Tirion wrote:I watched some of Dallas-NY game to scout them and feel better about my prediction already.
1) Not only they have no Dirk, Marion is out this week too.
2) Because of that their D is suspect. Knicks got a lot of easy point of backdoor cuts (good news for AK) and generally were able to generate good looks without much pressure.
3) To piggyback on previous point, Mayo and Collinson are below average defenders individually and Crowder while being above average is a rookie and prone to mistakes.
4) A lot of turnovers. Collinson and Mayo are new to the team and it shows. Mayo is also just not a smart player in general.
5) Their offense is better than their defense, but not by that much. They have no post presence other than Kaman, Mayo was carrying them by being hot from three, but that is not sustainable.
Boom! Weak-ass Mavs.