yardbarker

ESPN: Josh Howard to Minnesota

Moderators: Klomp, C.lupus, Basti

Post#16 Re: ESPN: Josh Howard to Minnesota
Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:08 pm by Klomp

“@JerryZgoda: On Howard from someone who knows: Great fit, good in locker room, quiet, high BB IQ, a scorer, can be a ball stopper but not a black hole”

And he's BLACK, Jerry! (sorry, had to)
DusterBuster wrote:Klomp is like the ultimate troll mod.

Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.
Klomp

Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 2,203

Post#17 Re: ESPN: Josh Howard to Minnesota
Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:27 pm by NewWolves

AK47MVP wrote:
Klomp wrote:From the little I remember about him, he seems like he could fit into the Budinger role off the bench. That's what we're really looking for with this move IMO.

For that he would need to shoot at least 35% on his 3pts. Doubt it will happen. He shot very poorly last year with Utah. He is nowhere defender he used to be due to his bad knees. Last year I was watching him play with Utah, his mindset was always to take jumpers or attack the basket, and he did it at horrible FG%. Not sure Wolves need that.

Although I agree he was awful last year with Utah, i think this is another situation. Now he is a free agent and is brought to a new team that is only interested in him because of the injuries - So Im sure his role will be very specific at what the coaching staff is seeking from him. I doubt Adelman give him the green light to do what he did in Utah
NewWolves
Sophomore
And1: 4

Post#18 Re: ESPN: Josh Howard to Minnesota
Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:28 pm by Krapinsky

Both Pietrus and Howard are pretty terrible. I'd take Howard over Pietrus though, just because he's the better offensive player. Pietrus had an 8.58 PER last year fwiw.
Sig by C.lupus
Krapinsky
RealGM
And1: 760

Post#19 Re: ESPN: Josh Howard to Minnesota
Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:28 pm by TMo519

Can't argue it, we need bodies, and he can contribute still. I'm sure Adelman will figure out a way to fit him in.
TMo519
Bench Warmer
And1: 25

Post#20 Re: ESPN: Josh Howard to Minnesota
Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:29 pm by Klomp

Krapinsky wrote:Both Pietrus and Howard are pretty terrible. I'd take Howard over Pietrus though, just because he's the better offensive player. Pietrus had an 8.58 PER last year fwiw.

Good call. Pietrus is still a guy that needs to be set up. Howard can create.

Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.
Klomp

Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#21 Re: ESPN: Josh Howard to Minnesota
Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:02 pm by Dual

Howard>Conroy is all we need to know :D

Yesterdays game was the best example that we need someone that can contribute, Conroy wasnt that guy.
Dual

Senior
And1: 41

Post#22 Re: ESPN: Josh Howard to Minnesota
Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:20 pm by C.lupus

I'm pretty meh on this. Not a big Howard fan but they do need another warm body so, as long as he doesn't mess up the chemistry on the team, I'm OK with it.
C.lupus

Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 4,441

Post#23 Re: ESPN: Josh Howard to Minnesota
Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:32 pm by Klomp

“@DarrenWolfson: At a luncheon, so sorry if this is out: Conroy told he has been let go. #twolves”

Klomp

Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#24 Re: ESPN: Josh Howard to Minnesota
Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:46 pm by Klomp

Good article from last Saturday: http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wiz ... ck-in-nba/

“I’m just a surprise waiting to happen for anybody that picks me up,” Howard, a former Wizard, said in a recent telephone interview. “Of course, I am at the end of my career, as far as what they consider older guys, but I’ve got a lot left in the tank.”

“I’m not mad about not being in the NBA right now because when I look back on my career, not too many guys that are in there right now can say they’ve done the things I’ve done,” he said. “I’m happy, but I want to get out there and keep playing because I have a lot to give.”

Klomp

Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#25 Re: ESPN: Josh Howard to Minnesota
Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:49 pm by Gunny

Klomp wrote:
“@DarrenWolfson: At a luncheon, so sorry if this is out: Conroy told he has been let go. #twolves”

I wonder how Roy feels about this...
Gunny

Pro Prospect
And1: 287

Post#26 Re: ESPN: Josh Howard to Minnesota
Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:51 pm by Klomp

“@JimPeteHoops: Josh Howard is a good fit for the Adelman system. Here are his numbers from my basketball bible...Basketball Reference. http://t.co/7OhBPhuv

Klomp

Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#27 Re: ESPN: Josh Howard to Minnesota
Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:52 pm by Klomp

Gunny wrote:
Klomp wrote:

I doubt it's a big deal. People made too much about the friendship to begin with. Roy's a vet, he knows this is a business.

Klomp

Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#28 Re: ESPN: Josh Howard to Minnesota
Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:06 pm by Dewey

Gunny wrote:
Klomp wrote:

probably wondering "Am I next" or "Hey, Conroy, right behind you" or "grab us a cab" ... ??? :dontknow:
Flip response to Love wanting out, "He has no reason to be upset, you're either a part of the problem or a part of the solution"
Dewey
Analyst
And1: 67

Post#29 Re: ESPN: Josh Howard to Minnesota
Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:26 pm by Murphs56

I'm very happy with this move. We aren't asking Josh to do much, just hit the open jumper and play some defense. Adelman will get the most out of him
Murphs56
Bench Warmer
And1: 161

Post#30 Re: ESPN: Josh Howard to Minnesota
Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:33 pm by Esohny

Dewey wrote:probably wondering "Am I next" or "Hey, Conroy, right behind you" or "grab us a cab" ... ??? :dontknow:

Only if he has season ending surgery or is forced to retire, I'd think. Otherwise, they're either keeping him or trading his guaranteed contract.
SMAC-K wrote:Mayo>>>>Love and that 5th pick
OJ Mayo is one of the best defenders in the league, hes a two way player and hes a great passer and playmaker.
Esohny

RealGM
And1: 312

Post#31 Re: ESPN: Josh Howard to Minnesota
Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:52 pm by [RCG]

Considering Roy hasn't done anything so far he wouldn't be too big of a loss.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt
[RCG]
Head Coach
And1: 135

Post#32 Re: ESPN: Josh Howard to Minnesota
Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:38 pm by Twolves1Fan

Well, I'm all for bringing in anyone who can help us while we deal with this crazy injury situation we have. But I need you guys to help settle a debate that I'm having with a co-worker.

Is Josh Howard the guy who stirred up a bunch of trouble one summer when he refused to recognize the National Athem or started cussing while it was being played or something like that while he was at a bsaeball game or some kind of function?

Wasn't there a you tube video of him going off about the country and how he doesn't give a crap etc...

Or was it someone else? I don't know why I keep thinking it was Josh Howard when he played for the Mavericks.

Thanks and let's hope Howard can help us!!!
Twolves1Fan

Freshman
And1: 9

Post#33 Re: ESPN: Josh Howard to Minnesota
Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:42 pm by C.lupus

C.lupus

Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 4,441

Post#34 Re: ESPN: Josh Howard to Minnesota
Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:43 pm by ...

Twolves1Fan wrote:Well, I'm all for bringing in anyone who can help us while we deal with this crazy injury situation we have. But I need you guys to help settle a debate that I'm having with a co-worker.

Is Josh Howard the guy who stirred up a bunch of trouble one summer when he refused to recognize the National Athem or started cussing while it was being played or something like that while he was at a bsaeball game or some kind of function?

Wasn't there a you tube video of him going off about the country and how he doesn't give a crap etc...

Or was it someone else? I don't know why I keep thinking it was Josh Howard when he played for the Mavericks.

Thanks and let's hope Howard can help us!!!

Here you go.

Junior
And1: 63

Post#35 Re: ESPN: Josh Howard to Minnesota
Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:56 pm by Twolves1Fan

Thanks guys! I appreciate the info! I hate that I was correct about that but hopefully Howard has changed. I don't recall hearing anything else bad about him since then.

Hopefully he can help us!!!

Thanks again for the fast info fellas. :D
Twolves1Fan

Freshman
And1: 9

Next

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves