ImageImageImage

No Love November (Love will not save us... but AK-47 will)

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Tirion
Assistant Coach
And1: 290

No Love November (Love will not save us... but AK-47 will) 

Post#1 » by Tirion » Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:46 am

Damn, I'm telling ya Love better hit the ground running and thank the guys who are carrying his load right now.

Meanwhile, upcoming schedule:

10 @ Chicago – Barea, Roy out? Thankfully Chicago offense is not that good, in fact they play a lot like the Pacers. PEK should go off on Noah, who's too light and french to provide much resistance. And Boozer is a horrible defender, so more meat for Lion? AK can handle Deng and that should be a hard earned win. (W)

12 @ Dallas – I hear Dirk is out additional month? They are solid though and looked good early in the season. Roy and/or Barea may be back for this one. This is a toss-up imo, but the win would be huge for playoff positioning. **** it. (W)

14 vs Charlotte – Are you kidding me? (W)

16 vs Golden State - They can get hot at any given night, but otherwise? Wolves better. (W)

21 vs Denver – Too much talent. (L)

23 @ Portland – Roy kills them. (W)

24 @ Golden State – This is that game were they probably get stupid hot from three and it's a tail end of a b-2-b. (L)

27 @ Sacramento – Will they fire their coach by then? If not it's a win. (W)

28 @ L.A. Clippers – Clippers are deep and good. Again too much talent, plus it's a 2nd of a b-2-b and the last game of a long road trip. (L)

30 vs Milwuakee – Should bounce back at home. (W)

What do you think?
southern wolf
General Manager
And1: 2,163

Re: No Love November (Love will not save us... but AK-47 wil 

Post#2 » by southern wolf » Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:15 am

Love AND Rubio better thank the others carrying their load.

It's a fairly easy run but there could be a few surprise losses in there. I think we'll go about 5-5.
Tirion
Assistant Coach

Post#3 » by Tirion » Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:07 pm

I watched some of Dallas-NY game to scout them and feel better about my prediction already.

1) Not only they have no Dirk, Marion is out this week too.
2) Because of that their D is suspect. Knicks got a lot of easy point of backdoor cuts (good news for AK) and generally were able to generate good looks without much pressure.
3) To piggyback on previous point, Mayo and Collinson are below average defenders individually and Crowder while being above average is a rookie and prone to mistakes.
4) A lot of turnovers. Collinson and Mayo are new to the team and it shows. Mayo is also just not a smart player in general.
5) Their offense is better than their defense, but not by that much. They have no post presence other than Kaman, Mayo was carrying them by being hot from three, but that is not sustainable.
Foye
Club Captain- German Soccer
And1: 3,444

Post#4 » by Foye » Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:05 pm

I would most definitely predict a loss today. Chicago without Rose is still a tough team to beat at home and we're on the 2nd night of a b2b.
funfactor
Junior
And1: 76

Post#5 » by funfactor » Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:13 pm

My mind tells me that tonight it's gonna be tough and finally we are going to lose, but i can't avoid having the feeling that we are going to win again. Maybe im going nuts!!
NikolaPekovic
Rookie
And1: 344

Post#6 » by NikolaPekovic » Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:54 pm

Foye wrote:I would most definitely predict a loss today. Chicago without Rose is still a tough team to beat at home and we're on the 2nd night of a b2b.

thats what ppl said about us playing the nets. :D
younggunsmn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,301

Post#7 » by younggunsmn » Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:24 pm

I would say 5-5 and not be terribly disappointed with that. Chicago and Dallas are very well coached, veteran teams. Don't underestimate them. I also wouldn't be surprised if Love is back by thanksgiving.

The Clippers are the one team that has really impressed me thus far as improving over last year. Crawford and Barnes are great role players, Odom might eventually go on a diet and be serviceable, and Billups isn't even back yet. That team is deep as long as Paul/Griffin/Jordan all stay healthy.

Outside the Clippers, Wolves, and Hornets, I think every team in the West is either about the same or has regressed a little bit. I'm not sold on the Nuggets either. They have alot of slightly above avg talent and athleticism, but no star players. It's going to be hard for them to be consistent.
eyeteeth
Starter
And1: 147

Post#8 » by eyeteeth » Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:14 pm

I think they could go 6-4, or even 7-3... but need to win tonight. Tonight's a tough test, I'm pretty stoked.

Also, yeah, Love comes back in here somewhere.

10 @ Chicago(W)
12 @ Dallas(L)
14 vs Charlotte(W)
16 vs Golden State - (W)
21 vs Denver(W) }
23 @ Portland(W) }
24 @ Golden State(L) } }We will lose one or two of these four.
27 @ Sacramento(W) }
28 @ L.A. Clippers(W)
30 vs Milwuakee(W)

@Youngguns, I agree about Denver.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,582

Post#9 » by Klomp » Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:51 am

Steve Aschburner ‏@AschNBA

MIN Kevin Love flexing R hand, oddly NOT discolored/swollen after 2 fractures/surgery: "You would think after punching somebody..." Wink.

Steve Aschburner ‏@AschNBA

Love only doing flexibility work w. R hand, not strengthening. 2B examined in week or two. He, Rubio and Brandon Roy (knee), MIN-CHI.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Tirion
Assistant Coach

Post#10 » by Tirion » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:50 am

Meh, I underisitmated Chicago's defense, which is elite when they have both Taj and Noah on the floor.

Dallas looks even more shaky though, lost to Charlotte.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,136

Post#11 » by Calinks » Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:05 am

I knew Chicago would be tough. You aren't just walking over them. Now that love comment about punching, am I grasping at straws here or is that hint that he may have really broken his hand because he punched somebody?
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
guille_4
Sixth Man
And1: 845

Post#12 » by guille_4 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:16 am

Let's hope for a 6-4, but to be honest I'd be happy with anything better than 4-6. Starting the season without both Rubio and Love, a 50% record sounds pretty good. Let's hope Budinger is fine! Loving what I'm seeing from him!
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#13 » by Klomp » Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:24 pm

Calinks wrote:I knew Chicago would be tough. You aren't just walking over them. Now that love comment about punching, am I grasping at straws here or is that hint that he may have really broken his hand because he punched somebody?

I don't think so. I think he's just saying it because that's what everyone thinks, hence the wink.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Basti
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,678

Post#14 » by Basti » Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:27 pm

I just don't get it why everyone is so up in arms about Love possibly breaking his hand after punching someone or something.*

Why does it matter how it happened? It happened. Period. As long as he learns from it and doesn't do it again I couldn't care less.

*It's also safe to assume that if he actually hit someone this person would have publicly said anything about it.
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,472

Post#15 » by Worm Guts » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:17 pm

The only reason I have a tendency to believe Love's story is because if he was making it up, he should have been able to come up with something better.
eyeteeth
Starter
And1: 147

Post#16 » by eyeteeth » Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:23 pm

Are you kidding me? You know KLove was doin knuckle pushups like a boss.
sisibilio
Head Coach
And1: 1,043

Post#17 » by sisibilio » Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:52 pm

Basti wrote:*It's also safe to assume that if he actually hit someone this person would have publicly said anything about it.

Unless he got paid some grands if he didn't.
Not that i think what Love said isn't true.
If you want to try to measure the elements of basketball that are supposedly unmeasurable, spend a game just watching Marc Gasol.
@MikePradaSBN

Wembanyama was created to end all LeBron vs Jordan debates
Tirion
Assistant Coach

Post#18 » by Tirion » Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:11 pm

Worm Guts wrote:The only reason I have a tendency to believe Love's story is because if he was making it up, he should have been able to come up with something better.

unless he's even smarter than you think and uses the "if I was lying, I would've come up with better story" angle to his advantage.
Tirion
Assistant Coach

Post#19 » by Tirion » Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:14 pm

Basti wrote:I just don't get it why everyone is so up in arms about Love possibly breaking his hand after punching someone or something.*

Because if the team starts slow and misses the playoffs because of that, it'll be his fault. He was crying and moaning about "surrounding greatness with greatness" and now when they actually have some good players, where is he?
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#20 » by Klomp » Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:47 pm

Tirion wrote:
Worm Guts wrote:The only reason I have a tendency to believe Love's story is because if he was making it up, he should have been able to come up with something better.

unless he's even smarter than you think and uses the "if I was lying, I would've come up with better story" angle to his advantage.

You mean like this?

The suggestion was made to Love that if he was seriously trying to cover up some bad or embarrassing behavior he would've created a more believable tale.

"I would have done some crazy story, the way my mind works. But I can't even think of anything better right now," Love said, wearing a white cast on his arm with a freshly shaved head that's part of a breast cancer fundraiser with NFL star Larry Fitzgerald.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/85774 ... k-accident

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves