ImageImageImage

We need a body at the wing Suggestions?

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Tirion
Assistant Coach
And1: 290

Re: We need a body at the wing Suggestions? 

Post#101 » by Tirion » Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:59 pm

All I see is a bunch of Philly fans bitching, hardly a new sight. They thought he was a superstar in the making, he isn't. Still a solid starter with potential for improvement, therefore trade value much much higher than D-Will.
Krapinsky
RealGM
And1: 1,929

Post#102 » by Krapinsky » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:03 am

Tirion wrote:All I see is a bunch of Philly fans bitching, hardly a new sight. They thought he was a superstar in the making, he isn't. Still a solid starter with potential for improvement, therefore trade value much much higher than D-Will.

You're underselling Williams. He has struggled, no doubt, but he's only 21. His upside is much greater than Turner who is already 24.
FinnTheHuman wrote: Your post is just garbage.

NewWolvesOrder wrote:Garbage post, indeed.
Dewey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,018

Post#103 » by Dewey » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:12 am

If we could get Turner for DW, I would be giddy ... he would fit much better in adelmans offense and he can defend. RA runs a lot of two guard and ET has the ball-handling to do it. Neither is going to be a superstar. ET any day of the week n questions asked. DW is a slug ... just watching him run/jog makes me quiver.
Flip response to Love wanting out, "He has no reason to be upset, you're either a part of the problem or a part of the solution"
Tirion
Assistant Coach

Post#104 » by Tirion » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:19 am

Krapinsky wrote:
Tirion wrote:All I see is a bunch of Philly fans bitching, hardly a new sight. They thought he was a superstar in the making, he isn't. Still a solid starter with potential for improvement, therefore trade value much much higher than D-Will.

You're underselling Williams. He has struggled, no doubt, but he's only 21. His upside is much greater than Turner who is already 24.

Turner has one elite NBA skill - rebounding from a wing position and one above average - defense. He can work with that and improve on that.

D-Will had played very good defense so far, but the sample size is too small to say that D is his definite strenth. Other than that what else he has to offer to an NBA team? His rebounding is below average for a PF, he can't shoot, he can't finish at the rim, he can't dribble. He has no role. And the worst thing is - he still thinks he's an iso scorer in this league and at this point it's delusional. He will never be an efficient iso scorer at this level. He simply not good enough. He needs to swallow his pride and #2 pick hype and re-evaluate his skillset. He can still be a defensive-minded, rebounding role player, who scores off putbacks, a-la CunningHAM. The All-Star dream is dead and the sooner he accepts it and start working on his rebounding, the better he will be in the long run.
NewWolvesOrder
Head Coach
And1: 1,262

Post#105 » by NewWolvesOrder » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:22 am

Korver & Hawks 1st pick DWill?

We get Bud's replacement who is expiring thus providing us with flexebility to resign Bud and Pek in the summer. Plus get a pick to show for trading Williams.
Krapinsky
RealGM

Post#106 » by Krapinsky » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:23 am

The hate has gone overboard. He's going to be fine. He's playing more than solid defense and rebounding better. That's something to build on. His shots will start falling. I'm guessing he gets 20 + tonight.

Tirion
Assistant Coach

Post#107 » by Tirion » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:41 am

Krapinsky wrote:His shots will start falling.

Yeah, that's what they said about Wes.

It's not about "shots falling" - and he's a bad shooter, his mechanics are horrible, that leg kicking - uggh.

It's about him, driving on 2 or 3 defenders from the free throw line with his eyes closed and throwing up something that doesn't even remotely resemble any kind of shot, time and time again. He had a full year of that happening and he's still doing it. That's a tell-tale sign of a player who just can't adapt to a higher level of competition.
Dewey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,018

Post#108 » by Dewey » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:57 am

Krapinsky wrote:The hate has gone overboard. He's going to be fine. He's playing more than solid defense and rebounding better. That's something to build on. His shots will start falling. I'm guessing he gets 20 + tonight.

yeh whatever ...

This isnt kansas anymore like it was pre-Rube ... he can ball or he can't. I'm not seeing much for any signs of consistency. He's had a grand opportunity wiith Love out and not much going. ET fits Adelmans system much better - neither will be an all-star and I'd be happy to snag ET for DW.

Reminds me of Beas in such a way that you just never know what you'll get anytime they step on the floor - just immature people by nature.
LordBaldric
General Manager
And1: 1,970

Post#109 » by LordBaldric » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:02 am

Tirion wrote:
Krapinsky wrote:His shots will start falling.

Yeah, that's what they said about Wes.

It's not about "shots falling" - and he's a bad shooter, his mechanics are horrible, that leg kicking - uggh.

It's about him, driving on 2 or 3 defenders from the free throw line with his eyes closed and throwing up something that doesn't even remotely resemble any kind of shot, time and time again. He had a full year of that happening and he's still doing it. That's a tell-tale sign of a player who just can't adapt to a higher level of competition.

Ah yes, the famous D-Will mud runs...
NewWolvesOrder
Head Coach
And1: 1,262

Post#110 » by NewWolvesOrder » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:12 am

Turnover_21 wrote:Korver & Hawks 1st pick DWill?

We get Bud's replacement who is expiring thus providing us with flexebility to resign Bud and Pek in the summer. Plus get a pick to show for trading Williams.

Is it too much to ask for at this point?
Tirion
Assistant Coach

Post#111 » by Tirion » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:33 am

Krapinsky wrote:His shots will start falling. I'm guessing he gets 20 + tonight.

Any minute now.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,100

Post#112 » by Calinks » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:39 am

Krapinsky wrote:I think revisiting the Turner for Williams trade makes sense. Neither player fits with their current team and being in a different system could help both players.

I really don't think the Sixers would do it. I would jump ALL OVER it.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
AQuintus
RealGM
And1: 2,458

Post#113 » by AQuintus » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:58 am

Williams for Wes Matthews?

Blazers fans for the last few years have been open to moving Matthews. He's a good defender, good 3 point shooter, and plays team ball, but he's arguably overpaid on his current contract.
Murphs56
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,236

Post#114 » by Murphs56 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:09 am

Williams stock is as low as it's ever been and when Love gets back and DC eats all of his minutes, you can bet it will even be lower
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

Post#115 » by C.lupus » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:02 pm

Krapinsky wrote:The hate has gone overboard. He's going to be fine. He's playing more than solid defense and rebounding better. That's something to build on. His shots will start falling. I'm guessing he gets 20 + tonight.

I'm just not buying it anymore. Yes, he's rebounding a bit better and his D is a bit better and he has imroved his passing but he has changed nothing on his offensive game from last year. Zero improvement. His shot isn't going to just magically start falling because his mechanics on his J are crap and his mud runs to the basket don't work in the NBA. Right now he is a slightly more productive Wes Johnson.
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,457

Post#116 » by Worm Guts » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:05 pm

I still have a hard time believing a guy who was insanely efficient in college can't make a shot in the NBA. Something's changed, maybe he's mentally broken. I think he's physically capable of succeeding but so were Jonny Flynn and Wes Johnson.
LordBaldric
General Manager
And1: 1,970

Post#117 » by LordBaldric » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:34 pm

Looks like we signed Josh Howard.
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#118 » by Devilzsidewalk » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:44 pm

and continuing in the tradition of signing guys we could've/should've drafted years ago while still in their prime...Josh Howard ladies and gents!!! I'm already looking forward to signing a 42 year old Ray Allen
Krapinsky
RealGM

Post#119 » by Krapinsky » Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:32 pm

Turner had a real dud of a game last night too. I think the trade value of these guys isn't far off at all. Turner is a 24 year old wing player with a 12 PER and a $6M avg salary this year and next.

Esohny
RealGM
And1: 339

Post#120 » by Esohny » Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:52 pm

Almost time to trade Williams for Redick and maybe dump some salary at the same time (Ridnour, most likely).
SMAC-K wrote:Mayo>>>>Love and that 5th pick
OJ Mayo is one of the best defenders in the league, hes a two way player and hes a great passer and playmaker.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves