ImageImageImage

We need a body at the wing Suggestions?

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

cpfsf
General Manager
And1: 1,104
Location: sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell

Re: We need a body at the wing Suggestions? 

Post#221 » by cpfsf » Mon Dec 3, 2012 9:05 pm

I'm not going to rule out Tony Allen this upcoming off season. It's more like replacing a flat tire than switching from a Toyota to a Bentley, but I just don't trust Kirilenko's health.

sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell
The J Rocka
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,730

Post#222 » by The J Rocka » Tue Dec 4, 2012 2:49 am

AQuintus wrote:
The J Rocka wrote:No more talks of getting AA. It's not going to happen, especially with Williams as the centerpiece of any deal.

Pretty much Redick or GTFO.

Either we could have gotten Afllalo or we couldn't have. One good game doesn't make a difference.

Maybe when the 2nd pick still held value.

It's not just about one good game anyways. It's pretty much been a pipe dream for sometime now. Names like Stuckey, J-Rich, Ben Gordon, Rip Hamilton, Morrow, etc are SGs that have more of a shot coming here. Getting Afflalo would require us to move Shved + Williams.
cpfsf
General Manager

Post#223 » by cpfsf » Tue Dec 4, 2012 5:12 pm

C.lupus wrote:I think it is pretty unlikely that Shved gets moved. He's looking like a legit talent, is young, is on a good contract, and is one of Kahn's guys. One of Afflalo or Redick would be a great addition but we don't need both.

Shved definitely strikes me as being one of Kahn's guys. My assumption is that Kahn was the one who made the initial push for the Russian. It really makes me happy though that he seems like one of Adelman's guys too. Of course Shved should be able to thrive in any system given his diverse skill set. That really kind of saved our team when it seemed like every single back court player became infected with the Blazers Bug. As an added bonus, it provides another reason for Kirilenko to stay.

sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell
cpfsf
General Manager

Post#224 » by cpfsf » Tue Dec 4, 2012 5:22 pm

shrink wrote:I think we have a logjam of guys that can play back-up SG minutes for us (Shved, Buddinger, Ridnour, Lee, maybe Roy), but I think Shved is the only guy that may one day become a legit NBA starter. I think Roy will just retire.

I think it's more of a temporary logjam. Ridnour is arguably the most likely candidate to be traded before the offseason (Williams gives him a run for his money). Roy is obviously being Roy. Lee is still on a relatively cheap contract that lasts an additional year, so he really isn't even weighing the team down.

I feel as though Barea, Shved, and Budinger are battling for the minutes that Kirilenko and Rubio do not play.

IShotTheMaid
Ballboy
And1: 3

Post#225 » by IShotTheMaid » Thu Dec 6, 2012 3:40 am

The perfect starting 2-guard for the wolves would be a guy like Wesley Matthews IMO. Just a solid all around player with no major weaknesses. But the main reason I want him for this team is for his defensive ability. Although there seems to be some bad blood between the Wolves and Blazers. But it'd be awesome to land Matthews using the trade pieces Minny has in Barea/Williams/Ridnour/picks..... A 3rd team is probably needed though.

But this roster would deadly at 100%:

Ricky Rubio - Barea or Ridnour
Wesley Matthews - Alexey Shved - Malcolm Lee
Andrei Kirilenko - Chase Budinger - Josh Howard
Kevin Love - Dante Cunningham - Lou Amundson
Nikola Pekovic - Greg Stiemsma

This team is close....Just need Rubio back and possibly a guy like Matthews.
NewWolvesOrder
Head Coach
And1: 1,262

Post#226 » by NewWolvesOrder » Thu Dec 6, 2012 5:19 am

With Adelman having visions of Rubio/Shved backcourt I I doubt they make a significant move for a SG. I would not be surprised if they go with Rubio & Shved starting and Ridnour, Barea, Lee sharing backup minutes at both positions based on matchups or going with the hot hand.
FinnTheHuman
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,705

Post#227 » by FinnTheHuman » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:35 am

What do you guys think about Shane Battier? Could we make Heat interested in a trade involving him? I think he's a perfect fit - bbiq, elite defense, hustles, 3 point shooting (especially from corner), 3 mil salary in this and next season, doesn't need to play many minutes so there's minutes for Shved, plays huge under pressure. He's very experienced, has nice attitude and work ethic. Also, he played for Adelman in Rockets. I think he's everything we need. I'd even give Dante or Bud for such a player. So, what do you guys think?

In a game between the Rockets and San Antonio Spurs in the 2007–08 season in which he was assigned to guard Manu Ginóbili, because Ginóbili was playing off the bench and his minutes were not in sync with those of typical NBA starters, Battier went to Rockets coach Rick Adelman before the game and asked to be kept out of the starting lineup and substituted in whenever Ginóbili entered the game. Rockets general manager Daryl Morey later said about the incident, “No one in the NBA does that. No one says put me on the bench so I can guard their best scorer all the time.”
SparksFly87
Assistant Coach
And1: 395

Post#228 » by SparksFly87 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:50 pm

Dorell Wright, Arnette Moultre and a Pick for Derrick Williams.
TimbaWolves
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#229 » by TimbaWolves » Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:35 pm

IShotTheMaid wrote:The perfect starting 2-guard for the wolves would be a guy like Wesley Matthews IMO. Just a solid all around player with no major weaknesses. But the main reason I want him for this team is for his defensive ability. Although there seems to be some bad blood between the Wolves and Blazers. But it'd be awesome to land Matthews using the trade pieces Minny has in Barea/Williams/Ridnour/picks..... A 3rd team is probably needed though.

But this roster would deadly at 100%:

Ricky Rubio - Barea or Ridnour
Wesley Matthews - Alexey Shved - Malcolm Lee
Andrei Kirilenko - Chase Budinger - Josh Howard
Kevin Love - Dante Cunningham - Lou Amundson
Nikola Pekovic - Greg Stiemsma

This team is close....Just need Rubio back and possibly a guy like Matthews.

Unfortunately the Blazers don't want anything to do with us.
TimbaWolves
Ballboy

Post#230 » by TimbaWolves » Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:47 pm

moss_is_1 wrote:
C.lupus wrote:Wait, what? We have a logjam at SG? News to me. Last time I checked we had Malcolm Lee and Shved. I wouldn't put a lot of weight on last year, either. Adelman didn't have much in the way of options at SG (Johnson and Ellington). He does like having two guards who can handle the ball but I don't think he is married to the idea of ridnour or Barea being that second guard.

I didn't really mean we did right now....but in the future. Budinger/Roy will be back this season, Shved has shown he needs minutes as well. If we traded Shved/Dwill for 2 more SGs we would definitely have a logjam.

Must be nice to have that kind of childish innocence, but please, give up on Roy. He probly shouldnt walk more than a couple blocks a day so to think that he'd be any kind of factor to the team when he gets back is foolishness. And since we paid him 5 Mill he'd better wheel his ass to practice and show Lee how to shoot, tell love that everyone in Portland calls him a cry baby so hopefully he'd stop complaining to refs and then RETIRE so we can pickup another body.
Mattya
RealGM
And1: 6,282

Post#231 » by Mattya » Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:50 pm

I doubt Love really cares what people in Portland, outside of his family, think of him.

and why exactly would Love retire. That post was very difficult to read.
Figjamjr
Sophomore
And1: 4

Post#232 » by Figjamjr » Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:59 pm

I'm thinking Barea for Courtney Lee straight up. Or maybe Barea and a 2nd round pick. Seems like it would give Boston another backup to Rondo and they could move Barbosa to SG off the bench. Plus Barea has 1 less year on his contract than Lee and he and Terry played together in Dallas.

Anyone think Boston would have interest in that?
TimbaWolves
Ballboy

Post#233 » by TimbaWolves » Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:01 pm

Mattya wrote:I doubt Love really cares what people in Portland, outside of his family, think of him.

Guess I should have been clearer about who I was talking about but it should be obvious.unless Love or Lee have some sort of career ending condition I don't know about.
TimbaWolves
Ballboy

Post#234 » by TimbaWolves » Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:11 pm

Figjamjr wrote:I'm thinking Barea for Courtney Lee straight up. Or maybe Barea and a 2nd round pick. Seems like it would give Boston another backup to Rondo and they could move Barbosa to SG off the bench. Plus Barea has 1 less year on his contract than Lee and he and Terry played together in Dallas.

Anyone think Boston would have interest in that?

I was pretty high on Courtney Lee too but looking at our own Lee and his performance there's no real point in trading for him now.Id be interested in Getting Fab Melo form them though.
Mattya
RealGM

Post#235 » by Mattya » Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:39 pm

TimbaWolves wrote:
Mattya wrote:I doubt Love really cares what people in Portland, outside of his family, think of him.

Guess I should have been clearer about who I was talking about but it should be obvious.unless Love or Lee have some sort of career ending condition I don't know about.

Really? You think this is obvious?

tell love that everyone in Portland calls him a cry baby so hopefully he'd stop complaining to refs and then RETIRE so we can pickup another body.
TimbaWolves
Ballboy

Post#236 » by TimbaWolves » Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:53 pm

Really? You think this is obvious?

tell love that everyone in Portland calls him a cry baby so hopefully he'd stop complaining to refs and then RETIRE so we can pickup another body.

Seeing as how I was talking about Roy you should have been able to jump to that conclusion on your own without me pointing it out. But I guess if someone said the Brute on our team you'd need them to say Pek excuse me Nikola Pekovic in order for you to know who they were referring to because it could be JJ or Luke right?

As long as Roy is here he needs to make himself useful or better yet just retire so we can sign someone else.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,503

Post#237 » by Klomp » Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:03 pm

TimbaWolves wrote:Seeing as how I was talking about Roy you should have been able to jump to that conclusion on your own without me pointing it out. But I guess if someone said the Brute on our team you'd need them to say Pek excuse me Nikola Pekovic in order for you to know who they were referring to because it could be JJ or Luke right?

You said:

"Tell Love" - this says you're talking about Love.
"that everyone in Portland calls him a crybaby" - Never heard Roy described that way once.
"so hopefully he'd stop complaining to refs and then RETIRE" - Never known Roy as one to complain to refs.

How exactly are you referring to Roy here? See where we might be confused?
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
FinnTheHuman
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,705

Post#238 » by FinnTheHuman » Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:26 pm

Hahahaha it is so obvious, and written correctly - Roy should tell Love all those things and teach Lee to shoot, and retire. The following posts also follow that thought. xD

Anyways, any thoughts on Shane Battier thing I mentioned?
Mattya
RealGM

Post#239 » by Mattya » Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:30 pm

TimbaWolves wrote:Really? You think this is obvious?

Seeing as how I was talking about Roy you should have been able to jump to that conclusion on your own without me pointing it out. But I guess if someone said the Brute on our team you'd need them to say Pek excuse me Nikola Pekovic in order for you to know who they were referring to because it could be JJ or Luke right?

As long as Roy is here he needs to make himself useful or better yet just retire so we can sign someone else.

I really hate to be the grammar police, but how am I supposed to understand you when you don't use proper grammar. I have an easier time understanding lobi than you, and English isn't his first language. It was almost like your commas and periods were switched around.
Krapinsky
RealGM
And1: 1,929

Post#240 » by Krapinsky » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:08 pm

Man OJ Mayo would have looked awesome on this team. Too bad that ship has sailed. With no bird rights if we trade for him, I don't see how we could get him and keep him.
FinnTheHuman wrote: Your post is just garbage.

NewWolvesOrder wrote:Garbage post, indeed.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves