ImageImageImage

Oh boy, here we go again... (Woj story on Love)

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,801

Re: Oh boy, here we go again... (Woj story on Love) 

Post#401 » by floppymoose » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:32 am

I don't think anyone but diehard realgm wolves forum members will even remember Love's comments 6 months from now if he has a good run in the playoffs. It's just drama. As long as it doesn't interfere with his basketball game, no worries.
LOBO 7
Bench Warmer
And1: 49

Post#402 » by LOBO 7 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:06 am

I haven't posted in a while, but I thought I would share my take on this....drama.

Also, I haven't read this entire thread so I may be repeating what someone else has already said.

While I don't completely disagree with everything he said, his timing could not have been worse. Right now he has the best team around him he has ever had, and they are winning games despite his struggles or even without him in uniform. This is a decisive moment in his career, a moment when he can prove that he can be the best player on a very good team, or he can crumble under the pressure. There is more pressure on him now than at any other time in his career, and I think his comments only added to that pressure. I honestly think he is only now realizing that, and I think (and hope) he regrets the comments now. I think his struggles recently are more mental than physical, as he has begun to realize that there is a lot of pressure on him to prove that he is the best player on this team. While he has always excelled at proving doubters wrong and overachieving, he has never been in a situation like this, where there are many different players, playing very well as a team, and he is kind of on the outside looking in, trying to step back into his role as the alpha dog. I still think he is the best player on the team, but there are others that are equally important to team success. In years past, he has just focused on improving his individual game, and he has done remarkably well. Now, he has to improve his team game and show his ability to turn a good team into a great team, which is a much different situation.

I think he will be fine if he shuts his mouth and focuses on fitting in with this very unselfish team. He also needs to change his mentality, which is not easy. He needs to play with a chip on his shoulder, but it has to be the "right" kind of chip. It needs to be the "underdog" chip that has carried him this far, and not the "entitled" chip that seems to be rearing its head lately. We'll see, but I think this season will be a real turning point in his career, for better or for worse. Either he will prove that he can put up big numbers efficiently in the role of "best player on a very good team", or, if he is unable to manage the complexities of pressure and expectations - coming both from within and from all around him - he could cause the beautiful potential of this team to sputter out.

I am optimistic, but we'll see...
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

Post#403 » by C.lupus » Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:30 pm

good post Lobo. I agree with all of it.

floppymoose wrote:I don't think anyone but diehard realgm wolves forum members will even remember Love's comments 6 months from now if he has a good run in the playoffs. It's just drama. As long as it doesn't interfere with his basketball game, no worries.

Agree with this as well. He'll be fine, he just needs to work things out mentally within himself. I have no doubt he will. I think he's learned a lesson here. I for one am ready to move on and welcome him back.

Jeez, he just put up 36/13 and looked like his his self from last season three games ago.
xpmar9x
Analyst
And1: 208

Post#404 » by xpmar9x » Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:27 pm

Mattya wrote:If he leaves in free agency I would guess Chicago, NY or Brooklyn before LA.

Chicago - You should just trade him here.. please? :wink:
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,933

Post#405 » by Klomp » Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:01 am

Zach Harper ‏@talkhoops

There are Timberwolves fans saying the team needs to get rid of Kevin Love. I guess they're getting worried about playoff tickets.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
theGreatRC
RealGM
And1: 4,887

Post#406 » by theGreatRC » Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:49 am

Klomp wrote:
Zach Harper ‏@talkhoops

There are Timberwolves fans saying the team needs to get rid of Kevin Love. I guess they're getting worried about playoff tickets.

You can't be serious...Trading Love would add to the joke Kahn has been aside from getting Adelman, which attracted the other players.
Dysfunctional Wolves fan
Mattya
RealGM
And1: 6,314

Post#407 » by Mattya » Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:51 am

xpmar9x wrote:
Mattya wrote:If he leaves in free agency I would guess Chicago, NY or Brooklyn before LA.

It will cost you your soul...

and a lot of your trade assets.
xpmar9x
Analyst
And1: 208

Post#408 » by xpmar9x » Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:23 pm

Mattya wrote:
xpmar9x wrote:

It will cost you your soul...

and a lot of your trade assets.

You can have my soul, it's of no use. You can also have Reinsdorf entire savings accont.

..and Boozer :wink: :lol:
Dewey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,020

Post#409 » by Dewey » Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:36 pm

theGreatRC wrote:
Klomp wrote:
Zach Harper ‏@talkhoops

You can't be serious...Trading Love would add to the joke Kahn has been aside from getting Adelman, which attracted the other players.

As a fan I'm not for trading Love at this point, but if I'm the owner, I might send Big-Mouth packing for the right deal. At this point he's talking **** on the air-waves, got some small injury issues (that could be lingering), and is a known liability on defense that can all neutralize statistics to a degree ... I might very well sell high and move on.
Flip response to Love wanting out, "He has no reason to be upset, you're either a part of the problem or a part of the solution"
Mattya
RealGM
And1: 6,314

Post#410 » by Mattya » Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:54 pm

I dare some of you to read the Celtics board trade thread. I DARE YOU!!!
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

Post#411 » by C.lupus » Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:47 pm

LOL
Esohny
RealGM
And1: 339

Post#412 » by Esohny » Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:53 pm

Mattya wrote:I dare some of you to read the Celtics board trade thread. I DARE YOU!!!

Of course I went there like a moth to flame:

Pogue Mahone wrote:So, since the cat is out of the bag, here is how I understand it:

Green
Lee
Bass (going somewhere, don't know where, but deal doesn't work without him*)
Sullinger
Two 1st RD Picks (assuming because of time left on contracts and the going rate of stars is generally two 1st RD picks)
$3M

for

Love
Williams
Ridnour

*Maybe Boston doesn't want Williams and he would be combined with Bass? I have no idea, really, just attempting to figure out how this would reasonably work.

:roll:
:rofl:
SMAC-K wrote:Mayo>>>>Love and that 5th pick
OJ Mayo is one of the best defenders in the league, hes a two way player and hes a great passer and playmaker.
Biff Cooper
Sixth Man
And1: 240

Post#413 » by Biff Cooper » Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:21 pm

This link to Britt Robson's latest work was posted on rube chat. As usual, it is pretty good stuff from Britt:

http://www.minnpost.com/sports/2012/12/growing-pains-kevin-love-wolves-and-their-fan-base
Krapinsky
RealGM
And1: 1,929

Post#414 » by Krapinsky » Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:49 pm

Biff Cooper wrote:This link to Britt Robson's latest work was posted on rube chat. As usual, it is pretty good stuff from Britt:

http://www.minnpost.com/sports/2012/12/growing-pains-kevin-love-wolves-and-their-fan-base

This guy is one of the best sports writers around.
FinnTheHuman wrote: Your post is just garbage.

NewWolvesOrder wrote:Garbage post, indeed.
Swish4
Sixth Man
And1: 374

Post#415 » by Swish4 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:43 am

We can't just give our Love away. It has to be earned.
LOBO 7
Bench Warmer

Post#416 » by LOBO 7 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:15 am

Biff Cooper wrote:This link to Britt Robson's latest work was posted on rube chat. As usual, it is pretty good stuff from Britt:

Yeah, very good stuff. Some of the same points I (not as eloquently) tried to make in my last post:

LOBO 7 wrote:I haven't posted in a while, but I thought I would share my take on this....drama.

Also, I haven't read this entire thread so I may be repeating what someone else has already said.

While I don't completely disagree with everything he said, his timing could not have been worse. Right now he has the best team around him he has ever had, and they are winning games despite his struggles or even without him in uniform. This is a decisive moment in his career, a moment when he can prove that he can be the best player on a very good team, or he can crumble under the pressure. There is more pressure on him now than at any other time in his career, and I think his comments only added to that pressure. I honestly think he is only now realizing that, and I think (and hope) he regrets the comments now. I think his struggles recently are more mental than physical, as he has begun to realize that there is a lot of pressure on him to prove that he is the best player on this team. While he has always excelled at proving doubters wrong and overachieving, he has never been in a situation like this, where there are many different players, playing very well as a team, and he is kind of on the outside looking in, trying to step back into his role as the alpha dog. I still think he is the best player on the team, but there are others that are equally important to team success. In years past, he has just focused on improving his individual game, and he has done remarkably well. Now, he has to improve his team game and show his ability to turn a good team into a great team, which is a much different situation.

I think he will be fine if he shuts his mouth and focuses on fitting in with this very unselfish team. He also needs to change his mentality, which is not easy. He needs to play with a chip on his shoulder, but it has to be the "right" kind of chip. It needs to be the "underdog" chip that has carried him this far, and not the "entitled" chip that seems to be rearing its head lately. We'll see, but I think this season will be a real turning point in his career, for better or for worse. Either he will prove that he can put up big numbers efficiently in the role of "best player on a very good team", or, if he is unable to manage the complexities of pressure and expectations - coming both from within and from all around him - he could cause the beautiful potential of this team to sputter out.

I am optimistic, but we'll see...
LOBO 7
Bench Warmer

Post#417 » by LOBO 7 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:23 am

^ So basically whether we like it or not we need to ride Kevin, either to glory or a trainwreck. His ability to return to form, both mentally and physically, and to become "the best player on a very good team" is what will dictate what happens with this team, not only this year but in the future. It is truly a decisive season for this team, and it is nerve-wracking, but all we can do is be patient and hope for the best.
Adenusi
Bench Warmer
And1: 361

Post#418 » by Adenusi » Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:32 am

WesJ4 wrote:We can't just give our Love away. It has to be earned.

Would be nice if the real Love came back.
m2002brian
Veteran
And1: 1,115

Post#419 » by m2002brian » Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:36 am

was it real or just a phase?
BLUEGREENRED
Adenusi
Bench Warmer
And1: 361

Post#420 » by Adenusi » Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:44 am

It was real. Was the best PF in the game last year IMO on a team of scrubs. Then he got injured, started bitch1ng and his play regressed horribly. He's gonna have to earn back the confidence fans had in him.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves