ImageImageImage

We need a body at the wing Suggestions?

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Re: We need a body at the wing Suggestions? 

Post#61 » by No-Man » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:46 am

Matthews?
Basti
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,678

Post#62 » by Basti » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:55 am

Klomp wrote:
The J Rocka wrote:Kahn at the Hawks-Blazers game
Chris Haynes ‏@ChrisBHaynes
Interesting, Minnesota Timberwolves GM David Kahn is in the building. What you think about that?

Maybe he's looking at Morrow?

Williams, Roy, Ridnour for Batum

Maybe I'm missing something here but we can't trade for Batum until next summer. Remember that, according to the CBA, a team has to wait one year to trade for a RFA who they tried signing to but eventually got matched by the old team.
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

Post#63 » by C.lupus » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:16 pm

Interesting, Minnesota Timberwolves GM David Kahn is in the building. What you think about that?

Kahn just enjoys trolling the Blazers.
Junior
And1: 112

Post#64 » by ... » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:22 pm

C.lupus wrote:

Kahn just enjoys trolling the Blazers.

:lol: I like to think he is doing just that.
packforfreedom
Analyst
And1: 4,020

Post#65 » by packforfreedom » Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:02 pm

or for a fight (with Olshey). everybody on our team does that, so why not Kahn?
cpfsf
General Manager
And1: 1,104
Location: sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell

Post#66 » by cpfsf » Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:34 pm

Why would you send in the GM? Wouldn't that just make you sound more desperate because the team sent the manager to spend all that time and money to see the game? If you have to send in someone, why not just bring in some scout. Heck, pay for my plane ticket & hotel room and I'll gladly tape the Lakers/Heat game.

sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,509

Post#67 » by Worm Guts » Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:44 pm

It probably doesn't cost anymore money to send David Kahn to a game than it does anyone else. I don't see an issue.
cpfsf
General Manager

Post#68 » by cpfsf » Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:57 pm

Worm Guts wrote:It probably doesn't cost anymore money to send David Kahn to a game than it does anyone else. I don't see an issue.

The money wasn't really my main point. I'm questioning the benefit of sending the team's GM as opposed to some nameless scout.

sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,792

Post#69 » by Klomp » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:09 pm

cpfsf wrote:
Worm Guts wrote:It probably doesn't cost anymore money to send David Kahn to a game than it does anyone else. I don't see an issue.

The money wasn't really my main point. I'm questioning the benefit of sending the team's GM as opposed to some nameless scout.

Not even sure we "sent" him. He's from Portland, he's probably just taking in a game while he's home.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
cpfsf
General Manager

Post#70 » by cpfsf » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:30 pm

Klomp wrote:
cpfsf wrote:

Not even sure we "sent" him. He's from Portland, he's probably just taking in a game while he's home.

My mistake. I always thought he was from Indiana and had ties to Portland.

Saltine
Lead Assistant
And1: 911

Post#71 » by Saltine » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:01 pm

Kahn could be scouting Morrow, they don't seem to need him in Atlanta.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#72 » by Klomp » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:50 pm

Saltine wrote:Kahn could be scouting Morrow, they don't seem to need him in Atlanta.

How bad is my value?

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=b49ngc2

I like the concept of MIN, ATL, and a 3rd team. Just trying to find that 3rd team is tough.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Krapinsky
RealGM
And1: 1,929

Post#73 » by Krapinsky » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:38 pm

Klomp wrote:
Saltine wrote:Kahn could be scouting Morrow, they don't seem to need him in Atlanta.

How bad is my value?

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=b49ngc2

I like the concept of MIN, ATL, and a 3rd team. Just trying to find that 3rd team is tough.

Atlanta didn't dump Joe Johnson and Marvin Williams so they could take on Amare's bum knees and contract.
FinnTheHuman wrote: Your post is just garbage.

NewWolvesOrder wrote:Garbage post, indeed.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#74 » by Klomp » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:19 am

“@DarrenWolfson: Sources: #Twolves worked out Josh Howard yesterday. More to come on http://t.co/SFbbMm0c when an editor can post my story.”

Here it is

Two league sources said the Wolves worked out free agent wing Josh Howard in Dallas on Monday. The team had a healthy contingent there for the night's game vs. the Mavericks. The Wolves have also started talks again with free agent wing Mickael Pietrus' camp. With no salary cap flexibility barring a trade, it's a matter of convincing someone to take what they can offer and enjoy the minutes.

The Wolves turned down the chance to sign free agent power forward Kenyon Martin on Tuesday. Martin is willing to come in for the veteran's minimum.

After hearing that Chase Budinger will miss three to four months with a torn meniscus, the Wolves seem intent on adding someone in the near future. The team can create a roster spot by releasing point guard Will Conroy, or they can apply for an additional roster spot through the league office.

The need for a big body is somewhat minimized by the good news they received on center Nikola Pekovic's left ankle on Tuesday. A source close to Pekovic said, "He's fine. It's just a sprain. There's no structural damage." The source wasn't sure though if he could return as soon as Wednesday for the game vs. Charlotte at Target Center.

http://m.1500espn.com/pages/sportswire. ... trus111312

The J Rocka
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,730

Post#75 » by The J Rocka » Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:15 am

I'm surprised Martin is still a FA. He's actually a pretty decent player still, at least from what I saw last season. Too bad we have no need for him.

As for Howard, meh. We must be pretty desperate for a body since Pietrus is holding out.
Esohny
RealGM
And1: 339

Post#76 » by Esohny » Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:30 am

The J Rocka wrote:I'm surprised Martin is still a FA. He's actually a pretty decent player still, at least from what I saw last season. Too bad we have no need for him.

As for Howard, meh. We must be pretty desperate for a body since Pietrus is holding out.

Could always trade Williams for that SG and then sign Martin to play off the bench.
SMAC-K wrote:Mayo>>>>Love and that 5th pick
OJ Mayo is one of the best defenders in the league, hes a two way player and hes a great passer and playmaker.
The J Rocka
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,730

Post#77 » by The J Rocka » Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:51 am

Esohny wrote:
The J Rocka wrote:I'm surprised Martin is still a FA. He's actually a pretty decent player still, at least from what I saw last season. Too bad we have no need for him.

Could always trade Williams for that SG and then sign Martin to play off the bench.

Pretty much what I would do. I would've signed Martin over Lou anyways and then have Cunningham take Williams' spot to play the 3/4.
theGreatRC
RealGM
And1: 4,882

Post#78 » by theGreatRC » Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:54 am

Can we get Jeremy Lamb from OKC?
Dysfunctional Wolves fan
Esohny
RealGM
And1: 339

Post#79 » by Esohny » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:14 am

theGreatRC wrote:Can we get Jeremy Lamb from OKC?

With Williams? No, unless it's a 3-way, and even then probably not, since they wanted a long term SG when they traded Harden.
SMAC-K wrote:Mayo>>>>Love and that 5th pick
OJ Mayo is one of the best defenders in the league, hes a two way player and hes a great passer and playmaker.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,383

Post#80 » by shrink » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:22 am

Also, OKC's finances probably wouldn't like Derrick Williams salary.

It shows how jacked up your payroll gets when you have big deals to more than two players. The rookie scale for the #2 pick is still expensive for them.
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves