Rumors for a Pau trade in spanish newspaper

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

LaViggins
Senior
And1: 140

Re: Rumors for a Pau trade in spanish newspaper 

Post#81 » by LaViggins » Mon Dec 3, 2012 10:06 pm

funkatron101 wrote:
Twolves_42 wrote:I would want Pau, but its not worth giving up Pek.

It would be insane to see these 5 on the court at the same time

Rubio
Shved
Love
Pau
Pek

Love is not quick or agile enough to guard the 3.

Obviously it wouldn't be against the "quick and agile" 3's in the league
FinnTheHuman
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,716

Post#82 » by FinnTheHuman » Mon Dec 3, 2012 10:25 pm

m2002brian wrote:Can someone tell me, who is the Miami Heats "franchise center"?

The center position is not nearly as big of a deal as it is being made out to be on in this thread.

I'm not for Pau, but Pek isn't nearly as important as it seems some people are making it out to be.

It's Bosh. He put on a lot of weight this summer so that he could play center again like he did in Toronto. And your analogy is ridiculous, because Miami plays entirely different basketball because of Lebron who is a special case and is actually some kind of 4. In the beginning of last season we played Darko as a starting center, and then the rest of the game without a classic center and we all saw how that worked for us. Then, Pek had a breakout. The fact is that there is a lack of elite centers in the league, and we are lucky to have one. Even Darko was drafted as 2nd pick in front of Karmelo and Wade just because half of the league was crying for an elite center (and he didn't turn out to be one).
NewWolves
Sophomore
And1: 4

Post#83 » by NewWolves » Mon Dec 3, 2012 10:32 pm

sisibilio wrote:
Mattya wrote:It doesn't make sense to me to keep Pek if Pau is coming in. Any trade with that happening means we probably won't resign Pek.

I don't see why.
If you include Williams, Barea and Ridnour in the deal and assuming Roy and Stiemsma will be gone in the summer you can afford both.

Minute distribution this season:

Rubio (33) / Shved (10) / VetMin-Lee (5)
Meeks (20) / Shved (20) / Lee (8)
Kirlenko (35) / Howard (10) / Cunningham (3)
Love (35) / Gasol(10) / Cunningham (3) / Amundson
Gasol (20) / Pekovic (28) / Stiemsma

Once Budinger is back he'll take all the minutes of Lee-Howard and some of Shved-Meeks in the SG position and you'd be able to rest AK some more.
Not saying that it's likely or anything but it could work, and you would be a much more dangerous team, i don't think anyone can doubt that.

Adelman wont accept giving up Ridnour and Barea. Is either one of them, but not both. And is the correct thing to do. First, you never know how Rubio return will be. Second, Shved is NOT a Pg.
NewWolvesOrder
Head Coach
And1: 1,262

Post#84 » by NewWolvesOrder » Mon Dec 3, 2012 10:37 pm

Twolves_42 wrote:
funkatron101 wrote:
Twolves_42 wrote:I would want Pau, but its not worth giving up Pek.

It would be insane to see these 5 on the court at the same time

Rubio
Shved
Love
Pau
Pek

Love is not quick or agile enough to guard the 3.

Obviously it wouldn't be against the "quick and agile" 3's in the league

Obviously you didn't think it through.
m2002brian
Veteran
And1: 1,104

Post#85 » by m2002brian » Mon Dec 3, 2012 10:39 pm

It's Bosh. He put on a lot of weight this summer so that he could play center again like he did in Toronto. And your analogy is ridiculous, because Miami plays entirely different basketball because of Lebron who is some kind of 4. In the beginning of last season we played Darko as a starting center, and then the rest of the game without a classic center and we all saw how that worked for us. Then, Pek had a breakout. The fact is that there is a lack of elite centers in the league, and we are lucky to have one.

My analogy was. You don't need an elite, true center to win. You need serviceable center who plays above average to good defense.

Don't get me wrong I love Pek and wouldn't trade him for the likes of Pau. But, to win in this league we're going to need wing scoring before we need Pek scoring. We have our Durrant (Love) we need our Westbrook, that 20+ ppg wing type. If we could find a starting center via trade free agency capable of playing decent defense, i would trade Pek now for wing scoring.

All I'm saying is Pek isn't the big of a deal that some here are making him out to be. In fact I'll go on record as saying his "break out" was a product of Rubioism. I have a feeling, the way Rubio gets the ball down low in the right place at the right time, that Rubio could make a lot of centers looks better than they are.
BLUEGREENRED
Krapinsky
RealGM
And1: 1,929

Post#86 » by Krapinsky » Mon Dec 3, 2012 11:13 pm

m2002brian wrote:
It's Bosh. He put on a lot of weight this summer so that he could play center again like he did in Toronto. And your analogy is ridiculous, because Miami plays entirely different basketball because of Lebron who is some kind of 4. In the beginning of last season we played Darko as a starting center, and then the rest of the game without a classic center and we all saw how that worked for us. Then, Pek had a breakout. The fact is that there is a lack of elite centers in the league, and we are lucky to have one.

My analogy was. You don't need an elite, true center to win. You need serviceable center who plays above average to good defense.

Don't get me wrong I love Pek and wouldn't trade him for the likes of Pau. But, to win in this league we're going to need wing scoring before we need Pek scoring. We have our Durrant (Love) we need our Westbrook, that 20+ ppg wing type. If we could find a starting center via trade free agency capable of playing decent defense, i would trade Pek now for wing scoring.

All I'm saying is Pek isn't the big of a deal that some here are making him out to be. In fact I'll go on record as saying his "break out" was a product of Rubioism. I have a feeling, the way Rubio gets the ball down low in the right place at the right time, that Rubio could make a lot of centers looks better than they are.

Your point is that if you have the best player in basketball then you don't need an elite center? Okay then. :roll:

Pek's best months last year were after Rubio was out.
FinnTheHuman wrote: Your post is just garbage.

NewWolvesOrder wrote:Garbage post, indeed.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,417

Post#87 » by shrink » Mon Dec 3, 2012 11:16 pm

C.lupus wrote:There is not a good Pau trade because he doesn't fit on this team.

You're right C.lupus. It's too bad that the national media doesn't care about that.

"So MIN needs a starting SG, huh? I guess that means they'll give the Lakers a sweetheart deal for Pau!"
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
FinnTheHuman
Lead Assistant

Post#88 » by FinnTheHuman » Mon Dec 3, 2012 11:27 pm

m2002brian wrote:

You are just thinking the wrong way. We don't need to copy any other franchise's basketball philosophy in order to be a winning team. There were so many successful teams which played in so many different ways, so you just can't say that you need one outstanding frontcourt and one outstanding backcourt player to have success, there's no such recipe.

Also, I don't see Shved/Budd/AK playing less than 20 min in the future, so I don't see space for 35+ minutes guy on SG/SF position. And I don't see Gasol replacing Pek at C. Gasol is more like Love than Pek offensively with a lot of pick n pop and less post up, and we have Love to do that already. He's also worse in D than Pek. I'd consider it if it was Chandler, Gortat, Noah or something like that for Pek, but I don't see those trades happening.
Krapinsky
RealGM
And1: 1,929

Post#89 » by Krapinsky » Mon Dec 3, 2012 11:43 pm

FinnTheHuman wrote:
m2002brian wrote:

You are just thinking the wrong way. We don't need to copy any other franchise's basketball philosophy in order to be a winning team. There were so many successful teams which played in so many different ways, so you just can't say that you need one outstanding frontcourt and one outstanding backcourt player to have success, there's no such recipe.

Also, I don't see Shved/Budd/AK playing less than 20 min in the future, so I don't see space for 35+ minutes guy on SG/SF position. And I don't see Gasol replacing Pek at C. Gasol is more like Love than Pek offensively with a lot of pick n pop and less post up, and we have Love to do that already. He's also worse in D than Pek. I'd consider it if it was Chandler, Gortat, Noah or something like that for Pek, but I don't see those trades happening.

I agree with most of this, except for the bolded part. Pau would prefer to work out of the post, but he's forced to play further out due to circumstances, not due to what he's actually good at or prefers doing.
FinnTheHuman wrote: Your post is just garbage.

NewWolvesOrder wrote:Garbage post, indeed.
FinnTheHuman
Lead Assistant

Post#90 » by FinnTheHuman » Mon Dec 3, 2012 11:57 pm

Krapinsky wrote:

I agree with most of this, except for the bolded part. Pau would prefer to work out of the post, but he's forced to play further out due to circumstances, not due to what he's actually good at or prefers doing.

I guess you're right, I didn't include the Bynum and Dwight factor in the equation. Still, we didn't see that from Pau for a long time, how can we know if he's still good at it?
sisibilio
Head Coach
And1: 1,070

Post#91 » by sisibilio » Tue Dec 4, 2012 12:22 am

FinnTheHuman wrote:
Krapinsky wrote:

I guess you're right, I didn't include the Bynum and Dwight factor in the equation. Still, we didn't see that from Pau for a long time, how can we know if he's still good at it?

What? Pau has been primarily a post player since 2004.
If you want to try to measure the elements of basketball that are supposedly unmeasurable, spend a game just watching Marc Gasol.
@MikePradaSBN

Wembanyama was created to end all LeBron vs Jordan debates
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

Post#92 » by C.lupus » Tue Dec 4, 2012 12:41 am

I'll bet a large some of money that nobody has ever told Pekovic to put on his big boy pants. :lol:
FinnTheHuman
Lead Assistant

Post#93 » by FinnTheHuman » Tue Dec 4, 2012 12:50 am

sisibilio wrote:
FinnTheHuman wrote:
Krapinsky wrote:I agree with most of this, except for the bolded part. Pau would prefer to work out of the post, but he's forced to play further out due to circumstances, not due to what he's actually good at or prefers doing.

What? Pau has been primarily a post player since 2004.

But not after Bynum's breakout. Not as much as 5 should be. He posted up as much as other PF in the league does.
FinnTheHuman
Lead Assistant

Post#94 » by FinnTheHuman » Tue Dec 4, 2012 12:54 am

C.lupus wrote:I'll bet a large some of money that nobody has ever told Pekovic to put on his big boy pants. :lol:

Hahahahhaha I bet that if Kobe said that to Pek he would make a Shvarcenegerish reply followed by a nasty scene. :lol:
m2002brian
Veteran
And1: 1,104

Post#95 » by m2002brian » Tue Dec 4, 2012 1:21 am

Regardless of any system any team may run. As I've said over and over, I just think some are overrating Pek.
BLUEGREENRED
AQuintus
RealGM
And1: 2,458

Post#96 » by AQuintus » Tue Dec 4, 2012 1:36 am

[RCG] wrote:Even more complicated:
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=c6ruk2s
-sign a vet min PG

Rubio/Shved/VetMin/Lee
Beal/Shved/(Budinger)/Lee
Kirlenko/(Budinger)Howard/Cunningham
Love/Gasol/Cunninham/Amundson
Gasol/Stiemsma

This is probably the only Pek - Pau trade that I'd consider.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,829

Post#97 » by Klomp » Tue Dec 4, 2012 2:08 am

FinnTheHuman wrote:The fact is that there is a lack of elite centers in the league, and we are lucky to have one.

Nikola Pekovic is not an elite center. C'mon, let's be real here.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,829

Post#98 » by Klomp » Tue Dec 4, 2012 2:10 am

FinnTheHuman wrote:And I don't see Gasol replacing Pek at C. Gasol is more like Love than Pek offensively with a lot of pick n pop and less post up, and we have Love to do that already.

Just curious, did you ever see the Adelman-era Sacramento Kings?
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
NewWolvesOrder
Head Coach
And1: 1,262

Post#99 » by NewWolvesOrder » Tue Dec 4, 2012 2:26 am

Klomp wrote:
FinnTheHuman wrote:And I don't see Gasol replacing Pek at C. Gasol is more like Love than Pek offensively with a lot of pick n pop and less post up, and we have Love to do that already.

that era also featured Bibby as a point guard who has nothing in common with Rubio. And don't give me Jason Williams, he was traded fast to get a shooter at PG.
FinnTheHuman
Lead Assistant

Post#100 » by FinnTheHuman » Tue Dec 4, 2012 2:37 am

Klomp wrote:

It is silly to ask a Serb that question. And I'm curious about the point you want to make with it.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves