yardbarker

NCAA Wiretap Headlines

The Shved Thread!

Moderators: Basti, C.lupus, Klomp

Post#121 Re: The Shved Thread!
Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:15 am by Chocobanana

kd35sneighbor wrote:Man, I hate the Ginobili comparison. Their styles are nothing alike. When I watch Shved, I don't see anything that reminds me of Ginobili except the occasional flashy pass. Manu was a reckless machine when driving to the basket and he's much more lengthier, making difficult shots at the rim look easy. Alex is more of a simple lay up kind of guy. He's plays softer and much slower and his array of offensive moves is way basic. I see a 15-16 PPG at max potential scorer in Shved.

Agreed. I think the skill sets are somewhat similar (3s and attacking the basket) but Ginobili was known for his recklessness and instinctual play. Very unpredictable sometimes. Shved looks much more under control, but that isn't necessarily a good thing.
Ginobili was also more athletic than Shved at the same age and could penetrate better imo. Shved is much less likely to make dumb mistakes.
Chocobanana

Lead Assistant
And1: 210

Post#122 Re: The Shved Thread!
Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:14 pm by MagnusPinus

Shved is really a big playmaker.. and I'm afraid he is a bit too similar to Rubio(but with much more of a scorer mentality, and better shooting skills). But if we keep play with 2 plays on the court is fine..
GuyverADL wrote:
The only thing Curry will raise from the start of the season is his cholesterol.
People do not understand Curry's reason for wanting to be a ballerina. He wanted to be able to contort his body to be able to fit in the fridge.
MagnusPinus
Veteran
And1: 83

Post#123 Re: The Shved Thread!
Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:22 pm by Swish4

In my mind I think of Shved as a poor man's Penny Hardaway (the healthy Penny Hardaway). Way early to tell I guess. He has that potential.
Truth is more than just a point of view.
Swish4
Bench Warmer
And1: 197

Post#124 Re: The Shved Thread!
Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:24 pm by thinktank

He's Aleksey Shved. He's not like anybody else.
ESPN sucks
thinktank
Senior
And1: 66

Post#125 Re: The Shved Thread!
Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:37 pm by IShotTheMaid

Is there a website where I can get a Shved jersey or do I have to do that nba-customize thing? because Shved isn't that known.

I'm from San Diego, so there aren't any Timberwolves jereys around here.

Dude's ballin right now though.
IShotTheMaid
Ballboy
And1: 3

Post#126 Re: The Shved Thread!
Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:48 pm by Jukeness

EDIT
Jukeness
Analyst
And1: 320

Post#127 Re: The Shved Thread!
Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:05 pm by zubinho

MagnusPinus wrote:Shved is really a big playmaker.. and I'm afraid he is a bit too similar to Rubio(but with much more of a scorer mentality, and better shooting skills). But if we keep play with 2 plays on the court is fine..

I really like the fact that he is size of shooting guard or small forward and yet again he has the ability of passing the ball! Really good catch for Timberwolves! =))
zubinho
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#128 Re: The Shved Thread!
Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:43 am by Klomp

12 pts, 10 asts vs. Phoenix
DusterBuster wrote:Klomp is like the ultimate troll mod.

Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.
Klomp

Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 1,848

Post#129 Re: The Shved Thread!
Sat Jan 5, 2013 9:22 am by zubinho

Shved vs Denver Nuggets:

Shved vs Utah Jazz:
zubinho
Ballboy

Post#130 Re: The Shved Thread!
Sat Jan 5, 2013 1:52 pm by Klomp

DusterBuster wrote:Klomp is like the ultimate troll mod.

Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.
Klomp

Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 1,848

Post#131 Re: The Shved Thread!
Sat Jan 5, 2013 1:55 pm by LordBaldric

I'm starting to think Shved might be better than Rubio and also have more upside.
You don't know the power of the Dark Side!
LordBaldric

Lead Assistant
And1: 303

Post#132 Re: The Shved Thread!
Sat Jan 5, 2013 2:50 pm by Turnover_21

LordBaldric wrote:I'm starting to think Shved might be better than Rubio and also have more upside.

Same here. He's so skilled. But then I remind myself that he's already 24. I wonder how much room is there for improvement. Next season he must make a big jump because we should be fully acclimated in the US. If doesn't make big improvements next year then I think he's on the schedule to be a Jamal Crawford level player.
Turnover_21
Veteran
And1: 117

Post#133 Re: The Shved Thread!
Sat Jan 5, 2013 3:09 pm by Dewey

Turnover_21 wrote:
LordBaldric wrote:I'm starting to think Shved might be better than Rubio and also have more upside.

Same here. He's so skilled. But then I remind myself that he's already 24. I wonder how much room is there for improvement. Next season he must make a big jump because we should be fully acclimated in the US. If doesn't make big improvements next year then I think he's on the schedule to be a Jamal Crawford level player.

if he gets a little stronger, he could give us 10 years due to his skill set. Overall, I still see him as a perfect combo guard that could co-exist in a rotation along-side a healthy Rubio and a quality SG.
Flip response to Love wanting out, "He has no reason to be upset, you're either a part of the problem or a part of the solution"
Dewey
Analyst
And1: 66

Post#134 Re: The Shved Thread!
Sun Jan 6, 2013 5:47 am by zubinho

Shved vs Portland Trail Blazers
zubinho
Ballboy

Post#135 Re: The Shved Thread!
Sun Jan 6, 2013 7:07 am by NikolaPekovic

We really need the ball in his hands more. He also needs to take more shots.

hes one of the ones who can create his own shot.
NikolaPekovic
Senior
And1: 56

Post#136 Re: The Shved Thread!
Sun Jan 6, 2013 9:20 am by lobishome

Turnover_21 wrote:Same here. He's so skilled. But then I remind myself that he's already 24. I wonder how much room is there for improvement. Next season he must make a big jump because we should be fully acclimated in the US. If doesn't make big improvements next year then I think he's on the schedule to be a Jamal Crawford level player

Ricky / Lavine / Wiggins / Bennett / Dieng :pray:
lobishome
Analyst
And1: 162

Post#137 Re: The Shved Thread!
Sun Jan 6, 2013 12:04 pm by Devilzsidewalk

luckily we saved that 5 year max for Shved. Great foresight by Kahn.
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 1,715

Post#138 Re: The Shved Thread!
Sun Jan 6, 2013 1:19 pm by Basti

What I really like about his game is that even when his shot is completely off, he still has a major impact offensively. Maybe not as much as Rubio as a passer/team general but in combination with his other offensive skills it isn't far fetched to say Shved is indeed a better player right now. Rubio, however, has more potential.
Basti

Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 1,486

Post#139 Re: The Shved Thread!
Sun Jan 6, 2013 1:52 pm by C.lupus

Well of course Shved is better right now. He isnt coming off knee surgery. Luke and JJ are better than Rubio right now.Shved is not better than a healthy Rubio though. He's a better scorer but that is it. Rubio is a better passer and defender.
C.lupus

Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 3,932

Post#140 Re: AW: The Shved Thread!
Sun Jan 6, 2013 3:27 pm by cojayar

Perception.

It's all about perception.

Shved, a good shooter, averaging 10.4 pts with 39% FG and 32% 3PT.

Rubio, a bad shooter, averaged last season 10.6 pts wit 36% FG and 35% 3PT.

And last season was a "bad" season for everybody related to % due to the condensed package.

The expectation of many people who did not have a clue about Shved was low. On Rubio was high. Even achieving the same, people would not valuate it at the same level.
cojayar
Sophomore
And1: 15

PreviousNext

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves