ImageImageImage

Oh boy, here we go again... (Woj story on Love)

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,512

Re: Oh boy, here we go again... (Woj story on Love) 

Post#381 » by Worm Guts » Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:50 pm

Saltine wrote:I won't forget it. He's a petulant little narcissist. He only got the 4 year max instead of 5, poor little baby. Hopefully he'll grow up and stop living in the past, he may be our best player, but Rubio is the soul of this team, not Kevin.

He's lucky a numbers man is in charge, I'd already be trading him to a bottom dweller. F you too Kev, Okafur, Crawford and a couple unprotected firsts, done deal, have fun in Washington ;)

Have you ever hear the phrase "Cutting off your nose to spite your face"? Trading Love makes us a worse team.
Foye
Club Captain- German Soccer
And1: 3,453

Post#382 » by Foye » Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:52 pm

FinnTheHuman wrote:If we can't get a elite stretch PF in a trade for him, everybody will just have to forgive him. There are a lot of elite strech PFs in the league, tho.

I would love Aldridge. But there really is no way.
Dewey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,019

Post#383 » by Dewey » Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:04 pm

Worm Guts wrote:
Saltine wrote:I won't forget it. He's a petulant little narcissist. He only got the 4 year max instead of 5, poor little baby. Hopefully he'll grow up and stop living in the past, he may be our best player, but Rubio is the soul of this team, not Kevin.

He's lucky a numbers man is in charge, I'd already be trading him to a bottom dweller. F you too Kev, Okafur, Crawford and a couple unprotected firsts, done deal, have fun in Washington ;)

Have you ever hear the phrase "Cutting off your nose to spite your face"? Trading Love makes us a worse team.

I would love to trade him for Howard - LA is going to lose him anyway. Maybe he would like fishing and want to stay.

Rubio - AK - Howard would be nice Big 3
Flip response to Love wanting out, "He has no reason to be upset, you're either a part of the problem or a part of the solution"
The J Rocka
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,730

Post#384 » by The J Rocka » Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:20 pm

Dewey wrote:
Worm Guts wrote:

I would love to trade him for Howard - LA is going to lose him anyway. Maybe he would like fishing and want to stay.

Rubio - AK - Howard would be nice Big 3

Lakers aren't going to trade him and we're not going to get him. Nor would he want to stay here.
Dewey
Lead Assistant

Post#385 » by Dewey » Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:25 pm

:roll:
Flip response to Love wanting out, "He has no reason to be upset, you're either a part of the problem or a part of the solution"
NikolaPekovic
Rookie
And1: 344

Post#386 » by NikolaPekovic » Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:28 pm

i think we gotta keep dwill as leverage if kluv seems like he wants to leave, which i highly doubt.

we just need dwill to harness that confidence he gets when he plays with rubio.
Saltine
Lead Assistant
And1: 911

Post#387 » by Saltine » Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:29 pm

Worm Guts wrote:

Oh I don't think we should trade him, not this year anyways. He's just lucky we have a very nerdy GM and owner. His spoiled brat routine wouldn't play out so well with some owners. He signed the deal, he should shut up and play.
LordBaldric
General Manager
And1: 1,970

Post#388 » by LordBaldric » Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:44 pm

Saltine wrote:
Worm Guts wrote:

Oh I don't think we should trade him, not this year anyways. He's just lucky we have a very nerdy GM and owner. His spoiled brat routine wouldn't play out so well with some owners. He signed the deal, he should shut up and play.

He's lucky eh? What would the big bad owners do to him? The guy has ~$60 million coming to him guaranteed.
Saltine
Lead Assistant
And1: 911

Post#389 » by Saltine » Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:12 pm

Trading him to a far crappier team is probably the funnest :)
Esohny
RealGM
And1: 339

Post#390 » by Esohny » Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:17 pm

Saltine wrote:
Worm Guts wrote:

He'd be even luckier if ownership and the front office weren't such jokes. Would be awesome if Love wasn't oblivious to the timing and tone of his outbursts, though.
SMAC-K wrote:Mayo>>>>Love and that 5th pick
OJ Mayo is one of the best defenders in the league, hes a two way player and hes a great passer and playmaker.
LordBaldric
General Manager

Post#391 » by LordBaldric » Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:49 pm

Saltine wrote:Trading him to a far crappier team is probably the funnest :)

OMG. Being traded away from the amazing Timberwolves franchise. The horror.
NewWolvesOrder
Head Coach
And1: 1,262

Post#392 » by NewWolvesOrder » Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:54 pm

LordBaldric wrote:
Saltine wrote:Trading him to a far crappier team is probably the funnest :)

OMG. Being traded away from the amazing Timberwolves franchise. The horror.

I think you're underestimating bring traded to Detroit, Miluawkee or Sacramento.
[RCG]
Head Coach
And1: 135

Post#393 » by [RCG] » Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:23 pm

Charlotte. I would love to get MKG (move AK to the 4) or Anthony Davis back.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt
Dewey
Lead Assistant

Post#394 » by Dewey » Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:46 pm

[/quote]Oh I don't think we should trade him, not this year anyways. He's just lucky we have a very nerdy GM and owner. His spoiled brat routine wouldn't play out so well with some owners. He signed the deal, he should shut up and play.[/quote]

He's lucky eh? What would the big bad owners do to him? The guy has ~$60 million coming to him guaranteed.[/quote]

hmmm ... wonder how he would respond to half the minutes during some of his best years for starters. Yeah Taylor eats it, but lets not like act like he couldnt make his life a living hell. Glen Taylor can make this nut-job his puppet if he chooses to - and not blink an eye. Point is: Love DOES NOT hold the cards.
LordBaldric
General Manager

Post#395 » by LordBaldric » Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:11 pm

You guys are delusional.
FinnTheHuman
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,716

Post#396 » by FinnTheHuman » Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:17 pm

Dewey wrote:

He's lucky eh? What would the big bad owners do to him? The guy has ~$60 million coming to him guaranteed.

hmmm ... wonder how he would respond to half the minutes during some of his best years for starters. Yeah Taylor eats it, but lets not like act like he couldnt make his life a living hell. Glen Taylor can make this nut-job his puppet if he chooses to - and not blink an eye. Point is: Love DOES NOT hold the cards.

Only Adelman can cut Love's minutes. But that's not going to happen, Rick is a lot smarter than that.

I hate his behavior, but as long as it doesn't influence the team chemistry it's tolerable. AK said in post-Mavs game interview that we have something special over here, that there is no guy who ruins the atmosphere in the locker room, unlike most of the cases he witnessed.

Love seemed like he could mess it up with last interview, but apparently he didn't. If it happens again this season, I think that will change.

Why? Well, I'm from Europe, and I have never seen any player say such things to the media. it's the matter of culture and bigger power of the owners and smaller power of the players. That is just unacceptable over here, so I'm sure AK, Pek, Shved and Rubio will not tolerate it anymore, no matter how much they like Love.
Tirion
Assistant Coach
And1: 290

Post#397 » by Tirion » Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:46 am

Tekkenlaw wrote:
Tirion wrote:
Tekkenlaw wrote:I can't really take anyone seriously who still calls Kahn a bad GM when looking at the current Wolves roster.

I see you don't follow this team very close.

Read this article, then come back to me:

http://www.minnpost.com/sports/2012/10/ ... ont-office
Aww I disagreed with you, lets get testy and defensive about it.

Dude, you don't look cool when you are not even trying to make an argument. You look dumb and petty.
Tirion
Assistant Coach
And1: 290

Post#398 » by Tirion » Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:52 am

Dewey wrote:

The same Glen Taylor, who's desperatly trying to sell the franchise?

The same Glen Taylor, who knows that this club without Love is worth significantly less?

Yeah, that guy is not going to do ****.

Love can break into his office and take a huge dump on his table leaving a note "From Kevin, with Love" and he ain't gonna say nothing.
Esohny
RealGM
And1: 339

Post#399 » by Esohny » Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:34 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPOIS5taqA8&list=LLoW2nUqEjFENnMWXEM7eGfw&index=30[/youtube]

Just think about it.
SMAC-K wrote:Mayo>>>>Love and that 5th pick
OJ Mayo is one of the best defenders in the league, hes a two way player and hes a great passer and playmaker.
Nitroglycerin
Starter
And1: 528

Post#400 » by Nitroglycerin » Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:52 am

Read an article about KLove going to Bulls for Mirotic and other assets.
These rumors about Love getting traded. Lol We're just starting to make a playoff run and we're talking about trading one of our best players already :-?
Trust the PRosas!

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves