yardbarker

NCAA Wiretap Headlines

Brandon Roy Recaps

Moderators: Basti, Klomp, C.lupus

Post#1 Brandon Roy Recaps
Wed Nov 7, 2012 12:48 am by Shem

Ben Golliver over at BlazersEdge put together a series of links and quotes about what is being said about Brandon Roy I thought you guys would be interested in knowing about:

http://www.blazersedge.com/2012/11/6/36 ... ook-so-far
April 4, 2014:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:I never said Dallas was good as Portland

Earlier on December 8, 2013:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:That's the Whole Point Portland is No better than Dallas
Shem

RealGM
And1: 1,165

Post#2 Re: Brandon Roy Recaps
Wed Nov 7, 2012 1:21 am by cpfsf

We all knew coming into the season that he wasn't the same Roy who played in Portland. Why else would we offer a 2 year contract that isn't even guaranteed in the second year. His body just isn't on the same page as what he wants to do. His on court awareness can be seen by his ability to facilitate, but he needs prove that he can be fluid, reliable, and capable of shooting if he wants to keep the starting job. I'd actually be content if he came off the bench. He complements our shooters pretty well.
cpfsf
General Manager
And1: 366

Post#3 Re: Brandon Roy Recaps
Wed Nov 7, 2012 3:16 am by packforfreedom

what i like is his ability to pass the ball. he might have the best courtvision in the team right know along with shved. Sure his dribbling a aweful and he slow as Eddy Curry, but i'd like to give him the chance. I think he needs some time to adjust his game to his new phyisical limits. Often when he get's the ball, his body language seems like he wants to drive to the basket but then his brain kicks in and he kind of stops in motion. once he learns to trust his jump shot and using his bb iq, he's gonna be an efficent overall player for us (at least on offense)
Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better. Minnesota Timberwolves
packforfreedom

Junior
And1: 153

Post#4 Re: Brandon Roy Recaps
Wed Nov 7, 2012 3:19 am by Calinks

Again I will say, injury or not missing 18 months of NBA level basketball sets you back tremendously. Even guys like Rubio and Love could be off for weeks when they get back. Add Roy's injury and if he can get back to being a solid player, it could still take some time.

When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
Calinks
RealGM
And1: 940

Post#5 Re: Brandon Roy Recaps
Wed Nov 7, 2012 6:03 am by lobishome

I think the Roy's problem isn't the lack of games, mainly it's a physical problem. The fact is sometimes looks like he had peg legs, most of all the right knee (I think).

Maybe the most realistic future for Roy is look after his health and try to measure out his minutes along each game and the full season for try to have the best Roy at March-April. He still has very usefull skills for play important games. I think when Rubio come back Roy mustn't to play more than 15/20 minutes, except in special cases.

Or perhaps Adelman wants to test him now and it's a better idea. :dontknow:
lobishome
Veteran
And1: 118

Post#6 Re: Brandon Roy Recaps
Wed Nov 7, 2012 6:16 am by Basti

Being someone who has issues with knees himself I can tell you that some days they feel great and you feel like you could jump all day but then you have days when they feel exhausted and every step hurts. Even without any kind of stress that day or prior. We have to be patient with him.
Basti

Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 1,375

Post#7 Re: Brandon Roy Recaps
Wed Nov 7, 2012 6:18 pm by wolves_fan_82au

i havent been ableto see a game yet but looking at those assists numbers hes 2nd on our team
but everything else is way below avg,how is his defense ?
teams supporting
NBA-Minnesota t-wolves
NHL-Toronto Mapleleafs
NFL-Miami Dolphins
MLB-???
Others:Wests Tigers,Leeds United,Schalke,VVV,Sydney Kings,Tatsuma Ito
wolves_fan_82au
Assistant Coach
And1: 5

Post#8 Re: Brandon Roy Recaps
Wed Nov 7, 2012 10:49 pm by Devilzsidewalk

i don't think he's injured, but he doesn't have that basketball conditioning you get from playing uninterrupted for years. Any of you that's played a competitive full court game know how physically demanding it is, and Roy hasn't gotten back that kind of spring in his body that you get from playing high level full court basketball over a long period of time, but if he stays structurally healthy, he should slowly get it back.
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 1,229

Post#9 Re: Brandon Roy Recaps
Thu Nov 8, 2012 12:08 am by Steve_Holiday

I don't think he's technically "injured," but Roy is definitely limited by his injuries. This isn't about him being out of game shape...he just can't move very well. Time to heal and therapy/strength will be bigger keys to him getting better than just pure conditioning.
Steve_Holiday
Senior
And1: 4

Post#10 Re: Brandon Roy Recaps
Thu Nov 8, 2012 3:04 am by southern wolf

I saw him grimacing and slightly limping a few times tonight.
southern wolf

Head Coach
And1: 512

Post#11 Re: Brandon Roy Recaps
Thu Nov 8, 2012 6:05 am by Basti

Devilzsidewalk wrote:i don't think he's injured, but he doesn't have that basketball conditioning you get from playing uninterrupted for years. Any of you that's played a competitive full court game know how physically demanding it is, and Roy hasn't gotten back that kind of spring in his body that you get from playing high level full court basketball over a long period of time, but if he stays structurally healthy, he should slowly get it back.

That's true. The first time I played ball again after I sat out for several months I felt like I had smoked three packs of cigarettes before the game. It wasn't just me being out of shape but it felt like the knees required extra stamina.
Basti

Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 1,375

Post#12 Re: Brandon Roy Recaps
Thu Nov 8, 2012 11:39 am by TMo519

I think having him with the starters helps take pressure off him. And it allows him to be more of a playmaker than a scorer, which right now he's doing a much better job. It's gonna take a while before he becomes consistent with his offensive game outside of passing, as long as structurally, he's not having pain from the joints.

But that passing part of his game is still important out there. Our PGs right now aren't the greatest of distributors, so having another guy out there who can move the ball and set guys up for easy buckets is important. I'm willing to be patient about his development. If we can wait on a Wes Johnson, who didn't provide a whole lot of anything, we can be patient with Roy who's at least giving us ball movement and IQ out there to make the offense run.
TMo519
Rookie
And1: 8

Post#13 Re: Brandon Roy Recaps
Thu Nov 8, 2012 5:20 pm by funkatron101

Guys...Guys..I have an idea, here me out.

Let's trade Brandon Roy for....Randy Foye!

DatNYKnicka on 6/21/2011 wrote: And as for Dwight Howard to LA rumors...its all b.s. I bet my left nut Dwight Howard goes to Houston.
funkatron101
Head Coach
And1: 483

Post#14 Re: Brandon Roy Recaps
Fri Nov 9, 2012 11:44 pm by Shem

https://twitter.com/OregonianSports/sta ... 5858692096

Oregonian Sports ‏@OregonianSports

Brandon Roy leaves Timberwolves' game at halftime with sore knee http://orne.ws/SBCVh6
April 4, 2014:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:I never said Dallas was good as Portland

Earlier on December 8, 2013:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:That's the Whole Point Portland is No better than Dallas
Shem

RealGM
And1: 1,165

Post#15 Re: Brandon Roy Recaps
Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:02 am by Klomp

We know. We watched the game. It was only precautionary.
DusterBuster wrote:Klomp is like the ultimate troll mod.

Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.
Klomp

Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 1,351

Post#16 Re: Brandon Roy Recaps
Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:10 am by The J Rocka

Blazer fans can't wait for him to go down. :-?
Sig by C.lupus
The J Rocka

Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 1,188

Post#17 Re: Brandon Roy Recaps
Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:15 am by Klomp

The J Rocka wrote:Blazer fans can't wait for him to go down. :-?

Which I'm really surprised about. I thought he was their favorite son...

Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.
Klomp

Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#18 Re: Brandon Roy Recaps
Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:18 am by Mattya

Yea I'm kind of suprised by some of their fans as well. I hope they at least cheer for him when he has his comeback game.
Mattya

Head Coach
And1: 752

Post#19 Re: Brandon Roy Recaps
Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:36 am by Saltine

Seems he just banged his knee into someone again, nothing big :)
He's on the plane to Chicago at the moment.
Saltine

Assistant Coach
And1: 279

Post#20 Re: Brandon Roy Recaps
Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:38 am by Klomp

Like I said in the game thread, when they said it was a "sore" knee, I wasn't concerned. We've been very careful with him, and I'm not surprised we held him out.

Klomp

Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Next

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves