by Calinks » Wed Jan 9, 2013 12:03 am

:-D
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
jfg
Junior
Posts: 343
And1: 29
Joined: Jul 11, 2012

Re: Around the League: 2012-2013 

Post#513 » by jfg » Wed Jan 9, 2013 12:05 am

22-10 and the Grizzlies are shopping their forwards? What's up with that?
User avatar
[RCG]
Head Coach
Posts: 7,047
And1: 135
Joined: May 24, 2010
Location: Saint Paul

Re: Around the League: 2012-2013 

Post#514 » by [RCG] » Wed Jan 9, 2013 12:10 am

Maybe Melo got so mad because it's true! :o
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt
User avatar
Calinks
RealGM
Posts: 27,902
And1: 1,675
Joined: Mar 29, 2006
   

Re: Around the League: 2012-2013 

Post#515 » by Calinks » Wed Jan 9, 2013 12:41 am

Can't believe the Rockets are 21-14 and the Golden State Warriors are 22-11. What the hell man.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
User avatar
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
Posts: 26,830
And1: 2,177
Joined: Oct 09, 2005

Re: Around the League: 2012-2013 

Post#516 » by Devilzsidewalk » Wed Jan 9, 2013 12:48 am

jfg wrote:22-10 and the Grizzlies are shopping their forwards? What's up with that?


from the people that brought you "Luxury Tax", its "Luxury Tax 2: Escalating like a Mother ****"
Image
User avatar
The J Rocka
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 13,248
And1: 1,554
Joined: Jun 26, 2009
Location: Minneapolis
   

Re: Around the League: 2012-2013 

Post#517 » by The J Rocka » Wed Jan 9, 2013 12:53 am

Image

DAT KG FACE LMAOOO
User avatar
southern wolf
Head Coach
Posts: 7,436
And1: 865
Joined: Aug 02, 2008
Location: Gettin Wiggy with it
     

Re: Around the League: 2012-2013 

Post#518 » by southern wolf » Wed Jan 9, 2013 7:45 am

Devilzsidewalk wrote:
jfg wrote:22-10 and the Grizzlies are shopping their forwards? What's up with that?


from the people that brought you "Luxury Tax", its "Luxury Tax 2: Escalating like a Mother ****"


Ugh and the Lakers are sucking while they're how many million dollars into the lux?
Ikerd
Ballboy
Posts: 24
And1: 1
Joined: Feb 11, 2012

Re: Around the League: 2012-2013 

Post#519 » by Ikerd » Wed Jan 9, 2013 11:57 am

via the John Wall is Fat thread on the gb: http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?p=34247118#p34247118

Wizards coach Randy Wittman confirmed that Wall has gained "about 6-7 pounds more than what he was prior to the injury" and "is not where he should be" conditioning-wise. However, Wittman doesn't seem too concerned about it. "If you broke you hand, you know, then we should be a little concerned with where his conditioning is at. You can go out and run on the beach, you can run on the floor.


Subtle KLove shot there?
User avatar
[RCG]
Head Coach
Posts: 7,047
And1: 135
Joined: May 24, 2010
Location: Saint Paul

Re: Around the League: 2012-2013 

Post#520 » by [RCG] » Wed Jan 9, 2013 12:39 pm

Ikerd wrote:via the John Wall is Fat thread on the gb: http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?p=34247118#p34247118

Wizards coach Randy Wittman confirmed that Wall has gained "about 6-7 pounds more than what he was prior to the injury" and "is not where he should be" conditioning-wise. However, Wittman doesn't seem too concerned about it. "If you broke you hand, you know, then we should be a little concerned with where his conditioning is at. You can go out and run on the beach, you can run on the floor.


Subtle KLove shot there?


Sounds a little bit like one but if it was it wasn't a good one.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt
User avatar
C.lupus
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Posts: 25,560
And1: 4,669
Joined: Nov 02, 2007
Location: Nobody knows where you are, how near or how far.
   

Re: Around the League: 2012-2013 

Post#521 » by C.lupus » Wed Jan 9, 2013 3:13 pm

So it looks like the Kings might be headed to Seattle. I'm glad for the Seattle fans but that really sucks for Kings fans. I always hate to see the smaller market teams have to move. The crappy owners get their money and the fans get screwed.
Image
User avatar
Klomp
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Posts: 36,802
And1: 2,349
Joined: Jul 08, 2005
   

Re: Around the League: 2012-2013 

Post#522 » by Klomp » Wed Jan 9, 2013 3:13 pm

Hello Seattle!

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA

The Maloofs are finalizing an agreement to sell the Sacramento Kings to the Hansen-Ballmer led Seattle group, sources tell Yahoo! Sports. The deal will sell the Kings for approximately $500 million, with the Seattle group seeking relocation to Key Arena for the 2013-'14 season. The Seattle group's plans, with support of the NBA, is to play two seasons in Key Arena before moving into a new Seattle arena, sources say. No agreement signed, but one source describes deal as "1st and goal at 1." Maloofs history of changing course late still makes many uneasy. The Maloofs are expected to keep an extremely small percentage of team, but will have no real input or say in franchise, sources say.


Might this be the time to re-draw division lines?
Image
DusterBuster wrote:Klomp is like the ultimate troll mod.

Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.
User avatar
C.lupus
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Posts: 25,560
And1: 4,669
Joined: Nov 02, 2007
Location: Nobody knows where you are, how near or how far.
   

Re: Around the League: 2012-2013 

Post#523 » by C.lupus » Wed Jan 9, 2013 3:18 pm

Klomp wrote:He
Might this be the time to re-draw division lines?

:pray:

Of course they would probably just put us in the Pacific Div.
Image
User avatar
Klomp
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Posts: 36,802
And1: 2,349
Joined: Jul 08, 2005
   

Re: Around the League: 2012-2013 

Post#524 » by Klomp » Wed Jan 9, 2013 3:23 pm

C.lupus wrote:
Klomp wrote:He
Might this be the time to re-draw division lines?

:pray:

Of course they would probably just put us in the Pacific Div.

Thinking about it more, I think realignment would be a MUST now because Seattle and Portland would be in two different divisions.
Image
DusterBuster wrote:Klomp is like the ultimate troll mod.

Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.
Worm Guts
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 15,650
And1: 859
Joined: Dec 26, 2003
     

Re: Around the League: 2012-2013 

Post#525 » by Worm Guts » Wed Jan 9, 2013 3:32 pm

Klomp wrote:
C.lupus wrote:
Klomp wrote:He
Might this be the time to re-draw division lines?

:pray:

Of course they would probably just put us in the Pacific Div.

Thinking about it more, I think realignment would be a MUST now because Seattle and Portland would be in two different divisions.


We're not in the same division as Milwaukee or Chicago, I don't see Portland and Seattle being in different divisions as being any worse.
User avatar
cpfsf
General Manager
Posts: 8,097
And1: 502
Joined: Apr 09, 2008
Location: your mom

Re: Around the League: 2012-2013 

Post#526 » by cpfsf » Wed Jan 9, 2013 3:36 pm

C.lupus wrote:
Klomp wrote:He
Might this be the time to re-draw division lines?

:pray:

Of course they would probably just put us in the Pacific Div.


nah, stern will just throw us in some new european division.
Image
User avatar
C.lupus
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Posts: 25,560
And1: 4,669
Joined: Nov 02, 2007
Location: Nobody knows where you are, how near or how far.
   

Re: Around the League: 2012-2013 

Post#527 » by C.lupus » Wed Jan 9, 2013 3:39 pm

Pacific
Seattle
Portland
GSW
LAC
LAL

Northwest (or whatever you want to call it)
Minnesota
Denver
Utah
OKC
PHX

Not ideal but not any worse than what we have currently.
Image
User avatar
Klomp
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Posts: 36,802
And1: 2,349
Joined: Jul 08, 2005
   

Re: Around the League: 2012-2013 

Post#528 » by Klomp » Wed Jan 9, 2013 3:46 pm

C.lupus wrote:Pacific
Seattle
Portland
GSW
LAC
LAL

Northwest (or whatever you want to call it)
Minnesota
Denver
Utah
OKC
PHX

Not ideal but not any worse than what we have currently.

See my thread on Gen board. Thats the easy fix. I proposed a bolder move as well.
Or I'll just post it here

Image
Image
DusterBuster wrote:Klomp is like the ultimate troll mod.

Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.
Tirion
Analyst
Posts: 3,304
And1: 125
Joined: Oct 27, 2005
Location: made it, ma! top of the world!

Re: Around the League: 2012-2013 

Post#529 » by Tirion » Wed Jan 9, 2013 6:33 pm

Klomp wrote:Hello Seattle!

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA

The Maloofs are finalizing an agreement to sell the Sacramento Kings to the Hansen-Ballmer led Seattle group, sources tell Yahoo! Sports. The deal will sell the Kings for approximately $500 million, with the Seattle group seeking relocation to Key Arena for the 2013-'14 season. The Seattle group's plans, with support of the NBA, is to play two seasons in Key Arena before moving into a new Seattle arena, sources say. No agreement signed, but one source describes deal as "1st and goal at 1." Maloofs history of changing course late still makes many uneasy. The Maloofs are expected to keep an extremely small percentage of team, but will have no real input or say in franchise, sources say.


Might this be the time to re-draw division lines?


If Kings are worth $500 million, I wonder how much the Wolves are. It gotta be higher, right?
User avatar
Basti
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 34,686
And1: 1,573
Joined: Sep 07, 2005
Location: Æ har en ståkukk!
 

Re: Around the League: 2012-2013 

Post#530 » by Basti » Wed Jan 9, 2013 9:03 pm

Tirion wrote:
Klomp wrote:Hello Seattle!

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA

The Maloofs are finalizing an agreement to sell the Sacramento Kings to the Hansen-Ballmer led Seattle group, sources tell Yahoo! Sports. The deal will sell the Kings for approximately $500 million, with the Seattle group seeking relocation to Key Arena for the 2013-'14 season. The Seattle group's plans, with support of the NBA, is to play two seasons in Key Arena before moving into a new Seattle arena, sources say. No agreement signed, but one source describes deal as "1st and goal at 1." Maloofs history of changing course late still makes many uneasy. The Maloofs are expected to keep an extremely small percentage of team, but will have no real input or say in franchise, sources say.


Might this be the time to re-draw division lines?


If Kings are worth $500 million, I wonder how much the Wolves are. It gotta be higher, right?


I surely hope so.

I'd also like to know by how much the Seattle group overpaid for the Kings. I'd assume they were willing to pay a bit more than market value to get a team back to Seattle.

Poor Kings fans, by the way. I remember the days when I loved watching the Kings in the early 2000's.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves


Users browsing this forum: packforfreedom