ImageImageImage

Around the League: 2012-2013

Moderators: C.lupus, Klomp, Worm Guts

User avatar
cpfsf
General Manager
Posts: 8,233
And1: 663
Joined: Apr 10, 2008
Location: your mom

Re: Around the League: 2012-2013 

Post#526 » by cpfsf » Wed Jan 9, 2013 7:36 pm

C.lupus wrote:
Klomp wrote:He
Might this be the time to re-draw division lines?

:pray:

Of course they would probably just put us in the Pacific Div.


nah, stern will just throw us in some new european division.
Image
User avatar
C.lupus
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Posts: 26,714
And1: 5,663
Joined: Nov 02, 2007
Location: Nobody knows where you are, how near or how far.
   

Re: Around the League: 2012-2013 

Post#527 » by C.lupus » Wed Jan 9, 2013 7:39 pm

Pacific
Seattle
Portland
GSW
LAC
LAL

Northwest (or whatever you want to call it)
Minnesota
Denver
Utah
OKC
PHX

Not ideal but not any worse than what we have currently.
Image
User avatar
Klomp
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Posts: 39,452
And1: 3,309
Joined: Jul 08, 2005
Contact:
   

Re: Around the League: 2012-2013 

Post#528 » by Klomp » Wed Jan 9, 2013 7:46 pm

C.lupus wrote:Pacific
Seattle
Portland
GSW
LAC
LAL

Northwest (or whatever you want to call it)
Minnesota
Denver
Utah
OKC
PHX

Not ideal but not any worse than what we have currently.

See my thread on Gen board. Thats the easy fix. I proposed a bolder move as well.
Or I'll just post it here

Image
Image
DusterBuster wrote:Klomp is like the ultimate troll mod.

Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.
Tirion
Analyst
Posts: 3,315
And1: 132
Joined: Oct 27, 2005
Location: made it, ma! top of the world!

Re: Around the League: 2012-2013 

Post#529 » by Tirion » Wed Jan 9, 2013 10:33 pm

Klomp wrote:Hello Seattle!

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA

The Maloofs are finalizing an agreement to sell the Sacramento Kings to the Hansen-Ballmer led Seattle group, sources tell Yahoo! Sports. The deal will sell the Kings for approximately $500 million, with the Seattle group seeking relocation to Key Arena for the 2013-'14 season. The Seattle group's plans, with support of the NBA, is to play two seasons in Key Arena before moving into a new Seattle arena, sources say. No agreement signed, but one source describes deal as "1st and goal at 1." Maloofs history of changing course late still makes many uneasy. The Maloofs are expected to keep an extremely small percentage of team, but will have no real input or say in franchise, sources say.


Might this be the time to re-draw division lines?


If Kings are worth $500 million, I wonder how much the Wolves are. It gotta be higher, right?
User avatar
Basti
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 34,980
And1: 1,644
Joined: Sep 07, 2005
Location: Æ har en ståkukk!
 

Re: Around the League: 2012-2013 

Post#530 » by Basti » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:03 am

Tirion wrote:
Klomp wrote:Hello Seattle!

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA

The Maloofs are finalizing an agreement to sell the Sacramento Kings to the Hansen-Ballmer led Seattle group, sources tell Yahoo! Sports. The deal will sell the Kings for approximately $500 million, with the Seattle group seeking relocation to Key Arena for the 2013-'14 season. The Seattle group's plans, with support of the NBA, is to play two seasons in Key Arena before moving into a new Seattle arena, sources say. No agreement signed, but one source describes deal as "1st and goal at 1." Maloofs history of changing course late still makes many uneasy. The Maloofs are expected to keep an extremely small percentage of team, but will have no real input or say in franchise, sources say.


Might this be the time to re-draw division lines?


If Kings are worth $500 million, I wonder how much the Wolves are. It gotta be higher, right?


I surely hope so.

I'd also like to know by how much the Seattle group overpaid for the Kings. I'd assume they were willing to pay a bit more than market value to get a team back to Seattle.

Poor Kings fans, by the way. I remember the days when I loved watching the Kings in the early 2000's.
User avatar
Jukeness
Analyst
Posts: 3,335
And1: 326
Joined: Jul 13, 2012
Location: West Saint Paul, MN

Re: Around the League: 2012-2013 

Post#531 » by Jukeness » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:08 am

My dude was Mitch Richmond, loved his jumpshot.
Peezo
Pro Prospect
Posts: 889
And1: 40
Joined: Apr 06, 2010

Re: Around the League: 2012-2013 

Post#532 » by Peezo » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:45 am

If you haven't ever seen "Sonicgate" I think it is worth watching for any NBA fan. I found the whole hour+ long documentary on YouTube. It chronicles how Seattle lost the Sonics. It is well-done, but makes you really hate the idea of anyone losing their team to another market. The Sonics fans at the end lament the same thing saying, "Yeah I want us to get another team someday, but I know it will probably just mean us stealing someone else's team and I wouldn't wish that on any fan."
Turnover_21 wrote:So who do we get? Capspace? Is Capspace white?
User avatar
Klomp
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Posts: 39,452
And1: 3,309
Joined: Jul 08, 2005
Contact:
   

Re: Around the League: 2012-2013 

Post#533 » by Klomp » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:11 am

Just realized something. If it indeed goes through, I'd be shocked if any other team won the Draft Lottery.

My other thought. The SonicKings have some of the NBAs most dislikeable players in Cousins and Evans. Tough for a fan base that used to watch Durant.

One final thought. It'd be cool if Smart was fired and they named Nate McMillan their new coach.
Image
DusterBuster wrote:Klomp is like the ultimate troll mod.

Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.
User avatar
Klomp
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Posts: 39,452
And1: 3,309
Joined: Jul 08, 2005
Contact:
   

Re: Around the League: 2012-2013 

Post#534 » by Klomp » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:46 am

Paul George. That is all.
Image
DusterBuster wrote:Klomp is like the ultimate troll mod.

Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.
User avatar
southern wolf
General Manager
Posts: 7,754
And1: 1,041
Joined: Aug 02, 2008
Location: Gettin' Wiggy with it
     

Re: Around the League: 2012-2013 

Post#535 » by southern wolf » Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:26 am

Klomp wrote:Paul George. That is all.


He would be just about untouchable, but the Pacers should trade Granger to us and build around George and Dr. Hibbert.
User avatar
Klomp
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Posts: 39,452
And1: 3,309
Joined: Jul 08, 2005
Contact:
   

Re: Around the League: 2012-2013 

Post#536 » by Klomp » Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:32 am

southern wolf wrote:
Klomp wrote:Paul George. That is all.


He would be just about untouchable, but the Pacers should trade Granger to us and build around George and Dr. Hibbert.

I realize that. Was just saying he's a stud. Can't believe Pacers been forcing him to play SG. He's home now.
Image
DusterBuster wrote:Klomp is like the ultimate troll mod.

Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.
User avatar
The J Rocka
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 13,529
And1: 1,705
Joined: Jun 27, 2009
Location: Minneapolis
   

Re: Around the League: 2012-2013 

Post#537 » by The J Rocka » Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:47 am

I don't think I'll ever let the Flynn for 10th pick (George) go. I just can't. It bothers me so much. We knew we weren't going to get him with our 16th pick and Flynn wasn't going to live up to being a top 10 pick, even before the injury. Figured after the Jazz took Hayward, that was our chance, and Kahn blew it. Damn shame.
User avatar
Klomp
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Posts: 39,452
And1: 3,309
Joined: Jul 08, 2005
Contact:
   

Re: Around the League: 2012-2013 

Post#538 » by Klomp » Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:52 am

The J Rocka wrote:I don't think I'll ever let the Flynn for 10th pick (George) go. I just can't. It bothers me so much. We knew we weren't going to get him with our 16th pick and Flynn wasn't going to live up to being a top 10 pick, even before the injury. Figured after the Jazz took Hayward, that was our chance, and Kahn blew it. Damn shame.

Wasn't that rumor shot down as being not on the table?
Image
DusterBuster wrote:Klomp is like the ultimate troll mod.

Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.
User avatar
The J Rocka
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 13,529
And1: 1,705
Joined: Jun 27, 2009
Location: Minneapolis
   

Re: Around the League: 2012-2013 

Post#539 » by The J Rocka » Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:07 am

Klomp wrote:
The J Rocka wrote:I don't think I'll ever let the Flynn for 10th pick (George) go. I just can't. It bothers me so much. We knew we weren't going to get him with our 16th pick and Flynn wasn't going to live up to being a top 10 pick, even before the injury. Figured after the Jazz took Hayward, that was our chance, and Kahn blew it. Damn shame.

Wasn't that rumor shot down as being not on the table?

I remember Bird later on shot it down but I feel Bird was just keeping it on the down low. They really needed a PG at the time and Flynn still had value. Regardless, we should used that 16th pick as incentive to get into the top 10 instead of blowing it on Webster. Trade down with our 4th pick!
User avatar
Klomp
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Posts: 39,452
And1: 3,309
Joined: Jul 08, 2005
Contact:
   

Re: Around the League: 2012-2013 

Post#540 » by Klomp » Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:16 am

Falling farther out of playoff race...thanks Miami.
Image
DusterBuster wrote:Klomp is like the ultimate troll mod.

Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.
User avatar
Klomp
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Posts: 39,452
And1: 3,309
Joined: Jul 08, 2005
Contact:
   

Re: Around the League: 2012-2013 

Post#541 » by Klomp » Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:32 am

If you had a chance, would you trade for DeMarcus Cousins? Could Adelman fix him, or would he be another Beasley/Randolph?
Image
DusterBuster wrote:Klomp is like the ultimate troll mod.

Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.
User avatar
Cyborg21
General Manager
Posts: 7,814
And1: 238
Joined: Apr 14, 2005
Location: Broken Arrow, OK
Contact:
       

Re: Around the League: 2012-2013 

Post#542 » by Cyborg21 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:33 am

waaaaaaaaaaaay too many injuries to think playoffs, gotta be happy with being competitive in games, like always.
Image
#RIPOT18|Marp gonna Marp|
User avatar
The J Rocka
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 13,529
And1: 1,705
Joined: Jun 27, 2009
Location: Minneapolis
   

Re: Around the League: 2012-2013 

Post#543 » by The J Rocka » Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:36 am

Mavs with a big OT win in Sac. We better watch out for Mavs & Lakers. In a blink of an eye we could be sitting at 12th place.
User avatar
Klomp
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Posts: 39,452
And1: 3,309
Joined: Jul 08, 2005
Contact:
   

Re: Around the League: 2012-2013 

Post#544 » by Klomp » Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:38 am

Cyborg21 wrote:waaaaaaaaaaaay too many injuries to think playoffs, gotta be happy with being competitive in games, like always.

Yup, I'm starting to hit that point as well.
Image
DusterBuster wrote:Klomp is like the ultimate troll mod.

Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.
User avatar
Klomp
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Posts: 39,452
And1: 3,309
Joined: Jul 08, 2005
Contact:
   

Re: Around the League: 2012-2013 

Post#545 » by Klomp » Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:40 am

The J Rocka wrote:Mavs with a big OT win in Sac. We better watch out for Mavs & Lakers. In a blink of an eye we could be sitting at 12th place.

Dallas is 2-8 in last 10.
Image
DusterBuster wrote:Klomp is like the ultimate troll mod.

Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves