ImageImageImage

No Love November (Love will not save us... but AK-47 will)

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,517

Re: No Love November (Love will not save us... but AK-47 wil 

Post#41 » by Worm Guts » Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:02 pm

Tirion wrote:I don't know how you do it in Spain, but the way good teams do it in the NBA is to bang out as more wins as possible early, so you can coast a bit in the middle of the season and have some buffer in case injuries strike. Then you start going hard again by the end of the season to be in top form for playoffs.

Actually it's pretty common for the elite teams to coast during the regular season. The Lakers from the early 2000's were notorious for it.
Tirion
Assistant Coach
And1: 290

Post#42 » by Tirion » Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:19 pm

Worm Guts wrote:
Tirion wrote:I don't know how you do it in Spain, but the way good teams do it in the NBA is to bang out as more wins as possible early, so you can coast a bit in the middle of the season and have some buffer in case injuries strike. Then you start going hard again by the end of the season to be in top form for playoffs.

Actually it's pretty common for the elite teams to coast during the regular season. The Lakers from the early 2000's were notorious for it.

I don't think you've read my post. You coast in the middle of the season, if you have enough wins already to afford it.

Also, those Lakers had Shaq and Kobe. The league rules didn't (and still don't) apply to them.
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#43 » by Worm Guts » Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:25 pm

I read your post, and I don't think it's true. Teams coast in the NBA more than in any other sport, at the beginning, end and middle.
Tirion
Assistant Coach

Post#44 » by Tirion » Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:28 pm

lobishome wrote:No, you're wrong, trust me.

Trust you about what? You obviously not paying attention, if you think there is no urgency to win games right now.

Why do you think Love was out there 2 weeks before his projected return, playing 30+ min in a "meaningless" game?
Why do you think they chose to "surprise" everybody and didn't peep a word to the media beforehand?
They wanted to mess Denver's gameplan.
They wanted to win that game. Badly.
A matchup vs division rival with playoffs seeding implications, plus the last home game before a long road trip, plus they need to snap that losing streak. You could see that on their faces in the end of the game. That loss hurt, that loss wasn't suppose to happen.
Tirion
Assistant Coach

Post#45 » by Tirion » Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:35 pm

Worm Guts wrote:I read your post, and I don't think it's true. Teams coast in the NBA more than in any other sport, at the beginning, end and middle.

You still don't get it. What does other sports have to do with it? Or the majority of the teams? I'm talking about NBA and elite teams. Look at Spurs pretty much every year.
lobishome
Analyst
And1: 632

Post#46 » by lobishome » Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:42 pm

Tirion wrote:

Trust you about what? You obviously not paying attention, if you think there is no urgency to win games right now.

Why do you think Love was out there 2 weeks before his projected return, playing 30+ min in a "meaningless" game?
Why do you think they chose to "surprise" everybody and didn't peep a word to the media beforehand?
A matchup vs division rival with playoffs seeding implications, plus the last home game before a long road trip, plus they need to snap that losing streak. You could see that on their faces in the end of the game. That loss hurt, that loss wasn't suppose to happen.

No, you're wrong, don't be stubborn.
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#47 » by Worm Guts » Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:46 pm

Tirion wrote:
Worm Guts wrote:I read your post, and I don't think it's true. Teams coast in the NBA more than in any other sport, at the beginning, end and middle.

You still don't get it. What does other sports have to do with it? Or the majority of the teams? I'm talking about NBA and elite teams. Look at Spurs pretty much every year.

There's nothing to get here, it's straight forward. I gave you a specific example of an elite team that coasted at the beginning of every year and you dismissed it because it disproved you're point. There's no reason to continue this argument.
Yes We Kahn
Bench Warmer
And1: 18

Post#48 » by Yes We Kahn » Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:00 pm

NBA teams are known for coasting through the season. Is this really a discussion?
Tirion
Assistant Coach

Post#49 » by Tirion » Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:36 pm

Worm Guts wrote:
Tirion wrote:

There's nothing to get here, it's straight forward. I gave you a specific example of an elite team that coasted at the beginning of every year and you dismissed it because it disproved you're point.

No, I told you that the Lakers are an exeption, cause they had 2 of top 5 best players in the league at the time, one of them happend to be the most dominant player of the 00's. So they could affort to coast whenever. I don't know if that's groundbreaking news to you, but when you have that much more talent than your competition, you can allow yourself to not sweat the strategy stuff.
Tirion
Assistant Coach

Post#50 » by Tirion » Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:38 pm

lobishome wrote:
Tirion wrote:

No, you're wrong, don't be stubborn.

Actually, I'm right. You run along now, funny Spanish guy. Chop, chop.
Yes We Kahn
Bench Warmer
And1: 18

Post#51 » by Yes We Kahn » Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:33 am

You're wrong
theGreatRC
RealGM
And1: 4,882

Post#52 » by theGreatRC » Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:51 am

I agree with Tirion.

Every game counts, the West is going to be a dog fight and 11 out of 15 teams in the West are fighting for a chance.
Dysfunctional Wolves fan
lobishome
Analyst
And1: 632

Post#53 » by lobishome » Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:18 am

theGreatRC wrote:I agree with Tirion.

Every game counts, the West is going to be a dog fight and 11 out of 15 teams in the West are fighting for a chance.

No, you're wrong, if you want to play the playoffs, the last games are more important than November-December's games. I don't admit arguments against this.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves