ImageImageImage

Game #9: Timberwolves vs. Warriors (7:00 pm, FSN)

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

moss_is_1
RealGM
And1: 2,007

Re: Game #9: Timberwolves vs. Warriors (7:00 pm, FSN) 

Post#261 » by moss_is_1 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:14 pm

NewWolves wrote:
moss_is_1 wrote:
Turnover_21 wrote:Barea>>>Ridnour on defense despite being a midget.
JJ can be a pest while Luke is a revolving door.

Agreed. JJ draws a lot more offensive fouls and is quick enough to stay in front of people...he just struggles with guys overpowering him a lot.

I'll say 70% of those charges are flops. Don't get me wrong, I know the art of flopping is a good asset to have, but this season it will be different, because of the new rule. Although he's quick, he has struggle his entire career to stay in front of his men - plus in pick and rolls, it seems like he almost never try to avoid the pick....and he is absolutely inexistent in fast break defense. Not saying that Luke is that much better, but is not worse.

What JJ brings is offense. For me in particular, besides the obvious skill of killing everybody of the dribble - I think he's great controlling the pace or tempo of the game - even betters than Ricky. This is why many times, although his numbers in the box-score aren't that good, his +/- is almost always positive. Just to be clear, I prefers JJ to Luke any-day, but because of their overall contribution

I agree with you, all I'm trying to say is although JJ isn't a good defender...he's better then Luke because he's a pest. He irritates the person he's guarding by drawing fouls, pressing up on them, and they will make contact with him and he will get the call more times then not.

I like JJ better for our team as well because of his offense. He can score in bunches off the bench which compliments Rubio's pass first approach. He showed last year(and in Dallas with Kidd/Terry) that he can play with other PGs. I also think that Luke would have more value around the league to net us something in a trade.

At the deadline I would try to float around a combo with Roy/Luke/D-will to try and really get us a difference maker off the bench(assuming everyone gets healthy). Lee is able to handle 3rd string PG duties since Shved handles the ball so much.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,583

Post#262 » by Klomp » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:36 am

"It's a real quandary for me, because (when) I take him out, it's not the same," Adelman said. "Malcolm's not really a true point guard. Alexey's better off the ball than actually initiating, so it really hurts us when I get (Luke) out of the game. I've got to get him out. I've got to give him some rest."

http://www.foxsportsnorth.com/11/18/12/ ... olves.html
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Piecake
Assistant Coach
And1: 264

Post#263 » by Piecake » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:45 am

Klomp wrote:
"It's a real quandary for me, because (when) I take him out, it's not the same," Adelman said. "Malcolm's not really a true point guard. Alexey's better off the ball than actually initiating, so it really hurts us when I get (Luke) out of the game. I've got to get him out. I've got to give him some rest."

http://www.foxsportsnorth.com/11/18/12/ ... olves.html

Yea, i totally disagree with that. Outside of Rubio, Shved is our best playmaker, and infinitely superior to Ridnour. Ridnour can't get around the pick and roll, cant get passed his man, cant penetrate. All he does is waste time dribbling at the top of the key and then pass the ball off to someone else. Thats a piss poor job of initiating an offense

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves