ImageImageImage

We need a body at the wing Suggestions?

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Torben
Junior
And1: 59

Re: We need a body at the wing Suggestions? 

Post#81 » by Torben » Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:35 am

A report mentioned that we worked out Josh Howard... would be pretty interesting i think. :)
packforfreedom
Analyst
And1: 4,020

Post#82 » by packforfreedom » Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:02 pm

I don't like the idea of bringing a headcase into our lockerroom right now. Not with our current chemistry. Also Howard is known for not defending anybody, he can't hit threes and is a ballhog. Don't want him here. Gimme a solid D-League Shooter instead, who works his ass off.
NewWolvesOrder
Head Coach
And1: 1,262

Post#83 » by NewWolvesOrder » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:49 pm

packforfreedom wrote:I don't like the idea of bringing a headcase into our lockerroom right now. Not with our current chemistry. Also Howard is known for not defending anybody, he can't hit threes and is a ballhog. Don't want him here. Gimme a solid D-League Shooter instead, who works his ass off.

True.
Howard is a bad bad mix for our suburban/international lockeroom. Plus not a good fit on the floor.
UConn celt
Senior
And1: 70

Post#84 » by UConn celt » Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:34 pm

Any interest in Courtney Lee? He couldn't be traded until Dec 15 and he's a bit overpaid (3 yrs $12M is probably closer to his value) but he's a solid role player who's better than he's played so far this year and can shoot and play D.

Lee and Fab Melo for Williams?

As a celtics fan my motivation would be to combine Williams with either Bradley or Sullinger and trade them for a starting caliber big, possibly Varejao or Millsap.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,097

Post#85 » by Calinks » Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:41 pm

I'm not worried about Howard in the locker room, it just seems like he can't produce anymore so not very interested. K-Mart can still play but the need is at the 2 more than anything. Pietrus could be good. I still wouldn't rule out a D-League person either unless there was just absolutely no one I felt could fit in.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
Esohny
RealGM
And1: 339

Post#86 » by Esohny » Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:48 pm

Calinks wrote:I'm not worried about Howard in the locker room, it just seems like he can't produce anymore so not very interested. K-Mart can still play but the need is at the 2 more than anything. Pietrus could be good. I still wouldn't rule out a D-League person either unless there was just absolutely no one I felt could fit in.

I wouldn't rule out a d-leaguer because the Wolves can only pay the minimum and the available veterans who seem like they can still play a bit want more money.
SMAC-K wrote:Mayo>>>>Love and that 5th pick
OJ Mayo is one of the best defenders in the league, hes a two way player and hes a great passer and playmaker.
Krapinsky
RealGM
And1: 1,929

Post#87 » by Krapinsky » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:29 pm

Howard and Pietrus are pretty much finished at this point.Although they're known names, neither has been good for 4 years. If we have to give either of those guys significant minutes we're in trouble.
FinnTheHuman wrote: Your post is just garbage.

NewWolvesOrder wrote:Garbage post, indeed.
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

Post#88 » by C.lupus » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:52 pm

I vote for D Leaguer, too. If a guy can't play anymore, what's the point? Get someone in here with something to prove. Either that or pull the trigger on a Williams trade.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,097

Post#89 » by Calinks » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:58 pm

What about Gomes, Chris Douglous-Roberts, Rodney Carney, Jamario Moon.

I think Gomes could play a decent role here but he can't play 2. I always liked Carney's speed and in this system he might be able to show some defense. Delonte West is probably the best player out there though. His possible locker room behavior does scare me a little though.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,501

Post#90 » by Klomp » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:01 pm

Calinks wrote:What about Gomes, Chris Douglous-Roberts, Rodney Carney, Jamario Moon.

I think Gomes could play a decent role here but he can't play 2. I always liked Carney's speed and in this system he might be able to show some defense. Delonte West is probably the best player out there though. His possible locker room behavior does scare me a little though.

I have a friend who is a big CDR and Memphis fan and would be thrilled with that.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#91 » by Klomp » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:11 pm

“@JerryZgoda: The way I read the CBA, the Wolves can't get a disabled player exception because Budinger's injury is not season-ending”
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Esohny
RealGM
And1: 339

Post#92 » by Esohny » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:22 pm

Klomp wrote:
“@JerryZgoda: The way I read the CBA, the Wolves can't get a disabled player exception because Budinger's injury is not season-ending”

Jerry, Jerry, Jerry. What did we say about trying to read?
SMAC-K wrote:Mayo>>>>Love and that 5th pick
OJ Mayo is one of the best defenders in the league, hes a two way player and hes a great passer and playmaker.
Biff Cooper
Sixth Man
And1: 240

Post#93 » by Biff Cooper » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:58 pm

I agree with Jerry. I didn't think it was a possibility when Adelman suggested using the injured player exception. We don't have anyone yet that is going to miss the entire season.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#94 » by Klomp » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:17 pm

“@DarrenWolfson: An agent who's trying to get his guy on Wolves: "I think the team is trying to make a trade. No one has said as much, but that’s my guess."”

NewWolvesOrder
Head Coach

Post#95 » by NewWolvesOrder » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:28 pm

His guy must be european and white of course. Otherwise why this agent tries to get him here?
Krapinsky
RealGM

Post#96 » by Krapinsky » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:33 pm

I think revisiting the Turner for Williams trade makes sense. Neither player fits with their current team and being in a different system could help both players.

NewWolvesOrder
Head Coach

Post#97 » by NewWolvesOrder » Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:13 pm

Krapinsky wrote:I think revisiting the Turner for Williams trade makes sense. Neither player fits with their current team and being in a different system could help both players.

The have their share PFs too so not room for DW. It's not like he's an obvious upgrade for them. Actually looking around the NBA roster i have tough time finding a team in need of Williams.
Tirion
Assistant Coach
And1: 290

Post#98 » by Tirion » Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:16 pm

Krapinsky wrote:I think revisiting the Turner for Williams trade makes sense. Neither player fits with their current team and being in a different system could help both players.

You're talking about Evan Turner right? The one who's currently averaging 12 and 9 starting for the 76ers, who traded Iggy to accomodate him? That Turner?
AK47MVP
Starter
And1: 1,588

Post#99 » by AK47MVP » Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:24 pm

Just please no to Bell or Josh Howard. Pietrus seems like good choice.
Krapinsky
RealGM

Post#100 » by Krapinsky » Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:50 pm

Tirion wrote:

You're talking about Evan Turner right? The one who's currently averaging 12 and 9 starting for the 76ers, who traded Iggy to accomodate him? That Turner?

You think they traded Iggy to accommodate Turner? I hope you're joking. I tempted to take that theory over to the 76ers board for some good laughs.

KrazySixersD wrote:we wanted to trade iggy so we could get other pieces and get cap flexibility..... turner getting his chance was a bonus...

bigdavid wrote:I had a lot of hope for Turner...but now it seems I was wrong. He will just be another NBA player...but no superstar.

BobThornton wrote:I had high hopes....but going forward, Dorell Wright might be a more important piece than Turner.

Kobblehead wrote:I still think Evan can put up 17, 7 and 7 on a lottery-bound team. On a good team, it looks like he'd gonna have to focus on being a glue guy. His defense is still exceptional. He just has too many brainfarts on offense (getting his shot blocked, turning it over, rushing his decisions).

bballin76 wrote:The issue is his inefficiency on offense. Ppg hasn't changed that.

Westbrook36 wrote:I just don't think he is that good. Sure he does some of the little things, but I can't get over how awful his jumper is. It is one of the worst I have ever seen from a guard, and I know he plays the 3 here, but he's a guard for all intents and purposes.

Turner is shooting 38% and the 76ers are much better when Turner is on the bench. I suggest you take a look:

http://www.82games.com/1213/1213PHI.HTM

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves